North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26 Jun 2016, 5:02 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]GCT? Perhaps the 335 might be Kingsley's? JH Coaches have enough capacity to operate one of the above as do Stanley Travel and A-Line (having lost the M12)

I'm not sure to be honest - canny bit of light mileage for someone like JH and Kingsleys to be fair, could be Phoenix as they are taking on quite a bit it seems.
July 24th 2016 Tender Awards

6/553 - Arriva North East
8X/939/836 - No Award (existing contract extended)
13/496 - Go North East
17 - No Award (existing contract extended)
18/18A - Arriva North East
19 - Go North East
29 - Go North East
32/32A - Arriva North East
33/33A - Go North East
59/359 - Phoenix Coaches
84/84A - Phoenix Coaches
168 - Go North East
333 - Phoenix Coaches
335 - Phoenix Coaches
M71 - Phoenix Coaches
W1/W1A - Phoenix Coaches
W2 - Pheonix Coaches
W3 - Phoenix Coaches
(30 Jun 2016, 3:07 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]July 24th 2016 Tender Awards

6/553 - Arriva North East
8X/939/836 - No Award (existing contract extended)
13/496 - Go North East
17 - No Award (existing contract extended)
18/18A - Arriva North East
19 - Go North East
29 - Go North East
32/32A - Arriva North East
33/33A - Go North East
59/359 - Phoenix Coaches
84/84A - Phoenix Coaches
168 - Go North East
333 - Phoenix Coaches
335 - Phoenix Coaches
M71 - Phoenix Coaches
W1/W1A - Phoenix Coaches
W2 - Pheonix Coaches
W3 - Phoenix Coaches

Bloody hell Phoenix are taking on a hell of a lot. Must be a combined PVR of about 11 on top of whatever they already operate. Good on them to be fair!
(30 Jun 2016, 3:17 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Bloody hell Phoenix are taking on a hell of a lot. Must be a combined PVR of about 11 on top of whatever they already operate. Good on them to be fair!

I agree, lets hope they can recruit the drivers in time.
(30 Jun 2016, 4:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I agree, lets hope they can recruit the drivers in time.

Saw a B10M going around Wallsend a couple of times advertising drivers. Wonder what buses they will use as they only have 2 E200s atm onto of the 3 or 4 Solos.
(30 Jun 2016, 4:25 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Saw a B10M going around Wallsend a couple of times advertising drivers. Wonder what buses they will use as they only have 2 E200s atm onto of the 3 or 4 Solos.

Hi

Thought it would be a good idea to clear a few things up (saves all the speculation), we are pleased to have been awarded the above contracts and have (or are in the process of) adding to the fleet with the following

2 * Enviro 200's (ex Tates Travel)
2 * Optare Solo (ex weardale)
2 * Dennis Dart (ex go ahead London via Procters)
3 * Mellor Orion + - yet to be delivered as currently being built.

With regards drivers we have spent the past few months recruiting and training using our training bus (so far with a 100% practical test pass rate Wink which means we have enough drivers + extra to start the work on the 25th July.

I hope that helps !!
(30 Jun 2016, 5:10 pm)Phoenix Coaches wrote [ -> ]Hi

Thought it would be a good idea to clear a few things up (saves all the speculation), we are pleased to have been awarded the above contracts and have (or are in the process of) adding to the fleet with the following

With regards drivers we have spent the past few months recruiting and training using our training bus (so far with a 100% practical test pass rate Wink which means we have enough drivers + extra to start the work on the 25th July.

I hope that helps !!

Great thanks for sharing that Smile
I'm guessing the Orions will be used on the services like the 359/59, W2 and M71?
(30 Jun 2016, 5:10 pm)Phoenix Coaches wrote [ -> ]Hi

I hope that helps !!
Great, I will definitely be hunting down the E200s and darts, is there going to be a set plan for allocations and how large are the darts going to be?
(30 Jun 2016, 6:01 pm)NK53 TKT wrote [ -> ]how large are the darts going to be?
Darts for Phoenix.
(30 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]Darts for Phoenix.

Not huge, I reckon the 335 will be for them
(14 Jun 2016, 5:16 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]To answer the question...

1.1         Timescales

The evaluation will consist of the following events and proposed timetable:

Issue Invitation to Tender (ITT) - 31 May 2016
ITT Response Deadline (noon) - 01 July 2016   
RFI Deadline (noon) - 17 June 2016
Award Announcement - circa 12 July 2016 
Commencement of Activity - 17 September 2016

There'll be no news on this one until at least the middle of next month, and that's assuming the award is announced on-time, in line with the above schedule.

I take it, the 700/701 contract has yet to be awarded?
(25 Jul 2016, 11:10 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]I take it, the 700/701 contract has yet to be awarded?

