North East Buses
Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - Future Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=2639)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Unber43 - 29 Sep 2022

(29 Sep 2022, 5:05 pm)Malarkey I'd say investment in the coming years should be that should be marked as a priority are listed below:

x12 Mercedes-Benz eCitaro's - Connections 4 - Mercs Withdrawn.
x17 Wright Streetdeck FCEV's - Cobalt & Coast 309/310/311 - B9TL's replace older Ex Eyms/Go North West & Lothian B9TL's which would be Withdrawn.
x16 Wright Streetdeck FCEV's - Angel 21 - MH Streetdecks transfer to Hownsgill for Durham Diamond 16/16A/Red Kite Ranger 47.
x16 Wright Streetdeck FCEV's - Tyne Valley Ten - B9TL's replace older Ex Eyms/Go North West & Lothian B9TL's which would be Withdrawn.
x12 Wright Streetdeck FCEV's - Prince Bishops 20 - Streetlites replace Midi Versas which would be Withdrawn.
x13 Wright Streetdeck FCEV's - CityRider 56 - B9TL's replace older Ex Eyms/Go North West & Lothian B9TL's which would be Withdrawn.
x14 Wright Hydroliner Single Deck - Drifter 60/61 - Streetlites & Mercs Withdrawn.

Once these are completed i'd then go towards New Buses for the X-Lines Network with a focus on upgrading Mini/Midibus Services across the region, the then former X-Lines E400MMC's/B5TL's and MH Streetdecks would provide upgrades to the likes of the Crusader 27, East Gateshead Rider 58 and East Gateshead Loop 93/94 along with replacing some on the Ex London B9TL's.
See I think GNE might want to get some E200 EV's. Especially with the 60, it really shouldn't be allocated anything over 11.5m. And I think the Hydroliner only come in 10.8 & 12m. 

10.8 is too small, 12m is too big for the route to be its permant allocation.

(29 Sep 2022, 5:05 pm)streetdeckfan I can't see anything changing with the X21 any time soon, the B5s are seemingly performing very well on it, as long as they're actually being allocated.
The most I can see with the X21 is a StreetDeck or two getting painted into Xlines blue, but even then I think they'd just paint it into Xlines charcoal so it can be used on any route
I agree, however the reason I and many others were wondering if the StreetDecks would be on the X21 was that there is 7/8 brand new buses just sitting on school routes. 

GNE clearly aren't in a place to start new expresses.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Malarkey - 29 Sep 2022

(29 Sep 2022, 5:32 pm)Unber43 See I think GNE might want to get some E200 EV's. Especially with the 60, it really shouldn't be allocated anything over 11.5m. And I think the Hydroliner only come in 10.8 & 12m. 

Could get Yutong E10's.

(29 Sep 2022, 6:03 pm)Malarkey Could get Yutong E10's.
There too small.

I think the reason the 60 went for Versa's to Streetlite in 4 years were due to capacity issues,

Also please no more Yutongs they're awful.

But i think we can all agree 10/10A/10B/20/21/60/56/309/310/311 need upgrades, with the latter 56/309/310/311 possibly getting upgrades.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Andreos1 - 29 Sep 2022

(29 Sep 2022, 5:32 pm)Unber43 See I think GNE might want to get some E200 EV's. Especially with the 60, it really shouldn't be allocated anything over 11.5m. And I think the Hydroliner only come in 10.8 & 12m. 

I agree, however the reason I and many others were wondering if the StreetDecks would be on the X21 was that there is 7/8 brand new buses just sitting on school routes. 

GNE clearly aren't in a place to start new expresses. 

But the excess of drivers...

There's another 100 being recruited currently, so when you add them together, there's going to be an even bigger surplus. Time to explore new routes?

(29 Sep 2022, 6:15 pm)Andreos1 But the excess of drivers...

There's another 100 being recruited currently, so when you add them together, there's going to be an even bigger surplus. Time to explore new routes?
Possibly, wonder if they'll look in here at a couple of suggestions for routes. Tho none of us have a degree and is not from the local area.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - ALavery - 29 Sep 2022

(29 Sep 2022, 5:24 pm)cbma06 If the Xlines brand to be kept on, then have them in the same front half colour, but the backend colour should all be the same, ie corporate colours design back end, the rest of the fleet should go corporate colours apart from all over paid advertisements, GNE need to go back to basics, individual branded services and route branding does not work when there are allocated to run other services and cause confusion to customers/passengers and not enthusiasts, and get rid of the x20 for good, it’s not needed , put deckers on the 20/20a for capacity issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know why they don’t bring overall branding back? Black cats and peterlee purples (bar one venturing into newcastle) as an example, paint multiple bus types into the brand for multiple routes and then that creates more flexibility and more of an identity for local services. I never understood why the sunderland district brand was all individual brands as oppose to one overall bran just called sunderland district. Or, just paint everything corp and make everyones life easier Wink

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Storx - 29 Sep 2022

(29 Sep 2022, 9:22 pm)ALavery I don’t know why they don’t bring overall branding back? Black cats and peterlee purples (bar one venturing into newcastle) as an example, paint multiple bus types into the brand for multiple routes and then that creates more flexibility and more of an identity for local services. I never understood why the sunderland district brand was all individual brands as oppose to one overall bran just called sunderland district. Or, just paint everything corp and make everyones life easier Wink

It's pointless doing that as the point of a brand is you think, ooo the green Angel that's my bus. If you paint everything in the green Angel then it defeats the point of it.

