Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2015

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (51) Previous 127 28 2951 Next
16 Oct 2015, 7:53 am #541
There is a comment by Go North East in reply to someone complaining about the changes to the 43/44 and when asked about the double decker buses on service 6 if they are new buses or not

"They will be cascaded vehicles, but they will be newer than the vehicles they are replacing"

Am i right in thinking the Omnideckkas are moving to the 6 to interwork with the X70/X71 .... 

Also they have the Stanley Changes guide print outs on the X31 this morning, a box of them actually, hopefully people will bother to read them.
WestDurhamSwift
16 Oct 2015, 7:53 am #541

There is a comment by Go North East in reply to someone complaining about the changes to the 43/44 and when asked about the double decker buses on service 6 if they are new buses or not

"They will be cascaded vehicles, but they will be newer than the vehicles they are replacing"

Am i right in thinking the Omnideckkas are moving to the 6 to interwork with the X70/X71 .... 

Also they have the Stanley Changes guide print outs on the X31 this morning, a box of them actually, hopefully people will bother to read them.

Michael

16 Oct 2015, 8:08 am #542
(16 Oct 2015, 7:53 am)Arcticrossy92 There is a comment by Go North East in reply to someone complaining about the changes to the 43/44 and when asked about the double decker buses on service 6 if they are new buses or not

Yes they are moving on to the 6 so they can interwork with the X70/X71

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Oct 2015, 8:08 am #542

(16 Oct 2015, 7:53 am)Arcticrossy92 There is a comment by Go North East in reply to someone complaining about the changes to the 43/44 and when asked about the double decker buses on service 6 if they are new buses or not

Yes they are moving on to the 6 so they can interwork with the X70/X71

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

JP6004

16 Oct 2015, 8:43 am #543
Due to the delay in extending the Npower car park, the Chilton shuttle bus will operate until at least spring next year
JP6004
16 Oct 2015, 8:43 am #543

Due to the delay in extending the Npower car park, the Chilton shuttle bus will operate until at least spring next year

Jimmi

16 Oct 2015, 9:25 am #544

Curious about this, they are saying that the buses for the 6 will be newer than the vehicles they are replacing, but the Omnideckkas are older than the Citaro's currently used on Diamond's. Just totally throwing it out there but I think either the people who run the GNE Facebook page have either been fed false information or there may actually be cascades for the 6/X70/X71, and if there is, the fact that the timetables have a picture of a B9 on them makes me wonder, what do we think the possibility is that Davey has gotten his wish of new buses for the X1 (or another B9 route although I think the X1 is the most likely) with the B9's being cascaded to another route, possibly at least some for the 6/X70/X71. Obviously Omnideckkas would have to be used for the moment but I think the Red Arrows B9s could maybe find their way onto these routes in the near future. This is purely just wild speculation from me and I am probably over thinking this so chances are it won't be true, but it could be?
Jimmi
16 Oct 2015, 9:25 am #544

Curious about this, they are saying that the buses for the 6 will be newer than the vehicles they are replacing, but the Omnideckkas are older than the Citaro's currently used on Diamond's. Just totally throwing it out there but I think either the people who run the GNE Facebook page have either been fed false information or there may actually be cascades for the 6/X70/X71, and if there is, the fact that the timetables have a picture of a B9 on them makes me wonder, what do we think the possibility is that Davey has gotten his wish of new buses for the X1 (or another B9 route although I think the X1 is the most likely) with the B9's being cascaded to another route, possibly at least some for the 6/X70/X71. Obviously Omnideckkas would have to be used for the moment but I think the Red Arrows B9s could maybe find their way onto these routes in the near future. This is purely just wild speculation from me and I am probably over thinking this so chances are it won't be true, but it could be?

L469 YVK

16 Oct 2015, 9:55 am #545
(16 Oct 2015, 9:25 am)Jimmi Curious about this, they are saying that the buses for the 6 will be newer than the vehicles they are replacing, but the Omnideckkas are older than the Citaro's currently used on Diamond's. Just totally throwing it out there but I think either the people who run the GNE Facebook page have either been fed false information or there may actually be cascades for the 6/X70/X71, and if there is, the fact that the timetables have a picture of a B9 on them makes me wonder, what do we think the possibility is that Davey has gotten his wish of new buses for the X1 (or another B9 route although I think the X1 is the most likely) with the B9's being cascaded to another route, possibly at least some for the 6/X70/X71. Obviously Omnideckkas would have to be used for the moment but I think the Red Arrows B9s could maybe find their way onto these routes in the near future. This is purely just wild speculation from me and I am probably over thinking this so chances are it won't be true, but it could be?

