North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1314)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - G-CPTN - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 4:41 pm)Kuyoyo All new vehicles, regardless of specification, have E-leather seats.

That won't please the 685 passengers!

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm)G-CPTN That won't please the 685 passengers!

Service 685 isn't getting new buses - the OmniCitys are being refurbished to standard specification with seatbelts.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 4:44 pm)Dan Service 685 isn't getting new buses - the OmniCitys are being refurbished to standard specification with seatbelts.

That is now on hold I understand (and seatbelts were never planned). Also the seating in 4660-2/4 is not e-leather but proper leather.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - John_R - 27 Aug 2014

Seen by a family member this afternoon, was an Arriva bus in the green leaf livery on a Thorntons Low loader heading to Faverdale depot.
My guess is that it was one of the ex MAN gas bus demonstrators.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 4:53 pm)John_R Seen by a family member this afternoon, was an Arriva bus in the green leaf livery on a Thorntons Low loader heading to Faverdale depot.
My guess is that it was one of the ex MAN gas bus demonstrators.

4809 has been at Thorntons having its accident damage fixed, so will likely be this one!

Nice to see the next batch of Streetlites starting to arrive already, these are 4 weeks earlier than planned so our cascades may well see stuff leaving the fleet earlier than we expected!

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - John_R - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm)tyresmoke 4809 has been at Thorntons having its accident damage fixed, so will likely be this one!

Nice to see the next batch of Streetlites starting to arrive already, these are 4 weeks earlier than planned so our cascades may well see stuff leaving the fleet earlier than we expected!

Forgot about 4809, thanks Scott

(27 Aug 2014, 4:46 pm)Kuyoyo That is now on hold I understand (and seatbelts were never planned). Also the seating in 4660-2/4 is not e-leather but proper leather.

After Stagecoach announced to the local press (in Hexham, iirc?) that they'd be investing in two brand new vehicles, equipped with seatbelts, didn't Arriva also have a quote suggesting that they would also refurbish the buses so that the buses they allocate to service 685 would lose the 'slippy leather' and gain seatbelts?

(27 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm)Dan After Stagecoach announced to the local press (in Hexham, iirc?) that they'd be investing in two brand new vehicles, equipped with seatbelts, didn't Arriva also have a quote suggesting that they would also refurbish the buses so that the buses they allocate to service 685 would lose the 'slippy leather' and gain seatbelts?

“Our plans are that, from late summer, we will be replacing those vehicles with leather seats, with fabric seating. We’re looking at the options in terms of handrails and whether we can fit seatbelts in any of the forward or side-facing seats.”

Source: http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/2.2978/tynedale-bus-bosses-pledge-to-improve-685-fleet-1.1117652

Clearly, as summer has now passed, these plans have been delayed. I assume that the plan will still go ahead, but it's just delayed in order to allow for MAX refurbishments first? These are obviously the priority. I wouldn't like to think Arriva gave out false claims to the residents of Hexham - they don't take too kindly to that sort of thing...

(27 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm)Dan After Stagecoach announced to the local press (in Hexham, iirc?) that they'd be investing in two brand new vehicles, equipped with seatbelts, didn't Arriva also have a quote suggesting that they would also refurbish the buses so that the buses they allocate to service 685 would lose the 'slippy leather' and gain seatbelts?

The statement was made at a meeting of Northumberland County Council's West Area Committee meeting in response to a petition complaining about the 685 service.

Stagecoach promised new vehicles whilst Arriva 'only' offered to refurbish the seats (without the slippery 'leather') and consider fitting seatbelts (as had been fitted when Arriva ran coaches on the route):-

http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/2.2978/tynedale-bus-bosses-pledge-to-improve-685-fleet-1.1117652

(27 Aug 2014, 5:02 pm)Dan Clearly, as summer has now passed, these plans have been delayed. I assume that the plan will still go ahead, but it's just delayed in order to allow for MAX refurbishments first? These are obviously the priority. I wouldn't like to think Arriva gave out false claims to the residents of Hexham - they don't take too kindly to that sort of thing...

