North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1664)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 4:29 pm)V334LGC Looks rather smart Smile
Go North East have updated their website:   https://www.simplygo.com/our-services/
[Image: 2684.png]

Also to note:

The CityLink Day and Weekly saver tickets will be available on CityLink 57 from Monday 7 December.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Dan - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 4:50 pm)Michael Also to note:

The CityLink Day and Weekly saver tickets will be available on CityLink 57 from Monday 7 December.

So; in addition to being able to travel on buses which are 8 years younger and much more reliable, customers on service 57 will now be entitled to discounted travel using a day saver which is currently only valid on services 58 and 309...

Can't believe bus enthusiasts have been taking to Social Media to criticise the new look for service 57, when it's such a huge improvement to customers on this route.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Davie - 04 Dec 2015

It appeared that 3875 broke down in Gateshead about 8:15 (Ish) this morning

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - S813 FVK - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 4:53 pm)Dan So in addition to being able to travel on buses which are 8 years younger and much more reliable, customers on service 57 will now be entitled to discounted travel...

Can't believe bus enthusiasts have been taking to Social Media to criticise the new look for service 57, when it's such a huge improvement to customers on this route.

Just read the said post - disgusting really! Just glad a few actual customers got involved giving positive feedback as opposed to leaving it and letting GNE just get bruised all over.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Dan - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 4:56 pm)S813 FVK Just read the said post - disgusting really! Just glad a few actual customers got involved giving positive feedback as opposed to leaving it and letting GNE just get bruised all over.

The "that's why it's not called CITIESlink" comment made me laugh...

It obtained more "likes" than any of the negative comments from bus enthusiasts - says it all!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Jimmi - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 4:53 pm)Dan So; in addition to being able to travel on buses which are 8 years younger and much more reliable, customers on service 57 will now be entitled to discounted travel using a day saver which is currently only valid on services 58 and 309...

Honestly don't see the problem, younger buses and cheaper fares, what's not to like? Not seen the enthusiasts negative comments but is there really any need for it, I dare bet the ones whinging as ever will rarely use the service in question.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - citaro5284 - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 4:24 pm)S813 FVK The attitude of the driver on the 825 this morning was disgusting.

The bus didn't come at 8:09, as scheduled and it is quite common for it to be slightly late to which I don't have a problem with. However, as it got later and later, I started to question what had happened to it (ie. had it broken down or gone down early) as it was very unusual for it to be 15 minutes late. When it did finally come down the bank, I recognised the driver instantly - one that I had a previous encounter with in the past. Rather than asking us where we are going - he just stared at us and it eventually came clear that it had incurred this 15 minute delay because nobody had a clue what he was staring at us for (bearing in mind that we all had our school uniforms on and it was a school bus) as he wasn't asking us where we are going. Its fine if he wants to know where we were going but for him to stare at us and make the service late is, in my opinion, pretty disgusting.

I am not going to complain to Go North East - mainly because we did the last time and, regardless of whether the depot spoke to him or not, he hasn't changed his ways. On the other hand though, if i dont report it, they wont know anything to be able to do anything about it.

Put a complaint it.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - omnicity4659 - 04 Dec 2015

I have to laugh at half of the comments on that post. I got involved to express my opinions on the matter, and how Arriva have used the Sapphire brand in Durham.

The same goes for enthusiasts complaining and whinging about Wright StreetLites, never actually heard or seen anyone other than enthusiasts complaining about them...!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - omnicity4659 - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 5:12 pm)Jimmi Honestly don't see the problem, younger buses and cheaper fares, what's not to like? Not seen the enthusiasts negative comments but is there really any need for it, I dare bet the ones whinging as ever will rarely use the service in question.

Both the people are "anti-GNE", either works for a bus company beginning and ending with 'A' or is friends with someone who works at a bus company beginning and ending with 'A'.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - R852 PRG - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 4:24 pm)S813 FVK The attitude of the driver on the 825 this morning was disgusting.

The bus didn't come at 8:09, as scheduled and it is quite common for it to be slightly late to which I don't have a problem with. However, as it got later and later, I started to question what had happened to it (ie. had it broken down or gone down early) as it was very unusual for it to be 15 minutes late. When it did finally come down the bank, I recognised the driver instantly - one that I had a previous encounter with in the past. Rather than asking us where we are going - he just stared at us and it eventually came clear that it had incurred this 15 minute delay because nobody had a clue what he was staring at us for (bearing in mind that we all had our school uniforms on and it was a school bus) as he wasn't asking us where we are going. Its fine if he wants to know where we were going but for him to stare at us and make the service late is, in my opinion, pretty disgusting.

