North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2216)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Michael - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 11:55 am)N1cholas Don't imagine the reality..........

I think its the wrong move putting Solo's on the X20, and making it interwork with the X6/X7, can see delays happening on the services because of traffic etc, more in Durham, than peterlee.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - deanmachine - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 12:06 pm)Michael I think its the wrong move putting Solo's on the X20, and making it interwork with the X6/X7, can see delays happening on the services because of traffic etc, more in Durham, than peterlee.

Think the peak X20s are still interworking with the regular 20, because the ones that already run on a morning are very busy with college kids and commuters from Sunderland to Durham. During the day, on an X20, think a Solo will be fine.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Malarkey - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 1:27 pm)deanmachine Think the peak X20s are still interworking with the regular 20, because the ones that already run on a morning are very busy with college kids and commuters from Sunderland to Durham. During the day, on an X20, think a Solo will be fine.

I think otherwise on this as the vast majority of passengers would get on the faster of the two services particularly for the main stops along the route which are Sunderland, Houghton-Le-Spring and Durham with the X20 pulling a lot of those off the 20 which would mean a Solo would not suffice at all.

You can guarantee that if both pulled in together at the same time at Park Lane, Houghton or Durham passengers would get on the faster route, I know I certainly would unless I was wanting the latter which stops at a stop the limited stopping one doesn't.

This is why I think with the current 20's as busy as they are with Students/Commuters for work and odd Tom, Dick and Harry or Doris and Mavis getting on during the day that going forward the Prince Bishops would benefit from having double deckers allocated.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Jimmi - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 1:27 pm)deanmachine Think the peak X20s are still interworking with the regular 20, because the ones that already run on a morning are very busy with college kids and commuters from Sunderland to Durham. During the day, on an X20, think a Solo will be fine.

In the Pronto X20 days when it didn't do Rainton Buisness Park, from my experiences it seemed as if punters just jumped on the first bus that turned up whether that be a 20, 20A or X20, some drivers from Crook at the time said people would see the X20 along past the stops in and out of Sunderland and not get on the X20 but then get on the 20/20A instead, the fact it was hourly back then didn't help matters, never looked busy in those days.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - cbma06 - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 4:12 pm)Jimmi In the Pronto X20 days when it didn't do Rainton Buisness Park, from my experiences it seemed as if punters just jumped on the first bus that turned up whether that be a 20, 20A or X20, some drivers from Crook at the time said people would see the X20 along past the stops in and out of Sunderland and not get on the X20 but then get on the 20/20A instead, the fact it was hourly back then didn't help matters, never looked busy in those days.

Does anyone know how long the x20 pronto took between Sunderland and Durham.

This new x20 should be non stop from rainton business park and Durham city to try and cut the journey time down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(22 Apr 2019, 4:12 pm)Jimmi In the Pronto X20 days when it didn't do Rainton Buisness Park, from my experiences it seemed as if punters just jumped on the first bus that turned up whether that be a 20, 20A or X20, some drivers from Crook at the time said people would see the X20 along past the stops in and out of Sunderland and not get on the X20 but then get on the 20/20A instead, the fact it was hourly back then didn't help matters, never looked busy in those days.

This new x20 should be non stop from rainton business park and Durham city to try and cut the journey time down.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - TyneWearTeesGNE - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 4:36 pm)cbma06 Does anyone know how long the x20 pronto took between Sunderland and Durham.

This new x20 should be non stop  from rainton business park and Durham city to try and cut the journey time down.

This new x20 should be non stop  from rainton business park and Durham city to try and cut the journey time down.

https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/item.php?id=272

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - deanmachine - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 4:36 pm)cbma06 Does anyone know how long the x20 pronto took between Sunderland and Durham.

It pretty much is already, doesn't take long at all from Rainton Bridge to Durham, not going through Gilesgate is the biggest difference on getting into Durham quicker. It's one of the main reasons the normal 20/20A is late. Many times I've finished a duty on the X20 and had absolutely no problems getting in and out of Durham when other drivers were getting massively delayed.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - cbma06 - 22 Apr 2019

(22 Apr 2019, 6:11 pm)deanmachine It pretty much is already, doesn't take long at all from Rainton Bridge to Durham, not going through Gilesgate is the biggest difference on getting into Durham quicker. It's one of the main reasons the normal 20/20A is late. Many times I've finished a duty on the X20 and had absolutely no problems getting in and out of Durham when other drivers were getting massively delayed.

It will be going through east rainton, middle rainton and carville

Rainton Bridge Business Park Adjacent to Npower Building Cy (SMS:twrjamwp)
12:29 Rainton Bridge Business Park Outside of Npower Building Cyg (SMS:twrjapad)
12:30 Rainton Bridge Business Park South of Npower Building Cygne (SMS:twrjapap)
12:30 Rainton Bridge Business Park South of Npower Building Cygne (SMS:twrjapdp)
12:31 East Rainton Durham Road S/b S (31055) (SMS:twrgjmad)
12:32 East Rainton East Rainton W (SMS:twrgjmag)
12:32 Middle Rainton Durham Road (SMS:twrgjgmj)
12:33 Rainton Gate Garage SW/B (SMS:durdjpta)
12:33 Rainton Gate Moor House Farm SW/B (SMS:durdjpmt)
12:35 Carrville Dene Drive SW/B (SMS:durdjpmd)
12:36 Carrville Grange Court SW/B (SMS:durdjpjw)
12:36 Carrville High Street SW/B (SMS:durdjpjp)
12:38 Belmont Sportsmans Arms SW/B (SMS:durdjpjg)
12:40 High Grange Estate Belmont link road NW/B (SMS:durdjpja)
12:41 Durham Hild/Bede College SW/B (SMS:durdjpaw)
12:44 Durham Leazes Road (Millburngate Br) W/B (SMS:durdmdam)
12:46 Durham Bus Station stand L (SMS:durgatda)

