Menu

Pages (96)    121 22 2396   
best team in the north eastPoll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
sunderland
9 (50.00%)
newcastle
6 (33.33%)
middlesbourgh
0 (0%)
hartlepool
0 (0%)
gateshead
1 (5.56%)
south shields
1 (5.56%)
jarrow & boldon roofing
1 (5.56%)
other
0 (0%)
Total 18 vote(s) 100%
Michael   18 May 2014, 4:34 pm
(18 May 2014, 4:30 pm)marxistafozzski wrote 2-0 Cambridge now...about 20 mins to go

Sad, gutted

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   18 May 2014, 4:39 pm
2-1 now...about 10 mins left plus added time...
MrFozz   18 May 2014, 4:49 pm
Cambridge down to 10 men...Miller off injured and they have used all there subs
MrFozz   18 May 2014, 5:00 pm
Hard lines to Gateshead...

FINAL SCORE
Cambridge 2 v 1 Gateshead
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   18 May 2014, 5:21 pm
Hard lines Heed Fans...

It is not easy to take defeat especially when the stakes are high, if there is one thing Gateshead staff and supporters can take away from this it is that they are a part of Gateshead history...

Despite the result, I always said getting to the play offs is special and to go to Wembley is even more special...commiserations lads, there is always next season, ir will be hard with Bristol Rovers coming down but I dont see why Gary Mills cannot push for top spot...

Oh well, you lot got to Wembley and nobody can ever take those memories for you...
Michael   18 May 2014, 5:21 pm
(18 May 2014, 5:00 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Hard lines to Gateshead...

FINAL SCORE
Cambridge 2 v 1 Gateshead

Bad luck, roll on next season

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
MrFozz   18 May 2014, 5:22 pm
Had to feel sorry for Cambridge Captain Ian Miller, he looked heartbroken when he was not able to go and recieve the trophy, in tears by all accounts
MurdnunoC   18 May 2014, 5:55 pm
Too much passing and not enough pushing summed up Gateshead's performance for me today.

While I understand the logic behind the passing game (tiring out your opponents), it's a pointless exercise if you haven't got players who can create opportunities from it. Gateshead were great at passing today. At one point in the game possession of the ball was 70/30 in Gateshead favour and I doubt that figure would have decreased by much over the course of the match, however when the opportunity arose to create something, they passed, passed, and passed again - failing to create genuine chances.

Cambridge weren't that much of a threat and Gateshead looked comfortably in control for most of the game. Although Cambridge obviously won I honestly can't say who were the better team today.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   18 May 2014, 6:20 pm
(18 May 2014, 5:55 pm)AdamY wrote Too much passing and not enough pushing summed up Gateshead's performance for me today.

While I understand the logic behind the passing game (tiring out your opponents), it's a pointless exercise if you haven't got players who can create opportunities from it. Gateshead were great at passing today. At one point in the game possession of the ball was 70/30 in Gateshead favour and I doubt that figure would have decreased by much over the course of the match, however when the opportunity arose to create something, they passed, passed, and passed again - failing to create genuine chances.

Cambridge weren't that much of a threat and Gateshead looked comfortably in control for most of the game. Although Cambridge obviously won I honestly can't say who were the better team today.

Sums up pretty much what I seen, I missed the first half, so dont know what is was like...

When Cambridge scored there first, it looked like they parked the bus and Gateshead struggled to break them down, Gateshead should had at least 2 more, but could not hit the target...

As for possession, I think at one point one of the BT commentators said Gateshead about 66% up to that point...

If dominating possession could win games, it would be a rout in Gatesheads favour, but, as we all know, it dont work like that...

Adam, Andreos, you guys were there, what is your opinion on the match
MurdnunoC   18 May 2014, 6:40 pm
(18 May 2014, 6:20 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Sums up pretty much what I seen, I missed the first half, so dont know what is was like...

