North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1254)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - minibus1474 - 17 Apr 2014

undefined

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 17 Apr 2014

(17 Apr 2014, 7:43 pm)Dan MOD Note:
I've deleted all comments relating to the "MAN joke". A number of people didn't find the joke funny, and it has led to a number of unrelated posts. Ta!

Shame to see the professional offendees win on what was an innocent remark. Assume those people don't use the Internet much

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 17 Apr 2014

(17 Apr 2014, 9:28 pm)gtom Shame to see the professional offendees win on what was an innocent remark. Assume those people don't use the Internet much

I had three PMs about it and two people "reported" it too - I was fine with the post (probably said a lot worse myself) but the best call was to delete the posts and forget it ever happened to get everything back on-topic, given the number of people who it offended!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 17 Apr 2014

(17 Apr 2014, 9:32 pm)Dan I had three PMs about it and two people "reported" it too - best call was to delete the posts and forget it ever happened!

To be fair, I don't think he meant to offend anyone with that comment, just didn't think of the suitability of it for a public forum before posting! I agree, lets forget about it.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 17 Apr 2014

(stands off soapbox)

Question; those people on the Go North East Facebook page. Are they all stupid?!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 17 Apr 2014

(17 Apr 2014, 9:40 pm)gtom (stands off soapbox)

Question; those people on the Go North East Facebook page. Are they all stupid?!

Im not on it, whats happened?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 17 Apr 2014

(17 Apr 2014, 9:45 pm)Michael Im not on it, whats happened?

i have only just came back what did i miss?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 17 Apr 2014

Someone asked about what the Lambton Worm has to do with the route of the 34/34A.

There is an artwork near South Pelaw called the Lambton worm, the 34/34A passes within metres of this as it travels along Pelton Lane.

View Larger Map

As for the 71 been called the Lambton Worm, whilst guess it's due to local folklore. In case some of you didn't realise, there's also a Wetherspoons pub in Sunderland called the Lambton Worm too.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 17 Apr 2014

(17 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm)GMitchelhill Someone asked about what the Lambton Worm has to do with the route of the 34/34A.

There is an artwork near South Pelaw called the Lambton worm, the 34/34A passes within metres of this as it travels along Pelton Lane.

View Larger Map

As for the 71 been called the Lambton Worm, whilst guess it's due to local folklore. In case some of you didn't realise, there's also a Wetherspoons pub in Sunderland called the Lambton Worm too.

isnt there a pub called Lambton Worm i am convinced it is on 21 route could ya help me solve the mystery

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 18 Apr 2014

It's on North Road in Chester Le Street.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 18 Apr 2014

(18 Apr 2014, 12:51 am)GMitchelhill It's on North Road in Chester Le Street.

Correct, it's along at North Lodge and there is also the Lambton Arms Hotel located in the middle of Front Street.

RE: Go North East - Latest - gtom - 18 Apr 2014

Apologies all I was referring to the 'is it Sunday service' brigade despite it being plastered all over the wall and website.

Can't work out if it is laziness or plain stupidity

Clifton Hignett and Puylis are needed!!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 18 Apr 2014

(18 Apr 2014, 9:43 am)gtom Apologies all I was referring to the 'is it Sunday service' brigade despite it being plastered all over the wall and website.

Haha i noticed that to, some people dont read posts from them at all

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 18 Apr 2014

(18 Apr 2014, 9:43 am)gtom Apologies all I was referring to the 'is it Sunday service' brigade despite it being plastered all over the wall and website.

I once let rip at someone a few years ago on Good Friday, asking if it was sunday service, I plainly said 'Is good friday a bank holiday' answer 'yes' which I replied 'how does buses run on any other bank holiday answer 'sunday service' to which I replied 'use your head then, every bank holiday is a sunday service, no matter what day of the week it falls on' to which I got the lovely reply of 'theres no need to be a c**t about it'...

I had been having a bad day that day [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 18 Apr 2014

I was starting to wonder if the Bank Holiday/are buses running brigade were part of another flash mob from here.

Never mind Clifford or Fyacebuk - wonder how the real Hignett and whatever his sidekick was called are reacting?
Dying to know if they are still in the pip with GNE!

(17 Apr 2014, 10:57 pm)GMitchelhill asked about what the Lambton Worm has to do with the route of the 34/34A.

View Larger Map

Despite having lived on Hilda Park (which is yards from the artwork) it was only when you mentioned it previously, that I knew about the art on the lines. I spoke to others who live in the area and they were none the wiser either.
If the 34/a is named after a piece of art which not many people know about and is miles from where the story originates from anyway - then it is even more baffling than I initially thought.

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 18 Apr 2014

(18 Apr 2014, 9:45 am)Michael Haha i noticed that to, some people dont read posts from them at all

It's when they say "I've not seen it advertised anywhere!"... erm, it's been on the website for weeks and they usually mention it on the buses too.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 18 Apr 2014

(18 Apr 2014, 9:51 am)BJ10VUS It's when they say "I've not seen it advertised anywhere!"... erm, it's been on the website for weeks and they usually mention it on the buses too.

That makes me laugh too, they never see it advertised but they are the people who will populate the Operators Facebook or Twitter pages...

Some people are just like me, only happy when there is something to moan about Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Latest - Jimmi - 18 Apr 2014

People are terrible at remembering that most services operate to a Sunday timetable on bank holidays, but the funniest is people forget that no services operate on boxing day, every year I see people standing waiting for a bus in Newton Aycliffe Town Centre.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 18 Apr 2014

(18 Apr 2014, 10:17 am)Jimmi People are terrible at remembering that most services operate to a Sunday timetable on bank holidays, but the funniest is people forget that no services operate on boxing day, every year I see people standing waiting for a bus in Newton Aycliffe Town Centre.

Well that's just people not realising that Arriva haven't stepped into the 21st Century yet... (http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/011/848/cold.jpg ) Tongue
Fewer people have this problem if they live on GNE/SNE turf!

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 18 Apr 2014

(15 Apr 2014, 3:10 pm)BJ10VUS One of Chester-le-Street's 'Northern' branded Solars (I've forgotten which one, although 4929 rings a bell) has been fitted with a full two-line LED side display, similar to the ones used on the 'Great Park' and 'Fab Fifty Seven' buses.

I know this is several days later, but I had 4929 on the 50 after a changeover at Chester on Wednesday and 4929 has not been fitted with the 2 line display. 4926, 4930 and 4931 were also out while I was and I didn't see anything different on their side displays. I guess that leaves 4927 and 4928.