North East Buses
Go North East - Recent Repaints - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Recent Repaints (/showthread.php?tid=2556)

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Rapidsnap - 01 Jul 2021

I believe 5304 has been roadstriped.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Andreos1 - 01 Jul 2021

(30 Jun 2021, 11:58 pm)Rapidsnap The image is my ponysona / oc / website mascot which is named Rapidsnap

Think they were chatting about buses, repaints and tag-lines. Not your avatar Big Grin

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - GNE6312 - 01 Jul 2021

(01 Jul 2021, 7:01 pm)Michael Its literally been answered above ^^^
Never seen, sorry

Go North East - Recent Repaints - Xlines 6335 - 01 Jul 2021

https://flic.kr/p/2m8KzNF

https://flic.kr/p/2m8QPUR

Here is 9056 at the Metrocentre this evening working it’s final run of the day on the X45 to Consett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Micheal Aaron - 01 Jul 2021

Is Voyger for a set route just wondering or something else. As there's
1 Solo sr
1 Plaxton President
3 Scania N270UD OmniDekka
1 Volvo B9R Plaxton Elite

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 01 Jul 2021

(01 Jul 2021, 8:31 pm)Rapidsnap I believe 5304 has been roadstriped.

[Image: 51266501859_58317223f1_c.jpg]Go North East 5304 / NK08 CHL by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Was done last week

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - mb134 - 01 Jul 2021

(01 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm)Micheal Aaron Is Voyger for a set route just wondering or something else. As there's
1 Solo sr
1 Plaxton President
3 Scania N270UD OmniDekka
1 Volvo B9R Plaxton Elite

Ah yes, the route which has a 4 vehicle type mixed allocation ranging from a Solo to a coach. 

Given they're branded as Northern Coaching, for hire, and allocated to different depots, I think it's pretty clear that they aren't for a service route.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - ne14ne1 - 01 Jul 2021

Maybe it’s because I’m not a football fan but surely having these white spares on the Q3 and Xlines services especially is quite a downgrade for customers. Sure, some might think oh that’s good, as they see them approach, but then once inside it’s a bit of a disappointment over usual allocations, no?

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Adtrainsam - 01 Jul 2021

(01 Jul 2021, 10:30 pm)ne14ne1 Maybe it’s because I’m not a football fan but surely having these white spares on the Q3 and Xlines services especially is quite a downgrade for customers. Sure, some might think oh that’s good, as they see them approach, but then once inside it’s a bit of a disappointment over usual allocations, no?
Agreed! Whilst it’s a great initiative, it would’ve been better if they’d put them on a similar spec route such as the 25 or 28 for the Versa.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Micheal Aaron - 01 Jul 2021

See 8347 on the Q3 is seen mostly on there alongside a 2019 Versa. It's not really a downgraded as there isn't much of a change apart from no nsa or comfortable seats

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - mb134 - 01 Jul 2021

(01 Jul 2021, 11:17 pm)Micheal Aaron See 8347 on the Q3 is seen mostly on there alongside a 2019 Versa. It's not really a downgraded as there isn't much of a change apart from no nsa or comfortable seats

That sounds very much like a downgrade to me. How about your take on the B9 on the Consett X-Lines?

From my point of view, I like the effort that's gone in and I think it's a good idea (and comes with a decent dose of good PR). Can't sit here and say it isn't a downgrade for those X-Lines passengers though, or the Q3 for that matter.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - 6049 - 02 Jul 2021

(01 Jul 2021, 10:30 pm)ne14ne1 Maybe it’s because I’m not a football fan but surely having these white spares on the Q3 and Xlines services especially is quite a downgrade for customers. Sure, some might think oh that’s good, as they see them approach, but then once inside it’s a bit of a disappointment over usual allocations, no?
I think for the sake of two to three days (hopefully for longer Saturday depending), having three buses out which may not be to standard route spec isn't really the end of the world. Even if you're not a football fan you can appreciate that it's a nice gesture, good publicity and most importantly backing an event which does unite the country.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - WestDurhamSwift - 02 Jul 2021

Its a nice cheap gesture, sticking some red lines on buses already white. Makes very little different to customers, realistically how many customers are going to stop using a route (that's unchallenged in most parts) because 'The white England bus turned up' instead of the Gold one, realistically none.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - ne14ne1 - 02 Jul 2021

No I don’t think they’d lose customers over it, but even just for a few days you’re purposely putting an NSA-less vehicle out there in place of a one with NSA. Not great.

RE: Go North East - Recent Repaints - Dan - 02 Jul 2021

(02 Jul 2021, 6:57 am)ne14ne1 No I don’t think they’d lose customers over it, but even just for a few days you’re purposely putting an NSA-less vehicle out there in place of a one with NSA. Not great.

Who's to say that wouldn't have happened anyway, if a number of the X-lines branded buses normally allocated are off service?

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 02 Jul 2021

(02 Jul 2021, 9:54 am)Dan Who's to say that wouldn't have happened anyway, if a number of the X-lines branded buses normally allocated are off service?

You’d hope the spares had NSA at least.

RE: Ne14ne1 - mb134 - 02 Jul 2021

(02 Jul 2021, 3:19 pm)ne14ne1 You’d hope the spares had NSA at least.

I might be misremembering here, but aren't the X-Lines spares at Consett also fully branded etc? I.e there's a pool of however many they need, including spares, so in theory the replacement should always be X-Lines? 

I'd think it would only be rare instances where you might have one off for MOT, and an unusually high number VOR, that non X-Lines vehicles would be operating them. Also in situations like this, given everything else that's going on, I think passengers will be more than fine that the England bus pops up over the next week (depending on progress).

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 02 Jul 2021

(02 Jul 2021, 3:31 pm)mb134 Also in situations like this, given everything else that's going on, I think passengers will be more than fine that the England bus pops up over the next week (depending on progress).

Lets get a few stepped entrance ones in service too.

RE: Ne14ne1 - 6049 - 02 Jul 2021

(02 Jul 2021, 9:44 pm)ne14ne1 Lets get a few stepped entrance ones in service too.
No problem, as long as it's a dupe....

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Go North East - Recent Repaints - TEN 6083 - 05 Jul 2021

[Image: 38328facca01d1dac30e7d103d79aa60.jpg]

5502 has been repainted into a blue / yellow livery for a yet to be confirmed route, going by the comments on the post on Facebook, the B7RLE’s will replace the Streetlites on the X66.

(Photo courtesy of Robert Houston)

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk