Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team)

• 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (143): Previous 148 49 50143 Next
Poll: best team in the north east
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

sunderland
50.00%
Votes 9
newcastle
33.33%
Votes 6
middlesbourgh
0%
Votes 0
hartlepool
0%
Votes 0
gateshead
5.56%
Votes 1
south shields
5.56%
Votes 1
jarrow & boldon roofing
5.56%
Votes 1
other
0%
Votes 0

Total 18 vote(s) 100%
MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
20 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm
(20 Jul 2014, 9:59 am)AdamY It wasn't Darlington's performance that made it painful!

Despite winning 5-1 Sunderland's performance wasn't exactly inspiring - even in highlight form!

I was not expecting a masterclass of any kind from a PSF...The fact we are 7 divisions apart meant we were never really going to get out the starting blocks...From the commentary I was listening to, we did not disgrace ourselves
MrFozz
20 Jul 2014, 12:06 pm #961

(20 Jul 2014, 9:59 am)AdamY It wasn't Darlington's performance that made it painful!

Despite winning 5-1 Sunderland's performance wasn't exactly inspiring - even in highlight form!

I was not expecting a masterclass of any kind from a PSF...The fact we are 7 divisions apart meant we were never really going to get out the starting blocks...From the commentary I was listening to, we did not disgrace ourselves

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
23 Jul 2014, 2:10 pm
I know we already have a football thread already, I am creating this to discuss the 2014-15 season.

As my poll says who do you think will do the best of the North East Teams...

Discuss the 14-15 season here

I personally think on playing record this season, it will be between Darlington and Spennymoor
MrFozz
23 Jul 2014, 2:10 pm #962

I know we already have a football thread already, I am creating this to discuss the 2014-15 season.

As my poll says who do you think will do the best of the North East Teams...

Discuss the 14-15 season here

I personally think on playing record this season, it will be between Darlington and Spennymoor

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
23 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm
Also your thoughts and predictions for the following:-

Premier Legue
Championship
League 1
League 2
Conference
FA Cup
League Cup
Champions League
Europe League

My Predictions are...
Chelsea
Nottingham Forest
Sheffield United
Bury
Brizzle Rovers
Liverpool
Man Utd
Bayern Munich
Inter Milan
MrFozz
23 Jul 2014, 2:25 pm #963

Also your thoughts and predictions for the following:-

Premier Legue
Championship
League 1
League 2
Conference
FA Cup
League Cup
Champions League
Europe League

My Predictions are...
Chelsea
Nottingham Forest
Sheffield United
Bury
Brizzle Rovers
Liverpool
Man Utd
Bayern Munich
Inter Milan

23 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm
We all know Hartlepool United will get promoted this season while Middlesbrough and Newcastle will swap places and Sunderland will just stay up
col87
23 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm #964

We all know Hartlepool United will get promoted this season while Middlesbrough and Newcastle will swap places and Sunderland will just stay up

23 Jul 2014, 3:25 pm
Premier League - Man City
Championship - Derby County
League 1 - Sheffield United
League 2 - Plymouth Argyle
Conference - Kidderminster Harriers
FA Cup - Chelsea
League Cup - Man u
Champions League - Real Madrid
Europe League - Wolfsburg

The Europa league is still a hard to choose as they still don't have the full qualified teams so iv'e payed it save and gone for a team already in the group stages Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jul 2014, 3:25 pm #965

Premier League - Man City
Championship - Derby County
League 1 - Sheffield United
League 2 - Plymouth Argyle
Conference - Kidderminster Harriers
FA Cup - Chelsea
League Cup - Man u
Champions League - Real Madrid
Europe League - Wolfsburg

The Europa league is still a hard to choose as they still don't have the full qualified teams so iv'e payed it save and gone for a team already in the group stages Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
23 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm
(23 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm)col87 We all know Hartlepool United will get promoted this season while Middlesbrough and Newcastle will swap places and Sunderland will just stay up

The words bare my Arse in Binns window comes to mind, Hartlepool were quite lucky to stay up...

