Menu

Pages (128)    139 40 41128   
Jimmi   24 Jan 2016, 9:28 am
(24 Jan 2016, 8:56 am)GX03 SVC wrote I was just thinking that haha

Who in their right mind, would spend hours on end at Haymarket/Eldon Square? His photos are getting more likes on Facebook than what I get on my Flickr, for what is basically a shitty iPad photo with a silly filter on it. 

Then he gets all of his photos printed out professionally, why?!
Favourites on Flickr is totally different to likes on Facebook though, no idea how many friends he has on Facebook and I imagine he has hundreds of people on his Facebook groups, so chances are there is more people viewing his photos everyday than Flickr although my stats tell me that I can get somewhere between 2-5k hits on my Flickr each day.

The thing that really annoys me about the Eldon Square/Haymarket residency is not so much the fact I get sick of seeing photos there, it's the fact that pretty much everybody gets sick of it, so it puts me under pressure to get photos elsewhere in the area which is not so ideal when I don't know the area so well and I can sometimes be pressed for time meaning that's all I can do, I can't bring myself to even upload most of my shots taken there, I often stand across the road from Haymarket these days and snap things heading over the yellow box although annoyingly it seems like since I started doing that others have started doing it so that is sickening myself off photos there. All this means I am going to be in an annoying position when I head to Newcastle on Saturday when I will require a MAX X20 B7 as I'll only really have time for a photo at Haymarket as I should be going on that bus tour shortly afterwards.
BusLoverMum   24 Jan 2016, 10:22 am
(24 Jan 2016, 9:28 am)Jimmi wrote Favourites on Flickr is totally different to likes on Facebook though, no idea how many friends he has on Facebook and I imagine he has hundreds of people on his Facebook groups, so chances are there is more people viewing his photos everyday than Flickr although my stats tell me that I can get somewhere between 2-5k hits on my Flickr each day.

The thing that really annoys me about the Eldon Square/Haymarket residency is not so much the fact I get sick of seeing photos there, it's the fact that pretty much everybody gets sick of it, so it puts me under pressure to get photos elsewhere in the area which is not so ideal when I don't know the area so well and I can sometimes be pressed for time meaning that's all I can do, I can't bring myself to even upload most of my shots taken there, I often stand across the road from Haymarket these days and snap things heading over the yellow box although annoyingly it seems like since I started doing that others have started doing it so that is sickening myself off photos there. All this means I am going to be in an annoying position when I head to Newcastle on Saturday when I will require a MAX X20 B7 as I'll only really have time for a photo at Haymarket as I should be going on that bus tour shortly afterwards.
Might be worth walking up to the Civic Centre for that one if the light is OK.

(24 Jan 2016, 9:28 am)Jimmi wrote Favourites on Flickr is totally different to likes on Facebook though, no idea how many friends he has on Facebook and I imagine he has hundreds of people on his Facebook groups, so chances are there is more people viewing his photos everyday than Flickr although my stats tell me that I can get somewhere between 2-5k hits on my Flickr each day.

Might be worth walking up to the Civic Centre for that one if the light is OK.
Jimmi   25 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm
Flickr, Grrr! Angry

Started uploading full of enthusiasm to get my photos I took today online, about halfway though I lost the will to live but I thought that I started so I might as well finish and then the photo editor decided it was having non of it so now I'm going to have to start from scratch again another night. Fuming! Angry

Managed to get this photo up though.
[Image: 23982044693_6f2633128b.jpg]Transdev Harrogate & District: 3625 / BL65YYZ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr
BusLoverMum   25 Jan 2016, 8:00 pm
(25 Jan 2016, 7:58 pm)Jimmi wrote Flickr, Grrr! Angry

Started uploading full of enthusiasm to get my photos I took today online, about halfway though I lost the will to live but I thought that I started so I might as well finish and then the photo editor decided it was having non of it so now I'm going to have to start from scratch again another night. Fuming! Angry

Managed to get this photo up though.
[Image: 23982044693_6f2633128b.jpg]Transdev Harrogate & District: 3625 / BL65YYZ by Jimmi's Transport Photos, on Flickr

Smart livery - though big'un took one look at it and muttered "not DDA compliant"
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   25 Jan 2016, 8:02 pm
Liking the countdown until departure. Different, simple and effective.
Jimmi   25 Jan 2016, 8:04 pm
Dales & District annoyed me today as well.

