North East Buses

Full Version: Gateshead Central Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20 Nov 2015, 5:11 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]Do they?

They think they do.
(20 Nov 2015, 5:12 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]They think they do.

I reckon it'll be subjective!!!
(20 Nov 2015, 5:07 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]Was my Scholars has a sticker saying they provide excellent service as standard.

Was it a GCT sticker or a sticker from the previous operator perhaps?

I don't understand why GCT don't develop their own livery, surely it will go some way of advertising the company towards the public and perhaps if any complaints(or compliments!) need to be made, then people will know what company it is. Seems rather lazy in just having orange/blue Tridents and a Nexus livery only.
(20 Nov 2015, 8:55 pm)Bus_User wrote [ -> ]Was it a GCT sticker or a sticker from the previous operator perhaps?

I don't understand why GCT don't develop their own livery, surely it will go some way of advertising the company towards the public and perhaps if any complaints(or compliments!) need to be made, then people will know what company it is. Seems rather lazy in just having orange/blue Tridents and a Nexus livery only.

It was even had their phone numbers on and A4 sheets saying no Food/Drink.
(20 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]According to the Nexus website, they run the 90, 933, 939 and 941, but I'm not sure which journeys are which company, as some journeys are also run by Go North East, Weardale and Stanley Travel, amongst others. I'll have a look if I can find more information.

Cheers.

I started to trying to piece together the Nexus tenders, but didn't get very far.

I then started trying to identify who had the GCT 23 board, prior to them and work out whether that ran on to a TVTE service, but got interrupted at work.
(20 Nov 2015, 12:45 pm)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]According to the Nexus website, they run the 90, 933, 939 and 941, but I'm not sure which journeys are which company, as some journeys are also run by Go North East, Weardale and Stanley Travel, amongst others. I'll have a look if I can find more information.

Gateshead Central Taxis run the following Team Valley journeys

90 - 1735 departure
933 - 1710 departure
939 - 1738 departure

I'm not aware of any 941 journeys anymore?
(21 Nov 2015, 1:12 pm)Wybus wrote [ -> ]Gateshead Central Taxis run the following Team Valley journeys

90 - 1735 departure
933 - 1710 departure
939 - 1738 departure

I'm not aware of any 941 journeys anymore?

Could just be a case of the Nexus website not being updated correctly, I suppose? But thanks for the information.
(22 Nov 2015, 10:26 am)BJ10VUS wrote [ -> ]Could just be a case of the Nexus website not being updated correctly, I suppose? But thanks for the information.

It appears that the Nexus website is in need of an update to reflect contract changes. I noticed that two of the Go North East service to Waterview Park are still with Kingleys and Stanley Travel according to the Nexus website.
Central Taxis were unsuccessful with their application to increase the licence authorisation to 40 vehicles. They have however been granted an increase allowing them authorisation for 30 vehicles.
The increase should allow enough overhead to bid for the recent Nexus Contracts.
(14 Oct 2015, 1:39 pm)jaimzm wrote [ -> ]has GCT Lost their Streetlite to peter hogg

Yes the Streetlite registered MX60BXD went to Peter Hogg when it left Central Taxis. It was acquired for use on the Scottish Borders route 20 contract.

Peter Hogg also have a Streetlite registered MX61BBU which often appears on the 131.
PB1103138/5 - CENTRAL TAXIS GATESHEAD LIMITED T/A CENTRAL TAXIS OF GATESHEAD, 53 HIGH STREET, FELLING, GATESHEAD, NE10 9LU
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland and Sunderland given service number Sunderland DRT effective from 27-Feb-2016.
LR52 KVT isn't DDA Compliant as the blind doesn't work.
(04 Jan 2016, 4:02 pm)DanPicken wrote [ -> ]LR52 KVT isn't DDA Compliant as the blind doesn't work.
Is that a Plaxton President? If so it doesn't need to be DDA until next year, unless there is Nexus rules regarding screens on school runs?
(04 Jan 2016, 4:07 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]Is that a Plaxton President? If so it doesn't need to be DDA until next year, unless there is Nexus rules regarding screens on school runs?

Yes I've just realised.
There is an orange President parked up in Hoddys.
Couldn't id it unfortunately.
'All of our buses are under 8 years old and maintained to the highest of standards.'

A quote from Gateshead Central Taxis
(14 Jan 2016, 4:36 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]'All of our buses are under 8 years old and maintained to the highest of standards.'

What a load of bollocks all their Deckers at 14 years old.
(14 Jan 2016, 4:36 pm)UNK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]'All of our buses are under 8 years old and maintained to the highest of standards.'

Where these quotes from?
(14 Jan 2016, 4:36 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]'All of our buses are under 8 years old and maintained to the highest of standards.'

The statement that you have provided is 100% correct!

What you have NOT told members of the forum is that statement refers to buses in the private hire taxis business and quite clearly states that it relates to buses with a capacity of 5 to 16 seats. The photos along side the statement also show taxi / private hire vehicles.

The buses that operate on a VOSA (DVSA) operators licence are registered under the name of Central Taxis Gateshead.
(15 Jan 2016, 9:23 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]The statement that you have provided is 100% correct!

What you have NOT told members of the forum is that statement refers to buses in the private hire taxis business and quite clearly states that it relates to buses with a capacity of 5 to 16 seats. The photos along side the statement also show taxi / private hire vehicles.

The buses that operate on a VOSA (DVSA) operators licence are registered under the name of Central Taxis Gateshead.

Totally agree, would have mentioned that earlier if I wasn't so tired.