Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat lifes little mysteries

lifes little mysteries

lifes little mysteries

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next
Adrian

17 Dec 2014, 8:26 pm #61
(17 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm)Jimmi Probably both.

My mobile phone mystery is how can anyone bare having their phone make a noise everytime they press anything, once had someone sat next on the bus endless texting away with a noise made everytime they keyed a letter / word into it, I wanted to punch them because it was that annoying.
See I usually apply a two minute rule. If someone is still on the phone after that time, I remind them of the rule. If they continue yapping, they get a more blunt approach.

I tent to put my phone on silent if I'm having a text conversation in public, otherwise it irritates me Nevermind others.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Dec 2014, 8:26 pm #61

(17 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm)Jimmi Probably both.

My mobile phone mystery is how can anyone bare having their phone make a noise everytime they press anything, once had someone sat next on the bus endless texting away with a noise made everytime they keyed a letter / word into it, I wanted to punch them because it was that annoying.
See I usually apply a two minute rule. If someone is still on the phone after that time, I remind them of the rule. If they continue yapping, they get a more blunt approach.

I tent to put my phone on silent if I'm having a text conversation in public, otherwise it irritates me Nevermind others.

Jimmi

17 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm #62
It's when they press anything not just sending receiving texts which just makes me think how can you bear that horrible noise every second.

I also hate it when people listen to music through headphones but have it turned up so loud that you can clearly hear, at times I have my headphones in but can hear their music better than mine as I don't want mine turned up to deafening volume.
Jimmi
17 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm #62

It's when they press anything not just sending receiving texts which just makes me think how can you bear that horrible noise every second.

I also hate it when people listen to music through headphones but have it turned up so loud that you can clearly hear, at times I have my headphones in but can hear their music better than mine as I don't want mine turned up to deafening volume.

Malarkey

17 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm #63
(17 Dec 2014, 8:08 pm)aureolin Why do people insist on using phones in the quiet coach. Are they stupid, ignorant or both?

But if they have it on Silent, to be honest when I went to Edinburgh my Dad rang me to check I got on the Train etc ok, and this Women started having a go at me for being on my Phone, and she was banging on about it being "the quiet coach", I had no idea what she was talking about until further into the Journey when I realised just how quiet it actually was, although there no more than 15 People in Coach anyway.
Malarkey
17 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm #63

(17 Dec 2014, 8:08 pm)aureolin Why do people insist on using phones in the quiet coach. Are they stupid, ignorant or both?

But if they have it on Silent, to be honest when I went to Edinburgh my Dad rang me to check I got on the Train etc ok, and this Women started having a go at me for being on my Phone, and she was banging on about it being "the quiet coach", I had no idea what she was talking about until further into the Journey when I realised just how quiet it actually was, although there no more than 15 People in Coach anyway.

Adrian

17 Dec 2014, 8:40 pm #64
(17 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm)Malarkey But if they have it on Silent, to be honest when I went to Edinburgh my Dad rang me to check I got on the Train etc ok, and this Women started having a go at me for being on my Phone, and she was banging on about it being "the quiet coach", I had no idea what she was talking about until further into the Journey when I realised just how quiet it actually was, although there no more than 15 People in Coach anyway.
Doesn't matter if there's 5 or 50 in the coach. A lot of people, myself included, book into the quiet coach deliberately. It's fair enough if you didn't know, and it's why I always ask politely first time round. It's only if they persist that they're firmly told to get out.

Adrian
17 Dec 2014, 8:40 pm #64

(17 Dec 2014, 8:38 pm)Malarkey But if they have it on Silent, to be honest when I went to Edinburgh my Dad rang me to check I got on the Train etc ok, and this Women started having a go at me for being on my Phone, and she was banging on about it being "the quiet coach", I had no idea what she was talking about until further into the Journey when I realised just how quiet it actually was, although there no more than 15 People in Coach anyway.
Doesn't matter if there's 5 or 50 in the coach. A lot of people, myself included, book into the quiet coach deliberately. It's fair enough if you didn't know, and it's why I always ask politely first time round. It's only if they persist that they're firmly told to get out.

