You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Stagecoach North East Latest News

RE: Stagecoach North East Latest News
(19 Jul 2021, 5:32 pm)Train8261 wrote Can Sunderland stop taking everything Walkergate/Slatyford. They have took the Open Toppers and a few E400. Slatyford gets sent more single deckers  Huh
Nothing going in the other direction this time.
(19 Jul 2021, 5:32 pm)Train8261 wrote Can Sunderland stop taking everything Walkergate/Slatyford. They have took the Open Toppers and a few E400. Slatyford gets sent more single deckers  Huh
Thats Sunderland for ya,knicking other depots buses
Kind Regards
Tez

It'll just be for the summer to help out on the Es, Walkergate don't need them during the school holidays.
(19 Jul 2021, 5:22 pm)AIG20 wrote It appears that ADL E400s 19440 and 19444 have transferred to Sunderland from Walkergate.

Are there are any more to transfer?

19440 was my bus to work this morning, was a nice ride.... glad we have more deckers at Sunderland, they'll need them over the holidays, if the weather stays like this!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(19 Jul 2021, 6:22 pm)Michael wrote 19440 was my bus to work this morning, was a nice ride.... glad we have more deckers at Sunderland, they'll need them over the holidays, if the weather stays like this!
Retired early  after arriving in Red House at 14:31.

there is a *possibility* that one of the two *may* be to replace 19114 which is on decision.
(19 Jul 2021, 6:57 pm)54APhotography wrote Retired early  after arriving in Red House at 14:31.

there is a *possibility* that one of the two *may* be to replace 19114 which is on decision.
What does that mean
(20 Jul 2021, 11:28 am)54APhotography wrote Standard term for anything that may be uneconomical to repair versus life expectancy.

There are lots of videos on YouTube of it being absolutely hammered on the X24 and X34, especially with it having kickdown enabled, so I'm not surprised if its engine failed - assuming that is what the problem is?
(20 Jul 2021, 5:19 pm)AIG20 wrote There are lots of videos on YouTube of it being absolutely hammered on the X24 and X34, especially with it having kickdown enabled, so I'm not surprised if its engine failed - assuming that is what the problem is?

She had a new engine in May, then returned to service but never tracked. Was laid up again at the end of June. She's probably had her budget allowance spent for the year!
(20 Jul 2021, 5:19 pm)AIG20 wrote There are lots of videos on YouTube of it being absolutely hammered on the X24 and X34, especially with it having kickdown enabled, so I'm not surprised if its engine failed - assuming that is what the problem is?

If it's the one I think it was it was smoking heavily as soon as it came up from Manchester, thought it was a silly idea throwing it straight on the X34 at the time.
Site Administrator
(20 Jul 2021, 5:43 pm)deanmachine wrote If it's the one I think it was it was smoking heavily as soon as it came up from Manchester, thought it was a silly idea throwing it straight on the X34 at the time.

Last time I overtook it on the Felling Bypass, it seemed to be in limp mode smoking heavily. Replacement bus on the X34 was at Boldon waiting for it. That was a good while ago now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20 Jul 2021, 7:39 pm)Dan wrote Last time I overtook it on the Felling Bypass, it seemed to be in limp mode smoking heavily. Replacement bus on the X34 was at Boldon waiting for it. That was a good while ago now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She's had two major episodes on the X34.

Looking like she won't have a third.
Newcastle City Council are using a Vaccination bus, R982 XVM, an Alexander PS bodied Volvo B10M which is/was Stagecoach Manchester 20982. It still carried legal lettering for Stagecoach Manchester when I saw it this evening on Welbeck Road. I'm guessing that it is being operated by Stagecoach North East while it is here.

It carries plain white livery with NHS logos and lettering. Looks like it is due to appear at Old Eldon Square this coming Friday and Saturday.
(22 Jul 2021, 11:11 am)atlantean560 wrote Yes saw this on chillingham road last week. Havent seen it parked up at walkergate when going past, so not sure where it's based

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Was on the GNE X84 yesterday and saw it parked up next to St James Park.
Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
I seen a photo of man alx 300 no 22081 at Stockton depot next to E300 with it smash is the picture an update photo.
Can't upload the image, but there's a photo doing the rounds of a fella sitting on top of an E400, working a 22 to Cobalt.

No idea how he got up or got down.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
If the driver had gone a couple hundred metres further he could have used the old railway bridge to remove the idiot. Same person also climbed on top of a number 7 in Lemington about a hour beforehand. Maybe he felt that climbing on a Single Decker wasn't enough of a challenge and doubled down to climb the decker.
Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Minor bus crash at Middlesbrough bus station yesterday afternoon:
megabus 54216 pulling round corner towards Broadcasting House bus stop to load passengers clipped stationary 27162 on route 39 waiting for a green light with a loud crunch.
Both vehicles swapped paint and suffered minor panel damage (offside rear corner on 54216, nearside rear corner on 27162) :the coach continued on it's way south, while 27162 went out of service)
(03 Aug 2021, 6:27 pm)54APhotography wrote Scania/ADL Enviro 300NG 28034 had a collision early this morning at the Sandhill crossroads of the A690 Durham Road, Sunderland. The vehicle was recovered by Alpha, seen heading along the A690 New Durham Road en route to the Wheatsheaf.

IMG_4470 | Ian Hardie | Flickr

Oh dear, it'll come back in to service in to the toothpaste livery.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Hi I think 39661 is at Stockton depot according bustime in heatlepool saw a photo of it in Stockton depot today I don't way?