When Cambridge scored there first, it looked like they parked the bus and Gateshead struggled to break them down, Gateshead should had at least 2 more, but could not hit the target...

As for possession, I think at one point one of the BT commentators said Gateshead about 66% up to that point...

If dominating possession could win games, it would be a rout in Gatesheads favour, but, as we all know, it dont work like that...

More chances were created in the second half but the first half was much of the same. The 70% figure for possession flashed up around the 30 minute mark so I presume that the 66% figure occurred sometime in the second half.

Cambridge surprised Gateshead by starting with 3-5-2 formation. Even though Cambridge had an extra player in midfield, Gateshead were able to go past down the wing on a few occasions but bottled when it came getting the ball into the box, thereby creating chances, opting for the safe pass instead. When Cambridge changed their formation at half time to 4-4-2, the space in which Gateshead were into had been effectively closed off.
tyresmoke   18 May 2014, 7:19 pm
(18 May 2014, 5:22 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Had to feel sorry for Cambridge Captain Ian Miller, he looked heartbroken when he was not able to go and recieve the trophy, in tears by all accounts

How good to win at Wembley twice as captain though, as gutting as it must be to not climb to get the trophy this time around...

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Michael   18 May 2014, 7:23 pm
Not from the UK but from Spain:

On-loan Sunderland star Alfred N'Diaye carries fan from danger after fence collapse at Osasuna during La Liga finale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...z325u5FLLg

Luckily no one was seriously hurt

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   18 May 2014, 10:33 pm
(18 May 2014, 7:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote How good to win at Wembley twice as captain though, as gutting as it must be to not climb to get the trophy this time around...

Did he captain us in 2011???

He has not got a bad record at Wembley...Played 4 Won 4

(18 May 2014, 7:23 pm)Michael wrote Not from the UK but from Spain:

On-loan Sunderland star Alfred N'Diaye carries fan from danger after fence collapse at Osasuna during La Liga finale

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...z325u5FLLg

Luckily no one was seriously hurt

In this day and age when footballers get a lot of bad press something like this comes along and shows footballers in a good light...

Take a bow Alfred N'Diaye [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
Andreos1   19 May 2014, 12:09 am
No idea about Adam, but I am back - no voice and fcuking knackered.

Absolutely brilliant day out, despite the result.

Cambridge set their stall out to sit back and stop Gateshead creating the killer ball that the Wembley pitch should have let them do.

Cambridge were nowt special a few weeks back and they didn't impress me much today either.
Ryan Donaldson was as gobby and mouthy as he was when at Newcastle and Gateshead.

Saw a few famous or well known faces - Ian Mearns MP was mixing it up away from the posh seats, but was a tad squiffy before the game and had a wallet full of twenties.

The coach allocation on Sunday morning was a shambles, due to a load of Compass Royston/Proctors and Roseberry Travel coaches turning up late and needing to be allocated a number.
What should have been a 7am departure on coach 7, turned into a free for all and a 8.10 departure on coach 19, which was a Roseberry Travel Neoplan (which seemed brand spanking new and was a beast - left several standing. The seats were shocking though).
A 45min break at Woodhall Services meant we arrived at Wembley a good few hours before kick off and saw at least oneA coach driver diddle off with a local 'tom' as the coppers in The Bill would call them.

The final score was disappointing, but it was a fantastic day out and the players should be proud.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   19 May 2014, 7:53 am
(19 May 2014, 12:09 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote No idea about Adam, but I am back - no voice and fcuking knackered.

Absolutely brilliant day out, despite the result.

Cambridge set their stall out to sit back and stop Gateshead creating the killer ball that the Wembley pitch should have let them do.

Cambridge were nowt special a few weeks back and they didn't impress me much today either.
Ryan Donaldson was as gobby and mouthy as he was when at Newcastle and Gateshead.

Saw a few famous or well known faces - Ian Mearns MP was mixing it up away from the posh seats, but was a tad squiffy before the game and had a wallet full of twenties.

