You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

RE: Compass Community Transport
New 8X timetable: http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/fi...060915.pdf

Took me a while to see what the changes were but:

New journeys from Pennywell to South Hylton Golden Lion Monday to Friday are at 18:45pm, 21:21pm
New journeys from Pennywell to South Hylton Golden Lion on Saturday: 21:21pm
Sundays remain the same.
------------------------

New Journeys from South Hylton Golden Lion to Pennywell:

Monday - Saturday - 1907 journey now starts at the Golden Lion instead of Claxheugh Road.
Sundays remain the same
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(01 Sep 2015, 6:44 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote First day on the new 939 evening contract for CCT and they send a van type bus with some paper in the window for a destination display.

The 17:35 from Concord to Sunderland service did not show up until 17:45.

That service has been downgraded with each and every new tender that has gone out.

What happened to the days in which Go North East and Stanley Travel had the majority (if not all) of the runs on this service and it was actually allocated buses rather than small minibuses? Pretty sure more and more customers are lost at the same time too...

Pretty sure that's a new arrival though - must have been bought in exchange for the Cadets.
Already a complaint on the GNE Facebook page: ''Any news on the 939 being late, heading Sunderland way from team valley North. Been here since just after 5''
Site Administrator
(01 Sep 2015, 8:47 pm)Tom wrote Already a complaint on the GNE Facebook page: ''Any news on the 939 being late, heading Sunderland way from team valley North. Been here since just after 5''

Go North East only operates the 0610am 939 from Concord to TVTE now if I remember rightly - with a Nexus Solo..? Pretty sure they lost the 0640 and 1705ish departures which were their only other two.

Pointless complaining to Go North East if they no longer operate the service! The downside to tendered work and contracted services, eh?
Think GNE need to know what they run etc, it doesn't help that they haven't said which time they're running the service...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Sep 2015, 6:50 pm)Dan wrote That service has been downgraded with each and every new tender that has gone out.

What happened to the days in which Go North East and Stanley Travel had the majority (if not all) of the runs on this service and it was actually allocated buses rather than small minibuses? Pretty sure more and more customers are lost at the same time too...

Pretty sure that's a new arrival though - must have been bought in exchange for the Cadets.

Nexus cost cutting is what it is... Why pay for a bus when you can get a minibus for £cheaper!
The Cadets were sold to Diagtest as far as I know, and have recently been exported to Cyprus along with John's one from Stagecarriage

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

(01 Sep 2015, 9:44 pm)tyresmoke wrote Nexus cost cutting is what it is... Why pay for a bus when you can get a minibus for £cheaper!
The Cadets were sold to Diagtest as far as I know, and have recently been exported to Cyprus along with John's one from Stagecarriage
Though they haven't a lot of choice in reality. This is where the 'most economically advantageous tender' rules don't work in my opinion.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Anyone know what the passengers are like on the 8X in Sunderland on a Evening/Sunday?

Do you think it should be extended to the City Centre?
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm)Michael wrote Anyone know what the passengers are like on the 8X in Sunderland on a Evening/Sunday?

Do you think it should be extended to the City Centre?

Usually dead.

The Metro provides the link to the City Centre.
(09 Sep 2015, 4:38 pm)Dan wrote Usually dead.

The Metro provides the link to the City Centre.

=(, was going to suggest Stagecoach should trail the route on a night and Sunday... but if the Metro is doing better.. than never mind! haha
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Site Administrator
(09 Sep 2015, 4:40 pm)Michael wrote =(, was going to suggest Stagecoach should trail the route on a night and Sunday... but if the Metro is doing better.. than never mind! haha

Metro is also dead at night on the City Centre - South Hylton stretch, and very few use it on a Sunday daytime (from my - admittedly somewhat limited - experience).
(09 Sep 2015, 4:41 pm)Dan wrote Metro is also dead at night on the City Centre - South Hylton stretch, and very few use it on a Sunday daytime (from my - admittedly somewhat limited - experience).

Also during the Mon-Fri daytime too.
PB1074031/15 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hamsterley Mill, Longclose and Highfield, St Joseph's RC School given service number 836 effective from 07-Dec-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(01 Dec 2015, 5:53 pm)Michael wrote PB1074031/15 - COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT LTD T/A COMPASS COMMUNITY TRANSPORT, UNITS 11 - 12, SANDMERE ROAD, LEECHMERE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, SUNDERLAND, SR2 9TP
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Hamsterley Mill, Longclose and Highfield, St Joseph's RC School given service number 836 effective from 07-Dec-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

Have they got any other work over that way or an outstation of some sort?
That's a canny hike for them, if it is standalone and working light from Sunderland ot
(01 Dec 2015, 6:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote Have they got any other work over that way or an outstation of some sort?
That's a canny hike for them, if it is standalone and working light from Sunderland ot

They have a contract to take physically disabled persons to Gateshead Leisure Centre I believe. They do not have any outstations to the best of my knowledge.

