North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DaveFromUpNorth - 19 Feb 2024

(16 Sep 2023, 7:38 pm)j986986 Any frequency changes expected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully they make them every 10 minutes on weekdays and every 20 on a Sunday because sometimes the single deckers are full before you leave Killingworth…

(19 Feb 2024, 8:23 pm)Storx Aye possibly, but I'd argue having Heaton served properly would be better. Suppose you could go to the end of Heaton Road, then onto Sheilds Road then Heaton Park Road if the demand was there. At that time of night, it won't take long tbh.

Quite surprisingly it is quite a positive move if you think about it...

Not only is it creating an evening bus early morning night bus from city centre via Byker then Chilli Road - I would actually divert it to go via Sainsbury then freeman hosp and back along to FLE metro to Quorum (Greggs country-style foods) continuing to Killingworth to house a very large housing area on the loop but it also serves the factory with a short walk to west Rock Burradon Camperdown for Fenwick and John Lewis factory. 

You also have cleaners but there a 91 service that could connect at Byker heading to Team Valley  very early so linking FLE metro and Chilli Road Metro for first commuters is also beneficial 

Country foods has also reccently took on the old Rowantree food site at Fawdon so if that has early morning shifts I can see possibly an agreement in the future for another early morning service perhaps? 

Creating night buses is what we should welcome as it opens options wether it's the drunks in town to cleaners starting early morning to workers finishing in the city centre in the hospitality sector 

We need more night buses after all nearly a quarter of all jobs in the North east are actually nightshift work!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 20 Feb 2024

(19 Feb 2024, 11:24 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Quite surprisingly it is quite a positive move if you think about it...

Not only is it creating an evening bus early morning night bus from city centre via Byker then Chilli Road - I would actually divert it to go via Sainsbury then freeman hosp and back along to FLE metro to Quorum (Greggs country-style foods) continuing to Killingworth to house a very large housing area on the loop but it also serves the factory with a short walk to west Rock Burradon Camperdown for Fenwick and John Lewis factory. 

You also have cleaners but there a 91 service that could connect at Byker heading to Team Valley  very early so linking FLE metro and Chilli Road Metro for first commuters is also beneficial 

Country foods has also reccently took on the old Rowantree food site at Fawdon so if that has early morning shifts I can see possibly an agreement in the future for another early morning service perhaps? 

Creating night buses is what we should welcome as it opens options wether it's the drunks in town to cleaners starting early morning to workers finishing in the city centre in the hospitality sector 

We need more night buses after all nearly a quarter of all jobs in the North east are actually nightshift work!

Honestly don't disagree with that all if I had to be honest, totally agreed thought. The old Rowntree Food site would be an ideal place to be served by the 'Green Line' Metro night bus, it's pretty much directly inbetween the Fawdon and Kingston Park.

Bizarrely the best route at night would probably be the new 35 route but extending from Fawdon through to the airport via Kingston Park. Doesn't make much money during the day since it duplicates the Metro mostly, but take the Metro away and the thing becomes a lot more attractive.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Andreos1 - 20 Feb 2024

(19 Feb 2024, 11:24 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Quite surprisingly it is quite a positive move if you think about it...

We can't have bus operators creating services that meet the needs of the public though. 
That goes against everything they've done for the last however many years! 

We need to remember the public are a mere inconvience to the operators making money and running services in a way that meets their needs.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - deanmachine - 20 Feb 2024

(20 Feb 2024, 9:10 am)Storx Honestly don't disagree with that all if I had to be honest, totally agreed thought. The old Rowntree Food site would be an ideal place to be served by the 'Green Line' Metro night bus, it's pretty much directly inbetween the Fawdon and Kingston Park.

Bizarrely the best route at night would probably be the new 35 route but extending from Fawdon through to the airport via Kingston Park. Doesn't make much money during the day since it duplicates the Metro mostly, but take the Metro away and the thing becomes a lot more attractive.

I think that would probably be the best case for a night network, replicate the metro, but using existing bus routes already keep. For Sunderland, keep the 56 as its already in use and goes past Nissan, 27 for South Tyneside, I'm not an expert north of the Tyne except the metro replacement routes, but two buses to Whitley Bay using either side of the loop, and that 35 but extended to the Airport. I don't think they need to follow the metro precisely but roughly through the areas served.

Hopefully if franchising happens they can do something like this, and integrate metro tickets through the night.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 20 Feb 2024

(20 Feb 2024, 11:45 am)deanmachine I think that would probably be the best case for a night network, replicate the metro, but using existing bus routes already keep. For Sunderland, keep the 56 as its already in use and goes past Nissan, 27 for South Tyneside, I'm not an expert north of the Tyne except the metro replacement routes, but two buses to Whitley Bay using either side of the loop, and that 35 but extended to the Airport. I don't think they need to follow the metro precisely but roughly through the areas served.

