North East Buses
Blind displays - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Blind displays (/showthread.php?tid=2314)

Blind displays - BeachBoy99 - 04 Oct 2019

Hi everyone.

So for those who are aware, I'm working on bus drawings based on GNE liveries. Within these, I show the routes on all three blinds (front, rear and side). One problem I'm facing with a few is that the via points displayed on the front blind don't fit on the rear as the rear blinds are shorter.

Example is below – the drawing I'm focusing on is Loop 93.

Destination: Gateshead loop

Via points: VIA Low Fell then Heworth

Front display: [Image: CLGZQOM.png]

Rear display: [Image: hCSltor.png]

Obviously from the references here, the via points don't fit on the rear display. I was under the impression that the via points would be the same on both displays, but what would the solution be here? I had exactly the same problem yesterday trying to produce the display for service 35 to Low Moorsley, for which at one point the blind displays VIA Sunderland & Houghton and therefore also doesn't fit on the rear.

Any solutions? Anyone have any good quality photos of these? Probably asking for too much here...

Thanks Smile

RE: Blind displays - Andreos1 - 04 Oct 2019

(04 Oct 2019, 7:14 pm)BeachBoy99

Hi everyone.

So for those who are aware, I'm working on bus drawings based on GNE liveries. Within these, I show the routes on all three blinds (front, rear and side). One problem I'm facing with a few is that the via points displayed on the front blind don't fit on the rear as the rear blinds are shorter.

Example is below – the drawing I'm focusing on is Loop 93.

Destination: Gateshead loop

Via points: VIA Low Fell then Heworth

Front display: [Image: CLGZQOM.png]

Rear display: [Image: hCSltor.png]

Obviously from the references here, the via points don't fit on the rear display. I was under the impression that the via points would be the same on both displays, but what would the solution be here? I had exactly the same problem yesterday trying to produce the display for service 35 to Low Moorsley, for which at one point the blind displays VIA Sunderland & Houghton and therefore also doesn't fit on the rear.

Any solutions? Anyone have any good quality photos of these? Probably asking for too much here...

Thanks Smile

So I clicked the urls in your post and got the following images. Appreciate I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to posting urls, but I'd go for a dowel joint and McLeans.

.jpg
Screenshot_20191004_221322_com.android.chrome.jpg
Size: 888.45 KB / Downloads: 27

.jpg
Screenshot_20191004_221309_com.android.chrome.jpg
Size: 997.31 KB / Downloads: 19

RE: Blind displays - BeachBoy99 - 04 Oct 2019

(04 Oct 2019, 9:15 pm)Andreos1

So I clicked the urls in your post and got the following images. Appreciate I'm not the most tech savvy when it comes to posting urls, but I'd go for a dowel joint and McLeans.

Wtf? :') They shouldn't be links either. They should be attached photos?

RE: Blind displays - Andreos1 - 04 Oct 2019

(04 Oct 2019, 10:24 pm)BeachBoy99

Wtf? :') They shouldn't be links either. They should be attached photos?

Dunno if this is what others are seeing.

.jpg
Screenshot_20191004_234207_com.android.chrome.jpg
Size: 523.32 KB / Downloads: 24

RE: Blind displays - BeachBoy99 - 04 Oct 2019

(04 Oct 2019, 10:43 pm)Andreos1

This is why I hate trying to attach photos into forums. Absolutely shit.

(04 Oct 2019, 10:43 pm)Andreos1

It's probably because you're on mobile also. I'm using desktop.

RE: Blind displays - V514DFT - 04 Oct 2019

I see the image,not a link

RE: Blind displays - garrymc05 - 05 Oct 2019

(04 Oct 2019, 11:17 pm)V514DFT I see the image,not a link

same

RE: Blind displays - BeachBoy99 - 05 Oct 2019

So has anyone got any solutions to the problem rather than saying they can see the attached photos? -.-

RE: Blind displays - deanmachine - 05 Oct 2019

I know the 35 just says “via Sunderland” on the rear rather than both via points.

RE: Blind displays - BeachBoy99 - 05 Oct 2019

(05 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm)deanmachine

I know the 35 just says “via Sunderland” on the rear rather than both via points.

Ah right thanks! Thought it would have Smile" alt="Smile" title="Smile">