North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1342)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Stagecoach North East - Dan - 23 Mar 2013

19197 has acquired leather seating, as can be seen in the photographs below:
19197 (1) (North East And Regional Bus Photos)
19197 (2) (North East And Regional Bus Photos)

RE: Stagecoach North East - mattdw92 - 23 Mar 2013

(23 Mar 2013, 7:36 pm)Daniel 19197 has acquired leather seating, as can be seen in the photographs below:
19197 (1) (North East And Regional Bus Photos)
19197 (2) (North East And Regional Bus Photos)

I was under the impression this was common knowledge? - my mistake lol
Its had more than the seats and a lick of paint. When it went for refurbishment back in the first half of February, it got a near full body re-panelling plus all its windows were ripped out and new ones were put in. The interior also got a substantial amount of repairs (like seat backs and plastics) as well as deep clean throughout, plus the e-leather of course. When it returned on the 13th I was on it a few days later and could only think about the elderly complaining about them sliding off the e-leather!

19194/6 are also receiving the same treatment in due course.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Dan - 24 Mar 2013

(23 Mar 2013, 11:36 pm)mattdw92 I was under the impression this was common knowledge? - my mistake lol

The fact that it was happening was common knowledge, a photo of the interior (to my knowledge) hadn't yet been released. Having said that, a lot of photos do go unnoticed by me.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Dan - 24 Mar 2013

A reminder of the service changes that occur from today and tomorrow.

6 - 25/03/13
Metrocentre - Kingston Park - Freeman Hospital
Revised Timetable

7/8 - 25/03/13
Freeman Hospital - Kenton Bar Estate - Metrocentre
Freeman Hospital - Kenton Bar Estate - Newcastle
Revised Timetable

10/11 - 24/03/13
South Shields - Horsley Hill - Biddick Hall - Jarrow
South Shields - Biddick Hall - Horsley Hill - Jarrow
Revised Timetable

15/15A - 24/03/13
Walker - Newcastle - Kenton
Revised Timetable

18 - 24/03/13
Forest Hall - Longbenton - Heaton - Wallsend
Four Lane Ends - Heaton - Walker
Stagecoach & Arriva
Revised Timetable

32/32A - 24/03/13
Newcastle - Kenton Bar - Four Lane Ends - Freeman Hospital/Newcastle
Newcastle /Freeman Hospital - Four Lane Ends - Kenton Bar - Newcastle
Stagecoach, Arriva & Go North East
Revised Timetables

33/33A - 24/03/13
Newcastle - Jesmond - Gosforth/Fawdon
Revised Timetable

35 - 24/03/13
Newcastle - Fawdon - Newcastle
Revised Timetable

62/63 - 24/03/13
North Walbottle - Newcastle - Killingworth
Chapel House - Newcastle - Killingworth
Revised Timetable

X63 - 24/03/13
Newcastle - Killingworth - Newcastle
Revised Route & Timetable

RE: Stagecoach North East - Michael - 24 Mar 2013

Also road works today in Sunderland..

On Sunday 24 March 2013, the busy road junction at Fawcett Street/ Borough Road/ Holmeside will have to be temporarily closed to allow for remedial carriageway works and the removal of the traffic islands.

These works are part of the "Better Bus Areas" scheme, which will ultimately enable Borough Road to become a 2-way road for buses.

In addition to the Fawcett Street junction closure, Sunderland City Council will also be closing John Street at the same time so as to allow for remedial works to be undertaken on a failed speed table, close to St.Thomas’ Street. These works are being "piggy-backed" onto the Fawcett Street junction closure so as to remove a further closure in the coming months.

Services 3, 4, 13, 23: Southbound buses will operate normal route as far as Wearmouth Bridge, then divert via St.Marys Way (stopping at Marks and Spencers), High Street West (stopping outside Londonderry Hotel, stop “S42”), and St. Michaels Way, resuming normal routes at the Priestman Roundabout.
Northbound buses will operate via this route reversed, observing the eastbound bus stop on High Street West, opposite The Londonderry.
Services 3, 4, 13, 23 will be unable to observe their normal bus stops along Fawcett Street, John Street, Holmeside or Vine Place.

Service 5A: Eastbound buses will operate normal route as far as Chester Road, then divert via St. Michaels Way, High Street West (stopping opposite The Londonderry), St.Marys Way, West Wear Street, and High Street East. From the Docks, buses will operate normal route as far as West Lawrence Street, then divert via Sans Street, West Wear Street, St.Marys Way (stopping at Marks and Spencers), High Street West (stopping outside Londonderry Hotel, stop “S42”), and St. Michaels Way, resuming normal route at Chester Road.
Service 5A will be unable to observe its normal bus stops along Vine Place, Holmeside, Fawcett Street or Borough Road.