The coach allocation on Sunday morning was a shambles, due to a load of Compass Royston/Proctors and Roseberry Travel coaches turning up late and needing to be allocated a number.
What should have been a 7am departure on coach 7, turned into a free for all and a 8.10 departure on coach 19, which was a Roseberry Travel Neoplan (which seemed brand spanking new and was a beast - left several standing. The seats were shocking though).
A 45min break at Woodhall Services meant we arrived at Wembley a good few hours before kick off and saw at least oneA coach driver diddle off with a local 'tom' as the coppers in The Bill would call them.

The final score was disappointing, but it was a fantastic day out and the players should be proud.

A lad I know who works for GNE used to be a coach driver and he said it was like a sailor having a girl in every port, they had a girl in every town they went to Big Grin

Was gutted for Gateshead, but what I saw of them was quite good, Cambridge seemed to park the bus and Heed could not break them down, it is a tactic I hate watching.

Got to say Ryan Donaldsons free kick was amazing, the top set piece experts in the Premier League would be proud of that strike.

Considering were Heed were when Gary Mills took over it is amazing to get where they did, I respect the hell out of Millsy and expect him to push for honours next season, it will be hard with the likes of Bristol Rovers coming down, but if they start well, then I dont see why they cannot do well.

As for crowds, I hope the average goes up next season, they averaged about 1100, had some decent crowds towards the end of the season and 8000 in the playoffs, if about 20% of that become regulars next year, that would be amazing.

Are you now a fully fledged Heed fan now Andreos, good on you for pledging your support to a local team I personally prefer watching lower league footy
Andreos1   19 May 2014, 8:29 am
(19 May 2014, 7:53 am)marxistafozzski wrote A lad I know who works for GNE used to be a coach driver and he said it was like a sailor having a girl in every port, they had a girl in every town they went to Big Grin

Was gutted for Gateshead, but what I saw of them was quite good, Cambridge seemed to park the bus and Heed could not break them down, it is a tactic I hate watching.

Got to say Ryan Donaldsons free kick was amazing, the top set piece experts in the Premier League would be proud of that strike.

Considering were Heed were when Gary Mills took over it is amazing to get where they did, I respect the hell out of Millsy and expect him to push for honours next season, it will be hard with the likes of Bristol Rovers coming down, but if they start well, then I dont see why they cannot do well.

As for crowds, I hope the average goes up next season, they averaged about 1100, had some decent crowds towards the end of the season and 8000 in the playoffs, if about 20% of that become regulars next year, that would be amazing.

Are you now a fully fledged Heed fan now Andreos, good on you for pledging your support to a local team I personally prefer watching lower league footy

I have been going on and off for years - being a 'regular' this season. Probably would have been cheaper buying a season ticket, but would never have anticipated going as often or having a trip to Wembley.
A couple of lads I went with, were watching their first ever Gateshead game and are now converts.
They got caught right up in the atmosphere.

I think I mentioned a week or two ago, that I will always support Newcastle and they will always be my team, but appreciate the effort and teamwork that Gateshead have.

The fact Cambridge parked the bus and had two rigid lines in midfield and defence, tells me that they were worried about Gateshead and had to adapt their gameplan to suit the opposition.

The topic of Torquay and Bristol Rovers was discussed on the bus.
The general consensus was that we had no idea about their team, players or financial situation.
Is moral and off the field issues affecting things?
Are contracts up and does a mass rebuilding programme need to be carried out?

Then there is Gateshead.
Hopefully Mills will extend his 1 year contract and the squad can be strengthened.
A few players will be on their way too - Oster, Lester etc and I imagine a few league two clubs may be tempted with bids for a few Gateshead players too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   19 May 2014, 8:46 am
(19 May 2014, 8:29 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote I have been going on and off for years - being a 'regular' this season. Probably would have been cheaper buying a season ticket, but would never have anticipated going as often or having a trip to Wembley.
A couple of lads I went with, were watching their first ever Gateshead game and are now converts.
They got caught right up in the atmosphere.

