North East Buses
Trespassing - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Off-topic bus chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=50)
+--- Thread: Trespassing (/showthread.php?tid=1086)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Trespassing - Diamond One - 03 Aug 2014

something odd i found on facebook earlier about a bus spotter going mad over he cannot be the 1st for everything and he wants to get things before anyone i say big deal were not all the 1st for everything its only luck e.g once when the Whey Aye Five 0 brand came out on 50/50A i knew i wasn't gonna be the 1st but wasn't bothered about that but then accidently i came the 1st when the South Tyne pulled up outta the blue on my own turf waited 2 hours til it came back but was worth it then i said should i go to Chester-le-Street then i said no theres plenty of time for that i got them all at a slow pace instead of being the 1st which am not bothered about anymore but that day i planned a trip to Chester-le-Street but ended up staying on my own turf but obviously this Sam Ridley is jelous he wants to be the 1st for everything which he cannot get only but luck or chance is how i get it and another incident i was at Heworth once a Northern Dart had broken down on 27 (no longer in the fleet) then 4947 came along all fully branded in Highwayman vinals me and Anthony Armitage were quiet suprised to see it happen and already off route on my local route caught it at Heworth and my own turf and we cannot be the 1st for everything i think everyone knows that its just luck p.s Sam Ridley sounds thretening

Bus Station Photos - mrnut85 - 04 Aug 2014

I was very disappointed to see 2 enthusiasts walking across areas that are not for the general public just to get a photo of a bus. Is it any wonder that nexus and the bus companies have a problem with enthusiasts.

RE: Bus Station Photos - Michael - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 6:38 pm)mrnut85 I was very disappointed to see 2 enthusiasts walking across areas that are not for the general public just to get a photo of a bus. Is it any wonder that nexus and the bus companies have a problem with enthusiasts.

I was in Stanley last week and seen 2 people standing in middle of the road for photos of the Diamonds at the stands.

RE: Trespassing - Dan - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 6:38 pm)mrnut85 I was very disappointed to see 2 enthusiasts walking across areas that are not for the general public just to get a photo of a bus. Is it any wonder that nexus and the bus companies have a problem with enthusiasts.

Based on my own sightings and photographs I've seen over the past few days since the demonstrator Merc entered service, I'm guessing you chose to put this in the Go North East section of the forum because you've seen someone run out to get a photo of it... We've discussed this topic at length in this thread, so I've chosen to move it here.

To add my input to this discussion, several photographs have appeared online from more 'well respected' enthusiasts - one of whom you jointly manage a Flickr photostream with - committing the same crime, as it were. I can only imagine that you were disappointed to see those too?

Gateshead Interchange:
https://flic.kr/p/oxPXSQ

MetroCentre:
https://flic.kr/p/ohekPb
https://flic.kr/p/ohekZw

I wouldn't suggest that bus companies do have a problem with enthusiasts. Some ignorant, narrow-minded drivers do, but that's their opinion, and that can't be changed. The companies themselves certainly don't. I know many of us are in contact with members of staff who are employed by 'the big three', and surely if these companies had an issue with enthusiasts, they'd ignore any messages or e-mails sent by enthusiasts?

Nexus doesn't have an issue with enthusiasts taking photographs from safe designated places. They have an issue because enthusiasts choose not to follow these guidelines - but the problem is that there's nothing which actually addresses where photographs can and cannot be taken, and bus station supervisors have to converse with enthusiasts instead. If Nexus (and other parties) took the opportunity to be more enthusiast-friendly by having a section on their website or sticking posters up, perhaps enthusiasts would start listening to what they want...

RE: Trespassing - Tom - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 6:51 pm)Dan Based on my own sightings and photographs I've seen over the past few days since the demonstrator Merc entered service, I'm guessing you chose to put this in the Go North East section of the forum because you've seen someone run out to get a photo of it... We've discussed this topic at length in this thread, so I've chosen to move it here.

To add my input to this discussion, several photographs have appeared online from more 'well respected' enthusiasts - one of whom you jointly manage a Flickr photostream with - committing the same crime, as it were. I can only imagine that you were disappointed to see those too?

