North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1240)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: Go North East - Adam - 15 Jan 2013

(15 Jan 2013, 6:19 pm)Brandon Does anyone know how many MPD's are now carrying the newer style blue seat moquette?

I know 563, the QE Hospital shuttle bus, has the newer seat design. I don't think there's any other MPD's with it though.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 15 Jan 2013

(15 Jan 2013, 7:51 pm)Adam
(15 Jan 2013, 6:19 pm)Brandon Does anyone know how many MPD's are now carrying the newer style blue seat moquette?

I know 563, the QE Hospital shuttle bus, has the newer seat design. I don't think there's any other MPD's with it though.

im sure one of the street shuttles have it to, not sure

RE: Go North East - Tom - 15 Jan 2013

564 has a LED display, was on the 61 on Saturday.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 15 Jan 2013

(15 Jan 2013, 8:03 pm)W179SCU 564 has a LED display, was on the 61 on Saturday.

564 was also on the 99 then! :L

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 15 Jan 2013

Cheers guys! Big Grin I haven't a clue at all how many have been done, and I'm a bit gutted I missed out on a trip today.

I saw it Seaburn bound on Thompson Road getting close to 5pm, so if you saw 564 at Sunderland at 16:05 then this should have been the same bus I saw. But it definitely had a flip-dot matrix destination with the 99 number, so who knows what happened! Maybe I could have been seeing things and convinced myself I'd seen the 592 instead, but I'd only just passed a Doxford Clipper MPD on the 592 minutes earlier! Tongue

I think I read somewhere that one of the Street Shuttles had the new moquette. I thought a canny few MPD's across the fleet had been treated, including some of the East Durham fleet; but it looks like I'm mistaken - they're rather few and far between!

RE: Go North East - Dan - 15 Jan 2013

(15 Jan 2013, 8:46 pm)Brandon Cheers guys! Big Grin I haven't a clue at all how many have been done, and I'm a bit gutted I missed out on a trip today.

I saw it Seaburn bound on Thompson Road getting close to 5pm, so if you saw 564 at Sunderland at 16:05 then this should have been the same bus I saw. But it definitely had a flip-dot matrix destination with the 99 number, so who knows what happened! Maybe I could have been seeing things and convinced myself I'd seen the 592 instead, but I'd only just passed a Doxford Clipper MPD on the 592 minutes earlier! Tongue

I think I read somewhere that one of the Street Shuttles had the new moquette. I thought a canny few MPD's across the fleet had been treated, including some of the East Durham fleet; but it looks like I'm mistaken - they're rather few and far between!

Positive it was 564. I could be wrong, but I am fairly positive. I had considered jumping off the bus at the Royal Hospital to get a photo, that's why I mentally logged the fleet number :L
Reason why I didn't was because the 78 was running early. It's meant to run a minute or two after the 2A/C, so that would have been perfect timing (to jump off the 2A/C, get a photo of the 99 and jump on the 78) but it managed to overtake the 2A/C at the University - despite the 2A/C leaving a minute early by the clock on the front of the bus!
I've seen a few on the 202 with the new moquette too! One may have been done for Street Shuttle brand too - not sure.

RE: Go North East - ... - 15 Jan 2013

One of these MPD's in all-over yellow with an old green flip-dot matrix blind has been operating for Deptford on 99's today. I couldn't catch a fleet number as I ended up catching the Stagecoach 19 back home instead and I just saw this particular MPD passing the other way through misted windows.

Could it not have been 542? 564/565 both have LED blinds, and East Durham MPDs 502, 535 and 541 have all had their seats recovered

RE: Go North East - Dan - 16 Jan 2013

"Nexus" branded Solo SR on the 42 this morning - arriving to Park Lane at around 08:20am!
And I luckily managed to catch it on the evening, they hadn't taken it off! http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8386529835/

Also managed to get a few other odd ones:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8387614766/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8387615454/in/photostream/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/8386530719/in/photostream/

Chose not to upload the other oddities that I managed to catch - they were worse than the ones of the Fast Cats vehicles! :L

RE: Go North East - Dan - 17 Jan 2013

A "Fab Fifty Six" Scania was on the 60 again today - second day in a row.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with Deptford's allocations lately? All of the branded Scanias are making their way out onto any service... Are they covering for Versas for some reason?

