North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes (/showthread.php?tid=1032)

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 04 Mar 2022

PB0002404/389
New BUSWAYS TRAVEL SERVICES LTD 19 (19) Sunderland, Downhill Seaburn

Effective date: 15 Apr 2022
End date: 04 Sep 2022

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Train8261 - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 5:46 pm)Michael PB0002404/389

Can understand this. It was really well received

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DaveFromUpNorth - 04 Mar 2022

Good news personally i think if you are near or passing a Metro Station or Bus station a loop past the bus station should be utilised

I also think any secured services should go via a interchange or hub

Looking at Wallsend

Yes the high Street the bus stops all around but often the buses don't go to the bus station which connects to the Metro - we assume most people can walk or feel safe walking distances

Creating an easy connection hub is what is needed

I may be cynical but personally I think the new 317 service should go via Jarrow Bus Station

Crazy thought but from North Shields head through the tunnel to Jarrow Bus Station then to Wallsend Bus Station

And Vice Verser

The connection from Jarrow to Wallsend would be the key and if it is Nexus Secured there is no commercial liability

(04 Mar 2022, 8:37 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Good news personally i think if you are near or passing a Metro Station or Bus station a loop past the bus station should be utilised

Looking at Wallsend

Yes the high Street the bus stops all around but often the buses don't go to the bus station which connects to the Metro - we assume most people can walk or feel safe walking distances

I may be cynical but personally I think the new 317 service should go via Jarrow Bus Station

Crazy thought but from North Shields head through the tunnel to Jarrow Bus Station then to  Wallsend Bus Station

And Vice Verser

The connection from Jarrow to Wallsend would be the key and if it is Nexus Secured there is no commercial liability
Could replace the South Shields 10/11

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Omega54 - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 8:39 pm)Train8261 Could replace the South Shields 10/11
Would you not think a possible extension of the new GNE 11 or 310 to Amazon/Heworth might be quite good Via Jarrow.

Opens up links for people working at Amazon who need to cross the tyne, so they don't pay the fee.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 8:37 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Good news personally i think if you are near or passing a Metro Station or Bus station a loop past the bus station should be utilised

Looking at Wallsend

Crazy thought but from North Shields head through the tunnel to Jarrow Bus Station then to  Wallsend Bus Station

And Vice Verser

I'm not sure how plausible it would be timetabling wise but if you wanted to do that I'd split the service 3 ways and maybe use Percy Main Metro as a hub.

So you'd have 3 services with them all interworking at Percy Main, pick whatever numbers.

R1 - Whitley Bay to South Shields hourly
R2 - Whitley Bay to Wallsend hourly.
R3 - Wallsend to South Shields hourly.

If you could timetable it right you'd end up not really losing anything but creating new links in the process with:

R1/R2 - 30 minute service between Whitley Bay and Percy Main
R2/R3 - 30 minute service between Wallsend and Percy Main
R1/R3 - 30 minute service between Percy Main and Jarrow

In the process you've linked Wallsend and South Shields/Jarrow with a service at the same time and also gave a hourly service from Whitley Bay across the Tyne direct.

(04 Mar 2022, 8:45 pm)Omega54 Would you not think a possible extension of the new GNE 11 or 310 to Amazon/Heworth might be quite good Via Jarrow.

Opens up links for people working at Amazon who need to cross the tyne, so they don't pay the fee.
If a thing like that was possible 

Gne would have to see if anyone lives in NT to do a link like that otherwise it would be pointless 

310 could do it but wouldn't it be a bit overkill to send the service from North Shields to Follingsby via Jarrow. I mean it would save anyone who uses the metro on the South Shields line

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rapidsnap - 04 Mar 2022

Somehow I don't think the residents of Percy Main will be pleased with the amount of buses you suggest, it's already bad enough of a rat run as it is.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Omega54 - 04 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 11:27 pm)Rapidsnap Somehow I don't think the residents of Percy Main will be pleased with the amount of buses you suggest, it's already bad enough of a rat run as it is.
I don't think They need to worry about percy main depot for much longer, chances are it will be gone in a few years.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 05 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 11:27 pm)Rapidsnap Somehow I don't think the residents of Percy Main will be pleased with the amount of buses you suggest, it's already bad enough of a rat run as it is.