The next few years will see what Hartlepool is made of, and if I was a fan I would be worried at the thought IOR may decide they have had enough and pull the plug...As a Darlington fan, I hate Hartlepool, but if it went to shit at 'Pools I would not wish what happened to us on any club, even Hartlepool...
MrFozz
23 Jul 2014, 4:17 pm #966

(23 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm)col87 We all know Hartlepool United will get promoted this season while Middlesbrough and Newcastle will swap places and Sunderland will just stay up

The words bare my Arse in Binns window comes to mind, Hartlepool were quite lucky to stay up...

The next few years will see what Hartlepool is made of, and if I was a fan I would be worried at the thought IOR may decide they have had enough and pull the plug...As a Darlington fan, I hate Hartlepool, but if it went to shit at 'Pools I would not wish what happened to us on any club, even Hartlepool...

23 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm
Based upon activity in the transfer market I think Arsenal could be serious title contenders this time around. I think Liverpool will do reasonably well in Europe but will finish around 4th or 5th in the table. I also think Man United will improve on their position and performances last season and qualify for Europe once again.

I can't see Middlesbrough and Newcastle swapping places. That seems rather laughable actually.
MurdnunoC
23 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm #967

Based upon activity in the transfer market I think Arsenal could be serious title contenders this time around. I think Liverpool will do reasonably well in Europe but will finish around 4th or 5th in the table. I also think Man United will improve on their position and performances last season and qualify for Europe once again.

I can't see Middlesbrough and Newcastle swapping places. That seems rather laughable actually.

23 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm
(23 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm)AdamY Based upon activity in the transfer market I think Arsenal could be serious title contenders this time around. I think Liverpool will do reasonably well in Europe but will finish around 4th or 5th in the table. I also think Man United will improve on their position and performances last season and qualify for Europe once again.

Never know, it is the premier league! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm #968

(23 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm)AdamY Based upon activity in the transfer market I think Arsenal could be serious title contenders this time around. I think Liverpool will do reasonably well in Europe but will finish around 4th or 5th in the table. I also think Man United will improve on their position and performances last season and qualify for Europe once again.

Never know, it is the premier league! Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
23 Jul 2014, 6:59 pm

^^^^^What Mr Young says...

I agree about Man Utd, they were given some wake up call last season and this year they may be quite dangerous, Van Gaal is a top notch manager, is old school, probably not as dictatorial as Sir Alex Ferguson, he won't take shit from nobody.

As for Arsenal, not sure who they bought apart from Alexis Sanchez, I am not sure about winning the league, people said the same when Mesut Özil signed last, I reckon the league will be a 3 horse race with Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd, with Arsenal and Liverpool fighting for the final Champions League Spot.

I don't think Newcastle will go down, nor Sunderland, so the idea of Middlesbrough leapfrogging Newcastle is probably not going to happen, but never say never, think of 2009. I think both Newcastle and Sunderland will finish below mid table about 13th/14th

(23 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm)Michael Never know, it is the premier league! Tongue

Yep, it is nobody is too big to down, 2009 must still be fresh in the minds of Newcastle fans...

As for the other North East teams, Hartlepool will struggle, Carlisle should be okay, I would like to think Gateshead can win the Skill Premier, but I think Brizzle Rovers will have something to say about that, but Gateshead should do ok, they have an excellent manager in Gary Mills.

For the lower reaches of the non-League system, I reckon Darlington and Spennymoor will fight it out at the top of the Evo-Stik Division One North, Celtic Nation, Shildon, West Auckland will be there or there abouts in the Northern League
MrFozz
23 Jul 2014, 6:59 pm #969

^^^^^What Mr Young says...

I agree about Man Utd, they were given some wake up call last season and this year they may be quite dangerous, Van Gaal is a top notch manager, is old school, probably not as dictatorial as Sir Alex Ferguson, he won't take shit from nobody.

As for Arsenal, not sure who they bought apart from Alexis Sanchez, I am not sure about winning the league, people said the same when Mesut Özil signed last, I reckon the league will be a 3 horse race with Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd, with Arsenal and Liverpool fighting for the final Champions League Spot.

I don't think Newcastle will go down, nor Sunderland, so the idea of Middlesbrough leapfrogging Newcastle is probably not going to happen, but never say never, think of 2009. I think both Newcastle and Sunderland will finish below mid table about 13th/14th

(23 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm)Michael Never know, it is the premier league! Tongue

Yep, it is nobody is too big to down, 2009 must still be fresh in the minds of Newcastle fans...

