North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1490)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - S813 FVK - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm)Diamond One if am not mistaken will the new Q1/Q2/Q3 now also use the soon to be former Orbit branded versas along with the existing ones that are out now i've noticed on the fleet list that there are 9 Quaylink Versas 8310 to 8318 while orbit batch are 8330 to 8338 which is 9 orbit buses so i think the PVR will be 20 as soon as everything is sorted with 8328 and 8329 to join Quaylink so is the PVR going to be 20 according to my calculations 

Really? I don't think they would have put 9 and 9 together and then add the 2 plain purple vehicles on top...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Andreos1 - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 8:37 pm)big mac The Q1 is currently timed to take 15 minutes between Gateshead Interchange and Market Street.  Probably worth just remaining on the bus for the sake of five minutes or so.

You know what people are like.
If the Q1 is going to keep the same route via Jackson St, The Sage car park etc, psychologically - I wonder if it seems longer than an extra 5mins or so?

If it is missing out a chunk and just operating via Bottle Bank into Newcastle and the 93/94 is diverted onto the quays, then it may be a different kettle of fish.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Drifter60 - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 I just love it when new liveries are shown.....the amount of art critics and professionals that are based in the North East is just unbelievable  Big Grin

So you'd rather everyone kept quiet on the issue of new brands? Or is just negative comments about brands you don't like? 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Malarkey - 09 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm)Robert How would you have designed the livery? I wouldnt have chosen green personally. I think its time for a Malarkey Mockup Big Grin

I would of quite liked to see Vinyls for the Millennium Bridge and The Sage/Baltic applied to the Versas, much like MPD 515 did when it was branded Gateshead Quays Shuttle.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 10 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 10:10 pm)Drifter60 So you'd rather everyone kept quiet on the issue of new brands? Or is just negative comments about brands you don't like? 

If I had suggested that a burger I'd purchased [at one of the catering facilities you work(ed) at, which you've mentioned on the forum previously] had a dollop of tomato ketchup thrown on without my consent, and I then perhaps listed how it could have been made better despite having no professional experience with making burgers (which is not far from the situation with Malarkey regarding the new "QuayLink" brand), you'd be the first to moan, and I highly doubt you'd do it in a tongue in cheek manner like citaro5284 did.

As I said before, it's the way in which negative feedback is conveyed that is critical - not the issuing of negative feedback in general (like aureolin, I agree the forum would be boring if we all agreed). Especially as there are so many people on this forum who could have been involved in the creation of the livery (regular posters or not), it would be a lot better if the negative feedback comes across as constructive criticism and not like a slanderous remark is being thrown around... This is, of course, just my personal opinion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Andreos1 - 10 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 10:10 pm)Drifter60 So you'd rather everyone kept quiet on the issue of new brands? Or is just negative comments about brands you don't like?

Amazing to see how a brand/livery can provoke discussion.
Unlike the 45/46/47 livery, that received only positive comment (and no digs from insiders, tongue in cheek or not) - this one seems to have split opinion...

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Acky81 - 10 Jun 2015

Roadworks on Doxford park way 20mph slowing down service 39

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Drifter60 - 10 Jun 2015

(10 Jun 2015, 4:51 am)Dan If I had suggested that a burger I'd purchased [at one of the catering facilities you work(ed) at, which you've mentioned on the forum previously] had a dollop of tomato ketchup thrown on without my consent, and I then perhaps listed how it could have been made better despite having no professional experience with making burgers (which is not far from the situation with Malarkey regarding the new "QuayLink" brand), you'd be the first to moan, and I highly doubt you'd do it in a tongue in cheek manner like citaro5284 did.

As I said before, it's the way in which negative feedback is conveyed that is critical - not the issuing of negative feedback in general (like aureolin, I agree the forum would be boring if we all agreed). Especially as there are so many people on this forum who could have been involved in the creation of the livery (regular posters or not), it would be a lot better if the negative feedback comes across as constructive criticism and not like a slanderous remark is being thrown around... This is, of course, just my personal opinion.

Well for one, I don't make the burgers anywhere I work/worked, however, I think the consumer of the product (that's anyone buying and eating a burger or someone using a bus service) has a right to any opinions they wish, and if they think they could improve the service offered then I think that's fine and I welcome any comments. It's been debated on this forum previously, about people having to walk around looking for chips and someone else not enjoying the working environment. I didn't take these comments wrong if fact I tend to agree with the former. 
Any consumer of a product has a right to express a view, negative or positive. 

I just think we shouldn't ever try to limit discussion, tounge and cheek or not, when it was mentioned about the positive new liverys no one had witty comments about 'art critics' then so I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Adrian - 10 Jun 2015

I quite like the new livery actually.

Are they dropping the destination points from the roof line though?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - cbma06 - 10 Jun 2015

(09 Jun 2015, 7:25 pm)pdiddy Wonder what it's gonna be called... 