Andreos1

09 Feb 2015, 2:41 pm #65
Members of this forum and their toilet/digestive issues.

Is it as prevalent throughout the community or just this forum?

Malarkey seems to share his toilet experiences quite often.
Fozz can clear a bus and now Jimmi has had issues in Darlington! 

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
09 Feb 2015, 2:41 pm #65

Members of this forum and their toilet/digestive issues.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Feb 2015, 2:45 pm #66
(09 Feb 2015, 2:41 pm)Andreos1 Members of this forum and their toilet/digestive issues.

Toilet humour is great jnnit
MrFozz
09 Feb 2015, 2:45 pm #66

(09 Feb 2015, 2:41 pm)Andreos1 Members of this forum and their toilet/digestive issues.

Toilet humour is great jnnit

Jimmi

09 Feb 2015, 3:08 pm #67

Not my fault Darlington Borough Council closed the public toilets.

The phrase to best summarise this discussion is "shit happens"
Jimmi
09 Feb 2015, 3:08 pm #67

Not my fault Darlington Borough Council closed the public toilets.

09 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm #68
(09 Feb 2015, 3:08 pm)Jimmi Not my fault Darlington Borough Council closed the public toilets.

Shit does happen (well, in Dalton Park and Darlington) 
omnicity4659
09 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm #68

(09 Feb 2015, 3:08 pm)Jimmi Not my fault Darlington Borough Council closed the public toilets.

Shit does happen (well, in Dalton Park and Darlington) 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm #69
(09 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm)Tommy_1581 Shit does happen (well, in Dalton Park and Darlington) 
Plenty of shithouses in Dalton Park...Last time I was there, there was 2 and the crapper in Maccy D's
MrFozz
09 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm #69

(09 Feb 2015, 4:16 pm)Tommy_1581 Shit does happen (well, in Dalton Park and Darlington) 
Plenty of shithouses in Dalton Park...Last time I was there, there was 2 and the crapper in Maccy D's

Jimmi

09 Feb 2015, 4:22 pm #70
(09 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm)MrFozz Plenty of shithouses in Dalton Park...Last time I was there, there was 2 and the crapper in Maccy D's

When I was last at Dalton Park they were both locked and I had no time to run to McDonalds because I had to catch a 22 to Peterlee.
Jimmi
09 Feb 2015, 4:22 pm #70

(09 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm)MrFozz Plenty of shithouses in Dalton Park...Last time I was there, there was 2 and the crapper in Maccy D's

When I was last at Dalton Park they were both locked and I had no time to run to McDonalds because I had to catch a 22 to Peterlee.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

09 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm #71
(09 Feb 2015, 4:22 pm)Jimmi When I was last at Dalton Park they were both locked and I had no time to run to McDonalds because I had to catch a 22 to Peterlee.
Thats me shot down...lol
MrFozz
09 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm #71

(09 Feb 2015, 4:22 pm)Jimmi When I was last at Dalton Park they were both locked and I had no time to run to McDonalds because I had to catch a 22 to Peterlee.
Thats me shot down...lol

DanPicken

Banned

09 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm #72

I dropped a silent one on the 88 to school and had the whole bus retching.
DanPicken
09 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm #72

I dropped a silent one on the 88 to school and had the whole bus retching.

09 Feb 2015, 8:41 pm #73
(09 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm)danpick I dropped a silent one on the 88 to school and had the whole bus retching.

Lovely.
R852 PRG
09 Feb 2015, 8:41 pm #73

(09 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm)danpick I dropped a silent one on the 88 to school and had the whole bus retching.

Lovely.

