North East Buses
Trespassing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Trespassing (/showthread.php?tid=1086)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Trespassing - Diamond One - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 10:13 am)marxistafozzski I am gonna have to pay a visit to Gateshead sometime soon, see if this guy says owt to me, sounds like a reet bell-end
David Archbold has caused everyone problems even his former company he causes trouble for he thinks he can become manager when he cannot if he becomes a member of the rally official he will loose his coat within 2 mins

Re: RE: Trespassing - MrFozz - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 1:06 pm)aureolin Lets all go and stand there with cameras round our neck but not take any photos. Big Grin

Do I sense a flash mob is in the making hear [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]

Re: RE: Trespassing - Adrian - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 2:10 pm)marxistafozzski Do I sense a flash mob is in the making hear [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND TIGHTLY-CLOSED EYES]
Do it as a silent protest. Just stand at a bus stop with a visible camera. What are they going to do? Tell everyone that cameras aren't allowed now? They'd have to go around and make sure no one has a smartphone if that's the case now...

RE: Trespassing - MrFozz - 28 Jun 2014

You know what, we should actually do it, get a few of us down with cameras, phones, tablets, whatever can take a photo

RE: Trespassing - R852 PRG - 28 Jun 2014

I personally wouldn't mind assisting you all with something like the camera protest. The Nexus staff at Gateshead are both rude and unhelpful. That bloke who cleans up the X66s and the folks in the little travel shop are as well.

(28 Jun 2014, 2:26 pm)Marcus I personally wouldn't mind assisting you all with something like the camera protest. The Nexus staff at Gateshead are both rude and unhelpful. That bloke who cleans up the X66s and the folks in the little travel shop are as well.

Am with ya on that one Marcus if we all write letters to Nexus we could win the battle between cameras some of the nexus staff are rude but I supposed there paid to do it but if we email them and form a union bus spotters will win the battle for cameras or whatever you take pics with like phones

(28 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm)Racer_Experience Am with ya on that one Marcus if we all write letters to Nexus we could win the battle between cameras some of the nexus staff are rude but I supposed there paid to do it but if we email them and form a union bus spotters will win the battle for cameras or whatever you take pics with like phones

I don't take photos - but if we outnumber them, they might not be so quick to attack. Probably go and get the police from down in the Metro, who are just as unhelpful.

Re: Trespassing - MrFozz - 28 Jun 2014

Writing letters is no good Baz, you have said yourself they don't reply to you, so what is to say if a few of us wrote they wouldn't take any notice.

I think the bigger picture here is not about bell end Nexus employees, well it is, but the issue here is one of health and safety. I would love to see the Nexus Handbook and see what it says in regards to bus photography, if there is nothing in black and white prohibiting it, then I say a few of us go down and test Nexus patience, and do it with a decent number of people so we can't be picked off 1 by 1...

The whole thing is getting stupid now, and I really don't see why we can't take photos in a bus station, yes people may run in front of buses, or generally jump in the road, but I bet for every idiot there are 5 decent enough enthusiasts...

Nexus can't win really, they don't want us taking pictures, which pisses us off, we just good folk enjoying a hobby, and as long as we stick to paths and not out of bounds areas, then what harm is being done...

On the flip side, someone runs in the road, bus hits them, they are seriously injured or god forbid, dead and Nexus have a huge problem on there hands, it will be a sad day when an enthusiast dies just for the sake of a picture and not worth gambling with your life.

But anyway, there is no excuse for Nexus staff to be rude, a polite request to move would be enough instead of being a bell end

(28 Jun 2014, 3:22 pm)marxistafozzski Writing letters is no good Baz, you have said yourself they don't reply to you, so what is to say if a few of us wrote they wouldn't take any notice.

I think the bigger picture here is not about bell end Nexus employees, well it is, but the issue here is one of health and safety. I would love to see the Nexus Handbook and see what it says in regards to bus photography, if there is nothing in black and white prohibiting it, then I say a few of us go down and test Nexus patience, and do it with a decent number of people so we can't be picked off 1 by 1...

The whole thing is getting stupid now, and I really don't see why we can't take photos in a bus station, yes people may run in front of buses, or generally jump in the road, but I bet for every idiot there are 5 decent enough enthusiasts...

Nexus can't win really, they don't want us taking pictures, which pisses us off, we just good folk enjoying a hobby, and as long as we stick to paths and not out of bounds areas, then what harm is being done...

On the flip side, someone runs in the road, bus hits them, they are seriously injured or god forbid, dead and Nexus have a huge problem on there hands, it will be a sad day when an enthusiast dies just for the sake of a picture and not worth gambling with your life.

But anyway, there is no excuse for Nexus staff to be rude, a polite request to move would be enough instead of being a bell end

Although this isn't it - I can't name any cases where many employees have gone along with this;

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/Customer%20service%20policy.pdf

RE: Trespassing - Adrian - 28 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 3:08 pm)Racer_Experience Am with ya on that one Marcus if we all write letters to Nexus we could win the battle between cameras some of the nexus staff are rude but I supposed there paid to do it but if we email them and form a union bus spotters will win the battle for cameras or whatever you take pics with like phones

Nobody is paid to be rude. Nexus quite rightly display posters around their bus station to say that they wont tolerate abuse towards their staff, but that should be a two way process.