The standard of driving on the 70 to Ripon this morning was pathetic, he was all over the road and almost pulled out at a roundabout when a car was coming round so had to slam hard on the brakes hard. Then in Ripon on the 159 we got the driver who was that arse I photographed on the X34 in Darlington recently so once again we got the V's flicked at us. Angry
Diamond One   25 Jan 2016, 10:51 pm
(23 Jan 2016, 11:39 pm)GMitchelhill wrote Sick of seeing photos from Haymarket and Eldon Square area of Newcastle on facebook. It's usually the same old crap posted by the same person. Honestly it puts me off photographing around that area.

despite i used to photograph round there but not anymore as i find it dead boring its the same old day in day out there Mr Issue saying "Buy Big Issue please have a nice day" it puts me off photographing there i will only photograph there the odd time as i got targets to hunt as the old saying goes places to go buses to photo elsewhere already made plans for next week it puts me off cling on corner same old people there
Rapidsnap   26 Jan 2016, 1:05 am
(25 Jan 2016, 8:00 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Smart livery - though big'un took one look at it and muttered "not DDA compliant"

He's sort of right. If it was a single decker it wouldn't be, but since it's a Double Decker, they can get away with it until next January.

Basically the route number is on the wrong side.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
S813 FVK   26 Jan 2016, 7:32 am
(26 Jan 2016, 1:05 am)GMitchelhill wrote He's sort of right. If it was a single decker it wouldn't be, but since it's a Double Decker, they can get away with it until next January.

Basically the route number is on the wrong side.

Its been said over and over that the route number being on the right is best practise rather than a 'must do'. Therefore, the vehicle is DDA compliant now and dosen't need anything doing to it.
Jimmi   26 Jan 2016, 4:10 pm
No idea why but sometimes I can't seem to press the letter 'P' on my phones screen, I'm pressing it and it thinks I'm pressing the letter 'O' instead.
BusLoverMum   26 Jan 2016, 7:45 pm
(26 Jan 2016, 7:32 am)S813 FVK wrote Its been said over and over that the route number being on the right is best practise rather than a 'must do'. Therefore, the vehicle is DDA compliant now and dosen't need anything doing to it.

That's what I told him.
BusLoverMum   26 Jan 2016, 7:49 pm
(26 Jan 2016, 4:10 pm)Jimmi wrote No idea why but sometimes I can't seem to press the letter 'P' on my phones screen, I'm pressing it and it thinks I'm pressing the letter 'O' instead.

Mine jumps all over the place. I have a particular tendency to miss the space bar and I'm not sure it's because I'm not actually touching it.

The spelling suggestions are the most annoying. They stay there for just as long as it takes for me to notice them and choose one, then all move around and change just as my finger hits them.

The other annoyance, which I've mentioned before (apart from the parrot on my shoulder, reading as I type, as if my laptop was substituting o for p) is when I click shift because I want a number or some punctuation and it jumps straight back to letters again.

Husband has suggested trying a different keyboard but I'm too much of a luddite for that.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
tyresmoke   26 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm
(26 Jan 2016, 7:32 am)S813 FVK wrote Its been said over and over that the route number being on the right is best practise rather than a 'must do'. Therefore, the vehicle is DDA compliant now and dosen't need anything doing to it.

Apart from the ultimate destination should be static and not scrolling...
S813 FVK   26 Jan 2016, 8:55 pm
(26 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm)tyresmoke wrote Apart from the ultimate destination should be static and not scrolling...

Well, i suppose you have a point there but how much of an effect does that actually have to the customer given that it only scrolls when it is at either end?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...otostream/
Jimmi   26 Jan 2016, 8:56 pm
(26 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm)tyresmoke wrote Apart from the ultimate destination should be static and not scrolling...
Saw Scarlet Band's MX55WCZ's front display scrolling 'Darlington College' on the 84A yesterday morning.
Davie   26 Jan 2016, 8:59 pm
(22 Jan 2016, 5:05 pm)DanPicken wrote I slipped over on the school M.U.G.A and have badly sprained my ankle so I have crutches. This has annoyed me even more as I now cant go out over the weekend.
Get well soon mate.

