North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 11:01 am)Michael Due to a short notice road closure by Sunderland City Council, there will be a diversion in place for Red Arrows X1 on 7 and 8 August.

Northbound buses will unable to run direct along the Washington Highway and will need to be diverted along Bonemill Lane, via Fatfield Bridge and Station Road to Shiney Row.

Due to the low bridge in the area, single deck buses will have to be used to keep delays down to a minimum and will not have the standard features of normal Red Arrows buses.

Wonder what will be allocated and where the red arrows will go for the time-being?

The signs have been up for a while, advising of road closures.
Like other works, the term 'short notice' is up for debate.

As it is during the week and PVR will be high, I would imagine vehicle swaps would take place.
Deckers for the 5/50 and Omnicities for the X1 would fill some of the PVR. That jumps straight out.
Where the rest of the single deckers come from, not too sure.
Not sure Washington could fill the PVR of the X1 with their own suitably sized vehicles. Solo's wouldn't really suffice.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 11:15 am)Andreos1 The signs have been up for a while, advising of road closures.

As it is during the week and PVR will be high, I would imagine vehicle swaps would take place.
Deckers for the 5/50 and Omnicities for the X1 would fill some of the PVR
. That jumps straight out.
Not sure Washington could fill the PVR of the X1 with their own suitably sized vehicles. Solo's wouldn't really suffice.

You must of read my mind  Tongue

The PVR will be lower during the wweek as only 13 vehicles required, as opposed to a Saturday when 14 plus vehicle for X88 is required

(04 Aug 2017, 11:19 am)JP6004 You must of read my mind  Tongue

The PVR will be lower during the wweek as only 13 vehicles required, as opposed to a Saturday when 14 plus vehicle for X88 is required

Great minds Wink

Aye. If it was a Sunday for example, it would have been a lot easier borrowing Mercs off the 4.
I say this, as I would hope dupes would be ran on the X1 to make up for the shortfall in seats.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 11:15 am)Andreos1 The signs have been up for a while, advising of road closures.

Deckers for the 5/50 and Omnicities for the X1 would fill some of the PVR. That jumps straight out.

Yes - the signs have been up for a while for an overnight road closure, where buses would not be affected and hence Go North East would not need to advertise disruption to the X1.

Sunderland City Council changed their plans at short notice (as suggested by Go North East) and informed operators yesterday that the closure would instead be held during the day. So yes, short notice, and credit where credit is due, the company has had three days to make plans to accommodate this road closure and a diversion which would affect passengers the least.

As suggested, there will be a direct swap of allocations between services 5/50 and X1 on Monday and Tuesday, and the shortfall will be made up of red Scania L94s being exchanged with Red Arrows branded Volvo B9TLs at Chester-le-Street. The Volvo B9TLs will be allocated to services 13/X25 at Chester-le-Street.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 12:03 pm)Dan Yes - the signs have been up for a while for an overnight road closure, where buses would not be affected and hence Go North East would not need to advertise disruption to the X1.

Sunderland City Council changed their plans at short notice (as suggested by Go North East) and informed operators yesterday that the closure would instead be held during the day. So yes, short notice, and credit where credit is due, the company has had three days to make plans to accommodate this road closure and a diversion which would affect passengers the least.

As suggested, there will be a direct swap of allocations between services 5/50 and X1 on Monday and Tuesday, and the shortfall will be made up of red Scania L94s being exchanged with Red Arrows branded Volvo B9TLs at Chester-le-Street. The Volvo B9TLs will be allocated to services 13/X25 at Chester-le-Street.

Enthusiasts Galore at Gateshead and Newcastle, then.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

(04 Aug 2017, 12:03 pm)Dan Yes - the signs have been up for a while for an overnight road closure, where buses would not be affected and hence Go North East would not need to advertise disruption to the X1.

Pretty certain the overnight closures were on the roundabout at Shiney Row and were nothing to do with these closures on the A182.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/bus/updates?open=t_planned-works

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/roadworks

I may be wrong.

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - cbma06 - 04 Aug 2017

Can the X1 deckers not be used between galleries and Newcastle and have singles on galleries to the Lane ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 12:23 pm)cbma06 Can the X1 deckers not be used between galleries and Newcastle and have singles on galleries to the Lane ?

If Go North East had more than four days notice that the road closure had changed from overnight (as agreed with stakeholders) to daytime, then perhaps they could have 'split' the X1 for the duration.

As there has only been four days notice, there is not enough time for Go North East to make a change like this.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 04 Aug 2017

From the Northumberland County Council site:

10, 10B, 10X

Reduction in Sunday evening services

10 Ex Hexham
M-F, Sat: No changes
Sun: Last 3 journeys are changed - 19:18 is 3mins earlier; 20:18 is 5mins earlier; 21:28 is 5mins later.

10 Ex Newcastle
Sun: Last 4 journeys are changed - 20:05 &
21:05 are 5mins later; 22:15 & 23:15 are 15mins later.

10B Ex Prudhoe
Sun: Last 4 journeys between 19:27-22:29 are withdrawn

10B Ex Newcastle
Sun: Last 3 journeys between 20:40-22:40 are withdrawn.