If stagecoach got it itd be nice to have an electric solo on the 18,19
(25 Jul 2016, 6:18 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote [ -> ]If stagecoach got it itd be nice to have an electric solo on the 18,19

Tbh, a Solo would do on the 18/19 on a daily bases Tongue
(25 Jul 2016, 7:00 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tbh, a Solo would do on the 18/19 on a daily bases Tongue

It would be strange for passengers
https://procontract.due-north.com/Advert...0c29c9ba21

NECA have released details of the latest Go Smarter to School tender.
Split in to several lots, covering the LA members who are involved.
(26 Jul 2016, 6:48 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]https://procontract.due-north.com/Advert...0c29c9ba21

NECA have released details of the latest Go Smarter to School tender.
Split in to several lots, covering the LA members who are involved.

Be nice if they could spell "labour"
(02 Jun 2016, 5:44 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The contract for the Sunderland Connect 700/701 services is up for renewal this year.

Sunderland City Council will provide 3 low-carbon hybrid vehicles in a dedicated livery to operate this contract. The use of these vehicles will be subject to a separate agreement between the successful contractor and Sunderland City Council.

The details of vehicles to be provided are as follows:-
  • Optare Solo SR Hybrid – NK61 EFY (Capacity 49)
  • Optare Solo SR Hybrid – NK61 EGY (Capacity 49)
  • Optare Solo SR Hybrid – NK62 DWY (Capacity 48)

It should be noted that it is extremely likely that these vehicles will need to be re-painted during the term of this contract. 

The contract will require the successful bidder to operate a term-time timetable (17th September 2016 until 7th July 2017) and a separate summer timetable (8th July 2017 to 2nd September 2017).

Awarded to "Go North East"
(30 Dec 2013, 4:37 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]Hi all

Thought I would add some details of the tenders that have gone out recently, see the attached PDF file for the latest situation that I'm aware of. I will add more and more detail in here as best as I can.

I'll keep this updated and put the latest info in this top post but feel free to discuss below!

Scott

I'm aware that this was a while ago and things may have changed (and so it may be slightly out of date) but in the publication (that was part of the original post above) it gives a long list of DCC contracts all of which were due to end 30/7/16...I don't recall any changes of operators/services occurring recently so I was just wondering does anyone know if these have been extended, and if so how long for, or if they have simply awarded all the contracts to the same operators (though i find it hard to believe that not one has changed for one reason or another)???
(07 Aug 2016, 9:31 pm)peter wrote [ -> ]I'm aware that this was a while ago and things may have changed (and so it may be slightly out of date) but in the publication (that was part of the original post above) it gives a long list of DCC contracts all of which were due to end 30/7/16...I don't recall any changes of operators/services occurring recently so I was just wondering does anyone know if these have been extended, and if so how long for, or if they have simply awarded all the contracts to the same operators (though i find it hard to believe that not one has changed for one reason or another)???
Well, the Scarlet Band 58 stayed the same and DCC even provided new timetables for the areas it serves in common with other services which had changed, so they must have been sure of that back in June.
(02 Jun 2016, 6:02 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Further tenders released by Nexus today:

Service 40 (Wallsend - High Farm - Battle Hill - Hadrian Park - Howdon - Holy Cross - Wallsend)
Service 41 (Wallsend - Holy Cross - Howdon - Hadrian Park - Battle Hill - High Farm - Wallsend)
Contract Period: 04/09/2016 to 02/09/2017
Currently operated by Go North East

Contractual requirements:
Daily evening & Sunday daytime
3x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 23.

Service 11 (Wallsend - North Shields - North Tyneside General Hospital - Whitley Bay)
Service 42 (Cramlington/Benton ASDA - Wallsend)
Contract Period: 04/09/2016 to 02/09/2017
Currently operated by Go North East

Contractual requirements:
Daily evening & Sunday daytime
6x low-floor Euro 4 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 23.

Both of these contracts supplement the main daytime Go North East operation of services 17A, 40/41 and 80 - the new numbers and routes coinciding with planned service changes.

Awarded to Go North East.

(02 Jun 2016, 5:44 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]The contract for the Sunderland Connect 700/701 services is up for renewal this year.

Sunderland City Council will provide 3 low-carbon hybrid vehicles in a dedicated livery to operate this contract. The use of these vehicles will be subject to a separate agreement between the successful contractor and Sunderland City Council.

The details of vehicles to be provided are as follows:-
  • Optare Solo SR Hybrid – NK61 EFY (Capacity 49)
  • Optare Solo SR Hybrid – NK61 EGY (Capacity 49)
  • Optare Solo SR Hybrid – NK62 DWY (Capacity 48)

It should be noted that it is extremely likely that these vehicles will need to be re-painted during the term of this contract. 

The contract will require the successful bidder to operate a term-time timetable (17th September 2016 until 7th July 2017) and a separate summer timetable (8th July 2017 to 2nd September 2017).

As mentioned already, this tender has been awarded to Go North East.

(03 Jun 2016, 3:40 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]I'd forgotten to include details of the daytime 701 service being up for tender as per the daytime 700 and evening 701.

This is a one year contract between 17/09/16 and 07/17/17, with option to extend contract by one year. Vehicle specification is 1x low-floor Euro 5 vehicle with a minimum capacity of 60.

Awarded to Stanley Travel.