North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1251)

RE: Go North East - Latest - WestDurhamSwift - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 7:54 pm)Dan Photograph on link below:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/12177099455/

Quite a rushed shot, but better than none at all - I can happily do the news now! Wink

Shocking branding in comparrison to all the recent brandings, I hope its only Temp, whats with the front, was it created on Microsoft word.

Hopefully when the route gets new buses they will get something better.

Surprised they didnt put 'INTU Metrocentre' on rather than Metrocentre, especially the logo. From working in the Metrocentre those guys were going overboard with the whole 'Intu' thing. They even covered up anything with a old metrocentre logo on even if it was just a no smoking sign, so surprised by that.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 27 Jan 2014

Agreed on the above

It's intu Metrocentre not Metrocentre.. If they can't even get the basics right

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 10:38 pm)Arcticrossy92 Shocking branding in comparrison to all the recent brandings, I hope its only Temp, whats with the front, was it created on Microsoft word.

Hopefully when the route gets new buses they will get something better.

Surprised they didnt put 'INTU Metrocentre' on rather than Metrocentre, especially the logo. From working in the Metrocentre those guys were going overboard with the whole 'Intu' thing. They even covered up anything with a old metrocentre logo on even if it was just a no smoking sign, so surprised by that.

You'd think the intu logo would be prominent if they were paying all or part towards the branding. It not being there makes me think they're not.

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 27 Jan 2014

Mst of the brands r going down hill,does riverside open tomoz

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 11:06 pm)aureolin You'd think the intu logo would be prominent if they were paying all or part towards the branding. It not being there makes me think they're not.

Could say the same about Stagecoach with the 100, As there Branding also doesn't carry the intu logo, I would say it's pointless having the intu logo on the Buses anyway, as there is more than just those Services that serve the MetroCentre, Maybe if the Destination Blind on the X66 read "Intu MetroCentre X66" Then maybe it may of carried the intu logo, But it doesn't, at the end of the day Go North East have provided an Improved Promotional albeit Temporary Livery for the X66 to the MetroCentre, Compared to the Previous Liveries the X66 has had.

Also I am curious are 4926-4931 - 4942/43 - 5201-5204 - 5250/53/54 and 70 - 5389/90 - 6099/6100 and 6116/7 and the Cadets at Washington which are all Plain Red, Will they receive further Go North East Logos i.e. on the Sides, or are just going to Remain how they are with Logo above the Doors and Upper/Lower Section of the Driver Cab, As look rather Plain to me, Particularly the Geminis.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 27 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 11:24 pm)Adam Malarkey Could say the same about Stagecoach with the 100, As there Branding also doesn't carry the intu logo, I would say it's pointless having the intu logo on the Buses anyway, as there is more than just those Services that serve the MetroCentre, Maybe if the Destination Blind on the X66 read "Intu MetroCentre X66" Then maybe it may of carried the intu logo, But it doesn't, at the end of the day Go North East have provided an Improved Promotional albeit Temporary Livery for the X66 to the MetroCentre, Compared to the Previous Liveries the X66 has had.

Also I am curious are 4926-4931 - 4942/43 - 5201-5204 - 5250/53/54 and 70 - 5389/90 - 6099/6100 and 6116/7 and the Cadets at Washington which are all Plain Red, Will they receive further Go North East Logos i.e. on the Sides, or are just going to Remain how they are with Logo above the Doors and Upper/Lower Section of the Driver Cab, As look rather Plain to me, Particularly the Geminis.

I'd say they are thinking about what looks best maybe a few test liveries should be tried?

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 28 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 11:55 pm)CatsFast101 I'd say they are thinking about what looks best maybe a few test liveries should be tried?

Test liveries are a bit of a pointless expense when you could pay a designer to 3D model it for you.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 28 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 12:06 am)aureolin Test liveries are a bit of a pointless expense when you could pay a designer to 3D model it for you.

Or you could get NEB's Resident Paperbus Designer to do one for free

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 28 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 11:24 pm)Adam Malarkey Could say the same about Stagecoach with the 100, As there Branding also doesn't carry the intu logo,

Stagecoach at least carries the 'old' Metrocentre official branding though (pre Intu) which was current at the time of the new livery launch.

It didn't become Intu until 12 July (officially)

But splitting hairs here no doubt. GNE's effort is piss poor imo. Disappointing considering what we've had. If its temporary, why bother changing it?

RE: Go North East - Latest - palatine3833 - 28 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 11:24 pm)Adam Malarkey Could say the same about Stagecoach with the 100, As there Branding also doesn't carry the intu logo, I would say it's pointless having the intu logo on the Buses anyway, as there is more than just those Services that serve the MetroCentre, Maybe if the Destination Blind on the X66 read "Intu MetroCentre X66" Then maybe it may of carried the intu logo, But it doesn't, at the end of the day Go North East have provided an Improved Promotional albeit Temporary Livery for the X66 to the MetroCentre, Compared to the Previous Liveries the X66 has had.

The 'intu' logo can be seen just above the letter 'r' on the side.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 28 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 10:56 pm)gtomlinson It's intu Metrocentre not Metrocentre.. If they can't even get the basics right

It does say intu above the Metrocentre on the sides with a picture of the bird they use you just cannot see it in the dark, so maybe they do have the basics right?

(27 Jan 2014, 11:06 pm)aureolin You'd think the intu logo would be prominent if they were paying all or part towards the branding. It not being there makes me think they're not.

Got it in one!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 28 Jan 2014

Just come over the radio on the 4, theirs a diverson in Sunderland city centre on top of the one on vine place... should be fun this morning in the town

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 28 Jan 2014

No idea if there had been a 20 missing in action this morning, but 4990 was standing room only when it left Houghton at 7.20 this morning on an x20.
Chances are it will have carried a similar load into Durham as there's normally only a handful get off at Rainton Bridge at that time.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 28 Jan 2014

How are the streetlites coping then? I'm just guessing but there seems to a quite few missing most days, 5389/5390 both on 53/54 yesterday. A solar and renown both on 60's yesterday I'm wondering if these buses are coping well? Versas been off route on the drifter wasn't too common but it's odd if there more than 5/6 on 60's.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 28 Jan 2014

(27 Jan 2014, 10:56 pm)gtomlinson Agreed on the above

It's intu Metrocentre not Metrocentre.. If they can't even get the basics right

The Eldon Square services (e.g. 'Ten', 'Angel', 'Diamond' etc) don't display intu Eldon Square?

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 28 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 10:15 am)CatsFast101 How are the streetlites coping then? I'm just guessing but there seems to a quite few missing most days, 5389/5390 both on 53/54 yesterday. A solar and renown both on 60's yesterday I'm wondering if these buses are coping well? Versas been off route on the drifter wasn't too common but it's odd if there more than 5/6 on 60's.

A Saltwell Park is currently at Smiles.
Looks to be having quite a bit of engine worked done.

When I first went out to get photographs of the Drifters, two failed to start first time at Park Lane.

5347 up in the air at Riverside!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 28 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 1:52 pm)mattdw92 A Saltwell Park is currently at Smiles.
Looks to be having quite a bit of engine worked done.

I'd have expected it to go back to manufacturer if it's getting quite a bit of engine work done, being only 3 month old at best. I wonder where the other one is. There's been at least 2 VOR as of late

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 28 Jan 2014

(28 Jan 2014, 2:51 pm)citaro5284 5347 up in the air at Riverside!

The branding looks really smart, but quite complex! Is it one continuous vinyl wrap?