North East Buses
Compass Community Transport - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Tyne & Wear Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+---- Thread: Compass Community Transport (/showthread.php?tid=81)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 09 Sep 2015

(09 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm)Michael Anyone know what the passengers are like on the 8X in Sunderland on a Evening/Sunday?

Do you think it should be extended to the City Centre?

Usually dead.

The Metro provides the link to the City Centre.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Michael - 09 Sep 2015

(09 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm)Dan Usually dead.

The Metro provides the link to the City Centre.

=(, was going to suggest Stagecoach should trail the route on a night and Sunday... but if the Metro is doing better.. than never mind! haha

RE: Compass Community Transport - Dan - 09 Sep 2015

(09 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm)Michael =(, was going to suggest Stagecoach should trail the route on a night and Sunday... but if the Metro is doing better.. than never mind! haha

Metro is also dead at night on the City Centre - South Hylton stretch, and very few use it on a Sunday daytime (from my - admittedly somewhat limited - experience).

RE: Compass Community Transport - omnicity4659 - 09 Sep 2015

(09 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm)Dan Metro is also dead at night on the City Centre - South Hylton stretch, and very few use it on a Sunday daytime (from my - admittedly somewhat limited - experience).

Also during the Mon-Fri daytime too.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Michael - 01 Dec 2015

PB1074031/15 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hamsterley Mill, Longclose and Highfield, St Joseph's RC School given service number 836 effective from 07-Dec-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Compass Community Transport - Andreos1 - 01 Dec 2015

(01 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm)Michael PB1074031/15 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hamsterley Mill, Longclose and Highfield, St Joseph's RC School given service number 836 effective from 07-Dec-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Have they got any other work over that way or an outstation of some sort?
That's a canny hike for them, if it is standalone and working light from Sunderland ot

RE: Compass Community Transport - Charles41 - 02 Dec 2015

(01 Dec 2015, 6:43 pm)Andreos1 Have they got any other work over that way or an outstation of some sort?
That's a canny hike for them, if it is standalone and working light from Sunderland ot

They have a contract to take physically disabled persons to Gateshead Leisure Centre I believe. They do not have any outstations to the best of my knowledge.

Charles

RE: Compass Community Transport - biglugs@yahoo.com - 31 Jan 2016

(02 Dec 2015, 12:54 pm)Charles41 They have a contract to take physically disabled persons to Gateshead Leisure Centre I believe. They do not have any outstations to the best of my knowledge.

Charles

Sf56dny runs this scholars contract before doing the 939 to sunderland.

RE: Compass Community Transport - GuyParkRoyal - 01 Feb 2016

(31 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Sf56dny runs this scholars contract before doing the 939 to sunderland.

Are you sure?
They should do the scholars contract then a 939 from TVTE to Concord, return to TVTE (NIS) with the board ending with a 939 to Sunderland.

RE: Compass Community Transport - biglugs@yahoo.com - 01 Feb 2016

(01 Feb 2016, 8:55 am)GuyParkRoyal Are you sure?
They should do the scholars contract then a 939 from TVTE to Concord, return to TVTE (NIS) with the board ending with a 939 to Sunderland.

Yes your correct that's the pattern

RE: Compass Community Transport - biglugs@yahoo.com - 28 Mar 2016

Traveled on the 8x and the driver said they were bidding for a new sunderland service ran by stagecoach now i couldnt talk anymore as i then alighted but does any one know which service?

RE: Compass Community Transport - Michael - 28 Mar 2016

(28 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com Traveled on the 8x and the driver said they were bidding for a new sunderland service ran by stagecoach now i couldnt talk anymore as i then alighted but does any one know which service?

It could be the new 77/77A, Park Lane to Docks - Monday-Saturday day time service?

Stagecoach will still run it on an evening and Sunday. 

Edit: More info here about the 77/77A: http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=848&page=44

(28 Mar 2016, 12:48 pm)Michael It could be the new 77/77A, Park Lane to Docks - Monday-Saturday day time service?

Stagecoach will still run it on an evening and Sunday. 

Edit: More info here about the 77/77A: http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=848&page=44

The vehicle on this could run onto the 8x

(28 Mar 2016, 3:26 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com The vehicle on this could run onto the 8x

Not sure, but i can guarantee it won't make a profit.

Wonder which stand in Park Lane the 77/77A will leave from... it could be stand H, as the 73 is the only service which leaves from that stand, and is also hourly.

Not sure on what time the 77/77A will leave from Park Lane.

(28 Mar 2016, 3:31 pm)Michael Not sure, but i can guarantee it won't make a profit.

Wonder which stand in Park Lane the 77/77A will leave from... it could be stand H, as the 73 is the only service which leaves from that stand, and is also hourly.

Not sure on what time the 77/77A will leave from Park Lane.

The old 42 stop I'd say as the staff shuttle only stops there

(28 Mar 2016, 3:42 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com The old 42 stop I'd say as the staff shuttle only stops there

Could be, i forgot about stand F not getting used anymore, there would be lay off to i would imagine.

Currently it only takes around 14 minutes from Vine Place to the Docks... with the 77/77A starting from Park Lane, time will be added, which will probables be around 3 minutes (due to traffic etc) so a full run to and from the docks should take around 50 minutes, due to extra running time etc, leaving time for lay over at Park Lane - PVR will be 1, as we know.

I think I've worked it out right.

(28 Mar 2016, 4:52 pm)Michael Could be, i forgot about stand F not getting used anymore, there would be lay off to i would imagine.

Currently it only takes around 14 minutes from Vine Place to the Docks... with the 77/77A starting from Park Lane, time will be added, which will probables be around 3 minutes (due to traffic etc) so a full run to and from the docks should take around 50 minutes, due to extra running time etc, leaving time for lay over at Park Lane - PVR will be 1, as we know.

I think I've worked it out right.

If compass do get this would a bluebird be suitable

(28 Mar 2016, 5:23 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com If compass do get this would a bluebird be suitable

It's commercial so anything could be used. 

Only one journey is secured 77 service:

Monday - Saturday: departing Park Lane Interchange at 18:16, and arriving back at 18:43. The remaining journeys will be numbered as 77A, and all bar two journeys will operate the full circular route from Gilley Law.  - info from Dan's post: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=848&page=44

I'm glad Stagecoach will continue to run the Evening and Sunday journeys, along with having a new numbers in my area...

(28 Mar 2016, 5:29 pm)Michael It's commercial so anything could be used. 

Only one journey is secured 77 service:

Monday - Saturday: departing Park Lane Interchange at 18:16, and arriving back at 18:43. The remaining journeys will be numbered as 77A, and all bar two journeys will operate the full circular route from Gilley Law.  - info from Dan's post: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=848&page=44

I'm glad Stagecoach will continue to run the Evening and Sunday journeys, along with having a new numbers in my area...

So what does doxford park do

(28 Mar 2016, 5:35 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com So what does doxford park do

Not sure what you mean?