North East Buses

Full Version: Tender Discussion Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18 Aug 2018, 9:50 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Newcastle Hospitals NHS Trust have issued an invitation to tender for bus services available to staff and the public.
Lot 1. Westgate Road, RVI, Regent Centre.
Lot 2. Regent Centre to Freeman Hospital.

The contracts are for 5 years with the option for 2 extensions of 12 months based on a diesel vehicle. The 5 year period will be extended to 8 years for hybrid vehicles and 10 years for electric vehicles again the 2 extensions of 12months apply. Interesting to note that price only makes up 40% of the award criteria.

Apart from the 46 and 553, which other services go that way?, don't really know Newcastle, are these new tenders? 

I can see Go North East going in for these.
38 Cross City every 10 mins lol
So are L&G operating any scholars as they are listed on Nexus timetables for some runs.
(31 Aug 2018, 12:39 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]So are L&G operating any scholars as they are listed on Nexus timetables for some runs.

I believe Kingsleys are providing vehicles for them at the moment.

Charles
(18 Aug 2018, 9:50 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Newcastle Hospitals NHS Trust have issued an invitation to tender for bus services available to staff and the public.

The contracts are for 5 years with the option for 2 extensions of 12 months based on a diesel vehicle. The 5 year period will be extended to 8 years for hybrid vehicles and 10 years for electric vehicles again the 2 extensions of 12months apply. Interesting to note that price only makes up 40% of the award criteria.

Anymore information on this?
(18 Sep 2018, 8:35 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Anymore information on this?
Tenders are still being submitted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
(19 Sep 2018, 4:06 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Tenders are still being submitted.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ah right, thanks
Plans to change the TB15 from a taxi bus to a normal service - I’m really not surprised with the low passenger numbers (10 per day) as most people probably don’t know it exists

https://nexus.org.uk/consultation/item/p...rvice-tb15
Nexus have issued the invitation to tender for Newcastle and North Tyneside secured bus services.
Contract start date is 24/3/19 on a 1 year duration. Low floor, easy access, PSVAR compliant vehicles are required with a minimum of Euro 5 specification.
Minimum capacity of 16, 23 or 36 based on route requirements.
(28 Oct 2018, 12:58 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Nexus have issued the invitation to tender for Newcastle and North Tyneside secured bus services.
Contract start date is 24/3/19 on a 1 year duration. Low floor, easy access, PSVAR compliant vehicles are required with a minimum of Euro 5 specification.

What services are these?, are these like the 13, 19 etc?

Any idea who won this?
(03 Nov 2018, 3:46 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any idea who won this?
Guessing it would be arriva as it matches the 46 and 553
(03 Nov 2018, 3:46 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Any idea who won this?

(05 Nov 2018, 4:00 pm)JM03 wrote [ -> ]Guessing it would be arriva as it matches the 46 and 553

Tender submission deadline has only just closed recently. Be a while before we find out yet.
(05 Nov 2018, 5:34 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Tender submission deadline has only just closed recently. Be a while before we find out yet.

Thanks Dan.
The University of Sunderland recently carried out a tendering exercise for the hire of buses and coaches. The selection was based on 60% quality and 40% cost with four suppliers qualifying. The 2 year contract with a potential value of £600,000 has been awarded to JH Coaches.
(28 Oct 2018, 12:58 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]Nexus have issued the invitation to tender for Newcastle and North Tyneside secured bus services.

The above contract had a respond by 19th November date however all applications have been declined due to a change in Nexus contract terms and conditions. A new request for tenders on the new terms has been issued  the contract start date is still 24/3/19.
(01 Dec 2018, 8:28 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote [ -> ]The above contract had a respond by 19th November date however all applications have been declined due to a change in Nexus contract terms and conditions. A new request for tenders on the new terms has been issued  the contract start date is still 24/3/19.

What was the new terms?
Nexus have issued an ItT for Stakeholder Research for the NE Transport Plan.
(19 Dec 2018, 9:01 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Nexus have issued an ItT for Stakeholder Research for the NE Transport Plan.
A what for what?

I feel like I've walked half way into a conversation
(19 Dec 2018, 9:06 pm)Jamie M wrote [ -> ]A what for what?

I feel like I've walked half way into a conversation

Invitation to tender. 
North East Transport Plan.