My recent annoyance is I've cracked a bone in my knee.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Jimmi   26 Jan 2016, 9:08 pm
(26 Jan 2016, 8:55 pm)S813 FVK wrote Well, i suppose you have a point there but hoe much of an effect does that actually have to the customer given that it only scrolls when it is at either end?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@...otostream/
Think it's only displays the minutes until departure at Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds Bus Station's. In that photo you've linked to there, I think the bus should actually be displaying 'Ripon' like this photo https://flic.kr/p/DmusaL. The displays seem to be changed at Harrogate Bus Station, so from Ripon it should be 'Harrogate then Leeds' where it then be changed to 'Leeds' at Harrogate Bus Station then on the return it should be 'Harrogate then Ripon' where it then gets changed to 'Ripon' at Harrogate Bus Station. No idea why this is done.
Jimmi   28 Jan 2016, 7:23 pm
First TransPennine Express' stupid mobile site.

Went through the booking process and when I got to the end it returned an error. So I have no idea whether it's gone through or taken any of my money although the site is saying I have no tickets. [emoji34]
Jimmi   29 Jan 2016, 3:56 pm
North Road, Darlington.

It amazes how I looked at where service 5 was 5 minutes ago and it was on-time, 5 minutes later it's 17 minutes late! How is that even possible?
BusLoverMum   29 Jan 2016, 4:23 pm
(29 Jan 2016, 3:56 pm)Jimmi wrote North Road, Darlington.

It amazes how I looked at where service 5 was 5 minutes ago and it was on-time, 5 minutes later it's 17 minutes late! How is that even possible?

Maybe the wind opened up a wormhole.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Davie   29 Jan 2016, 4:28 pm
I f###ed my already knakered knee!
BusLoverMum   29 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm
(29 Jan 2016, 4:28 pm)Davie wrote I f###ed my already knakered knee!

Ouch.

My joints simply hate this sort of weather. I'm clicking so much I'm like a walking one man band. My bones ache and I can hardly lift anything.
Davie   29 Jan 2016, 4:32 pm
(29 Jan 2016, 4:30 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Ouch.

My joints simply hate this sort of weather. I'm clicking so much I'm like a walking one man band. My bones ache and I can hardly lift anything.

I hope you are ok soon. I stupidly ran when I've cracked the bone in my knee....
BusLoverMum   29 Jan 2016, 7:33 pm
(29 Jan 2016, 4:32 pm)Davie wrote I hope you are ok soon. I stupidly ran when I've cracked the bone in my knee....

You deserve The Look for doing that.

Unfortunately, I'll never be completely better but I definitely have been better. I think I need to go and take some of the good drugs, now I've had my dinner.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   30 Jan 2016, 6:03 am
Waiting in Newcastle airport for a severely delayed flight to Chambery
omnicity4659   30 Jan 2016, 9:16 am
When you get caught out in the Saturday timetables... Angry
BusLoverMum   30 Jan 2016, 9:19 am
(30 Jan 2016, 6:03 am)NK53 TKT wrote Waiting in Newcastle airport for a severely delayed flight to Chambery

Poor you Wink
Jimmi   30 Jan 2016, 9:21 am
(30 Jan 2016, 9:16 am)GX03 SVC wrote When you get caught out in the Saturday timetables... Angry
We've all done it, at least you're mistake isn't going to leave you stuck in Thirsk for over an hour and a half.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   30 Jan 2016, 4:03 pm
(30 Jan 2016, 9:19 am)BusLoverMum wrote Poor you Wink

I'm in the hotel, my previously fairly inactive flicker account will now have French bus photos
Jimmi   30 Jan 2016, 5:33 pm
Did not enjoy that bus tour I went on today.

Half of the things planned for the day got dropped and we got a pointless 15 minute break for Wetherspoons in Bedlington where we waited about 5 minutes before walking out as no-one got served, then then we got to spend over an hour lingering round the bleeding MetroCentre. I paid £15 for this displeasure, now on the X22 back to Durham.

I'm never doing another one of these trips again! Feel totally conned and felt like I have wasted my money and my day.
Pages (128)    139 40 41128