North East Buses
2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: 2014-15 Football Season(Who will be the best North East Team) (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

RE: football - MurdnunoC - 17 May 2014

(17 May 2014, 7:24 pm)marxistafozzski I did not watch it, but heard Arsenal were 2 down in 15 minutes, do Hull have only themselves to blame for losing or did Arsenal pile the pressure on later in the fame...

A bit of both. Hull had some decent openings but they kept bottling it whereas Arsenal continued to push and push out of frustration.

(17 May 2014, 7:24 pm)marxistafozzski To the lads going to Wembley tomorrow, best of luck, hopefully you will be coming home as the North Easts latest representatives in the League...

Yeah. Now that the undercard is over and done with - we can look forward to the main event tomorrow!

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 17 May 2014

(17 May 2014, 7:31 pm)AdamY A bit of both. Hull had some decent openings but they kept bottling it whereas Arsenal continued to push and push out of frustration.

Yeah. Now that the undercard is over done with - we can look forward to the main event tomorrow!

I saw the last 3/4 minutes, the cup engraver was tempting fate a bit engraving Arsenal into it before the final whistle, would have been funny if Hull went onto win...Olupo(sic?) should have got a better angle or passed for that open goal when Fabianski was caught in no mans land...

As for tomorrow, cant wait for it, not a Gateshead fan, but I have a lot of respect for Gary Mills, Gateshead deserve it, I can give 54 reasons why they deserve it...It is not only Gateshead who will benefit, but it is good for the North East, the more North East teams in the football league, the better, I want one day to see a division that contains Darlington, Gateshead, York, Scarborough, Halifax, Carlisle and although it will probs never happen, $p£ndymor£ Town as well Big Grin

RE: football - Adrian - 18 May 2014

For those not going down today, BT Sport 2 have the game on live. 414 on Sky.

Re: RE: football - MrFozz - 18 May 2014

(18 May 2014, 8:22 am)aureolin For those not going down today, BT Sport 2 have the game on live. 414 on Sky.

Will have to watch live stream on my phone as I am not subscribed to BT on Sky

RE: football - MurdnunoC - 18 May 2014

Live stream with live commentary from Radio Newcastle for me!

RE: football - Michael - 18 May 2014

Teams for Gateshead FC:

Gateshead XI vs Cambridge United: Bartlett, Baxter, Magnay, Curtis, Clark, Chandler, Turnbull, Oster, Larkin, Marwood, Maddison.

Gateshead subs vs Cambridge United: Hatch, Walker, Lester, Ramshaw, O'Donnell.

Come on Gateshead!

RE: football - MrFozz - 18 May 2014

1-0 Cambridge

RE: football - Malarkey - 18 May 2014

(18 May 2014, 4:11 pm)marxistafozzski 1-0 Cambridge

Doesn't look i'll playing as Gateshead on Fifa 15 when it comes out in a couple month, if the score remains the same.

(18 May 2014, 4:15 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Doesn't look i'll playing as Gateshead on Fifa 15 when it comes out in a couple month, if the score remains the same.

Lol

2-0 Cambridge now...about 20 mins to go

(18 May 2014, 4:30 pm)marxistafozzski 2-0 Cambridge now...about 20 mins to go

Sad, gutted

2-1 now...about 10 mins left plus added time...

Cambridge down to 10 men...Miller off injured and they have used all there subs

Hard lines to Gateshead...

FINAL SCORE
Cambridge 2 v 1 Gateshead

Hard lines Heed Fans...

It is not easy to take defeat especially when the stakes are high, if there is one thing Gateshead staff and supporters can take away from this it is that they are a part of Gateshead history...

Despite the result, I always said getting to the play offs is special and to go to Wembley is even more special...commiserations lads, there is always next season, ir will be hard with Bristol Rovers coming down but I dont see why Gary Mills cannot push for top spot...

Oh well, you lot got to Wembley and nobody can ever take those memories for you...

(18 May 2014, 5:00 pm)marxistafozzski Hard lines to Gateshead...

FINAL SCORE
Cambridge 2 v 1 Gateshead

Bad luck, roll on next season

Had to feel sorry for Cambridge Captain Ian Miller, he looked heartbroken when he was not able to go and recieve the trophy, in tears by all accounts

Too much passing and not enough pushing summed up Gateshead's performance for me today.

While I understand the logic behind the passing game (tiring out your opponents), it's a pointless exercise if you haven't got players who can create opportunities from it. Gateshead were great at passing today. At one point in the game possession of the ball was 70/30 in Gateshead favour and I doubt that figure would have decreased by much over the course of the match, however when the opportunity arose to create something, they passed, passed, and passed again - failing to create genuine chances.

Cambridge weren't that much of a threat and Gateshead looked comfortably in control for most of the game. Although Cambridge obviously won I honestly can't say who were the better team today.

(18 May 2014, 5:55 pm)AdamY Too much passing and not enough pushing summed up Gateshead's performance for me today.

While I understand the logic behind the passing game (tiring out your opponents), it's a pointless exercise if you haven't got players who can create opportunities from it. Gateshead were great at passing today. At one point in the game possession of the ball was 70/30 in Gateshead favour and I doubt that figure would have decreased by much over the course of the match, however when the opportunity arose to create something, they passed, passed, and passed again - failing to create genuine chances.

Cambridge weren't that much of a threat and Gateshead looked comfortably in control for most of the game. Although Cambridge obviously won I honestly can't say who were the better team today.

Sums up pretty much what I seen, I missed the first half, so dont know what is was like...

When Cambridge scored there first, it looked like they parked the bus and Gateshead struggled to break them down, Gateshead should had at least 2 more, but could not hit the target...

As for possession, I think at one point one of the BT commentators said Gateshead about 66% up to that point...

If dominating possession could win games, it would be a rout in Gatesheads favour, but, as we all know, it dont work like that...

Adam, Andreos, you guys were there, what is your opinion on the match

(18 May 2014, 6:20 pm)marxistafozzski Sums up pretty much what I seen, I missed the first half, so dont know what is was like...

When Cambridge scored there first, it looked like they parked the bus and Gateshead struggled to break them down, Gateshead should had at least 2 more, but could not hit the target...

As for possession, I think at one point one of the BT commentators said Gateshead about 66% up to that point...

If dominating possession could win games, it would be a rout in Gatesheads favour, but, as we all know, it dont work like that...

More chances were created in the second half but the first half was much of the same. The 70% figure for possession flashed up around the 30 minute mark so I presume that the 66% figure occurred sometime in the second half.

Cambridge surprised Gateshead by starting with 3-5-2 formation. Even though Cambridge had an extra player in midfield, Gateshead were able to go past down the wing on a few occasions but bottled when it came getting the ball into the box, thereby creating chances, opting for the safe pass instead. When Cambridge changed their formation at half time to 4-4-2, the space in which Gateshead were into had been effectively closed off.