Nexus have exercised their right to ban photography on their land, but I'd argue that this has been done for the wrong reasons, and more importantly, without consultation. So whilst it's important for us all to acknowledge that they choose not to allow photography, it doesn't mean that we can't force a change or suggest an alternative that both parties are happy with. The policy is a farce really. I'm yet to see it actually written anywhere, and it makes no sense. I can't think of anywhere else (apart from TFL) that challenge photography in and around their stations.

You're right though. If you make a big enough of a point it can force people to want to resolve the gripes.

(28 Jun 2014, 3:22 pm)marxistafozzski Writing letters is no good Baz, you have said yourself they don't reply to you, so what is to say if a few of us wrote they wouldn't take any notice.

Aye it's absolutely pointless writing to them. I had a written response from practically the top, and it failed to address any concerns that I raised, other than that NEB would be consulted when they review their policy.

(28 Jun 2014, 3:31 pm)Marcus Although this isn't it - I can't name any cases where many employees have gone along with this;

http://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/files/Customer%20service%20policy.pdf

That's for Metro (as in DB Tyne and Wear), not Nexus.

Nexus have been worse this year but at the end of the day they do have a job but I try to avoid them the best I can yet when am at Haymarket or Eldon Square they rarely start on me even intu doesn't start whatsoever must be Gateshead staff, Park Lane and Four Lane Ends I'm rarely at Gateshead these days cause am sick to bone of nexus ruling the roost park lane is ok when my 2nd favourite GNE advisor is there which is always while four lane ends I never been there to take photos

RE: Trespassing - Malarkey - 28 Jun 2014

I have much better idea, we stand outside the Nexus HQ in Newcastle with a Massive Banner and our Cameras, and Perhaps get the Bus Operators on board also and have a demonstration against QCS while we are at it, Well maybe not the Second Part as it's bit Extreme.

(28 Jun 2014, 9:37 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I have much better idea, we stand outside the Nexus HQ in Newcastle with a Massive Banner and our Cameras, and Perhaps get the Bus Operators on board also and have a demonstration against QCS while we are at it, Well maybe not the Second Part as it's bit Extreme.
Adam you are a legend one of the finest bus spotters in North East good thinking

(28 Jun 2014, 9:54 pm)Racer_Experience Adam you are a legend one of the finest bus spotters in North East good thinking

Had a thought on what the Banner could say, and thanks for those kind words Bazza, Back on Topic.

"We're Not Terrorists, We're Bus Enthusiasts"

RE: Trespassing - Adrian - 28 Jun 2014

It's pointless. They'd be more than happy to let you stand there all week. Banner or not. It's not something that's going to gain massive support.

The cameras in the interchange en mass was an idea because it's basic, doesn't require anyone to do anything, and gets their attention.

(28 Jun 2014, 10:41 pm)aureolin It's pointless. They'd be more than happy to let you stand there all week. Banner or not. It's not something that's going to gain massive support.

The cameras in the interchange en mass was an idea because it's basic, doesn't require anyone to do anything, and gets their attention.

It would work brilliantly if we all stood in separate spots than moved around occasionally, rather than stood together in a Massive Group.

RE: Trespassing - Tom - 29 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 10:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey It would work brilliantly if we all stood in separate spots than moved around occasionally, rather than stood together in a Massive Group.

No, that would just cause more trouble.

Re: RE: Trespassing - MrFozz - 29 Jun 2014

(28 Jun 2014, 9:37 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I have much better idea, we stand outside the Nexus HQ in Newcastle with a Massive Banner and our Cameras, and Perhaps get the Bus Operators on board also and have a demonstration against QCS while we are at it, Well maybe not the Second Part as it's bit Extreme.

Would bus operators themselves really care about our predicament, somehow I doubt it

(28 Jun 2014, 10:41 pm)aureolin It's pointless. They'd be more than happy to let you stand there all week. Banner or not. It's not something that's going to gain massive support.

Aurelion is right here Adam, they will just look and laugh at us muppets stood outside

(28 Jun 2014, 10:45 pm)NEBCD Malarkey It would work brilliantly if we all stood in separate spots than moved around occasionally, rather than stood together in a Massive Group.

If a group stood around separately, you can be picked off 1 by 1...

Look what needs to be done here is to try and open a line of communication with Nexus, we want to know what the problem is about us taking photos in an interchange and why they have forbidden it, let's face it, turning en-masse will only antagonise Nexus and as funny as it would be, do we really want to do that, do we want to give them an opportunity to pick on us every time they see us.

Do things the right way and use something like a protest as a last resort

RE: Trespassing - northern156 - 29 Jun 2014

Would have been the same pr*ck that ushered me away the other week.

I'd be very happy to help in a protest if one goes ahead!

RE: Trespassing - Diamond One - 29 Jun 2014

(29 Jun 2014, 7:42 am)northern156 Would have been the same pr*ck that ushered me away the other week.

I'd be very happy to help in a protest if one goes ahead!
I will support ya but a protest is a last resort (not that papa roach song)