I think I mentioned a week or two ago, that I will always support Newcastle and they will always be my team, but appreciate the effort and teamwork that Gateshead have.

The fact Cambridge parked the bus and had two rigid lines in midfield and defence, tells me that they were worried about Gateshead and had to adapt their gameplan to suit the opposition.

The topic of Torquay and Bristol Rovers was discussed on the bus.
The general consensus was that we had no idea about their team, players or financial situation.
Is moral and off the field issues affecting things?
Are contracts up and does a mass rebuilding programme need to be carried out?

Then there is Gateshead.
Hopefully Mills will extend his 1 year contract and the squad can be strengthened.
A few players will be on their way too - Oster, Lester etc and I imagine a few league two clubs may be tempted with bids for a few Gateshead players too.

I cant see Mills doing anything but sign a new deal and the club is being bankrolled, so I am sure they will have the resources to compete next season and do not see why players would be tempted to leave.

Brizzle Rovers will be the team to beat next season, Torquay might find the going tough, they have been there before and took a while to get out, any sensible bookie will have Brizzle as favourites with The Heed not far behind, interesting times are ahead.

As you said, Cambridge defended like there lives depended on it, packed midfield and parked the bus, they were running scared and Gateshead just could not break it down.

I hope we play you in Pre Season again this year, I dont like the Int'l Stadium as a football venue, but I do enjoy local derbies, even if it is only a friendly Big Grin

Fair play to you for following them, I understand that Newcastle will always be 'your team' but you cant beat lower league football when you see the direction the higher leagues are going. For me as a kid I watched Sunderland, as a teen, I watched both SAFC and NUFC, although I was predominantly a Sunderland fan, now, I do nothing more than keep an eye out for Sunderland and Newcastle results and watch them on telly now and again, I never really felt part of something at SJP or the SOL and always felt accepted and part of something good with Darlington.

So will you be planning to get a ST for Gateshead next year?
Andreos1   19 May 2014, 9:17 am
(19 May 2014, 8:46 am)marxistafozzski wrote I cant see Mills doing anything but sign a new deal and the club is being bankrolled, so I am sure they will have the resources to compete next season and do not see why players would be tempted to leave.

Brizzle Rovers will be the team to beat next season, Torquay might find the going tough, they have been there before and took a while to get out, any sensible bookie will have Brizzle as favourites with The Heed not far behind, interesting times are ahead.

As you said, Cambridge defended like there lives depended on it, packed midfield and parked the bus, they were running scared and Gateshead just could not break it down.

I hope we play you in Pre Season again this year, I dont like the Int'l Stadium as a football venue, but I do enjoy local derbies, even if it is only a friendly Big Grin

Fair play to you for following them, I understand that Newcastle will always be 'your team' but you cant beat lower league football when you see the direction the higher leagues are going. For me as a kid I watched Sunderland, as a teen, I watched both SAFC and NUFC, although I was predominantly a Sunderland fan, now, I do nothing more than keep an eye out for Sunderland and Newcastle results and watch them on telly now and again, I never really felt part of something at SJP or the SOL and always felt accepted and part of something good with Darlington.

So will you be planning to get a ST for Gateshead next year?

No idea about the season ticket to be honest.

Certainly wont be getting one at SJP - total disillusion with them lot.

Hopefully Gateshead have inspired or motivated a few of the Northern League clubs, that with ambition, something positive can be achieved.

I am Gateshead born and bred and it has been great to finally be able to see something positive about the place and the media realise there is more to Gateshead than the angel.

MrFozz   19 May 2014, 11:17 am
(19 May 2014, 9:17 am)Andreos Constantopolous wrote No idea about the season ticket to be honest.

Certainly wont be getting one at SJP - total disillusion with them lot.