RE: Go North East - tyresmoke - 17 Jan 2013

(17 Jan 2013, 9:21 pm)Daniel A "Fab Fifty Six" Scania was on the 60 again today - second day in a row.

Anyone have any idea what's going on with Deptford's allocations lately? All of the branded Scanias are making their way out onto any service... Are they covering for Versas for some reason?

Simplicity 8327 was having a run out on the X35 yesterday, surprised me when I passed it in Hartlepool while doing a 36!

RE: Go North East - Dan - 17 Jan 2013

(17 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm)tyresmoke
(17 Jan 2013, 9:21 pm)Daniel A "Fab Fifty Six" Scania was on the 60 again today - second day in a row.

Simplicity 8327 was having a run out on the X35 yesterday, surprised me when I passed it in Hartlepool while doing a 36!

As was a "Drifter" branded Versa! But if this is the only reason why branded Scanias are making their way onto the 60/61; as a result, other branded Scanias are being put on other services in their place like an ongoing cycle, that's down to Go North East, and really doesn't suffice as a good enough reason for it happening..!

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 18 Jan 2013

(15 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm)dans_bus_photos

One of these MPD's in all-over yellow with an old green flip-dot matrix blind has been operating for Deptford on 99's today. I couldn't catch a fleet number as I ended up catching the Stagecoach 19 back home instead and I just saw this particular MPD passing the other way through misted windows.

Could it not have been 542? 564/565 both have LED blinds, and East Durham MPDs 502, 535 and 541 have all had their seats recovered

Quite possibly! There was an East Durham MPD on the 592 this evening, so maybe vehicles swapping depots between Deptford and Peterlee happens more often than reported. But it must have replaced 564 somewhere on the route because 564 was seen at Sunderland.

Just noticed on GNE FB now -

Ross Alan Cording
Hi, whats happened to the Bobby Robson livery on the X25?
Like · · 2 hours ago

Go North East Ross, the decision was made to have buses with this livery used on other services so that more of our customers could see it.
2 hours ago · Like

Ross Alan Cording What route has this been transferred to? Will the X25 get a new theme?

I wonder if the additional services are, or will include, the 13/14 since they run to/from Langley Park too.

Buses haven't been as disrupted today as I might have thought, at least the local Sunderland services anyway. My metro from Benton was late so missed the connecting metro to catch the 99 from Seaburn. I was counting on the 99 being late but it was actually on time and sailed past while I was waiting to cross, it was empty I think. I waited for the 19 instead, that was on-time too, and I was the only one on! These two services are rather long, circuitous routes so it was definitely a surprise to see them on-time despite the worsening weather. Seems everyone must have dove indoors for the snow...

RE: Go North East - Dan - 18 Jan 2013

Let's try this again... ;-)

Aha, I'd seen the "East Durham" MPD today and I tried to get to Park Lane to catch it but I didn't actually manage to get there on-time - all the traffic lights were against my 2A Sad
I doubt the photo would have come out brilliantly anyway... I spotted a "Lambton Worm" Prestige on the 8 to Sunderland with a "BAGGAGE ZONE" destination blind - something along those lines? I had hoped the same destination blind (but with the number 78 instead) would be there on the journey back to Consett, but unfortunately not... And the photo came out hideously too to make everything even worse!

I also noticed that earlier, but didn't think to post it here! I was rather intrigued indeed and I was annoyed to see Go North East ignored his question in response to their reply.

All of my Sunderland-based services have been running on-time too, and even more surprisingly, so has the "Lime" 8/78! The only disruption that this service has is the vehicles being used on it! While out and about today, I only saw two "Lime" branded Vehicles in total, with a "Lambton Worm" Prestige and two vehicles carrying the generic "Northern" livery being the others. Didn't spot any Omnicitys though, which makes a change!
Yet another blizzard has hit Sunderland over the past hour or so, so I'll be looking out to see how well buses are coping tomorrow. Areas outside of Tyne & Wear are forecast for a lot worse snow than the cities are within Tyne & Wear, so I'm going to make my way out to the bad weather tomorrow: Chester-le-Street, Consett, Stanley, Durham and Bishop Auckland... Will be my first opportunity to get some decent photos in the snow! Big Grin

Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 18 Jan 2013

Good luck getting out and about! It's coming down a right blizzard in Southwick now and it's getting rather deep now! I'm just looking forward to a bit of a lie-in in the morning, but I'll have to head out to Sunderland at some point to renew my One pass and then off across to Hylton Castle in the afternoon, will get the 99 for that.