Remember pink solos years ago... wasn't that called the pink panther!

yea, the pink panthers solos were on the D4 Arnison centre to Durham duplicating Arriva service 64, due to GNE purchasing Northumbria Coaches inheriting the depot, buses and services. GNE started to run bargain buses between Northumberland area to Newcastle offering cheaper fares etc..., Arriva fought back with running a service 153 and (154?) in front of GNE 53/54, GNE started the D4 in front of Arriva 64, and also GNE started to run service 30 between Sunderland and Hartlepool, but before it all got out of hand Arriva and GNE came up to an agreement with GNE inheriting Arriva services in Hexham and services except the 685 with Arriva taking over the GNE depot in Northumberland and the services in Northumberland.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - LeeCalder - 10 Jun 2015

I've just been informed by Neil at GNE's Customer Services department that services 82/82A are being monitored severely due to problems with the services unreliability.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Andreos1 - 10 Jun 2015

(10 Jun 2015, 10:18 am)LeeCalder I've just been informed by Neil at GNE's Customer Services department that services 82/82A are being monitored severely due to problems with the services unreliability.

Each and every time I have used it or seen it, since the changes - it has been late.
The varying routes drivers seem to take, won't help matters either.

Since the changes, I have seen some go up to Northside and scoot straight along Portmeads.
Others have came back down towards St Josephs and then cut along Birtley Lane towards the monument, before heading up Fell Bank and then Portmeads.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - LeeCalder - 10 Jun 2015

(10 Jun 2015, 10:24 am)Andreos1 Each and every time I have used it or seen it, since the changes - it has been late.
The varying routes drivers seem to take, won't help matters either.

Since the changes, I have seen some go up to Northside and scoot straight along Portmeads.
Others have came back down towards St Josephs and then cut along Birtley Lane towards the monument, before heading up Fell Bank and then Portmeads.

Yeah it's all over the place and it really is a horrendous service. One has just passed my house 11 minutes late. 

They tend to go where ever the bloody hell they want and it is very annoying when they take little shortcuts like going straight from Northside to Postmeads without going via Fell Bank.

I got the 9:39am 82A from the Galleries to Barley Mow today and it was roughly 12/13 mins late, the driver didn't care and all the bus station manager said was it's the traffic lights in Birtley. I then pointed out it was going to Birtley and hadn't been, to which he just said "I don't know then, what can I do about it"

(10 Jun 2015, 10:29 am)LeeCalder Yeah it's all over the place and it really is a horrendous service. One has just passed my house 11 minutes late. 

They tend to go where ever the bloody hell they want and it is very annoying when they take little shortcuts like going straight from Northside to Postmeads without going via Fell Bank.

I got the 9:39am 82A from the Galleries to Barley Mow today and it was roughly 12/13 mins late, the driver didn't care and all the bus station manager said was it's the traffic lights in Birtley. I then pointed out it was going to Birtley and hadn't been, to which he just said "I don't know then, what can I do about it"

The roughly 10mins late rule, seems to be the norm, at least when I have been on it or seen it on the western portion of the route.
No idea where the issue lies though. Although I haven't used or witnessed the section east of the galleries since the changes earlier this year.

When the 82/83 ran, there were often delays, but the combined '15min' frequency, meant that the chances of one of them turning up was greater - even if they ran together for portions of the route.

Now, it has got to the stage where I daren't run the risk of going for it and choose to drive instead.

Just to get away from the 82/82A debate for a second.... you only have until 12th June to vote for your faveorite bus driver!

http://www.topnationalbusdriver.co.uk/joomla/online-nomination

Personally I voted for Pat Armstong. It was between her, Audrey or John Westmorland are what ever Bazza says his name is

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Dan - 10 Jun 2015

In addition to "QuayLink" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8318 (NK10 GOU), former "Orbit" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8334 (NK11 HJE) has arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint.

Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka 6131 (YN04 GJE) was due to be sent to Stanley yesterday, after receiving a deep clean. Similarly, 6122 (GX03 SSU) and 6126 (GX03 SUY) are also due to transfer across.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Michael - 10 Jun 2015

(10 Jun 2015, 11:18 am)Dan In addition to "QuayLink" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8318 (NK10 GOU), former "Orbit" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8334 (NK11 HJE) has arrived at Saltmeadows Road for repaint.

Scania N94UD/East Lancs OmniDekka 6131 (YN04 GJE) was due to be sent to Stanley yesterday, after receiving a deep clean. Similarly, 6122 (GX03 SSU) and 6126 (GX03 SUY) are also due to transfer across.

Cheers for the update =)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - Davie - 10 Jun 2015

6011 was on the X1 and it sounded horrific!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - South Tyne Lad - 10 Jun 2015

(10 Jun 2015, 1:43 pm)Davie 6011 was on the X1 and it sounded horrific!

The ex London B7TLs have had a hard life, They were pushed to the limits on central londons routes and then pushed to the limit on hilly, steep, and fast northeast routes.

In my opinion I think theve aged quickly since arriving here, i remember when they first came for the metro replacements in 2011?  and thought they were really powerful but I had a ride on one on the X21 the other day and struggled to get up the slightest gradients and struugled to get past 25 on the A1 with the cooling fan at a deafening sound but I forgot what one it is.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015 - JP6004 - 10 Jun 2015

When these 14 Solo arrive for East Durham network, I wonder if GNE will give the last Solo the fleet number of 666, or if they will skip to 667