They tried to copy Trent Barton and Transdev where it actually works but then made an arse of it by changing names every other month and what buses are allocated with then multiple buses in the same brand which just defeats the point of it.

It's like Kelloggs changing it's name of Special K to Supreme K, then Super K the week after or branding everything as Special K so you can't tell the different between the cereals from miles away.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Unber43 - 12 Nov 2022

Wonder if GNE would ever purchase any second hand young deckers which are maybe 3-4 year old for fleet replacements for services such as the 56/309/310/311. Blackpool if they still do the fleet-replacement every 4 years would be a good place to get them from.

Rip out the interiors and replace them with GNE spec, ADL Seats, tables, USB, Wireless chargers then they're basically brand new!

Their Citaros would be quite good on the 12/12A/X20/61 or 35 as they quite suit CItaros.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Dan - 12 Nov 2022

(12 Nov 2022, 5:07 pm)Unber43 Wonder if GNE would ever purchase any second hand young deckers which are maybe 3-4 year old for fleet replacements for services such as the 56/309/310/311. Blackpool if they still do the fleet-replacement every 4 years would be a good place to get them from.

Rip out the interiors and replace them with GNE spec, ADL Seats, tables, USB, Wireless chargers then they're basically brand new!

Their Citaros would be quite good on the 12/12A/X20/61 or 35 as they quite suit CItaros.

GNE has pretty much replaced its entire fleet of Citaros - I can't see them wanting to bring Citaros back into the fleet any time soon.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Unber43 - 12 Nov 2022

(12 Nov 2022, 5:29 pm)Dan GNE has pretty much replaced its entire fleet of Citaros - I can't see them wanting to bring Citaros back into the fleet any time soon.
Maybe its because I have a soft spot for Citaros they are amazing buses, I was on the 35 and the versas are so much worse than the Citaros in quality.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Blockybus - 12 Nov 2022

(12 Nov 2022, 5:29 pm)Dan GNE has pretty much replaced its entire fleet of Citaros - I can't see them wanting to bring Citaros back into the fleet any time soon.
Sad

Go North East - Future Order Predictions - streetdeckfan - 14 Nov 2022

The Citaros were good for their time, but they aged badly and GNE's 'refurbishment' ruined them completely

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - nova347 - 17 Nov 2022

With any future orders do you think GNE will finally move to mirrorless buses?

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Malarkey - 18 Nov 2022

Not even some eCitaro's?

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Unber43 - 19 Nov 2022

I think there are some 65 Plate Citaros which are being replaced in London, there are 15 

9x 35 
6x X20

10 Plate Citaros (X20) could be sent to CLS for 34 which needs 4 (1x Spare), 2x Spare for Deptford.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 19 Nov 2022

(19 Nov 2022, 2:24 pm)Unber43 I think there are some 65 Plate Citaros which are being replaced in London, there are 15 

9x 35 
6x X20

10 Plate Citaros (X20) could be sent to CLS for 34 which needs 4 (1x Spare), 2x Spare for Deptford.
Why would GNE want Citaros? They're a money pit compared to StreetLites, Versas and E200MMCs

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - NL62WVW - 20 Nov 2022

(19 Nov 2022, 2:24 pm)Unber43 10 Plate Citaros (X20) could be sent to CLS for 34 which needs 4 (1x Spare), 2x Spare for Deptford.

Washington don't you mean?

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Unber43 - 20 Nov 2022

(20 Nov 2022, 12:07 pm)NL62WVW Washington don't you mean?
Yeah

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - Malarkey - 21 Nov 2022

(19 Nov 2022, 2:24 pm)Unber43 I think there are some 65 Plate Citaros which are being replaced in London, there are 15 

9x 35 
6x X20

Go-Ahead London are getting 20 Scania Irizar IE Tram Buses to replace the 65reg Mercs on the 358 from Orpington Station to Crystal Palace which are due to enter service in early 2023, I would think 65reg Mercs would be cascaded to replace the older 09reg Mercs on the 108 from Stratford International to Lewisham with latter then cascaded elsewhere, I could also see the 108 being converted to Electric Buses in the New Year also, we'll have to wait and see what happens but I certainly wouldn't expect any cascades up here.

RE: Go North East - Future Order Predictions - nova347 - 05 Dec 2022

One thing I hate about E400MMC's, is that stupid AC vent at the front upstairs, first of all, its so loud and even when it's freezing outside it is still on. Like I don't think the E400MMC's even have any heating or if they do it's shit as they're also so cold.