Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2015

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (58): Previous 120 21 2258 Next
09 Jun 2015, 7:15 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 7:13 pm)pdiddy To go along with 6034 which broke down at Gatesheed around 11ish

Sounded very bad when it was operating the 08:00ish to Newcastle through Chester-le-Street yesterday morning. Bad enough that I remember!
R852 PRG
09 Jun 2015, 7:15 pm #401

(09 Jun 2015, 7:13 pm)pdiddy To go along with 6034 which broke down at Gatesheed around 11ish

Sounded very bad when it was operating the 08:00ish to Newcastle through Chester-le-Street yesterday morning. Bad enough that I remember!

09 Jun 2015, 7:19 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 2:58 pm)South Tyne Lad They should add 8328/9 to the brand and that will provide the extra bus for you Smile
one question, Wouldn't  all the 10 Reg and the 61 Reg ones from the orbit be too many buses? if so they should transfer some 10 Reg ones to the East Durham or North Tyne Links.....
or has the East Durham been confirmed in getting some brand new solos? 

East Durham getting Solos (dark pink)
pdiddy
09 Jun 2015, 7:19 pm #402

(09 Jun 2015, 2:58 pm)South Tyne Lad They should add 8328/9 to the brand and that will provide the extra bus for you Smile
one question, Wouldn't  all the 10 Reg and the 61 Reg ones from the orbit be too many buses? if so they should transfer some 10 Reg ones to the East Durham or North Tyne Links.....
or has the East Durham been confirmed in getting some brand new solos? 

East Durham getting Solos (dark pink)

09 Jun 2015, 7:22 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 7:19 pm)pdiddy East Durham getting Solos (dark pink)

Let's hope the brand looks decent then.... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2015, 7:22 pm #403

Let's hope the brand looks decent then.... 

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

09 Jun 2015, 7:25 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 7:22 pm)Michael Let's hope the brand looks decent then.... 

Wonder what it's gonna be called... 

Remember pink solos years ago... wasn't that called the pink panther!
pdiddy
09 Jun 2015, 7:25 pm #404

(09 Jun 2015, 7:22 pm)Michael Let's hope the brand looks decent then.... 

Wonder what it's gonna be called... 

09 Jun 2015, 7:28 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 7:25 pm)pdiddy Wonder what it's gonna be called... 

I hope it stays as "East Durham", i think the brand suits yellow to.... i hope if it stays as "East Durham" and it works on a pink background....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2015, 7:28 pm #405

I hope it stays as "East Durham", i think the brand suits yellow to.... i hope if it stays as "East Durham" and it works on a pink background....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

09 Jun 2015, 7:28 pm

It was indeed - started off as the D4 between Arnison Centre and Durham before being moved over to Percy Main where the brand lost its touch with it serving the area which was the punchline to the classic joke relating to the Pink Panthers.
S813 FVK
09 Jun 2015, 7:28 pm #406

It was indeed - started off as the D4 between Arnison Centre and Durham before being moved over to Percy Main where the brand lost its touch with it serving the area which was the punchline to the classic joke relating to the Pink Panthers.

09 Jun 2015, 7:33 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm)Tommy_1581 Wow. They do look good.

Not liking the rear part of the livery at all, what is it even supposed to represent, looks like someone has thought why not whack a splodge of purple & green on the rear with a few random shapes.
Malarkey
09 Jun 2015, 7:33 pm #407

(09 Jun 2015, 2:33 pm)Tommy_1581 Wow. They do look good.

Not liking the rear part of the livery at all, what is it even supposed to represent, looks like someone has thought why not whack a splodge of purple & green on the rear with a few random shapes.

Diamond One
Banned
09 Jun 2015, 7:34 pm
hopefully i can see a brand returning

i think Pink Panthers may get a return this time to Peterlee
(09 Jun 2015, 7:28 pm)Michael I do hope they stick to "East Durham".

Although i think the current brand works well on yellow..

might have to Drop the name East Durham only not many branded ones left some are not branded and still have the old Venture taglines and where the Venture logo used to be the old vinal marks and instead reintroduce the old Pink Panthers name
Diamond One
09 Jun 2015, 7:34 pm #408

hopefully i can see a brand returning

i think Pink Panthers may get a return this time to Peterlee
(09 Jun 2015, 7:28 pm)Michael I do hope they stick to "East Durham".

Although i think the current brand works well on yellow..

might have to Drop the name East Durham only not many branded ones left some are not branded and still have the old Venture taglines and where the Venture logo used to be the old vinal marks and instead reintroduce the old Pink Panthers name

09 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 7:33 pm)Malarkey Not liking the rear part of the livery at all, what is it even supposed to represent, looks like someone has thought why not whack a splodge of purple & green on the rear with a few random shapes.