As for the other North East teams, Hartlepool will struggle, Carlisle should be okay, I would like to think Gateshead can win the Skill Premier, but I think Brizzle Rovers will have something to say about that, but Gateshead should do ok, they have an excellent manager in Gary Mills.

For the lower reaches of the non-League system, I reckon Darlington and Spennymoor will fight it out at the top of the Evo-Stik Division One North, Celtic Nation, Shildon, West Auckland will be there or there abouts in the Northern League

23 Jul 2014, 7:15 pm
Genuinely have no idea.
Obviously the close season wheeling and dealing hasn't finished, with pre-season just starting.

It may be one or two teams clinch a signing that could change our thinking.

As for the most successful team - what would be classed as successful?
Obviously each team has it's own goals and aspirations that differ from others.

Touching on Gateshead - I am worried not all of the players Mills has brought in, are up to the standard needed to gain promotion.

Still have no idea why Magnay went.
The fact he has ended up at Grimsby, shows how he is highly regarded elsewhere.

The experience that Lester brought in on signing in January, would have been invaluable.
There isn't anyone of his ilk, to have signed.

Although Shaw has goals in him, Lewis Guy and the other striker - haven't really done it at a higher level in the several hundred games they have between them.

Rodman did impress me in the two games against Grimsby, so hopefully he can show his class.

Newcastle - they have signed a lot of players. Just hope it doesn't end in disaster. It could take them a while to settle in and Man City are first game up.

Sunderland - Are their purchases Premier League class?
Time will tell.

Boro - goodness knows...

Hartlepool - last season was a mixed bag and Hignett leaving led to a downturn in results. From pushing a Play Off Spot in early Feb, results tailed off and relegation was a possibility until the end of the season. I don't know much about their new signings, but they will miss Monkhouse and Barmby.
Luke James looks a decent player and can hopefully bag a few goals.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Jul 2014, 7:15 pm #970

Genuinely have no idea.
Obviously the close season wheeling and dealing hasn't finished, with pre-season just starting.

It may be one or two teams clinch a signing that could change our thinking.

As for the most successful team - what would be classed as successful?
Obviously each team has it's own goals and aspirations that differ from others.

Touching on Gateshead - I am worried not all of the players Mills has brought in, are up to the standard needed to gain promotion.

Still have no idea why Magnay went.
The fact he has ended up at Grimsby, shows how he is highly regarded elsewhere.

The experience that Lester brought in on signing in January, would have been invaluable.
There isn't anyone of his ilk, to have signed.

Although Shaw has goals in him, Lewis Guy and the other striker - haven't really done it at a higher level in the several hundred games they have between them.

Rodman did impress me in the two games against Grimsby, so hopefully he can show his class.

Newcastle - they have signed a lot of players. Just hope it doesn't end in disaster. It could take them a while to settle in and Man City are first game up.

Sunderland - Are their purchases Premier League class?
Time will tell.

Boro - goodness knows...

Hartlepool - last season was a mixed bag and Hignett leaving led to a downturn in results. From pushing a Play Off Spot in early Feb, results tailed off and relegation was a possibility until the end of the season. I don't know much about their new signings, but they will miss Monkhouse and Barmby.
Luke James looks a decent player and can hopefully bag a few goals.

24 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm
http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local...-1-6748016

Can any of our Sunderland supporting friends hold their hands up to this?

Andreos1
24 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm #971

http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local...-1-6748016

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
24 Jul 2014, 4:29 pm
(24 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local...-1-6748016

Lobbing his Johnson out, what a clown I like the comment in reply...

Quote:The size of it as well, it would have been better off tucked away. Literally nothing to be proud of!!!!!!!

Hahaha
MrFozz
24 Jul 2014, 4:29 pm #972

(24 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local...-1-6748016

Lobbing his Johnson out, what a clown I like the comment in reply...

Quote:The size of it as well, it would have been better off tucked away. Literally nothing to be proud of!!!!!!!

Hahaha

25 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm
Sunderland have completed the signing of left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea.

Left-back becomes fourth summer signing.