I think it will be the Cobalt Clipper getting Streetdecks with 10x B9s going to Stanley and 7x B9s going to Crook. Will be sorry to see the B9s go on either route but I hope it's the Cobalt Clipper as neither routes need such power unlike the X21, X70 / X71. Bear in mind that 6104 would have to ve swapped with a Deptford B9 that hasn't yet been modified
Edited 16 Oct 2015, 9:56 am by L469 YVK.
L469 YVK
16 Oct 2015, 9:55 am #545

(16 Oct 2015, 9:25 am)Jimmi Curious about this, they are saying that the buses for the 6 will be newer than the vehicles they are replacing, but the Omnideckkas are older than the Citaro's currently used on Diamond's. Just totally throwing it out there but I think either the people who run the GNE Facebook page have either been fed false information or there may actually be cascades for the 6/X70/X71, and if there is, the fact that the timetables have a picture of a B9 on them makes me wonder, what do we think the possibility is that Davey has gotten his wish of new buses for the X1 (or another B9 route although I think the X1 is the most likely) with the B9's being cascaded to another route, possibly at least some for the 6/X70/X71. Obviously Omnideckkas would have to be used for the moment but I think the Red Arrows B9s could maybe find their way onto these routes in the near future. This is purely just wild speculation from me and I am probably over thinking this so chances are it won't be true, but it could be?

I think it will be the Cobalt Clipper getting Streetdecks with 10x B9s going to Stanley and 7x B9s going to Crook. Will be sorry to see the B9s go on either route but I hope it's the Cobalt Clipper as neither routes need such power unlike the X21, X70 / X71. Bear in mind that 6104 would have to ve swapped with a Deptford B9 that hasn't yet been modified

16 Oct 2015, 9:58 am #546
Or GNE aren't paying someone to draw an OmniDekka for their timetables...?
omnicity4659
16 Oct 2015, 9:58 am #546

Or GNE aren't paying someone to draw an OmniDekka for their timetables...?

GuyParkRoyal

16 Oct 2015, 10:20 am #547
Faulty rear destination display on 4905.
Front screen = 36 Town End Farm.
Rear screen = 9 Sunderland.
GuyParkRoyal
16 Oct 2015, 10:20 am #547

Faulty rear destination display on 4905.
Front screen = 36 Town End Farm.
Rear screen = 9 Sunderland.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Oct 2015, 10:48 am #548

I think that Go North East will be referring to the Volvo Olympians and Dennis Tridents which have been withdrawn as a consequence of the entry into service of the ex-Brighton Scania OmniDekkas, rather than providing a comparison compared to the Mercedes Citaros used on the service at present.
Dan
16 Oct 2015, 10:48 am #548

I think that Go North East will be referring to the Volvo Olympians and Dennis Tridents which have been withdrawn as a consequence of the entry into service of the ex-Brighton Scania OmniDekkas, rather than providing a comparison compared to the Mercedes Citaros used on the service at present.

Diamond One

Banned

16 Oct 2015, 11:58 am #549
Does anyone have the streetdeck timetable for today?
Diamond One
16 Oct 2015, 11:58 am #549

Does anyone have the streetdeck timetable for today?

BusLoverMum

16 Oct 2015, 12:19 pm #550
(15 Oct 2015, 10:24 pm)S813 FVK I think it is rather strange how they have missed the route details out at this stage.

It's not unusual for route details to go on last. It makes sense if they overlay other parts of the design.
BusLoverMum
16 Oct 2015, 12:19 pm #550

(15 Oct 2015, 10:24 pm)S813 FVK I think it is rather strange how they have missed the route details out at this stage.

It's not unusual for route details to go on last. It makes sense if they overlay other parts of the design.

L469 YVK

16 Oct 2015, 12:25 pm #551
(16 Oct 2015, 10:48 am)Dan I think that Go North East will be referring to the Volvo Olympians and Dennis Tridents which have been withdrawn as a consequence of the entry into service of the ex-Brighton Scania OmniDekkas, rather than providing a comparison compared to the Mercedes Citaros used on the service at present.