Charles
(02 Dec 2015, 12:54 pm)Charles41 wrote They have a contract to take physically disabled persons to Gateshead Leisure Centre I believe. They do not have any outstations to the best of my knowledge.

Charles

Sf56dny runs this scholars contract before doing the 939 to sunderland.
Best bus ever
(31 Jan 2016, 5:00 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Sf56dny runs this scholars contract before doing the 939 to sunderland.

Are you sure?
They should do the scholars contract then a 939 from TVTE to Concord, return to TVTE (NIS) with the board ending with a 939 to Sunderland.
(01 Feb 2016, 8:55 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote Are you sure?
They should do the scholars contract then a 939 from TVTE to Concord, return to TVTE (NIS) with the board ending with a 939 to Sunderland.

Yes your correct that's the pattern
Best bus ever
(28 Mar 2016, 12:45 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Traveled on the 8x and the driver said they were bidding for a new sunderland service ran by stagecoach now i couldnt talk anymore as i then alighted but does any one know which service?

It could be the new 77/77A, Park Lane to Docks - Monday-Saturday day time service?

Stagecoach will still run it on an evening and Sunday. 

Edit: More info here about the 77/77A: http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/sh...hp?tid=848&page=44
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Mar 2016, 12:48 pm)Michael wrote It could be the new 77/77A, Park Lane to Docks - Monday-Saturday day time service?

Stagecoach will still run it on an evening and Sunday. 

Edit: More info here about the 77/77A: http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/sh...hp?tid=848&page=44

The vehicle on this could run onto the 8x
Best bus ever
(28 Mar 2016, 3:26 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote The vehicle on this could run onto the 8x

Not sure, but i can guarantee it won't make a profit.

Wonder which stand in Park Lane the 77/77A will leave from... it could be stand H, as the 73 is the only service which leaves from that stand, and is also hourly.

Not sure on what time the 77/77A will leave from Park Lane.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Mar 2016, 3:31 pm)Michael wrote Not sure, but i can guarantee it won't make a profit.

Wonder which stand in Park Lane the 77/77A will leave from... it could be stand H, as the 73 is the only service which leaves from that stand, and is also hourly.

Not sure on what time the 77/77A will leave from Park Lane.

The old 42 stop I'd say as the staff shuttle only stops there
Best bus ever
(28 Mar 2016, 3:42 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote The old 42 stop I'd say as the staff shuttle only stops there

Could be, i forgot about stand F not getting used anymore, there would be lay off to i would imagine.

Currently it only takes around 14 minutes from Vine Place to the Docks... with the 77/77A starting from Park Lane, time will be added, which will probables be around 3 minutes (due to traffic etc) so a full run to and from the docks should take around 50 minutes, due to extra running time etc, leaving time for lay over at Park Lane - PVR will be 1, as we know.

I think I've worked it out right.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Mar 2016, 4:52 pm)Michael wrote Could be, i forgot about stand F not getting used anymore, there would be lay off to i would imagine.

Currently it only takes around 14 minutes from Vine Place to the Docks... with the 77/77A starting from Park Lane, time will be added, which will probables be around 3 minutes (due to traffic etc) so a full run to and from the docks should take around 50 minutes, due to extra running time etc, leaving time for lay over at Park Lane - PVR will be 1, as we know.

I think I've worked it out right.

If compass do get this would a bluebird be suitable
Best bus ever
(28 Mar 2016, 5:23 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote If compass do get this would a bluebird be suitable

It's commercial so anything could be used. 

Only one journey is secured 77 service:

Monday - Saturday: departing Park Lane Interchange at 18:16, and arriving back at 18:43. The remaining journeys will be numbered as 77A, and all bar two journeys will operate the full circular route from Gilley Law.  - info from Dan's post: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=848&page=44

I'm glad Stagecoach will continue to run the Evening and Sunday journeys, along with having a new numbers in my area...
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(28 Mar 2016, 5:29 pm)Michael wrote It's commercial so anything could be used. 

Only one journey is secured 77 service:

Monday - Saturday: departing Park Lane Interchange at 18:16, and arriving back at 18:43. The remaining journeys will be numbered as 77A, and all bar two journeys will operate the full circular route from Gilley Law.  - info from Dan's post: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...hp?tid=848&page=44

I'm glad Stagecoach will continue to run the Evening and Sunday journeys, along with having a new numbers in my area...

So what does doxford park do
Best bus ever