North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - RBZ 5459 - 06 Mar 2018

(05 Mar 2018, 8:45 pm)Michael Overnight closures of S/bound A19 (A1290 to A1231) from Sun 22 Apr to Fri 4 May for resurfacing affecting X24
05 Mar 2018 to 09 May 2018
We have been informed by Sunderland Council and Nexus that from Sunday 22 April to Friday 4 May 2018, between 20:00 and 06:00 each night, the Southbound section of the A19 (A1290 to A1231) will be closed for essential resurfacing works to take place.

Due to the closure of the A19, the final service X24 each day may have to divert and follow one of the alternative registered routes to Sunderland.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience, delays or disruptions these works may cause and thank passengers for their patience and understanding.

What are these "alternative registered routes to Sunderland".

The X24 will have TC approved variations for traffic issues, would half expect there to be one for if the entirety of the A19 is shut. That section closure could mean off the A19 at A1290 through Hylton Castle/Castle Town to rejoin the A19 at the A1231. Looks to be the most direct route following the A19.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Kuyoyo - 12 Mar 2018

PB0002404/9 Registered (Short notice)
BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD
Route: Killingworth to North Walbottle or Chapel House
Service number: 6263 (62, 63)
Service type: Normal Stopping
Effective date: 18 Mar 2018

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 17 Mar 2018

Normal Sunday service on Good Friday and Easter Sunday over the Easter weekend, X24/X34 will run on Good Friday and Easter Sunday:

Service X24 - Special daytime timetable, every 30 minutes. From Sunderland between 1007 and 1637, and from Newcastle between 1055 and 1725.

Service X34 - Special daytime service, every 30 minutes. From Harton Nook between 1014 and 1614, and from Newcastle between 1110 and 1710.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - GuyParkRoyal - 17 Mar 2018

(17 Mar 2018, 10:26 am)Michael Normal Sunday service on Good Friday and Easter Sunday over the Easter weekend, X24/X34 will run on Good Friday and Easter Sunday:

Service X24 - Special daytime timetable, every 30 minutes. From Sunderland between 1007 and 1637, and from Newcastle between 1055 and 1725.

Service X34 - Special daytime service, every 30 minutes. From Harton Nook between 1014 and 1614, and from Newcastle between 1110 and 1710.

Running the X24/34 on Easter Sunday is a strange one considering most retailers have to close on that day. While it is good news for the people that might wish to use the services I think Stagecoach will make a loss on those Easter Sunday workings.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Ds1197 - 17 Mar 2018

(17 Mar 2018, 11:29 am)GuyParkRoyal Running the X24/34 on Easter Sunday is a strange one considering most retailers have to close on that day. While it is good news for the people that might wish to use the services I think Stagecoach will make a loss on those Easter Sunday workings.

I think he meant Easter Monday

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 17 Mar 2018

(17 Mar 2018, 1:25 pm)Ds1197 I think he meant Easter Monday

Opp's i did!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 17 Mar 2018

Bank Holiday timetable online for X34 shows the old loop for the route as opposed to the recently change of direction

Timetable shows Harton Nook - Marsden - Horsley Hill - Harton Nook. Which is what the route used to to do but not any longer. This is going to confuse people if this timetable is correct.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - big mac - 19 Mar 2018

(17 Mar 2018, 11:29 am)GuyParkRoyal Running the X24/34 on Easter Sunday is a strange one considering most retailers have to close on that day. While it is good news for the people that might wish to use the services I think Stagecoach will make a loss on those Easter Sunday workings.

Would there be a demand for an all year round Sunday service on the X24/X34, rather than just the ones they put on in the run up to Christmas?
I've long found it surprising that the X34 in particular doesn't have a Sunday service at all given how busy it can get.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 19 Mar 2018

(19 Mar 2018, 6:27 pm)big mac Would there be a demand for an all year round Sunday service on the X24/X34, rather than just the ones they put on in the run up to Christmas?
I've long found it surprising that the X34 in particular doesn't have a Sunday service at all given how busy it can get.