[Ab]Hopefully Gateshead have inspired or motivated a few of the Northern League clubs, that with ambition, something positive can be achieved.[/b]

I am Gateshead born and bred and it has been great to finally be able to see something positive about the place and the media realise there is more to Gateshead than the angel.

That will unfortunately never happen I reckon, the infrastructure and FA ground grading criteria would not allow it, and most of them simply aint interested in promotion...

Out of the current crop in the Northern League I could only name a few teams who would be capable of taking the next step, when I say capable, I mean in a position to upgrade there ground to the relevant spec, W£$t Auckland, Shildon and Bishop Auckland, possibly Durham and Celtic Nation(proviring Steve Skinner keeps bankrolling them), out of that lot only Bishop and Durham have Evo-Stik standard grounds, Shildon and West could probably come up to scratch with minimal work also possibly Whitley Bay.

Spennymoor took the plunge and won promotion and I reckon if they push on there is nothing to stop them gaining Conference North Status.

The only thing that would worry me about having so many North East teams in or about the Football League is where will the support come from, SAFC and NUFC have it pretty much to themselves, we also have Boro and Hartlepool in the League, add Darlington and Gateshead to that and the options to tap into for support is getting rather thin, if you go a step further and add teams like Blyth, Whitby and Spenny, then all support is pretty much wrapped up, still i dream of the day Levels 4 and 5(Step 1) is filled with North East Teams...
MrFozz   19 May 2014, 3:05 pm
Also with North East non-League is the problem with geography we are quite isolated, it is like the South West Peninsula in that teams from Cornwall are quite isolated...take Truro for example, some of there games are 500 miles round trip...

While I dont like tbe idea of NL clubs not taking promotio, I do understand the reasons, and I believe the only way NL cubs would go up would be if the Northern Premier League poached about 5 or 6 teams from the NL
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   19 May 2014, 6:17 pm
(19 May 2014, 11:17 am)marxistafozzski wrote That will unfortunately never happen I reckon, the infrastructure and FA ground grading criteria would not allow it, and most of them simply aint interested in promotion...

Out of the current crop in the Northern League I could only name a few teams who would be capable of taking the next step, when I say capable, I mean in a position to upgrade there ground to the relevant spec, W£$t Auckland, Shildon and Bishop Auckland, possibly Durham and Celtic Nation(proviring Steve Skinner keeps bankrolling them), out of that lot only Bishop and Durham have Evo-Stik standard grounds, Shildon and West could probably come up to scratch with minimal work also possibly Whitley Bay.

Spennymoor took the plunge and won promotion and I reckon if they push on there is nothing to stop them gaining Conference North Status.

The only thing that would worry me about having so many North East teams in or about the Football League is where will the support come from, SAFC and NUFC have it pretty much to themselves, we also have Boro and Hartlepool in the League, add Darlington and Gateshead to that and the options to tap into for support is getting rather thin, if you go a step further and add teams like Blyth, Whitby and Spenny, then all support is pretty much wrapped up, still i dream of the day Levels 4 and 5(Step 1) is filled with North East Teams...

What about teams in the North West?
There are any amount of teams who attract a decent enough crowd.
Going back 25/30 years - who would predicted Newcastle or Sunderland would attract the crowds they do today?
Who would have thought Gateshead would go from several hundred to 8k in the space of 4 home games?
Success attract crowds and if the success is maintained, so are attendances.

If some of the Northern League teams push on, then the travelling wont be an issue either as the derby games will still be there.
If they do head to NPL, I have no doubt they will hold their own.
Once Spenny establish themselves, hopefully a few others will follow their lead.

Back onto Gateshead - local news reports were disappointing tonight. Thought more would have been made of it. Yours truly has just appeared on Look North tonight, with stuff filmed at Wembley yesterday.
A photo at the Metrocentre Rally and Look North today - Andreos Constantopolous could be unmasked!

MurdnunoC   19 May 2014, 6:42 pm
(19 May 2014, 6:17 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote What about teams in the North West?
Going back 25/30 years - who would predicted Newcastle or Sunderland would attract the crowds they do today?
Who would have thought Gateshead would go from several hundred to 8k in the space of 4 home games?

