North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 (/showthread.php?tid=2300)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - JP6004 - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 8:37 pm)streetdeckfan

Same when Maplin and Poundworld went into administration. I spent far too much money in there buying things for literally pennies.

I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a Streetdeck off their hands for £50!

Yes I do like the streetdeck above all other DD offering on the market. I really hope wright come through this. Yes the streetlite, in my opinion was a flop, poor build and quality. I dont know what the B8s are like but the recent streetdecks from 2017 seem well made and of high quality

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Rapidsnap - 24 Sep 2019

Chances are that the buses being built by Wrights at the moment will likely be without warrenty as was the case when Transbus folded 15 years ago.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - pbjd - 24 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 9:10 pm)Rapidsnap Chances are that the buses being built by Wrights at the moment will likely be without warrenty as was the case when Transbus folded 15 years ago.

AFAIK they aren't building any, there's Streetdecks sat seat and windowless as they can't afford them.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - streetdeckfan - 25 Sep 2019

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/25/wrightbus-goes-into-administration-1400-jobs-routemaster-northern-ireland

Well, they've gone into administration. Looks to me the chances of GNE getting the Streetdecks are going to be fairly slim. Let's just hope they get them so we don't get stuck with E400s!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Citaro5326 - 25 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 10:29 am)streetdeckfan https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/sep/25/wrightbus-goes-into-administration-1400-jobs-routemaster-northern-ireland

Well, they've gone into administration. Looks to me the chances of GNE getting the Streetdecks are going to be fairly slim. Let's just hope they get them so we don't get stuck with E400s!

I hope we do get E400MMC's instead of them, alot better than streetdecks imo

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - streetdeckfan - 25 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 11:11 am)Citaro5326

I hope we do get E400MMC's instead of them, alot better than streetdecks imo

I do have to disagree with you there, the only positive thing I can say about the E400 is that the engine is smoother than the StreetDeck's.

In terms of quality, the StreetDecks (the new ones at least) are far superior, the ride is better on actual roads (the E400 is smoother when the roads are nice, but they rarely are).

Plus, I think the StreetDeck looks far better, it might look like a frog (especially in green!), but at least it doesn't look like it's had an allergic reaction and it's face has swollen up!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - LeeCalder - 25 Sep 2019

(24 Sep 2019, 4:22 pm)ne14ne1 I’m quite disappointed by the new Green Arrows
livery to be honest, and more so what it means is yet to come for other routes.
Where’s the consistency?

Firstly, before the branding went on I was surprised the rear wasn’t blue if I’m honest. I now guess it’s just been a coincidence that all the new local liveries so far have had a blue rear. (2019 Corporate livery, Cobalt & Coast livery & Little Coasters livery). So when I saw the green rear my first reaction was, ‘well that’s not very Go North East!’

Secondly, didn’t they say they wanted the Go North East logo and slogan where it is on Cobalt & Coast’s so that it matched the location of Brighton & Hove’s/Go North West’s etc? However on the Green Arrows the route brand has been put there instead.

Thirdly, where did “Route” 97 come from. The 309/310s don’t include “Route” from what I remember. Not a major issue of course.

Fourthly, I’m just not personally a fan of the fonts they’ve used for the Green Arrow logo or the calling points along the sides. It’s just not as smart simple and modern as the fonts used on the Cobalt & Coast.
I’d have kept the fonts the same across all routes. Having different fonts for each route seems amateurish and we’re no doubt going to end up with some routes having ugly nursery school fonts again like the Toon Link logos.

Fifthly, did they need to clutter little arrows around the route name. They didn’t put little office blocks or waves around the Cobalt & Coast route name.

The lack of consistency is what I find disappointing. I thought they’d turned a corner and were steering away from different cheap amateurish logos and graphics for each route.

Definitely doesn’t “create desire”. ?

I have to say, I disagree with you.

I think it's a nicely designed brand.

Where's the consistency? The consistency is in the two lines, coming down from the roof, that is what ties the branded buses together, and creates a Go North East identity. Not the blue rear, as for the blue rear on Cobalt & Coast, Little Coaster's etc, isn't that because, well, they serve the coast??

(25 Sep 2019, 11:56 am)LeeCalder
I have to say, I disagree with you.

I think it's a nicely designed brand.

Where's the consistency? The consistency is in the two lines, coming down from the roof, that is what ties the branded buses together, and creates a Go North East identity. Not the blue rear, as for the blue rear on Cobalt & Coast, Little Coaster's etc, isn't that because, well, they serve the coast??

