North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 21 Jun 2017

(21 Jun 2017, 1:37 pm)Michael I can't see the logic in the changes too, sounds worse, yes they'll be all timed to arrive at the galleries so they can connect but most of the time, that won't happen.

So what's the 2A change?

It's partially filling a gap left due to the withdrawal of part of the 85 on a Sunday

service 2A will divert to operate the section between Fatfield Road and Brady Square.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 21 Jun 2017

(21 Jun 2017, 2:07 pm)Andreos1 It's partially filling a gap left due to the withdrawal of part of the 85 on a Sunday

Ah right cheers, Smile

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 22 Jun 2017

New timetables are now online for the changes on the 23rd July.

No link for full details and the new timetables are set out in Black and White (expect for the 81/82/83/84)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Tom - 22 Jun 2017

(22 Jun 2017, 5:50 pm)Michael New timetables are now online for the changes on the 23rd July.

No link for full details and the new timetables are set out in Black and White (expect for the 81/82/83/84)

So the Washington service changes aren't as bad as they seemed!

(22 Jun 2017, 6:30 pm)Tom So the Washington service changes aren't as bad as they seemed!

Na they aren't, the Tynedale Links changes look decent too, but can't work out the new PVR for the Hexham services, due to the interworking etc but i would think it would allow them to remove the MPD's from Hexham.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 22 Jun 2017

X66 reduced to operate every 10 minutes Sunday to Friday (7/8 minutes on Saturdays) with a bus doing a loop around the Metrocentre every 20 minutes (every 15 minutes on Saturdays).

I imagine that this would have been done to retain the current PVR of 4/5.

(22 Jun 2017, 6:34 pm)S813 FVK X66 reduced to operate every 10 minutes Sunday to Friday (7/8 minutes on Saturdays) with a bus doing a loop around the Metrocentre every 20 minutes (every 15 minutes on Saturdays).

I imagine that this would have been done to retain the current PVR of 4/5.

Not surprised the loop section is reduced.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 22 Jun 2017

(22 Jun 2017, 5:50 pm)Michael New timetables are now online for the changes on the 23rd July.

Yes finally a direct link between Heworth and Birtley without having change buses.

(22 Jun 2017, 6:43 pm)Michael Not surprised the loop section is reduced.

It will be interesting if they keep the £1 flat fare on the circular route - I don't see why they would not be able to.

Think the Hexham PVR will be reduced by 1.

Noticed GNE have re-timed the X85 to run in front of the 685 now too.

(22 Jun 2017, 7:05 pm)Tom Think the Hexham PVR will be reduced by 1.

In case you haven't included it, could that 1 bus be redeployed on the 689 if what has said previously is correct?

(22 Jun 2017, 7:13 pm)S813 FVK In case you haven't included it, could that 1 bus be redeployed on the 689 if what has said previously is correct?

Yeah I forgot about the 689 so it could be the same

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Adrian - 22 Jun 2017

(22 Jun 2017, 6:30 pm)Tom So the Washington service changes aren't as bad as they seemed!

You'd have to train the average punter to be able to decipher the timetable first... I appreciate that they've done it to try and illustrate the through services, but clumping it altogether, it is blooming confusing!

For example -
81 from Rickleton to the Galleries -> 84 from the Galleries to Heworth
82 from Birtley to the Galleries -> 83 from the Galleries to Concord

But on the way back it changes as follows - 
83 from Concord to the Galleries -> 81 from the Galleries to Rickleton
84 from Heworth to the Galleries -> 82 from the Galleries to Birtley

So you can get from Rickleton to Heworth direct for example, but you can't get back? Same from Biddick to Rickleton, Rickleton to the Village, for example. 

Also noted that the last bus either direction through Sainsburys car park seems to be around 10 to 6 on an evening. The 85/86 look to still run, but not much use for those needing an 81/82/83/84. There is no access through the Galleries from about 8pm, so those finishing work at Sainsburys etc will need to walk right round the perimeter to the bus station.

Looks like the non-serving of Savacentre/Sainsburys car park on a Sunday continues too, which I've found a bit strange. Beats me why you wouldn't serve a huge supermarket on a Sunday, for the sake of an extra minute or so.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - nk55 - 22 Jun 2017

(22 Jun 2017, 7:13 pm)S813 FVK In case you haven't included it, could that 1 bus be redeployed on the 689 if what has said previously is correct?

689 allocation will indeed move to Hexham, this bus also does the 836 tanfield to crookgate, and a run on the 12 & 90, so there's possibly less dead mileage from Hexham as I 1st thought.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ambassador - 22 Jun 2017

(22 Jun 2017, 6:58 pm)Ds1197 Yes finally a direct link between Heworth and Birtley without having change buses.

Huh

You don't have to change buses now....

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Washingtonian - 22 Jun 2017

Sorry I can't find where the info is for these changes. I've looked on the Go North East website and facebook page, nexus and done a google search and can't find anything. I don't suppose you have a link please? Thanks

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ds1197 - 22 Jun 2017

(22 Jun 2017, 11:05 pm)Washingtonian Sorry I can't find where the info is for these changes. I've looked on the Go North East website and facebook page, nexus and done a google search and can't find anything. I don't suppose you have a link please? Thanks

It's in the actual timetable bit of the website

(22 Jun 2017, 11:02 pm)Ambassador Huh

You don't have to change buses now....

Towards Birtley the service runs though from heworth but on return you can only get as far as concord most of the time apart from one early morning during the week and a few on a Saturday morning

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Washingtonian - 22 Jun 2017

(22 Jun 2017, 11:05 pm)Washingtonian Sorry I can't find where the info is for these changes. I've looked on the Go North East website and facebook page, nexus and done a google search and can't find anything. I don't suppose you have a link please? Thanks

(22 Jun 2017, 11:19 pm)Ds1197 It's in the actual timetable bit of the website

Ah right, I see it now. Thanks a lot

Dear me! While there are some good changes to the services in Washington, it is bloomin confusing! I can see the elderley people getting confused here. They should go back to the old W1-6 and be done with it. These services were often very reliable and very well used. Since they extended the routes to Birtley and Heworth, there has been nothing but chaos!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - G-CPTN - 23 Jun 2017

WRT Hexham changes, I have heard that ALDI is going to lose some connections.  Sad

Oh and John the depot manager is leaving.  Sad

Retiming the X85 to run ahead of Arriva's 685 was a no-brainer.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 23 Jun 2017

Just got an email from Go North East about the changes:

http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-23-july-2017-248135