North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Tom - 07 Mar 2015

13 March 2015 - Seaburn platform 1 lift refurbishment
Refurbishment work will begin 13 March - 23 March, during this time the lift will not be in service. Customers who require the lift to access platform 1 (towards South Hylton) are advised to use the lift to platform 2, travel to East Boldon, change platform and continue their journey. Customers who require the lift to leave platform 1, are advised to continue their journey to St Peter's, change platform and return to Seaburn platform 2 and use the lift. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Is there really any point?

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 07 Mar 2015

Was some disruption earlier according to my mam. Haven't bothered checking the Social Media pages, but she said she was waiting for "ages", and when a train did turn up, there was barely enough room to move on the train.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm)Tom 13 March 2015 - Seaburn platform 1 lift refurbishment
Refurbishment work will begin 13 March - 23 March, during this time the lift will not be in service. Customers who require the lift to access platform 1 (towards South Hylton) are advised to use the lift to platform 2, travel to East Boldon, change platform and continue their journey. Customers who require the lift to leave platform 1, are advised to continue their journey to St Peter's, change platform and return to Seaburn platform 2 and use the lift. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Some people haven't a choice, i.e. wheelchair users.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - S813 FVK - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 9:03 pm)Tom 13 March 2015 - Seaburn platform 1 lift refurbishment
Refurbishment work will begin 13 March - 23 March, during this time the lift will not be in service. Customers who require the lift to access platform 1 (towards South Hylton) are advised to use the lift to platform 2, travel to East Boldon, change platform and continue[Image: arrow-10x10.png] their journey. Customers who require the lift to leave platform 1, are advised to continue their journey to St Peter's, change platform and return to Seaburn platform 2 and use the lift. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

Yes there is a point, id hate to be in a lift when it conks out and being stuck in there for hours whilst they try to fix the problem.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 9:05 pm)aureolin Some people haven't a choice, i.e. wheelchair users.

Don't both sides of Seaburn station have ramp access (similar to Stadium of Light)? I can't recall any steps - but it's been a good few months since I last used that station so I may be mistaken.

(07 Mar 2015, 9:05 pm)aureolin Some people haven't a choice, i.e. wheelchair users.

Aye I know there is nothing wrong with them though. 

(07 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm)Dan Don't both sides of Seaburn station have ramp access (similar to Stadium of Light)? I can't recall any steps - but it's been a good few months since I last used that station so I may be mistaken.

Not sure to be honest. Never used the station for a good 10 years.

(07 Mar 2015, 9:09 pm)Tom Aye I know there is nothing wrong with them though. 

Depends how they look mechanically. They don't half get some use I bet! 

Sorry for not replying to this.
I've been in the lifts at Seaburn and I don't see the problem with them.
They run quite smoothly, but do smell rank which is a problem.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - MrFozz - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm)Robert Yes there is a point, id hate to be in a lift when it conks out and being stuck in there for hours whilst they try to fix the problem.
I was once stuck in a lift in Peterlee, when the present Wilkinsons used to be Asda, was awful as it stunk of piss and smelt like someone had a turd in there...

Also me and my mate got stuck in a lift in the Baltic Art Centre, he was scared of lifts start off with it, Once the thing got moving he was nearly crying as he was not expecting it, he panicked that much to the point that I now dont really like getting in lifts Big Grin

I suppose you're always going to have ups and downs with elevators though.

Tyne and Wear Metro - R852 PRG - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 10:25 pm)aureolin I suppose you're always going to have ups and downs with elevators though.

*Cough* Willy Wonka and the Great Glass Elevator *Cough*

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Jimmi - 07 Mar 2015

(07 Mar 2015, 10:23 pm)MrFozz I was once stuck in a lift in Peterlee, when the present Wilkinsons used to be Asda, was awful as it stunk of piss and smelt like someone had a turd in there...

Also me and my mate got stuck in a lift in the Baltic Art Centre, he was scared of lifts start off with it, Once the thing got moving he was nearly crying as he was not expecting it, he panicked that much to the point that I now dont really like getting in lifts Big Grin

I am also terrified of lifts, can't face going in one so I will always walk up stairs.

I think if I was ever stuck in a lift I would go insane and have a breakdown especially as I wouldn't know what to do in that situation.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - idiot - 08 Mar 2015

The step free ramps are quite steep. Not really suitable for wheelchairs really

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 09 Mar 2015

Michael - don't get the Metro this morning. They're disrupted as usual.

Just been an announcement saying there are delays to service and when the next Metros are due (13 minutes for mine - which seems to be the 0650 train judging by the people on it: 25 mins late!) and two are running in tandem towards South Hylton. Due now and 3 mins respectively at SoL.

EDIT: Another due 2 mins behind the second train going to South Hylton........

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 7:04 am)Dan Michael - don't get the Metro this morning. They're disrupted as usual.

Just been an announcement saying there are delays to service and when the next Metros are due (13 minutes for mine - which seems to be the 0650 train judging by the people on it: 25 mins late!) and two are running in tandem towards South Hylton. Due now and 3 mins respectively at SoL.

EDIT: Another due 2 mins behind the second train going to South Hylton........

Hahaha oh dear!

Good start to the week. 

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - tyresmoke - 09 Mar 2015

Looks like they turned some at Park Lane while there was an issue getting to South Hylton due to a power failure looking at RTT

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - JakeSavage - 09 Mar 2015

Also service suspended between North shields and wallsend due to a failed unit at Hadrian Road.

Sigh...

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2015

(26 Feb 2015, 8:53 am)MrFozz While not quite like the Metro footage, I have seen Bus CCTV footage, the BBC sometimes have a programme about Insurance Scamming and it often includes crash for cash claims against bus companies and uses CCTV to show what happened
Happened a few times IIRC, one was at Brockley Whins about 7 years ago, are Mobility Scooters still banned.

http://youtu.be/LvL-eYzZcxQ

There's a clip of one incident.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 10 Mar 2015

Some minor delays towards South Hylton this morning. Thankfully nothing towards Airport and my train remains unaffected.

And it's warm - happy days!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - omnicity4659 - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 7:02 am)Dan Some minor delays towards South Hylton this morning. Thankfully nothing towards Airport and my train remains unaffected.

And it's warm - happy days!

that actually means major delays  Big Grin