To be honest, if somebody was asking about the 6, then I don't think GNE would refer to the X70 / X71. Could well be the Red Arrows receiving new buses with 10x to Stanley, 6049/6050/6051 to Riverside for the TEN / TTX spares and 6052 to Percy Main as a Cobalt spare with a B7 joining alongside as well as a further 2x B7s going as DFDS grafters to replace 3866/3867. Then, 6084 would join the TEN on a full time basis and owing to the roadworks due to start on Norham Road, the PVR of the 309 / 310 will go up to 17 with only some journeys interworking.
L469 YVK
16 Oct 2015, 12:25 pm #551

(16 Oct 2015, 10:48 am)Dan I think that Go North East will be referring to the Volvo Olympians and Dennis Tridents which have been withdrawn as a consequence of the entry into service of the ex-Brighton Scania OmniDekkas, rather than providing a comparison compared to the Mercedes Citaros used on the service at present.

To be honest, if somebody was asking about the 6, then I don't think GNE would refer to the X70 / X71. Could well be the Red Arrows receiving new buses with 10x to Stanley, 6049/6050/6051 to Riverside for the TEN / TTX spares and 6052 to Percy Main as a Cobalt spare with a B7 joining alongside as well as a further 2x B7s going as DFDS grafters to replace 3866/3867. Then, 6084 would join the TEN on a full time basis and owing to the roadworks due to start on Norham Road, the PVR of the 309 / 310 will go up to 17 with only some journeys interworking.

S813 FVK

16 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm #552
5292 has gained 'Durham diamond' branding complete with route vinyls:
Attached Files
.jpg
5292.jpg
Size 71.53 KB / Downloads 43
S813 FVK
16 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm #552

5292 has gained 'Durham diamond' branding complete with route vinyls:

Attached Files
.jpg
5292.jpg
Size 71.53 KB / Downloads 43

S813 FVK

16 Oct 2015, 3:38 pm #553
Bit of an issue with 5235s destination: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/22034893909/
S813 FVK
16 Oct 2015, 3:38 pm #553

Bit of an issue with 5235s destination: https://www.flickr.com/photos/rpbsp/22034893909/

Davie

Banned

16 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm #554
563 is on the Q.E shuttle for the first time in about a month
Davie
16 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm #554

563 is on the Q.E shuttle for the first time in about a month

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Oct 2015, 3:46 pm #555
(16 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm)Davie 563 is on the Q.E shuttle for the first time in about a month

It's been VOR since 05/10/15, so chances are it was last on the QE Hospital shuttle two Fridays ago...
Dan
16 Oct 2015, 3:46 pm #555

(16 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm)Davie 563 is on the Q.E shuttle for the first time in about a month

It's been VOR since 05/10/15, so chances are it was last on the QE Hospital shuttle two Fridays ago...

Diamond One

Banned

16 Oct 2015, 4:11 pm #556
(16 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm)S813 FVK 5292 has gained 'Durham diamond' branding complete with route vinyls:

am uploading that photo ironically enough its in the que right now getting uploaded to flickr stand by for transmission
Diamond One
16 Oct 2015, 4:11 pm #556

(16 Oct 2015, 3:31 pm)S813 FVK 5292 has gained 'Durham diamond' branding complete with route vinyls:

am uploading that photo ironically enough its in the que right now getting uploaded to flickr stand by for transmission

16 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm #557
Has there been any incidents in the Ryton area this afternoon, as driving home from work on the A695 Bypass between Blaydon Roundabout and Stargate, I noticed a Red Wright Renown on Service 11 to Newcastle, heading towards Blaydon, with passengers onboard. Very obviously off route, as this service and the TEN group don't use the bypass but travel between Ryton and Blaydon along the Main Road thru High Hedgefield and Stella.

On another note, are the Cadets now used for training school going to receive any Vinyls for the rear, as most of you are aware they received Yellow Vinyls - with the words Training Vehicle to the Front of the vehicles to cover the area where the destination blind once was, however I think the rear looks a bit plain and I'm sure there is a gap now where the rear destination blinds once were.