This has been fed back to SNE who replied agas ago that Sunday service had been trialled and had not been successful. I've used the X34 since its introductiona back in 1999/2000 and other than the Xmas Sundays there has never been a trial as claimed by SNE.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 20 Mar 2018

PB0002404/320 Registered
Route: Discovery Museum to Discovery Museum
Service number: LS1 (LS1)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 19 May 2018

PB0002404/319 Registered
Route: Great Park Park and Ride to Newcastle Racecourse
Service number: NECC3 (CC3)
Effective date: 20 May 2018

PB0002404/318 Registered
Route: Quorum Business Park to Newcastle Racecourse
Service number: NECC2 (CC2)
Effective date: 20 May 2018

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 28 Mar 2018

Nexus website showing timetable changes to Shields services 1 and 2 (the early weekend morning 3/4 prior to 11am)

Anyone know what the time changes are?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 28 Mar 2018

(28 Mar 2018, 6:10 pm)ifm001 Nexus website showing timetable changes to Shields services 1 and 2 (the early weekend morning 3/4 prior to 11am)

Anyone know what the time changes are?

3 and 4 changes below

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-28/03/2018-15:27:19:991

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 11 Apr 2018

Disruption to Stagecoach services on Sunday 13 May 2018 for the Sunderland Half Marathon and 10k races

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/03/2018-14:57:03:546

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Apr 2018

Driver on the 18 mentioned the 18 could be changing in June/July to go over the new bridge, then through the enterprise park then back on to its current route at Queen Alex Bridge towards Southwick.

Just driver talk but thought i would share.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - idiot - 12 Apr 2018

(11 Apr 2018, 5:29 pm)Michael Disruption to Stagecoach services on Sunday 13 May 2018 for the Sunderland Half Marathon and 10k races

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-29/03/2018-14:57:03:546

Should make them run about a park or go off road instead. It's what they do with cyclists.

Sunderland Council wouldn't host the national championships cycling event as they were offered.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Cock Robin - 12 Apr 2018

(12 Apr 2018, 9:38 am)idiot Should make them run about a park or go off road instead. It's what they do with cyclists.

Sunderland Council wouldn't host the national championships cycling event as they were offered.

Agree!

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Dan - 12 Apr 2018

(12 Apr 2018, 7:09 am)Michael Driver on the 18 mentioned the 18 could be changing in June/July to go over the new bridge, then through the enterprise park then back on to its current route at Queen Alex Bridge towards Southwick.

Just driver talk but thought i would share.

Makes sense in terms of attracting more fare-paying passengers - potential workers on the Enterprise Park - but imagine this decision would cause a bit of uproar.

A fair amount of pensioners use the 18 service to get to the Gala Bingo, near Queen Alexandra Bridge. Some of them would be able to catch the 11 as an alternative, but not all. Seems like they're not all that bothered, though, as Hylton Estate (near the Sunderland Crematorium and Round Robin), where again there a number of elderly residents, is still without a bus service since the 8 was re-routed.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 12 Apr 2018

(12 Apr 2018, 10:47 am)Dan Makes sense in terms of attracting more fare-paying passengers - potential workers on the Enterprise Park - but imagine this decision would cause a bit of uproar.

A fair amount of pensioners use the 18 service to get to the Gala Bingo, near Queen Alexandra Bridge. Some of them would be able to catch the 11 as an alternative, but not all. Seems like they're not all that bothered, though, as Hylton Estate (near the Sunderland Crematorium and Round Robin), where again there a number of elderly residents, is still without a bus service since the 8 was re-routed.

I work down that way so the 18, dependig on which way it'll go, could work for me.

Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - cbma06 - 12 Apr 2018

(12 Apr 2018, 10:47 am)Dan Makes sense in terms of attracting more fare-paying passengers - potential workers on the Enterprise Park - but imagine this decision would cause a bit of uproar.

I’m surprised GNE didn’t step in and divert 2x 39’s as 39A’s along the old 13/14 route between bottom of nookside from town up to round Robin and along Helmsdale road back to bottom of nookside then to town .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 13 Apr 2018

Only problem is, it'll add time on to the route, which i don't think it'll be any help on the route (as its one of the routes not really used, so not sure if Stagecoach would want to add an extra bus on to the PVR), it'll have to come across the new bridge, along A1231, to Colima Avenue then all the away long timber beach road, back to North End of the bridge, it'll add least 15 minutes in (added extra time on for peak times and we don't know how much traffic will actually use the new bridge yet).

Only thing they could do, is drop the Gilley Law section but that means, Springwell and Thorney Close could loose the service, as i would imagine it would terminate at Grindon after coming from Pennywell.

Would work really well for me, as i use the 18 to work, but depends on how long it would take and when it would arrive at the enterprise park...

Route could be: Grindon - Pennywell - Pallion - Enterprise Park - Southwick - Seaburn