North East Buses
Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 (/showthread.php?tid=1832)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - V514DFT - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 9:20 pm)Tom Yeah I would have thought so

Its the only logical conclusion i have,given the information on GNE website

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - BusLoverMum - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 1:50 pm)S813 FVK Main article now published:
http://newsroom.gonortheast.co.uk/news/service-changes-from-19-may-366066

Stand L in DBS looks like it's going to be ridiculously busy.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - James101 - 24 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 2:54 pm)Dan Nope!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The combined X6/7/20 PVR looks about the same as the current X5 PVR - and the brand is more fitting to this cluster of routes. Citaros potentially shifting over? Would solve the issue of needing a full size bus for the X20.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - streetdeckfan - 24 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 11:05 pm)BusLoverMum Stand L in DBS looks like it's going to be ridiculously busy.

That whole side of the station is already ridiculously busy as it is, even with the 20s moving up to stand A, I just don't think there's enough room down there. It seems they're just moving all the busiest services down to that end because it's nearer the entrance so the queues don't block everything, but that end is already pretty busy with just the Arriva services, the queues for the 6 and 7 are usually bigger than the 21 and X21, and they're both going to be right next to each other, it just doesn't seem like it'll work to me but I could be wrong

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Jimmi - 24 Apr 2019

(24 Apr 2019, 1:14 am)streetdeckfan That whole side of the station is already ridiculously busy as it is, even with the 20s moving up to stand A, I just don't think there's enough room down there. It seems they're just moving all the busiest services down to that end because it's nearer the entrance so the queues don't block everything, but that end is already pretty busy with just the Arriva services, the queues for the 6 and 7 are usually bigger than the 21 and X21, and they're both going to be right next to each other, it just doesn't seem like it'll work to me but I could be wrong
I hope the 40 moves to stand B with the 20 as it will clash with the 21/50/X21 otherwise, Traveline suggests no.

Thing I find ridiculous is 21/50/X21 will be leaving from one end of the bus station whilst the X12 & X22 will still be leaving from the opposite end of the bus station on stand A.

Can see it being chaotic as the Arriva services at that end of the bus station are terrible for timekeeping and if the 40 doesn't move it will be a right battle to get on ANY stand down that end, some of these Washington drivers are murder for pulling onto the stand in Durham too early especially on the 18:11 50A, one last night pulled onto stand A about 15 minutes before the departure time (Arriva can be bad with it as well).

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Ianthegoon - 24 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 2:37 pm)Dan Because the services are now interworking with the new daytime X20 service - this gives passengers from Holmeside an express option to Durham.

.... but removes the express option to Peterlee!

(OK, so perhaps I'd far rather be on my way to Durham than to Peterlee!!)

I think talking about "giving passengers ... express option to Durham" is really just smoke and mirrors on a forum such as this, where, from the first half of your answer, it's clear that that's just how it drops out operationally from the new interworking, and that there'll be winners and losers on the passenger front. Smile

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dan - 24 Apr 2019

(24 Apr 2019, 6:22 am)Ianthegoon .... but removes the express option to Peterlee!

I think talking about "giving passengers ... express option to Durham" is really just smoke and mirrors on a forum such as this, where, from the first half of your answer, it's clear that that's just how it drops out operationally from the new interworking, and that there'll be winners and losers on the passenger front. Smile
Not at all!

The service could have operated direct into Park Lane with no need to serve Burdon Road and Holmeside at all, like the X7 used to do.

It is clear that there is a benefit of serving Holmeside and that's why the services have been routed like this. The existing Prince Bishops 20/20A pick up far more passengers at Holmeside than the Wear Xpress X6/X7 do.

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Stanleyone - 24 Apr 2019

(24 Apr 2019, 5:39 am)Jimmi I hope the 40 moves to stand B with the 20 as it will clash with the 21/50/X21 otherwise, Traveline suggests no.

Thing I find ridiculous is 21/50/X21 will be leaving from one end of the bus station whilst the X12 & X22 will still be leaving from the opposite end of the bus station on stand A.

