North East Buses
Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1353)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Dan - 27 Feb 2014

(27 Feb 2014, 7:11 pm)Michael ... well what was the point in buying them if their not gonna be used on a night on the 20... it would save money to!

Get 12 hours a day out of them!

Of course in May it won't make a difference. Tongue

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Michael - 27 Feb 2014

(27 Feb 2014, 7:12 pm)Dan Get 12 hours a day out of them!

Of course in May it won't make a difference. Tongue

Tongue it wont but still would of thought they would be on the 20 on a night since their for that route.

Still impressed it only takes 5 mins to re-fuel them.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 27 Feb 2014

(27 Feb 2014, 7:09 pm)Dan The evening allocation for 3s is the same as the daytime allocation. No gas buses out on 3s!
Surprised mind. Combined with the knowledge of a friend of mine always doing 20s and occasionally being on 3s on the nights (hence the assumption 3s ran off 20s), I'd have thought it would be cheaper to operate a gas bus than an ALX300.

Well that's got to the biggest cock up ever! New Eco buses not used on the evening services? So new buses are sitting spare post 6pm?! What a waste!

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 27 Feb 2014

(27 Feb 2014, 7:45 pm)CatsFast101 Well that's got to the biggest cock up ever! New Eco buses not used on the evening services? So new buses are sitting spare post 6pm?! What a waste!

It may well be changed at the next rota change.

(27 Feb 2014, 7:49 pm)tyresmoke It may well be changed at the next rota change.

Usually changes around the first week of April, doesn't it?

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - ... - 27 Feb 2014

There should be atleast 1 gas bus out, as im sure the evening PVR of 4 is covered by 3 vehicles off the 3s and 1 off the 20s

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 27 Feb 2014

(27 Feb 2014, 7:50 pm)Dan Usually changes around the first week of April, doesn't it?

Won't be a set date but any service changes will affect drivers duties and therefore require changes to the rotas. Sunderland won't have any differences in school holidays though, unlike Stockton or Walkergate. It remains to be seen when they'll next change them, it'll be an internal thing so I assume we'll never find out, apart from when some interworkings change.

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 27 Feb 2014

(27 Feb 2014, 7:50 pm)Dan Usually changes around the first week of April, doesn't it?

Depends on depots - Stockton's changed back in January and again last week for the school holidays (certain journeys run at different times and vehicles start at different times to schooldays) before reverting back to the January one on Monday (although the new starters only changed in January and doesn't change for the school holidays). Should change again once the Newport Road work is completed (that's if they revert back to 36s and 38s running stand alone again).

(27 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm)tyresmoke Won't be a set date but any service changes will affect drivers duties and therefore require changes to the rotas. Sunderland won't have any differences in school holidays though, unlike Stockton or Walkergate. It remains to be seen when they'll next change them, it'll be an internal thing so I assume we'll never find out, apart from when some interworkings change.

Last time we had any changes in timings was when the 3,4,16 and 20 went every 20 mins on a Sunday.

The 8 and 20 just changed their route in to the City Centre due to roadworks on St Mary's.

Can't see any massive changes in Sunderland soon.

Can't they not just put the gas buses on, not like the new buses have changed any of the route and timings?

(27 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm)dans_bus_photos There should be atleast 1 gas bus out, as im sure the evening PVR of 4 is covered by 3 vehicles off the 3s and 1 off the 20s

1803 #3 arrival from Hylton Castle performs the 1809 #20 departure from Sunderland.
1823 #3 arrival from Hylton Castle performs the 1826 #20 departure from Sunderland.
1852 #3 arrival from Farringdon performs the 1856 #20 departure from Sunderland.
1919 #3 arrival from Farringdon performs the 1926 #20 departure from Sunderland.

I'm not sure what the 1809 #20 departure does, unless it goes back to the depot out of service.

The 1956 #20 departure works off a 3 which performs a full 3 (1807 departure from Farringdon, 1845 arrival at Hylton Castle - 1855 departure, 1931 arrival at Farringdon).

(27 Feb 2014, 7:55 pm)tyresmoke Won't be a set date but any service changes will affect drivers duties and therefore require changes to the rotas. Sunderland won't have any differences in school holidays though, unlike Stockton or Walkergate. It remains to be seen when they'll next change them, it'll be an internal thing so I assume we'll never find out, apart from when some interworkings change.

I've always thought Sunderland's services were reviewed annually around this time of year ready for service changes (if necessary) in April.

(27 Feb 2014, 8:07 pm)Dan I've always thought Sunderland's services were reviewed annually around this time of year ready for service changes (if necessary) in April.

Don't expect any massive changes, be daft timings etc

(27 Feb 2014, 8:02 pm)Michael Last time we had any changes in timings was when the 3,4,16 and 20 went every 20 mins on a Sunday.

The 8 and 20 just changed their route in to the City Centre due to roadworks on St Mary's.

Can't see any massive changes in Sunderland soon.