The Dutch international has joined the Black Cats on a four-year deal, for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old gained Champions League experience while with the Blues and has spent the last two seasons on loan with Dutch side Vitesse, where he also played in the UEFA Europa League.
Capped twice by his country at senior level so far, he was named in Louis van Gaal’s 30-man provisional squad ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

The player becomes the Black Cats’ fourth summer signing, following the arrivals of Billy Jones, Costel Pantilimon and Jordi Gomez.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
25 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm #973

Sunderland have completed the signing of left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea.

The Dutch international has joined the Black Cats on a four-year deal, for an undisclosed fee.

The 23-year-old gained Champions League experience while with the Blues and has spent the last two seasons on loan with Dutch side Vitesse, where he also played in the UEFA Europa League.
Capped twice by his country at senior level so far, he was named in Louis van Gaal’s 30-man provisional squad ahead of the 2014 FIFA World Cup.

The player becomes the Black Cats’ fourth summer signing, following the arrivals of Billy Jones, Costel Pantilimon and Jordi Gomez.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

25 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm
(25 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm)Michael Sunderland have completed the signing of left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea.

He seemed average when he was at loan at Newcastle in the Championship.
Granted it was a few years back, so he may have developed a bit.

Andreos1
25 Jul 2014, 7:07 pm #974

(25 Jul 2014, 6:52 pm)Michael Sunderland have completed the signing of left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea.

He seemed average when he was at loan at Newcastle in the Championship.
Granted it was a few years back, so he may have developed a bit.

25 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm
http://www.3news.co.nz/Video-live-update...fault.aspx

Just incase people haven't seen the goals or Pardew and Collocini laying the wreaths.

Andreos1
25 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm #975

http://www.3news.co.nz/Video-live-update...fault.aspx

Just incase people haven't seen the goals or Pardew and Collocini laying the wreaths.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
26 Jul 2014, 1:35 am
(25 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://www.3news.co.nz/Video-live-update...fault.aspx

Touch of class...Good result for Newcastle as well
MrFozz
26 Jul 2014, 1:35 am #976

(25 Jul 2014, 10:07 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://www.3news.co.nz/Video-live-update...fault.aspx

Touch of class...Good result for Newcastle as well

26 Jul 2014, 7:10 am
(26 Jul 2014, 1:35 am)marxistafozzski Touch of class...Good result for Newcastle as well

Sydney looked a poor team.
No wonder Del Piero was keen to move on... :rolleye:

Final whistle hasn't long gone in the other two games.
Newcastle beat Wellington 1-0 and West Ham were beat off Sydney.
Dunno if there is a trophy to collect like.

Andreos1
26 Jul 2014, 7:10 am #977

(26 Jul 2014, 1:35 am)marxistafozzski Touch of class...Good result for Newcastle as well

Sydney looked a poor team.

MrFozz
Marxista Fozzski
26 Jul 2014, 8:04 am
(26 Jul 2014, 7:10 am)Andreos Constantopolous Sydney looked a poor team.

How old is he, he must somewhere close to 98 now Big Grin
MrFozz
26 Jul 2014, 8:04 am #978

(26 Jul 2014, 7:10 am)Andreos Constantopolous Sydney looked a poor team.

How old is he, he must somewhere close to 98 now Big Grin

31 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm
Someone put this on twitter earlier.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vFOV1vlN7f8&feature=youtu.be

Can remember the game like yesterday - how we weren't 6-1 down at half time is anyone's guess and we were sh!te, but I was convinced that we would turn a poor start around.

I was wrong and we got relegated.

Andreos1
31 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm #979

Someone put this on twitter earlier.

Can remember the game like yesterday - how we weren't 6-1 down at half time is anyone's guess and we were sh!te, but I was convinced that we would turn a poor start around.

01 Aug 2014, 11:17 am
(31 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Someone put this on twitter earlier.

I used to love that Liverpool side. Aldridge, Rush, Barnes and Beardsley - what a team!
MurdnunoC
01 Aug 2014, 11:17 am #980

(31 Jul 2014, 10:44 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Someone put this on twitter earlier.

I used to love that Liverpool side. Aldridge, Rush, Barnes and Beardsley - what a team!

Pages (143): Previous 148 49 50143 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 2
Views 1886
11 Oct 2019, 10:11 am
Last Post by Andreos1
Replies 71
Views 29712
27 May 2019, 7:20 pm
Last Post by Adrian
Replies 188