Hopefully if franchising happens they can do something like this, and integrate metro tickets through the night.

Yeah totally agreed, for North of the Tyne

either the 1 or 22 (extended to Whitley Bay) would be the best for the bottom half.

The other half is a little bit more complicated as there's not really anything, probably have to make a new route for it really, as it's kinda the 351/353/354/355/57/57A in bits.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Arty2005 - 20 Feb 2024

(19 Feb 2024, 10:38 pm)Aaron21 I was told they had lost then unless were still not in the process of the nexus tenders being awarded

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Aaron21 - 24 Feb 2024

Confirmation from a Stagecoach driver last night.

Stagecoach have lost the 317 and their last running day will be Saturday 23rd of March. He also confirmed stagecoach won nothing in the tenders

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 24 Feb 2024

(24 Feb 2024, 8:19 am)Aaron21 Confirmation from a Stagecoach driver last night.

Stagecoach have lost the 317 and their last running day will be Saturday 23rd of March. He also confirmed stagecoach won nothing in the tenders

It isn’t true that Stagecoach won nothing.

(24 Feb 2024, 8:31 am)Dan It isn’t true that Stagecoach won nothing.

Only the we know they have new is the 787 but that's it. Wonder when the nexus tenders will be posted

(24 Feb 2024, 8:37 am)Aaron21 Only the we know they have new is the 787 but that's it. Wonder when the nexus tenders will be posted

The 10-day cooling off period has now finished, so the winning operators will be registering services soon (probably next week).

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Coastliner700 - 24 Feb 2024

(24 Feb 2024, 8:19 am)Aaron21 Confirmation from a Stagecoach driver last night.

Guess that means the walkergate fleet of E200s won’t be needed any longer

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 24 Feb 2024

(24 Feb 2024, 8:31 am)Dan It isn’t true that Stagecoach won nothing.

Maybe true that they won nothing new compared to what they have now? I couldn't see them losing the likes of the 18, 32/32A and 35.

(24 Feb 2024, 10:39 am)Thomas12 Maybe true that they won nothing new compared to what they have now? I couldn't see them losing the likes of the 18, 32/32A and 35.

That may be closer to the truth.

Think the rumours must have got to passengers about the 317 quick, on the bus this morning and they seem to think it’s been withdrawn completely (which I’m assuming definitely won’t be the case)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Coastliner700 - 24 Feb 2024

(24 Feb 2024, 10:54 am)Dan That may be closer to the truth.

I would think so too but stranger things have happened. GNE ran 33 for a good few years that was once a Stagecoach stalwart. 35 has had money pumped into and contract extended it doesn’t necessarily mean Stagecoach is the way forward. Nexus will go with what’s cheapest

(24 Feb 2024, 10:54 am)Dan That may be closer to the truth.

I would think so too but stranger things have happened. GNE ran 33 for a good few years that was once a Stagecoach stalwart. 35 has had money pumped into and contract extended it doesn’t necessarily mean Stagecoach is the way forward. Nexus will go with what’s cheapest

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 24 Feb 2024

Stagecoach lost the 317, i call BS, just like when they said they had won the 51-55 when Arriva withdrew, be funny if GNE get it back though after withdrawing the 11/41 from the Howdon area

(24 Feb 2024, 1:49 pm)V514DFT Stagecoach lost the 317, i call BS, just like when they said they had won the 51-55 when Arriva withdrew, be funny if GNE get it back though after withdrawing the 11/41 from the Howdon area

It's true sadly. Confirmed by a driver that I know who drives it on the evening

(24 Feb 2024, 1:49 pm)V514DFT Stagecoach lost the 317, i call BS, just like when they said they had won the 51-55 when Arriva withdrew, be funny if GNE get it back though after withdrawing the 11/41 from the Howdon area

52-55 aren’t contracts (only the 51 is) so when did they say they won them?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - V514DFT - 24 Feb 2024

(24 Feb 2024, 2:07 pm)Thomas12 52-55 aren’t contracts (only the 51 is) so when did they say they won them?

Ahhhh was last year when they were axed, one of the drivers was under the impression they had won what is now the 351-355

(24 Feb 2024, 1:58 pm)Aaron21 It's true sadly. Confirmed by a driver that I know who drives it on the evening

Doesnt mean jack, i know 2 drivers and i've asked them both, and they've said nothing has been mentioned

(24 Feb 2024, 5:11 pm)V514DFT Ahhhh was last year when they were axed, one of the drivers was under the impression they had won what is now the 351-355

Doesnt mean jack, i know 2 drivers and i've asked them both, and they've said nothing has been mentioned

From what I’ve gathered today I do believe the 317 has been won by Go North East