Can't they not just put the gas buses on, not like the new buses have changed any of the route and timings?

That's the problem - if you refer to the timings I gave above, all evening 20s run off daytime 3s which are allocated ALX300s for the time being.

If what I've said above is correct regarding annual service changes being reviewed ready for changes in April, I'm not sure if it would be worth changing the evening timetable or not so that it could work the other way round, given that the month after the evening allocation will naturally be the same as the daytime allocation on 3s/20s.

(27 Feb 2014, 8:10 pm)Dan That's the problem - if you refer to the timings I gave above, all evening 20s run off daytime 3s which are allocated ALX300s for the time being.

If what I've said above is correct regarding annual service changes being reviewed ready for changes in April, I'm not sure if it would be worth changing the evening timetable or not so that it could work the other way round, given that the month after the evening allocation will naturally be the same as the daytime allocation on 3s/20s.

Could do 1 run and when they get to the town they could then change to gas buses?

Expecting the next 23 to arrive and be in service within a week or so lets say 5 arrive and they would be out within the week , can see the gas tank being extended ready for them arriving.

Temporary westbound closure of Durham Road (at Burn Park Road), affecting Services 3, 4 and 13 Service Update
During Sunday 9 March 2014, Sunderland City Council will need to temporarily close the westbound carriageway of Durham Road (at Burn Park Road) to allow for roadworks.

Last Updated : 25 February 2014 10:58

It is anticipated the road closure will be in place between approximately 0800 - 1800 on Sunday 9 March 2014, during which period buses will not be able to serve their normal westbound stops along Durham Road between the city centre and Thornholme Road.

During the works period, westbound Services 3, 4 and 13 will be diverted from Priestman Roundabout via Tunstall Road and Thornholme Road, observing all bus stops along the line of the diversionary route.

Eastbound journeys on Services 3, 4 and 13 should be unaffected by these works.

Clearly, whilst we will be endeavouring to operate these services in accordance with their published timetables, as well as continuing to liaise with our colleagues at Sunderland City Council to mitigate any problems, due to the additional mileage which is required by this diversion, and the displacement of traffic, there is the potential that bus services in the area may be subject to delays and disruption.

Stagecoach would like to apologise for any inconvenience these highways works by Sunderland City Council may cause, and we remain grateful for customers’ patience and understanding

(27 Feb 2014, 8:15 pm)Michael Could do 1 run and when they get to the town they could then change to gas buses?

Expecting the next 23 to arrive and be in service within a week or so lets say 5 arrive and they would be out within the week , can see the gas tank being extended ready for them arriving.

The problem then would be - who drives the buses from the Wheatsheaf to John Street or Fawcett Street? With Go North East, they can leave buses in Park Lane for an hour or so if they're interworking services that way on evenings. Driver just goes and sits in the officey bit I think? Stagecoach can't just leave their buses on John St/Fawcett St as all stops are used.

Got three months until the first buses in the next batch of 23 are due to arrive... Plenty of time. :p

(27 Feb 2014, 8:20 pm)Dan The problem then would be - who drives the buses from the Wheatsheaf to John Street or Fawcett Street? With Go North East, they can leave buses in Park Lane for an hour or so if they're interworking services that way on evenings. Driver just goes and sits in the officey bit I think? Stagecoach can't just leave their buses on John St/Fawcett St as all stops are used.

Got three months until the first buses in the next batch of 23 are due to arrive... Plenty of time. :p

If its Sunderland council who are building it, it wont get done by May.. haha

One of the 16's towards red house north has a "i" near the timing - 2240i - looks like it has a 17 min layover at Park lane.

They could park up in Park Lane?

(27 Feb 2014, 8:23 pm)Michael If its Sunderland council who are building it, it wont get done by May.. haha

One of the 16's towards red house north has a "i" near the timing - 2240i - looks like it has a 17 min layover at Park lane.

They could park up in Park Lane?

Hadn't actually noticed that before, and I've never seen it there when I've been in Park Lane at that time before...

Will have to have a look one night! I suppose they could if they do already.

(27 Feb 2014, 8:26 pm)Dan Hadn't actually noticed that before, and I've never seen it there when I've been in Park Lane at that time before...

Will have to have a look one night! I suppose they could if they do already.

Think its being like that for a while, not sure if its a lay over or it's waiting to go on a different service.

Defiantly think they could just change the buses when they start to inter-work, not like its gonna use loads of gas to cross the bridge haha

RE: Stagecoach North East - Latest - Robinwtait.19 - 27 Feb 2014

Dan. Is South Shields Getting Any Single Deckers From Sunderland now that the Gas buses are in service now. Have seen a few Photos of the new buses they look very smart. Regards Robin

(27 Feb 2014, 8:31 pm)Robinwtait.19 Dan. Is South Shields Getting Any Single Deckers From Sunderland now that the Gas buses are in service now. Have seen a few Photos of the new buses they look very smart. Regards Robin

Not that I know of!