I always assumed that the rears would change colour with the different brands. I do think they went a bit over the top with the amount of arrows, but overall I think it's a very nice, simple design!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - ne14ne1 - 25 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 11:56 am)LeeCalder I have to say, I disagree with you. I think it's a nicely designed brand. Where's the consistency? The consistency is in the two lines, coming down from the roof, that is what ties the branded buses together, and creates a Go North East identity. Not the blue rear, as for the blue rear on Cobalt & Coast, Little Coaster's etc, isn't that because, well, they serve the coast??

Could well be, as I say I initially thought it was to be in line in with the 2019 Corp livery.

You’d think there’d be more consistency to build up an easily identifiable brand than purely the road-strip markings, which aren’t even immediately noticeable on the the new Green Arrows livery.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Dan - 25 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 12:45 pm)ne14ne1

Could well be, as I say I initially thought it was to be in line in with the 2019 Corp livery.

You’d think there’d be more consistency to build up an easily identifiable brand than purely the road-strip markings, which aren’t even immediately noticeable on the the new Green Arrows livery.

The roadstripe is the common theme in the brand, not the colours.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - ne14ne1 - 25 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 1:21 pm)Dan

The roadstripe is the common theme in the brand, not the colours.

Hmm, okay.

On the 97s, will the announcements say 'This is the Green Arrows 97 service to Newcastle' in both directions?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Dan - 25 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 5:09 pm)ne14ne1

Hmm, okay.

On the 97s, will the announcements say 'This is the Green Arrows 97 service to Newcastle' in both directions?

Yes.

(25 Sep 2019, 5:10 pm)Dan

Yes.

Would it not make more sense to have one say something like 'This is the Green Arrow 97 service to Newcastle Market Street, Via Metrocentre' one way and '...to Newcastle Eldon Square, via Gateshead' the other way. Just seems a bit confusing to have it the same both ways, especially if you're just going a couple stops and you realise you're on the wrong one.

I get they start in different places, but passengers are stupid.

A bit like with the 93/94. I never remember which one goes straight to Team Valley and which one goes round the world so always have to ask the driver.

(25 Sep 2019, 5:19 pm)streetdeckfan

Would it not make more sense to have one say something like 'This is the Green Arrow 97 service to Newcastle Market Street, Via Metrocentre' one way and '...to Newcastle Eldon Square, via Gateshead' the other way. Just seems a bit confusing to have it the same both ways, especially if you're just going a couple stops and you realise you're on the wrong one.

I get they start in different places, but passengers are stupid.

A bit like with the 93/94. I never remember which one goes straight to Team Valley and which one goes round the world so always have to ask the driver.

Then we'd be faced with folk saying that the announcement every time the doors close is too long and it should be simplified. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

(25 Sep 2019, 5:22 pm)Dan

Then we'd be faced with folk saying that the announcement every time the doors close is too long and it should be simplified. Damned if you do, damned if you don't!

Oh yeah, I forgot about those people!

Could you not set it so at key stops it says the full announcement or places where passengers may get on the wrong one, like Newcastle, Gateshead, Metrocentre etc. but then when it's just going through the estates it just cuts down to only saying Newcastle?

Seems like it would be a better option than either

(25 Sep 2019, 5:29 pm)streetdeckfan

Oh yeah, I forgot about those people!

Could you not set it so at key stops it says the full announcement or places where passengers may get on the wrong one, like Newcastle, Gateshead, Metrocentre etc. but then when it's just going through the estates it just cuts down to only saying Newcastle?

Seems like it would be a better option than either

Not particularly. Improvements will be made to the destination displays.

(25 Sep 2019, 5:10 pm)Dan

Yes.

What do other operators do on circular (or almost circular) services so that destinations and/or announcements aren't confusing?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - L469 YVK - 25 Sep 2019

I was talking with a driver last week on the 309 and apparently, they can drive the route for a maximum of 5 hours (2x round trips from collecting the bus in New York). Is this correct considering that time spent driving the van to and from Percy Main would also need to be counted?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - deanmachine - 25 Sep 2019

(25 Sep 2019, 7:09 pm)L469 YVK I was talking with a driver last week on the 309 and apparently, they can drive the route for a maximum of 5 hours (2x round trips from collecting the bus in New York). Is this correct considering that time spent driving the van to and from Percy Main would also need to be counted?

Well yeah as under GB domestic rules, drivers can drive a bus for up to 5 and a half hours.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2019 - Gonorth91 - 25 Sep 2019

I thought go northeast was getting rid of some brands especially the green arrow I would of put the gne livery on and have it all green