North East Buses
Stagecoach North East Latest News - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Stagecoach North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: Stagecoach North East Latest News (/showthread.php?tid=3180)

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - AIG20 - 08 Aug 2021

(24 Jul 2021, 5:19 am)54APhotography The decision on 19114 is favourable.

It has been repainted into the new local livery, so I assume its return to service is imminent.

I think it would be best if it is kept away from the X24 and X34 to avoid it breaking down again.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - LVK 404L - 08 Aug 2021

Does anyone know what the issue is with Shielde 37306 SK15 HEV . According to bustimes it has not seen use since May.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Michael - 13 Aug 2021

Reduced Saturday service in Teeside for 4 weeks due to driver shortages:

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-updates/serviceupdatesarticle?SituationId=ID-19/03/2020-15:06:31:205

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Lottie332 - 18 Aug 2021

(29 Jul 2021, 10:53 am)glen I seen a photo of man alx 300 no 22081 at Stockton depot next to E300 with it smash is the picture an update photo.
it appears to be here for a few repairs along with 39728 (MAN E200 from sunderland) which when it first came its headlights were removed now there back on so its quite odd as to whats happening with it

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Lottie332 - 20 Aug 2021

Stagecoach Oxford 50267 has been parked up in Stockton depot today anyone have an idea as to why its here and what its here for?
Flickr link: https://flic.kr/p/2mi983T

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Train8261 - 20 Aug 2021

Probably nothing could just be repairing or spare parts. Unless stagecoach have something up there sleeve

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Acky81 - 20 Aug 2021

I hate to be negative but what a waste of fuel that stagecoach 99 route is. Since they got it I’ve never seen one passenger on it. Hylton castle to plains farm is already served by service 3 in Sunderland. 
The 18 route puzzles me. Why have gilley law as a destination when it’s off down the seafront first. Who on earth is going to ride that from fawcett st to gilley law via seaburn. 18 and 99 need axing pointless routes.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Michael - 20 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 9:12 pm)Acky81 I hate to be negative but what a waste of fuel that stagecoach 99 route is. Since they got it I’ve never seen one passenger on it. Hylton castle to plains farm is already served by service 3 in Sunderland. 
The 18 route puzzles me. Why have gilley law as a destination when it’s off down the seafront first. Who on earth is going to ride that from fawcett st to gilley law via seaburn. 18 and 99 need axing pointless routes.

99 is a NEXUS route so its gonna have no one on Angel

I agree the 18 is a pointless route.... i think every section of its route is crosses with another service.

99 could be merged with another route

The fact routes owned by nexus are not decided by the company who runs them.

It's probably the reason you will never see a decker allocated to the route. Nexus will fund the route till they see the point of it not making them money anymore and then will withdraw it.

On another note I thought the 19 would have failed but seems to be well received because of the open toppers on it

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 20 Aug 2021

Do you think going to replace ex buses from Sunderland at Stockton depot to do college route.

18 should of gone years ago when the 6 got axed back in 2005.
Yeah I know 99 is nexus. There’s no demand for it just total waste of money.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Michael - 20 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 9:28 pm)Train8261 The fact routes owned by nexus are not decided by the company who runs them.

It's probably the reason you will never see a decker allocated to the route. Nexus will fund the route till they see the point of it not making them money anymore and then will withdraw it.

On another note I thought the 19 would have failed but seems to be well received because of the open toppers on it

19 does seem to be doing well however when it comes to September, its likely to be withdrawn as planned.

Hopefully it will return next year for the Spring/Summer time.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong and it continues to run after September.

(20 Aug 2021, 9:30 pm)glen Do you think going to replace ex buses from Sunderland at Stockton depot to do college route.

It all depends whos won what contracts.

Yeah I travelled to red house to pick up the 19 down the seafront. Good success it was packed. Shame it’s axed from sept 4th. Sunderland south should get an open top too
Service 6 north estates
Service 7 south estates

But repaint Sunderland landmarks not north Tyneside

Be interesting to see if the19 was to continue during the winter as normal bus. If no demand then just bring the open top back 2022

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 20 Aug 2021

All I think of new collage on Newport Road is open September near buses station my be exter bus for 36 for students?

Just have to wait and see. I mean there open top service in North Shields failed (shall we say) and that seemed popular but its just a wait and see

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Benny - 21 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 9:41 pm)glen All I think of new collage on Newport Road is open September near buses station  my be exter bus for 36 for students?

No... the old college didn't need it so why would the new one? 

Besides there is a bus between Middlesbrough and Stockton every couple of minutes. 6 buses an hour to Hartlepool, 7 to Billingham, 8 to Norton... Whilst the odd 36 journey may be more comfortable using a decker, the single decks do a decent enough job.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Dans_bus_photos - 21 Aug 2021

(20 Aug 2021, 9:12 pm)Acky81 I hate to be negative but what a waste of fuel that stagecoach 99 route is. Since they got it I’ve never seen one passenger on it. Hylton castle to plains farm is already served by service 3 in Sunderland. 

I don't think the idea of the 18 is to take passengers the full route. Every time I've been on it takes a handful of passengers from the likes of Pallion to Southwick or Seaburn. Im sure it only terminates at Gilley Law so the link to the hospital was maintained when the 5/5A was withdrawn.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - Acky81 - 21 Aug 2021

(21 Aug 2021, 8:37 am)Dans_bus_photos I don't think the idea of the 18 is to take passengers the full route. Every time I've been on it takes a handful of passengers from the likes of Pallion to Southwick or Seaburn. Im sure it only terminates at Gilley Law so the link to the hospital was maintained when the 5/5A was withdrawn.

should of just kept the 5 now that was a handy route but spoilt when it went to east Herrington mixing people up

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - RobinHood - 21 Aug 2021

(21 Aug 2021, 8:17 am)Benny No... the old college didn't need it so why would the new one? 

Besides there is a bus between Middlesbrough and Stockton every couple of minutes. 6 buses an hour to Hartlepool, 7 to Billingham, 8 to Norton... Whilst the odd 36 journey may be more comfortable using a decker, the single decks do a decent enough job.

I understand that the existing dedicated coaches that served the old site will not be running from Sept, so yeah, there will be extra students on normal buses.

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News - glen - 22 Aug 2021

Do you think stagecoach on Teesside get some more of buses from stagecoach Oxford or just that one?