S813 FVK

09 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm #74

Thats something somebody from Chester-le-Street would do! Tongue 
S813 FVK
09 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm #74

Thats something somebody from Chester-le-Street would do! Tongue 

09 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm #75
(09 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm)Robert Thats something somebody from Chester-le-Street would do! Tongue 

Watch it...Stanley..! Rolleyes
R852 PRG
09 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm #75

(09 Feb 2015, 8:48 pm)Robert Thats something somebody from Chester-le-Street would do! Tongue 

Watch it...Stanley..! Rolleyes

S813 FVK

09 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm #76
(09 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm)MarcTheA4 Watch it...Stanley..! Rolleyes

Whey...there must be a dozen areas of chester that would do stuff like that. Stanley has its theory of setting fire to stuff, drugs and stabbing people is the best way about life. God knows what the people of chester-le-street think but im sure farting discretely on buses is a trend with all habitants of the place.
S813 FVK
09 Feb 2015, 8:58 pm #76

(09 Feb 2015, 8:49 pm)MarcTheA4 Watch it...Stanley..! Rolleyes

Whey...there must be a dozen areas of chester that would do stuff like that. Stanley has its theory of setting fire to stuff, drugs and stabbing people is the best way about life. God knows what the people of chester-le-street think but im sure farting discretely on buses is a trend with all habitants of the place.

09 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm #77
Okay, I have a true thing happened about two weeks ago.

In my school we have a link - known as 'the link' (no surprise!) and on a morning me and my friends sit there. Me and a friend are normally the first ones in at 08:15 - and there is typically half a dozen of us by 08:25. I remember a great big fat Year 11 bitch came in (she's known for rampages) and her sister, also fat, in Year 9 - had fallen out with her. I mean, fallen out with her. Big style (pun intended). She was telling her sister to go and dive off a cliff and land on the rocks of hell. Most of us were sniggering, and and then as she turned away from her sister she slipped. PAHAHAHAHAH

It was a bit cruel of me to burst into laughter, and I quickly shut up before she came over and killed me. She slowly got back to her feet and BANG - she goes down again - faceplants the hard cold floor!!! I know it's absolutely awful but I was almost crying, not at the fact that she fell over but because a teacher had been standing out of sight laughing his backside off...Tongue
R852 PRG
09 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm #77

Okay, I have a true thing happened about two weeks ago.

In my school we have a link - known as 'the link' (no surprise!) and on a morning me and my friends sit there. Me and a friend are normally the first ones in at 08:15 - and there is typically half a dozen of us by 08:25. I remember a great big fat Year 11 bitch came in (she's known for rampages) and her sister, also fat, in Year 9 - had fallen out with her. I mean, fallen out with her. Big style (pun intended). She was telling her sister to go and dive off a cliff and land on the rocks of hell. Most of us were sniggering, and and then as she turned away from her sister she slipped. PAHAHAHAHAH

It was a bit cruel of me to burst into laughter, and I quickly shut up before she came over and killed me. She slowly got back to her feet and BANG - she goes down again - faceplants the hard cold floor!!! I know it's absolutely awful but I was almost crying, not at the fact that she fell over but because a teacher had been standing out of sight laughing his backside off...Tongue

S813 FVK

09 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm #78
(09 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm)MarcTheA4 Okay, I have a true thing happened about two weeks ago.

Don't talk about your mum like that Tongue God...you living in Chester-le-Street is suddenly starting to emerge now like. Knew you couldn't hide it in for ever.
S813 FVK
09 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm #78

(09 Feb 2015, 8:59 pm)MarcTheA4 Okay, I have a true thing happened about two weeks ago.

Don't talk about your mum like that Tongue God...you living in Chester-le-Street is suddenly starting to emerge now like. Knew you couldn't hide it in for ever.

09 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm #79
(09 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm)Robert Don't talk about your mum like that Tongue God...you living in Chester-le-Street is suddenly starting to emerge now like. Knew you couldn't hide it in for ever.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....you bitch! Tongue
R852 PRG
09 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm #79

(09 Feb 2015, 9:09 pm)Robert Don't talk about your mum like that Tongue God...you living in Chester-le-Street is suddenly starting to emerge now like. Knew you couldn't hide it in for ever.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....you bitch! Tongue

S813 FVK

09 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm #80
(09 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm)MarcTheA4 Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....you bitch! Tongue

Well. I couldn't resist saying that. I assume she can fit through a doorway without struggling though?
S813 FVK
09 Feb 2015, 9:16 pm #80

(09 Feb 2015, 9:11 pm)MarcTheA4 Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....you bitch! Tongue

Well. I couldn't resist saying that. I assume she can fit through a doorway without struggling though?

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average