I must admit I liked the coaches used in the training school until recently - I thought their Livery looked good, it would be nice to see the Cadets get a bit of a makeover for the job. That's if they are expected to stay with the training school for any length of time.
thetravelman
16 Oct 2015, 4:37 pm #557

Has there been any incidents in the Ryton area this afternoon, as driving home from work on the A695 Bypass between Blaydon Roundabout and Stargate, I noticed a Red Wright Renown on Service 11 to Newcastle, heading towards Blaydon, with passengers onboard. Very obviously off route, as this service and the TEN group don't use the bypass but travel between Ryton and Blaydon along the Main Road thru High Hedgefield and Stella.

On another note, are the Cadets now used for training school going to receive any Vinyls for the rear, as most of you are aware they received Yellow Vinyls - with the words Training Vehicle to the Front of the vehicles to cover the area where the destination blind once was, however I think the rear looks a bit plain and I'm sure there is a gap now where the rear destination blinds once were.

I must admit I liked the coaches used in the training school until recently - I thought their Livery looked good, it would be nice to see the Cadets get a bit of a makeover for the job. That's if they are expected to stay with the training school for any length of time.

16 Oct 2015, 4:47 pm #558
Whilst at work today, I noticed that the New 434 service was being operated by a GNE Red liveried - Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2. I was to far away to get Reg or Fleet Number.

I tried taking a couple of Photos of the Dennis Trident Lolyne on the 434 yesterday whilst it was coming over the Railway Crossings at Cambois, however the couple I got were a little far away, I missed the shot when it was closer to me.

I don't have a flkr account and I'm not sure how to upload them onto this forum.
thetravelman
16 Oct 2015, 4:47 pm #558

Whilst at work today, I noticed that the New 434 service was being operated by a GNE Red liveried - Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2. I was to far away to get Reg or Fleet Number.

I tried taking a couple of Photos of the Dennis Trident Lolyne on the 434 yesterday whilst it was coming over the Railway Crossings at Cambois, however the couple I got were a little far away, I missed the shot when it was closer to me.

I don't have a flkr account and I'm not sure how to upload them onto this forum.

Michael

16 Oct 2015, 4:49 pm #559
(16 Oct 2015, 4:47 pm)thetravelman Whilst at work today, I noticed that the New 434 service was being operated by a GNE Red liveried - Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2. I was to far away to get Reg or Fleet Number.

It was 6117 - as reported in the odd and rare workings thread.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Oct 2015, 4:49 pm #559

(16 Oct 2015, 4:47 pm)thetravelman Whilst at work today, I noticed that the New 434 service was being operated by a GNE Red liveried - Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2. I was to far away to get Reg or Fleet Number.

It was 6117 - as reported in the odd and rare workings thread.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

16 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm #560
Been having a look at the PVRs and I have worked out GNE could do this:
Give the Give the TTX StreetDecks 7 (including 1 spare) give the ex TTX ones to the Red Arrows keeping 3943 as a spare, cascading the 11-reg B9TLS for the Stanley (5) replacing these Olympians and one to Chester-le-Street allowing 3983 to move to Percy Main for the 434 (replacing 3859) and the last one to go to stay at Washington as a spare moving 3943 to Percy Main for DFDS replacing a Lolyne. Then Streetdecks could come for the Cobalt Clipper meaning 3 could go to DFDS to replace the B7TLs, and two could go to Chester le Street replacing 3962 and 3965, the rest could replace lolynes (six at Chester-le-Street the remainder replacing Stanley's lolynes
NK53 TKT
16 Oct 2015, 4:57 pm #560

Been having a look at the PVRs and I have worked out GNE could do this:
Give the Give the TTX StreetDecks 7 (including 1 spare) give the ex TTX ones to the Red Arrows keeping 3943 as a spare, cascading the 11-reg B9TLS for the Stanley (5) replacing these Olympians and one to Chester-le-Street allowing 3983 to move to Percy Main for the 434 (replacing 3859) and the last one to go to stay at Washington as a spare moving 3943 to Percy Main for DFDS replacing a Lolyne. Then Streetdecks could come for the Cobalt Clipper meaning 3 could go to DFDS to replace the B7TLs, and two could go to Chester le Street replacing 3962 and 3965, the rest could replace lolynes (six at Chester-le-Street the remainder replacing Stanley's lolynes

Pages (51) Previous 127 28 2951 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average