My experiences with the 8/78 have been mostly ok. But then again it's not everyday I'm using the route! In the past I've found that drivers on the Sunday 78/78A's are a bit hard-pressed for time, but nothing too major really.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 18 Jan 2013

Finishing school at 16:00, the 16:08 #78 used to be the bus I got back home every day pre-11th November changes - with the only exception being when the 16:00 #2A was rather late indeed or I got out 5 minutes early and effectively managed to catch it when it was running on-time... Now it's the 16:07 #2A - which I can gladly say has not departed late once since I started getting it from 11th Nov. onwards!

It was a lot worse then than it is now, but it's still not perfect. I'd say three out of five days a week at the very least, it leaves late. And by 'late', that's anything from 2 minutes late to 12 minutes late.
By the time it gets to The Wavendon public house on Chester Road (my stop), it has to battle the rush hour traffic - causing it to have an additional ten minutes lateness.

I've had some problems with the 78/78A on Sundays too, running up to 20 minutes late.

Go North East - Part 2 - Dan - 19 Jan 2013

Primary objective of this forum post was just to alert you all that Metro replacement service 900 operates from today for two days (see below):

19th January - No trains Shiremoor to Whitley Bay
All day Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 January, to allow for modernisation work. Bus replacment service 900 will call at or close to all stations between Shiremoor and Whitley Bay. Please leave extra time for your journey.
Bus replacement stopping points
Saturday 19 bus replacement timetable
Sunday 20 bus replacement timetable

But also some Go North East diversions over the next couple of days too:

21st January - Routes 26 and 26A in Castletown
Castletown Way, Sunderland, will be closed for resurfacing between North Hylton Road and Wessington Way between 8am and 6pm from Monday 21 January for up to three days. Routes 26 & 26A are unable to serve North Hylton Road and Fern Avenue during these times, and will divert from Sunderland Road via Stoney Lane, Alexandra Avenue, Hylton Park Road, Timber Beach Road and Colima Avenue to Castletown, in both directions.

20th January - Routes 39 & 42 - Borough Road/Tavistock Place, Sunderland
Toward Road will be closed between Borough Road and Tavistock Place from 8am to 4pm (approximately) on Sunday 20 January 2013. The closure is required for works in connection with the Better Bus Improvement Programme.
Go North East services 39 and 42 will divert from Toward Road via Peel Street, Salem Road and Tatham Street to Borough Road, in both directions, omitting one stop (Toward Road – The Mowbray).

I'll hopefully be out on the go taking photos of the 39 and 42 on diversion tomorrow, and also I should get a photo of the Metro replacement 900 service too. Go North East are operating it today and I'd assume they were operating it tomorrow - but anything's possible!

RE: Go North East - ... - 19 Jan 2013

Today:
4936 on the X35
564 on the X3
519 on the 38/61s
Has anyone seen 4973/4 lately? i havent seen them for awhile so im assuming theyve gone to Thorntons to be refurbished.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 19 Jan 2013

I believe I have the most recent photos of both...

4973 on December 21st 2012, unusually working "Fab Fifty Six" service 56 to Newcastle.
4974 during the Boxing Day madness, working "MetroLink" service M1 to Houghton-le-Spring.

If they are being refurbished, that answers a previous question of mine as to why allocations have gone to pot! To cover for the two missing vehicles, other Scanias are being used on the X35, causing those services to be without the necessary amount of vehicles required for the service, resulting in odd allocations. A month is a bit excessive though, surely?

RE: Go North East - NEB Admin Team - 19 Jan 2013

I thought it was odd this morning seeing Fast Cats X35 leaflets stocked in the SimpliCity Versa (36) I was on! I am a bit surprised that the spare Versa hasn't been re-painted into Northern Red yet.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 19 Jan 2013

(19 Jan 2013, 9:17 pm)Brandon I thought it was odd this morning seeing Fast Cats X35 leaflets stocked in the SimpliCity Versa (36) I was on! I am a bit surprised that the spare Versa hasn't been re-painted into Northern Red yet.

I've noticed a hell of a lot of branded service leaflets being stocked in the wrong vehicles - that's not just Deptford either!
The 78 I was on today had leaflets for the 50 on it...