Exactly. Newcastle has more than 52,000 supporters and I suspect that a lot of them, like you, are utterly sick of the lack of ambition and achievement displayed by the club. As I've argued elsewhere in the thread, there is scope for fans to get behind a Gateshead, a Washington (if they have a team) or even a Consett Town if the ambition is there and success is achieved. Support builds and increases over time. [/quote]

(19 May 2014, 6:17 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Yours truly has just appeared on Look North tonight, with stuff filmed at Wembley yesterday.
A photo at the Metrocentre Rally and Look North today - Andreos Constantopolous could be unmasked!

As I have lifted my hood and showed you my face, I think it's only fair to extend me the same courtesy and show me yours Wink

However, I am prepared to trawl photographs and study video footage to solve the mystery of Andreos 'One' Constantopolous once and for all!
MrFozz   19 May 2014, 6:44 pm
(19 May 2014, 6:17 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote What about teams in the North West?

If some of the Northern League teams push on, then the travelling wont be an issue either as the derby games will still be there.
If they do head to NPL, I have no doubt they will hold their own.
Once Spenny establish themselves, hopefully a few others will follow their lead.

Back onto Gateshead - local news reports were disappointing tonight. Thought more would have been made of it. Yours truly has just appeared on Look North tonight, with stuff filmed at Wembley yesterday.

Some points to pick up on, I am not taking anything away from Gateshead, but come august how many of the 8000 at the Grimsby play off game will be back, take that 8000 out the equation and in reality the average is around 1,000-1,100, if they start with a bang, I dont see any reason not to average 1,500.

As for the Northern League, the only way I could see it done would be by clubs leaving en masse, I hope it happens one day but the FA and League Committees should amend the ground grading criteria...The whole Northern League debate can last forever and we will still never get to a solution agrees with
Adam   19 May 2014, 6:47 pm
Only just got round to replying now (sorry). Was far too knackered last night and I've had school today.

The day out was absolutely fantastic, a one I'll certainly remember for decades to come. Everything from climbing into that Skoda Octavia taxi at 5:45am to get to the Int Stadium to coming through the front door incredibly disappointed at about 1:15 this morning. Only downsides were the result and how trashing being stuck on a coach for at least 12 hours is.

The match was a good match. We did dominate the possession, as the figures clearly show. We were very hesitant in front of goal though, Oster and Larkin having many chances to have a dig at goal, but didn't.

But Cambridge do deserve a pat on the back and a well done. I hope they succeed in League 2.

As for Gateshead, we're going up next season, mark my words.

Out of interest Andreos, what coach were you on? I was on Coach 2, one of Compass Royston's Neoplan Tourliners (MT12 NLF).
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   19 May 2014, 7:27 pm
(19 May 2014, 6:42 pm)AdamY wrote Exactly. Newcastle has more than 52,000 supporters and I suspect that a lot of them, like you, are utterly sick of the lack of ambition and achievement displayed by the club. As I've argued elsewhere in the thread, there is scope for fans to get behind a Gateshead, a Washington (if they have a team) or even a Consett Town if the ambition is there and success is achieved. Support builds and increases over time.

As I have lifted my hood and showed you my face, I think it's only fair to extend me the same courtesy and show me yours Wink

However, I am prepared to trawl photographs and study video footage to solve the mystery of Andreos 'One' Constantopolous once and for all!

Maybe one day and it may be via a PM too.
Don't want all the riff raff finding out - Citaro and Busman101 may put up 'banned' from our buses photos Big Grin

(19 May 2014, 6:47 pm)Adam wrote Only just got round to replying now (sorry). Was far too knackered last night and I've had school today.