10X Ex Prudhoe
M-F; No changes

10X Ex Newcastle
M-F: No changes

309/310/X39

Variations in Tyne & Wear during Norham Rd, Bridge replacement. Only 309 operates in Northumberland.
309 Ex Newcastle & Ex Blyth

No timetable or route changes in Northumberland

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 3:10 pm)Michael From the Northumberland County Council site:

10, 10B, 10X

Reduction in Sunday evening services

10 Ex Hexham
Sun: Last 3 journeys are changed - 19:18 is 3mins earlier; 20:18 is 5mins earlier; 21:28 is 5mins later.

10 Ex Newcastle
Sun: Last 4 journeys are changed - 20:05 &
21:05 are 5mins later; 22:15 & 23:15 are 15mins later.

10B Ex Prudhoe
Sun: Last 4 journeys between 19:27-22:29 are withdrawn

10B Ex Newcastle
Sun: Last 3 journeys between 20:40-22:40 are withdrawn.

10X Ex Prudhoe
M-F; No changes

10X Ex Newcastle
M-F: No changes

309/310/X39

Variations in Tyne & Wear during Norham Rd, Bridge replacement. Only 309 operates in Northumberland.
309 Ex Newcastle & Ex Blyth

No timetable or route changes in Northumberland

7 last 10B runs dropped? That's not nice.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ambassador - 04 Aug 2017

The X25 passengers won't know what to do with themselves...a bus that doent break down!

Fiver that a Red Arrow ends up on the 21 at some point

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - citaro5284 - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 6:42 pm)Ambassador The X25 passengers won't know what to do with themselves...a bus that doent break down!

I think the odds are on rather than against  Tongue

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ambassador - 04 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 6:58 pm)citaro5284 I think the odds are on rather than against  Tongue

Well it would be an upgrade     Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jamie M - 05 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 6:42 pm)Ambassador The X25 passengers won't know what to do with themselves...a bus that doent break down!

more like a 34A or 36 when either of those rattleboxes failes

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - S813 FVK - 07 Aug 2017

Closure of Lanchester Front Street from 10th to 13th August (with the article published on the 26th July - shows what can happen when local authorities actually contact businesses affected by their closures!):
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/closure-of-lanchester-front-street-10-13-august-253905

Regarding the 30, I am just wondering if it would have been possible to terminate it at the temporary stops on the A691 that the 15/15A are going to use and then use the estate the T1 goes into after serving the main village to turn around rather than terminating where it is going to and use St Bede's School to turn around (its the only place I can think of)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 08 Aug 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 12:33 pm)Dan If Go North East had more than four days notice that the road closure had changed from overnight (as agreed with stakeholders) to daytime, then perhaps they could have 'split' the X1 for the duration.

As there has only been four days notice, there is not enough time for Go North East to make a change like this.

Oh dear... The council, within the last hour, have just informed Go North East that the closure is likely to continue into tomorrow, so the temporary allocations of single-decks on the X1 will continue for another day.

At least Go North East promptly put something up on Social Media to advise their customers, eh?

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/photos/a.217741780709.285520.215880875709/10159168121615710/?type=3&theater

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 08 Aug 2017

(08 Aug 2017, 3:35 pm)Dan Oh dear... The council, within the last hour, have just informed Go North East that the closure is likely to continue into tomorrow, so the temporary allocations of single-decks on the X1 will continue for another day.

At least Go North East promptly put something up on Social Media to advise their customers, eh?

https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/photos/a.217741780709.285520.215880875709/10159168121615710/?type=3&theater

Excellent. Glad communication seems to be improving.
The torrential rain has obviously had a knock on effect.

Speaking of roadworks. Have the council been in touch about road closures at Station Road in Mount Pleasant or Vigo Lane in Rickleton?
The signs have been up for a while now (as well as being on the website) and there will be diversions for a number of services.

Hopefully GNE let their customers know (if they havent already).

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Acky81 - 10 Aug 2017

Washington highway was open about 130pm when I drove up it yesterday so get those arrows back on route lol

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ambivalence - 12 Aug 2017

(16 Jul 2017, 12:22 am)James101 The X10 currently has very many passengers happy not serving Dalton Park. Increasing journey times will just push more passengers toward the train when Northern Connect starts.

I'd think to keep within the legislation every X10 will have to go through Dalton Park, including the early morning southbound journeys. Sounds pretty pointless, and potentially irritating, considering the shops and restaurants don't open until 10am.

I'd hazard a guess there will be more passenger inconvenienced by the route change than additional passengers attracted by it, despite the operational advantages GNE achieve.

Very first post here. Googling x10 and dalton park brought me here. I live in Murton, and work in Middlesbrough. Is this alteration confirmed? It will make my life much much easier. I've personally been canvassing everyone who will listen to try and make this change! Currently use x10 and have to rely on a lift to get me to the slip rd in Plee

oh, and pointless and irritating will get at least 5 people I know to work and back!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 12 Aug 2017

(12 Aug 2017, 6:24 am)Ambivalence Very first post here. Googling x10 and dalton park brought me here. I live in Murton, and work in Middlesbrough. Is this alteration confirmed? It will make my life much much easier. I've personally been canvassing everyone who will listen to try and make this change! Currently use x10 and have to rely on a lift to get me to the slip rd in Plee

oh, and pointless and irritating will get at least 5 people I know to work and back!

Hello - welcome to the forum!

Though confirmation has yet to be posted on Go North East's own website; the routing of the X10 service via Dalton Park has been officially registered with the traffic commissioner, to be operated from 3rd September 2017 (so yes, it's definitely happening!) You can also now plan your journey on the Traveline Journey Planner, with confirmed times for when the X10 will operate.

.png
X10.png
Size 41.58 KB / Downloads 38

Good to hear that there is a purpose for the early morning journeys through Dalton Park, after all. Connections between services 61 and 202 and X10 at Dalton Park will be promoted - it's not just people from Murton who will be able to travel to Teesside more easily now, it's people from Sunderland too (no need to travel all the way to Gateshead or Heworth to head back south afterwards - just catch the 61 to Dalton Park!)