North East Buses
Tyne and Wear Metro - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Tyne and Wear Metro (/showthread.php?tid=68)

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 19 Nov 2015

(19 Nov 2015, 8:55 am)Dan Go North East has provided two vehicles, 3972 and 3973, for the Metro Replacement.

Why 2 surely it only needs 1.

(19 Nov 2015, 8:55 am)Dan Go North East has provided two vehicles, 3972 and 3973, for the Metro Replacement.

Why 2 surely it only needs 1.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Bus_User - 19 Nov 2015

(19 Nov 2015, 7:43 am)DanPicken Who's running this and a few people on Facebook are confused as they don't know if its 1 stop or all around the Coast.

Although it perhaps could be explained better, I think common sence should also apply and that if it was all the way around the coast, not only this would be said but you would also see it explained that people who want to travel between Regent Centre and Airport won't be able to do so. 

Sometimes things are just so obvious, people just can't see it.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 20 Nov 2015

Members of the ""Sort out the Metro"" group is saying power has gone out.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Dan - 20 Nov 2015

(19 Nov 2015, 11:53 pm)Bus_User Although it perhaps could be explained better, I think common sence should also apply and that if it was all the way around the coast, not only this would be said but you would also see it explained that people who want to travel between Regent Centre and Airport won't be able to do so. 

Sometimes things are just so obvious, people just can't see it.

Once again, the message wasn't clear on Social Media.

A simple "St James is closed due to essential maintenance. All trains are terminating at Monument from The Coast, with Metro Replacement service 900 running from Monument to St James" would have done the job.

The announcements on stations weren't too dissimilar to the above, and it was much clearer.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Adrian - 20 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 6:32 pm)Dan Once again, the message wasn't clear on Social Media.

A simple "St James is closed due to essential maintenance. All trains are terminating at Monument from The Coast, with Metro Replacement service 900 running from Monument to St James" would have done the job.

The announcements on stations weren't too dissimilar to the above, and it was much clearer.

I don't understand how they seem to get their communications so wrong. It's one of the big things that the "Sort out the Metro" group are pressing them about.

(20 Nov 2015, 6:39 pm)Adrian I don't understand how they seem to get their communications so wrong. It's one of the big things that the "Sort out the Metro" group are pressing them about.

Me too Adrian, its ridiculous.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 20 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 6:18 pm)Michael Members of the ""Sort out the Metro"" group is saying power has gone out.

I'm part of this and there was apparently delays on the SH line due to a Horse on the line, also St James is shut for refurb apparently not the essential maintence advertised, personally think the lift has gone so there's no disabled access.

(20 Nov 2015, 7:45 pm)DanPicken I'm part of this and there was apparently delays on the SH line due to a Horse on the line, also St James is shut for refurb apparently not the essential maintence advertised, personally think the lift has gone so there's no disabled access.

Neighhhh way!

(20 Nov 2015, 7:48 pm)Michael Neighhhh way!

On the Mane line!

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Bus_User - 20 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 7:45 pm)DanPicken I'm part of this and there was apparently delays on the SH line due to a Horse on the line, also St James is shut for refurb apparently not the essential maintence advertised, personally think the lift has gone so there's no disabled access.

Its definately not being refurbished that is for sure and if one lift is out of order then common sence would be to stop every train onto the opposite platform.

I agree the message on social media was not the best but I don't think it was that difficult to understand either, especially if your local.

(20 Nov 2015, 8:52 pm)Bus_User Its definately not being refurbished that is for sure and if one lift is out of order then common sence would be to stop every train onto the opposite platform.

I agree the message on social media was not the best but I don't think it was that difficult to understand either, especially if your local.

Now being said the Asbestos has spread from tunnel to Station.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - NK53 TKT - 21 Nov 2015

(20 Nov 2015, 9:05 pm)DanPicken Now being said the Asbestos has spread from tunnel to Station.

So it was shut because of Asbestos

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - citaro5284 - 21 Nov 2015

Mind I cannot believe the tweet Metro put out earlier...football matches up here must be rare.

Tyne and Wear Metro ‏@My_Metro  1h1 hour ago
Delays to the service due to passenger loadings due to  the Football Match

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - DanPicken - 21 Nov 2015

(21 Nov 2015, 7:42 pm)citaro5284 Mind I cannot believe the tweet Metro put out earlier...

Tyne and Wear Metro ‏@My_Metro  1h1 hour ago
Delays to the service due to passenger loadings due to  the Football Match

It's Monument the queue was up the Stairs to the Gates because St.James is shut.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 23 Nov 2015

Metro has updated their fleet this morning... to horses again....

Sort out the Metro (official)

Horse on the track at brockley whins Sunderland to Newcastle

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Diamond One - 23 Nov 2015

(23 Nov 2015, 10:11 am)Michael Metro has updated their fleet this morning... to horses again....

Sort out the Metro (official)

Horse on the track at brockley whins Sunderland to Newcastle

Oh oh he comes my recurring joke again there is neigh way am moving now

(23 Nov 2015, 10:27 am)Diamond One Oh oh he comes my recurring joke again there is neigh way am moving now

This is neigh laughing matter.

There are no trains running between St James and Chillingham Road in both directions, this is due to obstruction on the line. We will update you once we have more information.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 24 Nov 2015

41 mins ago:

A train has been withdrawn from service at Airport. Due to this we have a gap in the service of up to 15 mins to trains running between Airport and South Hylton. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Great..... think i'll get the Northern train this morning.

RE: Tyne and Wear Metro - Michael - 24 Nov 2015

(24 Nov 2015, 7:38 am)Michael 41 mins ago:

A train has been withdrawn from service at Airport. Due to this we have a gap in the service of up to 15 mins to trains running between Airport and South Hylton. Please leave extra time for your journey if you're travelling in the area.

Great..... think i'll get the Northern train this morning.

Sort the metro Facebook group are reporting the metro on the coast is also running 15 minutes late.