It's only 3 buses an hour, not that many in both directions. Believe the 11 already serves it in one direction only anyway already if I'm right. Not sure on the 317.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rapidsnap - 05 Mar 2022

11 and probably the 317 when it become active service PM in both directions. Wallsend bound buses loop around the roundabout and go back on themselves to enter the village operating past the cricket club.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DaveFromUpNorth - 05 Mar 2022

Making percy main as a hub for connections actually weakens connectivity

Making Wallsend Bus Station as a hub to connectivity creates physiological connections

If as a tax payer I'm paying £40 an hour for a seured service to connect to a hub and a secured service is not connecting to a "integrated service hub" questions need to be asked

Atm to go from Jarrow Bus Station to Anywhere close to a work environment North of the Tyne like Silverlink or Cobalt its a 90+ min journey with a forced connection at Haymarket

When the metro Is off or the ferry is off we have created a link let's face it

Ferry is dependent on wind and water to disrupt it

Metro you just need leaves

Creating a hub barrier and link could increase passenger numbers too

Percy main residence would welcome increased Bus links?

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Thomas12 - 06 Mar 2022

(05 Mar 2022, 11:56 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Making percy main as a hub for connections actually weakens connectivity

Making Wallsend Bus Station as a hub to connectivity creates physiological connections

If as a tax payer I'm paying £40 an hour for a seured service to connect to a hub and a secured service is not connecting to a "integrated service hub" questions need to be asked

Atm to go from Jarrow Bus Station to Anywhere close to a work environment North of the Tyne like Silverlink or Cobalt its a 90+ min journey with a forced connection at Haymarket

Not really, it’s probably about half an hour if you get the 10/11 to Royal Quays and then the 19 to Cobalt.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - LVK 404L - 06 Mar 2022

Do we think perhaps we could see some greater expansion into North Tyneside from SNE at both Newcastle and South Shields depots once the 317 commences and fhe existing 10/11 services from Shields there could be the temptation for more.

Yes presently the 10/11 from South to North takes an age but there is plenty of scope to adapt existing other services or the introduction of new services later on.

Be interesting to see how this develops over time. Could South Shields introduce additional to Tynemouth and Whitley Bay, with direct routes it is a possibility.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 06 Mar 2022

(05 Mar 2022, 11:56 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Making percy main as a hub for connections actually weakens connectivity

See I disagree with Wallsend as it's too out the way. I do agree about the Cobalt comments imo the route going through the tunnel should follow the route below. I know it was a route that Nexus identified years ago but it never happened.

[Image: metro.png]
The route should be all about connecting the Metro lines which don't exist atm. Percy Main makes sense as it's the shortest point between there and Jarrow, it's simple to change on the Metro for those wanting to go to Wallsend, Tynemouth, Whitley Bay or wherever.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - DaveFromUpNorth - 06 Mar 2022

But putting Wallsend Bus Station where most buses serve compared to Percy Main Metro creates the link

You could live in say Walker and get the bus to Wallsend Bus Station to change for one bus to Jarrow or Amazon at Follingsby

I did suggest a few months ago Follingsby Amazon to Jarrow to Wallsend Freeman and Regent Centre

However when Amazon has compiled the survey they can see what the results say

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Storx - 07 Mar 2022

(06 Mar 2022, 9:31 pm)DaveFromUpNorth But putting Wallsend Bus Station where most buses serve compared to Percy Main Metro creates the link

You could live in say Walker and get the bus to Wallsend Bus Station to change for one bus to Jarrow or Amazon at Follingsby

I did suggest a few months ago Follingsby Amazon to Jarrow to Wallsend Freeman and Regent Centre

However when Amazon has compiled the survey they can see what the results say

The thing is though for somewhere like Walker it would be just as quick (once accounting for changes on a 30 minute service) going to Jarrow to get a bus to Monument and then change onto the Metro which are both every 12/15 minutes.

I could imagine it's the same for most places West of the A19. It's arguably people from the East of the A19 who will want a connection via the tunnel. If you pushed the route well I could imagine you could get a few punters South of the Tyne heading through the tunnel to Silverlink similar to many pensioners do to the Arnison. The cinema is much cheaper than Newcastle aswell and there's a Nando's and other stuff and you can get argubly everything you need with a Boots, Argos, M&S, Pound or Less, Halfords, Clothes Shops.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Michael - 07 Mar 2022

(04 Mar 2022, 5:46 pm)Michael PB0002404/389

From the CSV sheet:

Following customer requests, exprimental seasonal service to return for 2022 season with a few minor amends

also.. it starts on Good Friday.

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Train8261 - 07 Mar 2022

(07 Mar 2022, 8:08 pm)Michael From the CSV sheet:

Following customer requests, exprimental seasonal service to return for 2022 season with a few minor amends

also.. it starts on Good Friday.
An extension 

Two buses instead of 1

Worder what that means by a few minor amends

RE: Stagecoach North East: Upcoming Service Changes - Rapidsnap - 08 Mar 2022

27725 is currently out and about on route learning duties. Currently showing a bunch of drivers the 317 route, noted heading into Holy Cross heading to Whitley Bay about 1pm.