How would you have designed the livery? I wouldnt have chosen green personally. I think its time for a Malarkey Mockup Big Grin
S813 FVK
09 Jun 2015, 7:37 pm #409

(09 Jun 2015, 7:33 pm)Malarkey Not liking the rear part of the livery at all, what is it even supposed to represent, looks like someone has thought why not whack a splodge of purple & green on the rear with a few random shapes.

How would you have designed the livery? I wouldnt have chosen green personally. I think its time for a Malarkey Mockup Big Grin

09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm
I hope they don't... i think the reason they have a mixture of East Durham/Venture tags is because of movements, i think GNE didn't see the point in branding them....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm #410

I hope they don't... i think the reason they have a mixture of East Durham/Venture tags is because of movements, i think GNE didn't see the point in branding them....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm
I just love it when new liveries are shown.....the amount of art critics and professionals that are based in the North East is just unbelievable  Big Grin
citaro5284
09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm #411

I just love it when new liveries are shown.....the amount of art critics and professionals that are based in the North East is just unbelievable  Big Grin

09 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 I just love it when new liveries are shown.....the amount of art critics and professionals that are based in the North East is just unbelievable.

Its the same for everything though... everyone thinks they become professionals when something happens haha.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Jun 2015, 7:45 pm #412

(09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 I just love it when new liveries are shown.....the amount of art critics and professionals that are based in the North East is just unbelievable.

Its the same for everything though... everyone thinks they become professionals when something happens haha.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

09 Jun 2015, 7:50 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 I just love it when new liveries are shown.....the amount of art critics and professionals that are based in the North East is just unbelievable  Big Grin

Couldn't give a rats chuff about the livery - but surely people are entitled to an express an opinion on it?
They are the people the brandin has been designed for...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
09 Jun 2015, 7:50 pm #413

(09 Jun 2015, 7:41 pm)citaro5284 I just love it when new liveries are shown.....the amount of art critics and professionals that are based in the North East is just unbelievable  Big Grin

Couldn't give a rats chuff about the livery - but surely people are entitled to an express an opinion on it?
They are the people the brandin has been designed for...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

09 Jun 2015, 7:52 pm

To be honest you cant criticise me to much with what I have said as I have been of high praise as of late for recent new liveries, but my question to you citaro5284, is not an aim of GNE to gather constructive feedback and opinions on vehicles and there respective brandings, so that the company can improve them in the future, surely if that isnt the case then GNE would just go for a simple corporate image which is recogisable but bland like Stagecoachs corporate livery.
Malarkey
09 Jun 2015, 7:52 pm #414

To be honest you cant criticise me to much with what I have said as I have been of high praise as of late for recent new liveries, but my question to you citaro5284, is not an aim of GNE to gather constructive feedback and opinions on vehicles and there respective brandings, so that the company can improve them in the future, surely if that isnt the case then GNE would just go for a simple corporate image which is recogisable but bland like Stagecoachs corporate livery.

Dan
Site Administrator
09 Jun 2015, 7:53 pm

There's me thinking the livery was pretty self-explanatory...

The "QuayLink" brand is a successful brand name which has been used for ten years. Why change something drastically, if it's successful and is instantly recognisable? A fresh, modern approach, representing the new route variations, is exactly what the "QuayLink" brand design needed, and what it has received. The recognised yellow base livery continues, while the current colour of the 51/52 has been carried forward for the revised Q1/Q2, while the colour of Newcastle Great Park has been used for the new Q3.

I'd suggest that the circles towards the rear of the vehicles represent the circular nature of the routes - similar to how the current "Orbit" brand design represents the circular route nature of the current 51/52 services.

(09 Jun 2015, 7:52 pm)Malarkey To be honest you cant criticise me to much with what I have said as I have been of high praise as of late for recent new liveries, but my question to you citaro5284, is not an aim of GNE to gather constructive feedback and opinions on vehicles and there respective brandings, so that the company can improve them in the future, surely if that isnt the case then GNE would just go for a simple corporate image which is recogisable but bland like Stagecoachs corporate livery.

Go North East pays a lot of money for companies to design liveries, who have a lot of experience in the industry. I certainly don't have this experience, neither does citaro5284. Do you?

I don't think anyone has an issue with people expressing their view, but it is the way in which this is conveyed that is important.
Dan
09 Jun 2015, 7:53 pm #415

There's me thinking the livery was pretty self-explanatory...

The "QuayLink" brand is a successful brand name which has been used for ten years. Why change something drastically, if it's successful and is instantly recognisable? A fresh, modern approach, representing the new route variations, is exactly what the "QuayLink" brand design needed, and what it has received. The recognised yellow base livery continues, while the current colour of the 51/52 has been carried forward for the revised Q1/Q2, while the colour of Newcastle Great Park has been used for the new Q3.