Gateshead Interchange:

MetroCentre:

I wouldn't suggest that bus companies do have a problem with enthusiasts. Some ignorant, narrow-minded drivers do, but that's their opinion, and that can't be changed. The companies themselves certainly don't. I know many of us are in contact with members of staff who are employed by 'the big three', and surely if these companies had an issue with enthusiasts, they'd ignore any messages or e-mails sent by enthusiasts?

Nexus doesn't have an issue with enthusiasts taking photographs from safe designated places. They have an issue because enthusiasts choose not to follow these guidelines - but the problem is that there's nothing which actually addresses where photographs can and cannot be taken, and bus station supervisors have to converse with enthusiasts instead. If Nexus (and other parties) took the opportunity to be more enthusiast-friendly by having a section on their website or sticking posters up, perhaps enthusiasts would start listening to what they want...

It's certain people that have ruined it for us spotters who aren't doing anything wrong - but I won't mention any names. I've saw someone running across the road and nearly getting knocked over by a Solar!

RE: Trespassing - Adrian - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 6:51 pm)Dan Based on my own sightings and photographs I've seen over the past few days since the demonstrator Merc entered service, I'm guessing you chose to put this in the Go North East section of the forum because you've seen someone run out to get a photo of it... We've discussed this topic at length in this thread, so I've chosen to move it here.

Gateshead Interchange:

MetroCentre:

It's OK if Steven Hodgson does it though. Wink

You're right about Nexus though. The latest I've had is that the stance remains that they'll assist enthusiasts in finding a safe and suitable place to take photos from, but they won't tolerate stupid behaviour, trespass, nor those taking a photo at the expense of the experience of customers using the bus station.

I reckon the only way Nexus will ever change their policy is if people started to respect the rules. No photo is worth standing in a daft place to get, and in any case, the bus doesn't just do circles around a bus station so go and find somewhere else along the route to take that 'exclusive' shot.

Re: RE: Trespassing - mrnut85 - 04 Aug 2014

Gateshead Interchange:

MetroCentre:

I do know that he uses a zoom lense but I can clearly see that a zoom wasn't used to take a rear shot lol. Myself and Half Pint managed a perfectly good photo while standing on a path behind a fence that was accessed by 2 zebra crossings yet the 2 we witnessed decided to walk straight across and stand in what I'd call a very stupid place

RE: Trespassing - Malarkey - 04 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 8:12 pm)mrnut85 I do know that he uses a zoom lense but I can clearly see that a zoom wasn't used to take a rear shot lol. Myself and Half Pint managed a perfectly good photo while standing on a path behind a fence that was accessed by 2 zebra crossings yet the 2 we witnessed decided to walk straight across and stand in what I'd call a very stupid place

Looking at the first photo at Gateshead Interchange alone, I think he was standing on one of the small islands on the Entrance/Exit to Gateshead Interchange, could of quite easily of been hit in the face or the back of head by a Wing Mirror, Particularly by an X66 Artic which almost swings around as it comes it Gateshead, due to the Vehicle being so big.

As for the ones at the Metrocentre, particularly the one of the Rear, there is no excuse to stand in the middle of the Road, when there is a Public Footpath a few footsteps behind him. 2nd Photo at the MetroCentre I am not too sure on, obviously we all knoe he more than likely darted across from the S1 Stand into that Position, and the same back over.

But he have done the following, by following the Yellow Line in the Print Screen Below, Very Doubtful I must admit, but I would say there maybe an argument for and against said spot. As it does look safely accessible as shown below.

[attachment=5812]

Hopefully I will get some Photos on Thursday as didn't over the weekend, I promise they'll from safe Locations, might chuck in a few along the Route also.

RE: Trespassing - Andreos1 - 04 Aug 2014

Tresspassing?

RE: Trespassing - Rapidsnap - 04 Aug 2014

And for the sheer sake of it. Here is my photo of the Merc Demo today and not a bus station in sight.

RE: Trespassing - Tom - 05 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 11:16 pm)GMitchelhill And for the sheer sake of it. Here is my photo of the Merc Demo today and not a bus station in sight.

Nice shot - I'm going to be aiming for a better one sometime.

RE: Trespassing - Diamond One - 05 Aug 2014

(04 Aug 2014, 11:16 pm)GMitchelhill And for the sheer sake of it. Here is my photo of the Merc Demo today and not a bus station in sight.

and my photo taken at a bus stop near Riverside depot

RE: Trespassing - Malarkey - 05 Aug 2014

Nice Photo Gary, I took a few at Gateshead Interchange and MetroCentre, then I took photos at the following Locations.