Service 10,11: Buses towards Grangetown will operate normal route as far as St. Michaels Way then divert via High Street West (stopping opposite The Londonderry), St.Marys Way, West Wear Street, Sans Street and Borough Road (east), resuming normal routes at Tatham Street.
Towards Quarry View, buses will operate normal routes as far as Tatham Street, then divert via Borough Road, Sans Street, West Wear Street, St.Marys Way (stopping at Marks and Spencers), High Street West (stopping outside Londonderry Hotel, stop “S42”), and resuming normal routes at St. Michaels Way.
Services 10 and 11 will be unable to observe their normal bus stops along Green Terrace, Vine Place, Holmeside, Fawcett Street, Athenaeum Street or Borough Road.

Service 16: Buses towards Hastings Hill will operate normal route as far as Wearmouth Bridge, then divert via St.Marys Way (stopping at Marks and Spencers), High Street West (stopping outside Londonderry Hotel, stop “S42”), and St. Michaels Way, resuming normal route at Chester Road.
Buses towards Red House will operate via this route reversed, observing the eastbound bus stop on High Street West, opposite The Londonderry.
Service 16 will be unable to observe its normal bus stops along Fawcett Street, John Street, Holmeside, Vine Place or Green Terrace.

Service 20: Buses to the city centre will operate normal route as far as St. Michaels Way then divert via High Street West (terminating opposite The Londonderry). Buses towards Pennywell will then commence service at St.Marys Way (Marks and Spencers), and observe their normal westbound bus stops along High Street West.
Service 20 will be unable to observe its normal bus stops along Green Terrace, Vine Place or Fawcett Street.

Services E1, E2, E6: Buses from Sunderland towards South Shields will operate from Park Lane Interchange via St.Michaels Way and High Street West (stopping opposite The Londonderry), then via St Marys Way onto Wearmouth Bridge. Buses can continue to operate their normal routes towards Sunderland Park Lane.
Services E1, E2, and E6 will be unable to observe their normal bus stops along Fawcett Street.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience or disruption these temporary road closures by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding whilst these works are undertaken.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Michael - 24 Mar 2013

1 of Sunderland's darts has broken down on premier road, i heard a bang after i got off at the prospect and the bus was leaning to 1 side

RE: Stagecoach North East - tyresmoke - 24 Mar 2013

Probably an airbag gone bang, or a suspension fault.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Dan - 25 Mar 2013

Newcastle's City Sightseeing service started again yesterday (24/03/13).

The first photos of the 2013 CS1 service can be viewed below:
14674 (1) (danielgrahamm)
14674 (2) (danielgrahamm)

RE: Stagecoach North East - Michael - 25 Mar 2013

Sunderland buses starting to get them circle price things back on with revised prices.. Seen on the 18 this morning at the prospect and on the 3 which i got on this morning.

Sunderland megarider gonna be £12
Day ticket.. Not sure as i only really looked for the megarider price.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Dan - 25 Mar 2013

(25 Mar 2013, 6:44 am)Michael Sunderland buses starting to get them circle price things back on with revised prices.. Seen on the 18 this morning at the prospect and on the 3 which i got on this morning.

Sunderland megarider gonna be £12
Day ticket.. Not sure as i only really looked for the megarider price.

Yes, I noticed Stagecoach in Sunderland 22190 had the new stickers applied (i.e. "Hello", "Dayrider" etc)
The Darts still hadn't had them applied though, or at least, the "Dayrider" and "Megarider" stickers on the windows.

RE: Stagecoach North East - idiot - 25 Mar 2013

Disappointing that no notices on buses or website regarding increases.

RE: Stagecoach North East - mattdw92 - 25 Mar 2013

Although Sheffield have around 20 or so MANs in storage...... it would appear that the five E400's that are going to Hull to displace ALX400's to Stockton have turned up at Holbrook on their way and staying on short term loan due to a "severe" vehicle shortages. So I assume a further delay to Stockton arrivals.

Hull originally needed their ex-Manc E400s for service changes on 1st April...

Notices on buses today. Price increase from Sun 31st March.

Not exactly a lot of notice is it? 2 weeks would of been better IMO.