I'd suggest that the circles towards the rear of the vehicles represent the circular nature of the routes - similar to how the current "Orbit" brand design represents the circular route nature of the current 51/52 services.

(09 Jun 2015, 7:52 pm)Malarkey To be honest you cant criticise me to much with what I have said as I have been of high praise as of late for recent new liveries, but my question to you citaro5284, is not an aim of GNE to gather constructive feedback and opinions on vehicles and there respective brandings, so that the company can improve them in the future, surely if that isnt the case then GNE would just go for a simple corporate image which is recogisable but bland like Stagecoachs corporate livery.

Go North East pays a lot of money for companies to design liveries, who have a lot of experience in the industry. I certainly don't have this experience, neither does citaro5284. Do you?

I don't think anyone has an issue with people expressing their view, but it is the way in which this is conveyed that is important.

09 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm)Andreos1 As has been pointed out already, I dread to think what the reliability will be like.
The 51/52 struggle without even going over the river - with regular reports of missing services.

I am intrigued to see what passengers will do when heading to Newcastle from Gateshead and vice versa.
Will they use the one bus, or transfer onto a potentially quicker one?

What will the route frequency be?  Currently the Q1 is every 10 minutes and the 51/52 every 15 minutes.  Is the current Q1 section of the route therefore going to decrease in frequency?
big mac
09 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm #416

(09 Jun 2015, 2:30 pm)Andreos1 As has been pointed out already, I dread to think what the reliability will be like.
The 51/52 struggle without even going over the river - with regular reports of missing services.

I am intrigued to see what passengers will do when heading to Newcastle from Gateshead and vice versa.

What will the route frequency be?  Currently the Q1 is every 10 minutes and the 51/52 every 15 minutes.  Is the current Q1 section of the route therefore going to decrease in frequency?

Dan
Site Administrator
09 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm)big mac What will the route frequency be?  Currently the Q1 is every 10 minutes and the 51/52 every 15 minutes.  Is the current Q1 section of the route therefore going to decrease in frequency?

Yes, I would suggest that this should be expected.

After all, the company is taking on the service commercially, when it has always been operated on a secured basis until now (or rather, the end of July).

Increased layover and/or running time should increase reliability - not only of the Orbit routes, but the QuayLink routes too.
Dan
09 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm #417

(09 Jun 2015, 8:08 pm)big mac What will the route frequency be?  Currently the Q1 is every 10 minutes and the 51/52 every 15 minutes.  Is the current Q1 section of the route therefore going to decrease in frequency?

Yes, I would suggest that this should be expected.

After all, the company is taking on the service commercially, when it has always been operated on a secured basis until now (or rather, the end of July).

Increased layover and/or running time should increase reliability - not only of the Orbit routes, but the QuayLink routes too.

09 Jun 2015, 8:37 pm

The Q1 is currently timed to take 15 minutes between Gateshead Interchange and Market Street.  Probably worth just remaining on the bus for the sake of five minutes or so.
big mac
09 Jun 2015, 8:37 pm #418

The Q1 is currently timed to take 15 minutes between Gateshead Interchange and Market Street.  Probably worth just remaining on the bus for the sake of five minutes or so.

Diamond One
Banned
09 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm
(09 Jun 2015, 8:10 pm)Dan Yes, I would suggest that this should be expected.

if am not mistaken will the new Q1/Q2/Q3 now also use the soon to be former Orbit branded versas along with the existing ones that are out now i've noticed on the fleet list that there are 9 Quaylink Versas 8310 to 8318 while orbit batch are 8330 to 8338 which is 9 orbit buses so i think the PVR will be 20 as soon as everything is sorted with 8328 and 8329 to join Quaylink so is the PVR going to be 20 according to my calculations 
Diamond One
09 Jun 2015, 8:41 pm #419

if am not mistaken will the new Q1/Q2/Q3 now also use the soon to be former Orbit branded versas along with the existing ones that are out now i've noticed on the fleet list that there are 9 Quaylink Versas 8310 to 8318 while orbit batch are 8330 to 8338 which is 9 orbit buses so i think the PVR will be 20 as soon as everything is sorted with 8328 and 8329 to join Quaylink so is the PVR going to be 20 according to my calculations 

09 Jun 2015, 8:42 pm

Was there also some changes on VOSA recently for the Loop services to take affect from the same date?
citaro5284
09 Jun 2015, 8:42 pm #420

Was there also some changes on VOSA recently for the Loop services to take affect from the same date?

Pages (58): Previous 120 21 2258 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 0
Views 36662
06 Mar 2020, 11:35 am
Last Post by V514DFT