The day out was absolutely fantastic, a one I'll certainly remember for decades to come. Everything from climbing into that Skoda Octavia taxi at 5:45am to get to the Int Stadium to coming through the front door incredibly disappointed at about 1:15 this morning. Only downsides were the result and how trashing being stuck on a coach for at least 12 hours is.

The match was a good match. We did dominate the possession, as the figures clearly show. We were very hesitant in front of goal though, Oster and Larkin having many chances to have a dig at goal, but didn't.

But Cambridge do deserve a pat on the back and a well done. I hope they succeed in League 2.

As for Gateshead, we're going up next season, mark my words.

Out of interest Andreos, what coach were you on? I was on Coach 2, one of Compass Royston's Neoplan Tourliners (MT12 NLF).

Coach 19 (was supposed to be 7, but we were told to just get on any).
It was a Roseberry Travel Tourliner - horrible seats, but a powerfully engined coach, which the drivers seemed to have to hold back.
Roseberry's had a Setra there too.

Got back to International Stadium at 12.15.

Posted something early this morning and mentioned it on there I think - body was knackered, but mind wide awake.
The hours nap from Ferrybridge did nowt to help either.

Glad you enjoyed the day though - despite the result.

Did you get many photos?

Our seats were posh and we had to go through the Club Wembley entrance with all the toffs.
The clip of us wandering around the VIP area after a few pints and in our hats purchased from the Del Boy at Woodhall Services must have been a picture.
Was expecting one of the many suited stewards to do a Peggy Mitchell impression and tell us to 'get out - get out of ma pub'.

MrFozz   19 May 2014, 7:45 pm
(19 May 2014, 6:42 pm)AdamY wrote Exactly. Newcastle has more than 52,000 supporters and I suspect that a lot of them, like you, are utterly sick of the lack of ambition and achievement displayed by the club. As I've argued elsewhere in the thread, there is scope for fans to get behind a Gateshead, a Washington (if they have a team) or even a Consett Town if the ambition is there and success is achieved. Support builds and increases over time.

[/quote]

Washington certainly does have a team, in Northern League Division 2, they play out Nissans Sport Ground I think...

We can forget about Consett doing anything, the Conference has banned 3G and 4G pitches, same would go for Durham, the pitch there was the reason they would not never reach the Conference...I have said who I think could sustain football at a higher level, Spenny for definate, Darlo as well...

Oh well, we can talk all we want about it, but the simple fact is, without a radical shake up from the FA it won't happen
Andreos1   19 May 2014, 8:09 pm
(19 May 2014, 7:45 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Washington certainly does have a team, in Northern League Division 2, they play out Nissans Sport Ground I think...

We can forget about Consett doing anything, the Conference has banned 3G and 4G pitches, same would go for Durham, the pitch there was the reason they would not never reach the Conference...I have said who I think could sustain football at a higher level, Spenny for definate, Darlo as well...

Oh well, we can talk all we want about it, but the simple fact is, without a radical shake up from the FA it won't happen

Spout Lane in Concord.
Gateshead signed James Curtis from them.

The eldest is a central defender and has been so impressed by Curtis's play, tackling, heading etc he has been moulding his play on him.
It is almost like watching a mini (but blonde) Curtis on a Saturday morning.

Puyol, Vidic, Kompany - he could learn off any of them, but prefers to learn from Curtis!
Mind, he is a cracking defender.

edit: that random quote from AdamY has knacked things up bigstyle - but hopefully you get the drift Fozz

edit edit. Fixed it I think..

Adam   19 May 2014, 8:13 pm
(19 May 2014, 7:27 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Coach 19 (was supposed to be 7, but we were told to just get on any).
It was a Roseberry Travel Tourliner - horrible seats, but a powerfully engined coach, which the drivers seemed to have to hold back.
Roseberry's had a Setra there too.

Got back to International Stadium at 12.15.

Posted something early this morning and mentioned it on there I think - body was knackered, but mind wide awake.
The hours nap from Ferrybridge did nowt to help either.

Glad you enjoyed the day though - despite the result.