Annual Fares Review: Changes from 31st March
Adult Singles: up 5-10p
Adult Transfares: 10p added to all fare stages
Child Offpeak Single: 85p
Child Offpeak Return: 95p (from 90p)

Newcastle Megarider: £12.90 (from £12.50)
Newcastle Megarider Plus: £15.40 (from £15.00)
South Shields Megarider: £10.80 (from 10.50)
South Shields Megarider Plus: £13.80 (from £13.50)
Sunderland Megarider: £12.00 (from £11.70)

Tyne & Wear Dayrider: £3.80 (from £3.70)
Tyne & Wear Dayrider Plus: £4.90 (from £4.70)
Ponteland Return: £3.80

VIP Weekly: £7.80 (from £7.50)
VIP Daily: £2.30 (from £2.20)

Explorer Adult: £9.30 (from £9.00)
Explorer Child/Concession: £8.30 (from £8.00)
Expolorer Family: £18.60 (from 18.60)

Online tickets though Stagecoach website are not increasing.
New style Dayrider and Megarider transparent stickers now being applied to vehicles.

Hopefully previous prices are right as work out myself(!)

RE: Stagecoach North East - NEB Admin Team - 25 Mar 2013

(25 Mar 2013, 7:03 pm)mattdw92 Annual Fares Review: Changes from 31st March
Adult Singles: up 5-10p
Adult Transfares: 10p added to all fare stages
Child Offpeak Single: 85p
Child Offpeak Return: 95p (from 90p)

Newcastle Megarider: £12.90 (from £12.50)
Newcastle Megarider Plus: £15.40 (from £15.00)
South Shields Megarider: £10.80 (from 10.50)
South Shields Megarider Plus: £13.80 (from £13.50)
Sunderland Megarider: £12.00 (from £11.70)

Tyne & Wear Dayrider: £3.80 (from £3.70)
Tyne & Wear Dayrider Plus: £4.90 (from £4.70)
Ponteland Return: £3.80

VIP Weekly: £7.80 (from £7.50)
VIP Daily: £2.30 (from £2.20)

Explorer Adult: £9.30 (from £9.00)
Explorer Child/Concession: £8.30 (from £8.00)
Expolorer Family: £18.60 (from 18.60)

Online tickets though Stagecoach website are not increasing.
New style Dayrider and Megarider transparent stickers now being applied to vehicles.

Hopefully previous prices are right as work out myself(!)

Not mentioned on that link, but the Sunderland North Estates Dayrider is increasing from £3 to £3.10 from the same date -

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/sunderland-dayrider.aspx

Call me clueless but it's the first I've ever heard of a Tyne & Wear Dayrider Plus version of the normal Dayrider! Huh

Sap, what is the dayrider plus and what is newcastle and shields plus tickets to?

A Tyne and Wear Dayrider Plus offers unlimited daily travel across Stagecoach services throughout Tyne and Wear and Northumberland. The normal dayrider does not include Northumberland.

The Newcastle Megarider Plus offers travel which is valid within outer Newcastle areas e.g. Throckley and X34 to South Shield. Normal Megarider is inner Newcastle.

South Shields Megrider Plus is valid on the X34. Normal South Shields Megrider is inner South Shields.

For more info see here.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Dan - 26 Mar 2013

Some rare workings from Stagecoach on Teesside yesterday afternoon:

"36" branded 24102 on service 11 (danielgrahamm)
"37" branded 22061 on service 13A (danielgrahamm)
"37" branded 22061 on service 13 (danielgrahamm)

RE: Stagecoach North East - idiot - 26 Mar 2013

(25 Mar 2013, 9:28 pm)mattdw92 A Tyne and Wear Dayrider Plus offers unlimited daily travel across Stagecoach services throughout Tyne and Wear and Northumberland. The normal dayrider does not include Northumberland.

The Newcastle Megarider Plus offers travel which is valid within outer Newcastle areas e.g. Throckley and X34 to South Shield. Normal Megarider is inner Newcastle.

South Shields Megrider Plus is valid on the X34. Normal South Shields Megrider is inner South Shields.

For more info see here.

Thank you for the link. I was trying to find a leaflet of some sort of form before posting but was unable to locate it.

Cheers Smile

RE: Stagecoach North East - mattdw92 - 26 Mar 2013

17025/25/27 have been withdrawn from the Hull fleet and awaiting collection by Stockton. Although Manchester are being rather sluggish with E400 movements - three Hull drivers went down for them and all came back on one E400...