Can see it being chaotic as the Arriva services at that end of the bus station are terrible for timekeeping and if the 40 doesn't move it will be a right battle to get on ANY stand down that end, some of these Washington drivers are murder for pulling onto the stand in Durham too early especially on the 18:11 50A, one last night pulled onto stand A about 15 minutes before the departure time (Arriva can be bad with it as well).

As far as I remember the 40 will be moving

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - streetdeckfan - 24 Apr 2019

So will the x21 be following the route of the 18 (via Harrison Crescent) to get to Tindale or will it be following the 6?
I'd imagine it'd be the 6 as there's quite a few sharp corners that a Streetdeck struggles to get round, plus very few people actually get on/off round that way

This is actually the best change ever for me as it means I can finally ditch Arriva for most of my journeys. Now if only they didn't stop running after 5pm!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Andreos1 - 24 Apr 2019

(24 Apr 2019, 6:22 am)Ianthegoon .... but removes the express option to Peterlee!

Particularly as passengers on a chunk of the route are seeing their frequency drop and direct routes lost. 

As long as they have 'an express option to Durham', then everything is ok?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - GuyParkRoyal - 26 Apr 2019

PB0003954/789 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland to Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland via University of Sunderland
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 02 Jun 2019

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 13 May 2019

On the NEXUS timetable, they have a 8 due from Hylton retail park at 18:12pm, due to arrive at Park Lane at 18:23pm BUT the GNE timetable doesn't have this journey.... which one is correct?

(26 Apr 2019, 10:11 am)GuyParkRoyal PB0003954/789 Registered
GO NORTH EAST LIMITED
Route: Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland to Park Lane Interchange, Sunderland via University of Sunderland
Service number: 700 (701)
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 02 Jun 2019

what is the change?

Edit: Never mind, its the summer timetable being introduced

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Dans_bus_photos - 15 May 2019

Looking at the new 56 timetable it appears the PVR is going to be dropped by 1, could this mean 6100 will transfer to Percy Main to be the Cobalt & Coast spare?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 15 May 2019

(15 May 2019, 4:05 pm)Dans_bus_photos Looking at the new 56 timetable it appears the PVR is going to be dropped by 1, could this mean 6100 will transfer to Percy Main to be the Cobalt & Coast spare?

Didn't notice that, interesting!

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - Michael - 15 May 2019

(15 May 2019, 4:05 pm)Dans_bus_photos Looking at the new 56 timetable it appears the PVR is going to be dropped by 1, could this mean 6100 will transfer to Percy Main to be the Cobalt & Coast spare?

Will they not keep it as additional bus like now?

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 15 May 2019

(15 May 2019, 6:14 pm)Michael Will they not keep it as additional bus like now?

PVR was 15 + 2 spare when new. When reduced to 12min frequency with PVR of 14, 6084 was sent to Riverside. If PVR reducing again down to 13 then yes they could send 6100 to Percy Main allowing 2 spares to be in place both for the C&C and the 56

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - GNE6312 - 15 May 2019

(15 May 2019, 6:25 pm)JP6004 PVR was 15 + 2 spare when new. When reduced to 12min frequency with PVR of 14, 6084 was sent to Riverside. If PVR reducing again down to 13 then yes they could send 6100 to Percy Main allowing 2 spares to be in place both for the C&C and the 56

why not send 6086 to percy main so north tyneside cam have a poppy bus

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - JP6004 - 15 May 2019

(15 May 2019, 6:35 pm)GNE6312 why not send 6086 to percy main so north tyneside cam have a poppy bus

They have the fusiliers bus. Plus keeps fleet numbers in sequence

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - L469 YVK - 15 May 2019

(15 May 2019, 6:25 pm)JP6004 PVR was 15 + 2 spare when new. When reduced to 12min frequency with PVR of 14, 6084 was sent to Riverside. If PVR reducing again down to 13 then yes they could send 6100 to Percy Main allowing 2 spares to be in place both for the C&C and the 56

Cobalt & Coast would only have 1x spare still as the PVR increased to 17x back in March (10x 309 and 7x 310)

RE: Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes v2 - V514DFT - 15 May 2019

But will the fusiliers bus stay that way,even when 6117 gets refurbished