I am not going to complain to Go North East - mainly because we did the last time and, regardless of whether the depot spoke to him or not, he hasn't changed his ways. On the other hand though, if i dont report it, they wont know anything to be able to do anything about it.

I think you should submit a complaint, if the driver is not disciplined and his attitude fails to change, despite this, then it would appear that either something isn't right with the system used to discipline staff, or he is just a bit of a prat. If you are still unsatisfied, contact Bus Users.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Jimmi - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 5:18 pm)GX03 SVC I have to laugh at half of the comments on that post. I got involved to express my opinions on the matter, and how Arriva have used the Sapphire brand in Durham.

The same goes for enthusiasts complaining and whinging about Wright StreetLites, never actually heard or seen anyone other than enthusiasts complaining about them...!

(04 Dec 2015, 5:21 pm)GX03 SVC Both the people are "anti-GNE", either works for a bus company beginning and ending with 'A' or is friends with someone who works at a bus company beginning and ending with 'A'.

This may make me unpopular with some people...

Think some enthusiasts have nothing better to do with their time than whinge on the Go North East Facebook page, I only tend to pass comments on the services I regularly use (Arriva 5/5A and 7) I don't even comment on service 8 which runs through my town as I almost never use it, I have nothing really to say about the Citylink 57 as it's highly unlikely I am ever going to use the service. The comments about the 57 are just pointless, the buses may be old but newer than the B10's and there will be some discount fares and yet that's not good enough for them. Pretty sure some enthusiasts think some normal passengers are as thick as pig muck, do we really think people are going to get that confused about the 57 now having the same brand name as the 58 but in a different colour.

The only bad point I have about the CityLink 57 is the tab on the all services page. I know that their different colours, but it was a nail-biting experience before. Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - BusLoverMum - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 5:44 pm)Jimmi This may make me unpopular with some people...

Think some enthusiasts have nothing better to do with their time than whinge on the Go North East Facebook page, I only tend to pass comments on the services I regularly use (Arriva 5/5A and 7) I don't even comment on service 8 which runs through my town as I almost never use it, I have nothing really to say about the Citylink 57 as it's highly unlikely I am ever going to use the service. The comments about the 57 are just pointless, the buses may be old but newer than the B10's and there will be some discount fares and yet that's not good enough for them. Pretty sure some enthusiasts think some normal passengers are as thick as pig muck, do we really think people are going to get that confused about the 57 now having the same brand name as the 58 but in a different colour.

The only thing likely to be confusing is the tab, for the small minority of customers who are colourblind.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - S813 FVK - 04 Dec 2015

Without wanting to have too much revealed, are Go North East any closer to actually branding the silver Mercs at Deptford?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Michael - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 7:59 pm)S813 FVK Without wanting to have too much revealed, are Go North East any closer to actually branding the silver Mercs at Deptford?

Probables not, we've been waiting long enough.... i hope it gets done after the Citylink 57 Citaro's. 

I have a feeling the "Black Cats" has being dropped for the 33/33A/39 to.... unless they're waiting for the routes to get new buses..........  Angel

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Davie - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 8:05 pm)Michael Probables not, we've been waiting long enough.... i hope it gets done after the Citylink 57 Citaro's. 

I have a feeling the "Black Cats" has being dropped for the 33/33A/39 to.... unless they're waiting for the routes to get new buses..........  Angel
Didn't someone say a while back the Black Cats was getting dropped as the Cadets won't be in service fir the forseeable future, or am I getting confused?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Greg in Weardale - 04 Dec 2015

It is pretty bad planning to have timetables printed with the Black Cats branded buses on then not actually introduce it. But then its also bad planning re-painting OmniCitys as Toonlink to put them on 11/31/32 then change their minds a few months later and have to move the brand to a different route. However, we should be used to the fact that consistency (and even medium term planning, let alone long term) is not one of the strengths of GNE.

(04 Dec 2015, 8:52 pm)Davie Didn't someone say a while back the Black Cats was getting dropped as the Cadets won't be in service fir the forseeable future, or am I getting confused?

I think you're right... i forgot about that.

If the 33/33A and the 39 got new/newer buses i would like to see the brand introduced.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Malarkey - 04 Dec 2015

(04 Dec 2015, 9:35 pm)Michael I think you're right... i forgot about that.

If the 33/33A and the 39 got new/newer buses i would like to see the brand introduced.

GNE should purchase 20 Enviro 200MMCs for the 33/33A/39/82 & 82A, but then again we all know that GNE will order more Streetlites.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015 - Diamond One - 05 Dec 2015

Wonder if a Citylink branded Citaro is out today?