(22 Apr 2019, 6:11 pm)deanmachine It pretty much is already, doesn't take long at all from Rainton Bridge to Durham, not going through Gilesgate is the biggest difference on getting into Durham quicker. It's one of the main reasons the normal 20/20A is late. Many times I've finished a duty on the X20 and had absolutely no problems getting in and out of Durham when other drivers were getting massively delayed.

It will be going through east rainton, middle rainton and carville

Rainton Bridge Business Park Adjacent to Npower Building Cy (SMS:twrjamwp)
12:29 Rainton Bridge Business Park Outside of Npower Building Cyg (SMS:twrjapad)
12:30 Rainton Bridge Business Park South of Npower Building Cygne (SMS:twrjapap)
12:30 Rainton Bridge Business Park South of Npower Building Cygne (SMS:twrjapdp)
12:31 East Rainton Durham Road S/b S (31055) (SMS:twrgjmad)
12:32 East Rainton East Rainton W (SMS:twrgjmag)
12:32 Middle Rainton Durham Road (SMS:twrgjgmj)
12:33 Rainton Gate Garage SW/B (SMS:durdjpta)
12:33 Rainton Gate Moor House Farm SW/B (SMS:durdjpmt)
12:35 Carrville Dene Drive SW/B (SMS:durdjpmd)
12:36 Carrville Grange Court SW/B (SMS:durdjpjw)
12:36 Carrville High Street SW/B (SMS:durdjpjp)
12:38 Belmont Sportsmans Arms SW/B (SMS:durdjpjg)
12:40 High Grange Estate Belmont link road NW/B (SMS:durdjpja)
12:41 Durham Hild/Bede College SW/B (SMS:durdjpaw)
12:44 Durham Leazes Road (Millburngate Br) W/B (SMS:durdmdam)
12:46 Durham Bus Station stand L (SMS:durgatda)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Andreos1 - 22 Apr 2019

There's getting out of West Rainton on a Durham bound run too. 
X20 always has the advantage there too.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - big mac - 23 Apr 2019

Because of the x20 interworking with the x6/x7, I think on GNE's Facebook page the sentence "Due to delays on the previous journey the xx:xx X6 journey will not be operating" will appear quite a few times.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Dans_bus_photos - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 9:57 am)big mac Because of the x20 interworking with the x6/x7, I think on GNE's Facebook page the sentence "Due to delays on the previous journey the xx:xx X6 journey will not be operating" will appear quite a few times.

I thought that when the 20 was extended to Shields but reliability didn't seem to become any worse. I suppose the X6/X7/X20 will be ok if it is given sufficient layover times at each end.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Dan - 23 Apr 2019

Repainted 672:

[Image: 47626264682_b21aec53dd.jpg]Go North East: 0672 / NK16BXO by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Malarkey - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm)Dan Repainted 672:

[Image: 47626264682_b21aec53dd.jpg]Go North East: 0672 / NK16BXO by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Needs a little bit of yellow on the front I think.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Dan - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 6:13 pm)Malarkey Needs a little bit of yellow on the front I think.

Possibly going to add a little bit of yellow relief in vinyl under the silver bit - still playing around with different options at the moment!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - TyneWearTeesGNE - 23 Apr 2019

There was nothing wrong with the old livery

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - V514DFT - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 6:35 pm)Dan Possibly going to add a little bit of yellow relief in vinyl under the silver bit - still playing around with different options at the moment!

That really does look like an updated version on the late 90's/early 00's livery,i like it

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - streetdeckfan - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 4:51 pm)Dan Repainted 672:

And I thought the livery on the streetlite looked bad!
I think it'd look better without the yellow (it clashes with both that shade of red and shade of blue) and cut the blue at the front and go full red

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Andreos1 - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 7:47 pm)streetdeckfan And I thought the livery on the streetlite looked bad!
I think it'd look better without the yellow (it clashes with both that shade of red and shade of blue) and cut the blue at the front and go full red

The blue on the front looks like its picked up a spare panel from another vehicle! 
Horrendous.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - Malarkey - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 6:35 pm)Dan Possibly going to add a little bit of yellow relief in vinyl under the silver bit - still playing around with different options at the moment!

I actually think it would look a lot better if the white part was made yellow then take away the second stripe.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2019 - streetdeckfan - 23 Apr 2019

(23 Apr 2019, 8:41 pm)Malarkey I actually think it would look a lot better if the white part was made yellow then take away the second stripe.
I like the white and despise the yellow. I get yellow is a historic colour, but there are very few ways to use use yellow and not make it look like it was designed in paint by a 5 year old