North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Jimmi - 24 Aug 2014

Just me that thinks that it would better if the X24 started an hour later and finish an hour earlier on Sundays, as I can't imagine many people board the 0910 journey from Durham which arrives an hour before the shops open where if it left at 1010 it would arrive as the shops open at 11am and the last journey would leave 5 minutes before the shops shut although the cinema and restaurants are open later.

Also think the X24 would do better if it stopped at all stops between Durham and Birtley.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 24 Aug 2014

Arriva were providing a 900 Metro replacement service between North Shields and Shiremoor today. I noticed 7471, 7473, 7445, 7446, 7612 & 7613.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - mb134 - 24 Aug 2014

I wonder how long Ashingtons three new Streetlites will stay there before being moved along, just like the last three sets of single deckers new there have been (1923/4 1404-7 and 1480-83).
Is there any reason why they keep getting them taken away?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Philly rf - 24 Aug 2014

Are blyth due some 05 darts to replace the dda buses

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm)mb134 I wonder how long Ashingtons three new Streetlites will stay there before being moved along, just like the last three sets of single deckers new there have been (1923/4 1404-7 and 1480-83).

I remember back in 2011 when 7616 - 7627 was delivered that 4 out of the 12 were supposed to be going to Ashington (presumably for the X18 known as the 518 back then).

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 5:45 pm)Philly rf Are blyth due some 05 darts to replace the dda buses

Yes they are down to receive 5 05 plate MPD's once Durham's Streetlites arrive towards the end of next month.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Roland Pratt - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 5:17 pm)mb134 I wonder how long Ashingtons three new Streetlites will stay there before being moved along, just like the last three sets of single deckers new there have been (1923/4 1404-7 and 1480-83).

Its not just Ashington. Look at Durham with the Omnicities and late MPDs, Darlington Solos to Northumberland, Stockton X6 Omnicities....

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Roland Pratt - 24 Aug 2014

(23 Aug 2014, 11:29 am)Jimmi The 7 became single decker operated when it ran every 15 minutes as the 713/723 although double deckers still appeared until August 2011 when double deckers were banned from the 7/7A when the 7A was extended to Brasside.

The X1 is very busy especially as the 1 no longer runs to Crook anymore.

You get timetables from the Dolphin Centre in Darlington and I think the library has some too.

Can't remember how long the 213 used to take but I remember it used to go via Woodham.

Bishop Auckland Tourist Information in the Market Place.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - mb134 - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 6:14 pm)Roland Pratt Its not just Ashington. Look at Durham with the Omnicities and late MPDs, Darlington Solos to Northumberland, Stockton X6 Omnicities....
Is there any point giving the buses to these depots in the first place if they're going to be moved on quickly?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 24 Aug 2014

1571-3 have been spotted at Heysham Docks today(1571/2 in the photo)

Information and photo @ Paul Jenkinson

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 24 Aug 2014

Nice shade of blue - seems different to current vehicles.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 24 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 10:35 pm)G-CPTN Nice shade of blue - seems different to current vehicles.

That's because they are Sapphire vehicles. The only vehicles on order this year to come in standard livery are Durham's 1574-8 and Ashington's 1579-81.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 24 Aug 2014

Why did Arriva change the 306 from double to single decks? And do you think in 2018 the 306 will go back to being operated by double decks when the green bus fund period for the 308 comes to an end? I think that with the competition by GNE with the CC and Citylink, Arriva should upgrade both the 306 and 308 to Sapphire spec and have both services interworking to improve reliability. Jesmond could operate 8 and Blyth would operate the other 10 with spares at both Blyth and Jesmond.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - coldav - 24 Aug 2014

At least 11 Streetlights lined up at Thorntons. Couldn't identify any through the gap in the hedge!

Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 25 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 10:35 pm)G-CPTN Nice shade of blue - seems different to current vehicles.
I think it depends what angle you view them from. I also thought that the light blue section looked smaller than it is on the rest of the Sapphire buses.

When you view from the front, the darker colour doesn't seem to dominate as much.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Jimmi - 25 Aug 2014

(25 Aug 2014, 5:22 am)Dan I think it depends what angle you view them from. I also thought that the light blue section looked smaller than it is on the rest of the Sapphire buses.

When you view from the front, the darker colour doesn't seem to dominate as much.

It will seem like there is less of the dark colour when the swirls are applied.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - JoshP - 25 Aug 2014

(24 Aug 2014, 9:58 pm)Kuyoyo 1571-3 have been spotted at Heysham Docks today(1571/2 in the photo)

Information and photo @ Paul Jenkinson

Streetlite's are far more good looking vehicles than Pulsars. Good styling on the bodywork. I always wondered what a StreetLite decker would potentially look like.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 25 Aug 2014

I've come to a conclusion about the 308 and GNE's 21 after seeing three (2 x 308's and 1x 21) running late. Basically, as well as commuter buses, they're also in a sense tourist and one off buses where many people use them more than other routes for social and pleasure purposes rather than mostly domestic purposes particularly off peak and even more so on weekends and bank holidays. This in turn means that passenger numbers are higher and more cash fares have to be processed and to make it worse not to the fault of the customer not knowing the fares, drivers also have to spend time giving change. Here's what I suggest:

- No return fares and instead, replaced by clearly publicised and easy to understand fare zone stages a bit like the Metro with the option to purchase single or
day savers for either route according to how many zones are required.

- Exact fare only for Network One day tickets, Coorporate wide day tickets (tripple on Arriva and Buzzfare on GNE), Get Around (Go North East), Teen Card (Arriva), Nexus CAT and the single and daysaver options.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - mb134 - 25 Aug 2014

(25 Aug 2014, 1:39 pm)DaveyBowyer I've come to a conclusion about the 308 and GNE's 21 after seeing three (2 x 308's and 1x 21) running late. Basically, as well as commuter buses, they're also in a sense tourist and one off buses where many people use them more than other routes for social and pleasure purposes rather than mostly domestic purposes particularly off peak and even more so on weekends and bank holidays. This in turn means that passenger numbers are higher and more cash fares have to be processed and to make it worse not to the fault of the customer not knowing the fares, drivers also have to spend time giving change. Here's what I suggest:

- No return fares and instead, replaced by clearly publicised and easy to understand fare zone stages a bit like the Metro with the option to purchase single or
day savers for either route according to how many zones are required.

- Exact fare only for Network One day tickets, Coorporate wide day tickets (tripple on Arriva and Buzzfare on GNE), Get Around (Go North East), Teen Card (Arriva), Nexus CAT and the single and daysaver options.
Would it not be easier for operators to print their single fares on their websites, therefore passengers will have change as close to what is needed as they can do when they board?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 25 Aug 2014

(25 Aug 2014, 2:22 pm)mb134 Would it not be easier for operators to print their single fares on their websites, therefore passengers will have change as close to what is needed as they can do when they board?

Much better to develop automatic change dispensers.