Just before the Buses go up the Bank and around into Metrocentre Interchange. And then I got the 44 from Riverside to Teams, Before walking from Teams all the way back to Gateshead, Taking Photos at the Traffic Lights at Bottom of Rose Street at Teams, On the Centrelink, followed by High Level Road/Wellington Street and finally Askew Road. In Total I have around 20 Photos of 9120 on the X66.

RE: Trespassing - Diamond One - 15 Aug 2014

I was on a bus 6117 heading to Jarrow on 9 then these kids took a photo on Nexus property on 17:59 bus on 9 today 15/08/2014 where the 35 stops security staff were nowhere to be seen when I take photos nowadays am either In a safe zone where nexus tell us to take photos or am where that church is but these kids really pissed me off that they didn't get caught

RE: Trespassing - Rapidsnap - 16 Aug 2014

I wouldn't let the fact someone taking a photo in the bus station get to you.

Without a doubt, hundreds of photos are taken in the bus station. Ok not of buses themselves, but people taking selfies of themself with the comment sigh bus late again #needtogetcar #uselessbuses #waitingforever #selfie.

Re: RE: Trespassing - Dan - 16 Aug 2014

(16 Aug 2014, 12:11 am)GMitchelhill I wouldn't let the fact someone taking a photo in the bus station get to you.

Without a doubt, hundreds of photos are taken in the bus station. Ok not of buses themselves, but people taking selfies of themself with the comment sigh bus late again #needtogetcar #uselessbuses #waitingforever #selfie.
Interesting point to make actually.

I don't see how that should be considered any different to us taking photos, as taking selfies certainly could mean looking at your phone opposed to in the direction you're walking, then causing a few bumps.

RE: Trespassing - gtom - 17 Aug 2014

Well this well constructed rant on Facebook absolutely did not make anyone look a bit crazy...

Quote:one Bus Spotter named Sam Ridley is being horrible to Go North East he is bad mouthing passengers, shouting at drivers, being rude to Nexus, being horrible to bus spotters and making up lies about the company saying he wants to become head boss and manager he tells lies alot, he breaks into depots when he video records one driver told him to stop in a calm way which sam refused to do took 7 staff to make him stop recording a video i mean if i was a driver i would not like to be video recorded if say stop but he wouldn't Nexus staff and Go North East staff are now pig sick of him now could ya send a letter to this Sam Ridley or email him next time he emails ya

RE: Trespassing - MurdnunoC - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 5:53 pm)gtom Well this well constructed rant on Facebook absolutely did not make anyone look a bit crazy...

Quote:one Bus Spotter named Sam Ridley is being horrible to Go North East he is bad mouthing passengers, shouting at drivers, being rude to Nexus, being horrible to bus spotters and making up lies about the company saying he wants to become head boss and manager he tells lies alot, he breaks into depots when he video records one driver told him to stop in a calm way which sam refused to do took 7 staff to make him stop recording a video i mean if i was a driver i would not like to be video recorded if say stop but he wouldn't Nexus staff and Go North East staff are now pig sick of him now could ya send a letter to this Sam Ridley or email him next time he emails ya

1) Surely that's an aspiration not a lie.
2) WWE Nexus originally had seven members. I always wondered what Tyson Tarver was doing these days.

RE: Trespassing - gtom - 17 Aug 2014

Worryingly GNE replied...

RE: Trespassing - stueybish - 17 Aug 2014

(17 Aug 2014, 6:17 pm)AdamY 1) Surely that's an aspiration not a lie.
2) WWE Nexus originally had seven members. I always wondered what Tyson Tarver was doing these days.

It seems that the author of this diatribe, has not heeded the well intended advice of others and continues to make slanderous remarks about others, whilst being under the impression that Nexus can impose bans on people being in public places.

Enthusiasts are made to look stupid because of people like this. He needs to learn that not everybody wants to be his friend. This is a fact of life. And just because people do not want to be his friend, or indeed just simply see the world through his eyes, is not a reason to try and get them sacked by making up fairy stories even Roald Dahl would have been proud of.

And PLEASE do not play the disability card again - you know what your are doing, you are not as stupid as you make out to be!

PS. My management have been tipped off, so save yourself the effort of an e-mail.....