I believe they are considering other options now.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 5:12 pm)Kuyoyo I believe they are considering other options now.

Such as?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - L469 YVK - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 4:43 pm)JoshP So are Eco Vehicles regarded as just standard specification? If so, why do the MAN's have headrests and not the Streetlite's? I guess it was just down to the time they were ordered?

The Streetlite isn't a conventional hybrid or a paralell. It's only in them colours to match the 308.

(27 Aug 2014, 5:14 pm)citaro5284 Such as?

Maybe what Dan said earlier might be a hint:

(27 Aug 2014, 4:44 pm)Dan Service 685 isn't getting new buses

Now flip that round - maybe the 85/685 might be getting new stock maybe Dan is right and the OmniCitys will be refurbished, we shall have to wait and see what the 2015 order brings.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 6:04 pm)Kuyoyo Maybe what Dan said earlier might be a hint:

Now flip that round - maybe the 85/685 might be getting new stock maybe Dan is right and the OmniCitys will be refurbished, we shall have to wait and see what the 2015 order brings.

Canny few maybe's in there like Tony.....Tongue

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 27 Aug 2014

(27 Aug 2014, 5:23 pm)DaveyBowyer The Streetlite isn't a conventional hybrid or a paralell. It's only in them colours to match the 308.

Aren't they Micro Hybrids which are more eco-friendly than the Streetlite Max? Think if thats the case there is some logic behind the buses been in those colours and not just to match with the 308.

The StreetLite Micro Hybrid was launched in 2013. It is available in all of the standard StreetLite lengths and capacities. While not a "hybrid" in the usual sense, the StreetLite Micro Hybrid recovers energy lost from braking to power the vehicle electrics and compressed air systems, saving up to 10% in fuel costs. The bus itself runs from a conventional StreetLite drivetrain, as opposed to a small diesel engine and electric motor in normal hybrids.
From:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_StreetLite#StreetLite_Micro_Hybrid

(27 Aug 2014, 6:55 pm)Robert Aren't they Micro Hybrids which are more eco-friendly than the Streetlite Max? Think if thats the case there is some logic behind the buses been in those colours and not just to match with the 308.

Yes, but all of the Streetlites ordered this year were in the Micro-Hybrid set up - and the ones for the 306 are the only ones in this livery.

Davey is right, it's to integrate the 306/308.

(27 Aug 2014, 7:06 pm)Dan Yes, but all of the Streetlites ordered this year were in the Micro-Hybrid set up - and the ones for the 306 are the only ones in this livery.

Davey is right, it's to integrate the 306/308.

Just on another note too, will these ones also have free wi-fi to coordinate with the 308?

With the 306 operating on Streetlites and no, I wouldn't particularly want Battle Hill to just become all silver and orange but for the sake of the 308, would it not be more beneficial to keep the 306 on the Coast Road? It would stop the need for a 10 minute gap between the 306 and the next 308 between Billy Mill and Willington Square which if running only slightly late, can get a hammering due to the 10 minute gap between the 2 services. It wouldn't prove too costly either due to the low running costs of the Streetlite.

(27 Aug 2014, 7:15 pm)DaveyBowyer Just on another note too, will these ones also have free wi-fi to coordinate with the 308?

All new vehicles have WiFi as standard.

(27 Aug 2014, 7:19 pm)DaveyBowyer With the 306 operating on Streetlites and no, I wouldn't particularly want Battle Hill to just become all silver and orange but for the sake of the 308, would it not be more beneficial to keep the 306 on the Coast Road? It would stop the need for a 10 minute gap between the 306 and the next 308 between Billy Mill and Willington Square which if running only slightly late, can get a hammering due to the 10 minute gap between the 2 services. It wouldn't prove too costly either due to the low running costs of the Streetlite.

Unlikely