Did you get many photos?

Our seats were posh and we had to go through the Club Wembley entrance with all the toffs.
The clip of us wandering around the VIP area after a few pints and in our hats purchased from the Del Boy at Woodhall Services must have been a picture.
Was expecting one of the many suited stewards to do a Peggy Mitchell impression and tell us to 'get out - get out of ma pub'.

Noticed the Setra as well. Was quite surprised how many different operators were used and where they came from. When it was organised chaos in the morning at the IS, I noticed a plain white Van Hool coach had Rossendale Travel legal lettering, so did it really travel all the way over from Lancashire or has it been transferred to a NE operator who are so incompetent and can't be bothered to change it?

I was quite amused at Del Boy and Rodney at Woodhall selling their black and white merchandise. My Dad said that he read somewhere that Woodhall Services got in touch with Gateshead and said they'll give us £10 for every coach that stops there. Don't know how true that is but I suppose that day certainly had roaring trade.

I got a few photos on my phone, including a panoramic one of the stadium, as seen below.
Attached Files
.jpg
111.jpg (Size 463.48 KB Downloads 13)
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   19 May 2014, 8:25 pm
(19 May 2014, 8:09 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote Spout Lane in Concord.
Gateshead signed James Curtis from them.

The eldest is a central defender and has been so impressed by Curtis's play, tackling, heading etc he has been moulding his play on him.
It is almost like watching a mini (but blonde) Curtis on a Saturday morning.

Puyol, Vidic, Kompany - he could learn off any of them, but prefers to learn from Curtis!
Mind, he is a cracking defender.

edit: that random quote from AdamY has knacked things up bigstyle - but hopefully you get the drift Fozz

edit edit. Fixed it I think..

Washington definately play at Nissan mate, Albany Park(if that is what you refer to) is not for purpose in tbe Northern League. Only Sunday League is played at Concord

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/washingtonfootballclub/

Was pleased hear you had a canny weekend anyway mate
Andreos1   19 May 2014, 8:31 pm
(19 May 2014, 8:13 pm)Adam wrote Noticed the Setra as well. Was quite surprised how many different operators were used and where they came from. When it was organised chaos in the morning at the IS, I noticed a plain white Van Hool coach had Rossendale Travel legal lettering, so did it really travel all the way over from Lancashire or has it been transferred to a NE operator who are so incompetent and can't be bothered to change it?

I was quite amused at Del Boy and Rodney at Woodhall selling their black and white merchandise. My Dad said that he read somewhere that Woodhall Services got in touch with Gateshead and said they'll give us £10 for every coach that stops there. Don't know how true that is but I suppose that day certainly had roaring trade.

I got a few photos on my phone, including a panoramic one of the stadium, as seen below. The other photo is a one of my family and I (excluding my granda, who was taking the photo) with a banner my Dad's workmate made for us. If any of you are interested, I'm the tall fine-looking fellow on the left holding the banner Tongue

Never noticed the Rossendale to be honest - mind, I was just hoping coach 7 wasn't the Kingsleys coach!

I was wondering how the services would have been picked.
Mates who have been to Wembley or Cardiff with Newcastle have always said they stopped at Woodhall too.

If management at the services had arranged a deal with the club, you would have thought additional staff would have been brought in to assist with the crowds - the queues were horrendous, especially on the way back outside McDonalds and KFC.

That banner is canny. You should try and get it signed by the squad.

(19 May 2014, 8:25 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Washington definately play at Nissan mate, Albany Park(if that is what you refer to) is not for purpose in tbe Northern League. Only Sunday League is played at Concord

http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/washingtonfootballclub/

Was pleased hear you had a canny weekend anyway mate

Initially the move there, was only meant to be temporary after an arson attack at Albany Park.
I didn't realise they hadn't moved back.

The social club at the Albany Park ground used to be great for a night out.
Live bands, the lot.

Guessing they don't do those anymore either!

Pages (96)    121 22 2396