North East Buses
Livery concepts and 'fixes' - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Livery concepts and 'fixes' (/showthread.php?tid=3221)

Pages: 1 2 3

Livery concepts and 'fixes' - streetdeckfan - 11 Dec 2020

Sure there's a thread somewhere I could put these but after spending all of 10 seconds looking I couldn't find it, and I didn't want to keep messing up the other threads as I know it annoys some people!

During the live stream there was some discussion around the 'Loop' getting rebranded in the new year, that inspired me to do a few concepts of what it could be like using their two livery 'templates'.

It could potentially fall under either as it is a 'unique' route in that it is a loop.  You can also tell I put more effort into one than the other!

[Image: Stripey-Loop.jpg]
[Image: Swoopy-Loop.jpg]

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - Andreos1 - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)streetdeckfan Sure there's a thread somewhere I could put these but after spending all of 10 seconds looking I couldn't find it, and I didn't want to keep messing up the other threads as I know it annoys some people!

During the live stream there was some discussion around the 'Loop' getting rebranded in the new year, that inspired me to do a few concepts of what it could be like using their two livery 'templates'.

It could potentially fall under either as it is a 'unique' route in that it is a loop.  You can also tell I put more effort into one than the other!

There's already a branding thread in the infrastructure section. 

Could it have gone in there?

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - JP6004 - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)streetdeckfan Sure there's a thread somewhere I could put these but after spending all of 10 seconds looking I couldn't find it, and I didn't want to keep messing up the other threads as I know it annoys some people!

Almost as good as the blue/pink angel  Wink

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - reymyster9 - 11 Dec 2020

Where do you get the base images for the buses from?

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - streetdeckfan - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 5:45 pm)reymyster9 Where do you get the base images for the buses from?

Mainly from the old timetables that had the vector graphics of the buses, I just removed the old livery and added my own.

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - L469 YVK - 11 Dec 2020

Both look good, perhaps make Gateshead on the second version slightly smaller.

Would be a tough choice to either stick with the corporate style or perhaps to tie in with QuayCity and Voltra (Newcastle & Gateshead) to go with the second version.

First version probably looks the cleanest of the pair.

(11 Dec 2020, 6:15 pm)L469 YVK Both look good, perhaps make Gateshead on the second version slightly smaller.

Would be a tough choice to either stick with the corporate style or perhaps to tie in with QuayCity and Voltra (Newcastle & Gateshead) to go with the second version.

First version probably looks the cleanest of the pair.

I think for a decker, the swoopy style just doesn't seem to work as well.

For shits and giggles, I did a quick mock up on the old single decker and I think it works really well

[Image: Swoopy-Loop-L94.jpg]

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - ne14ne1 - 11 Dec 2020

Nice work Streetdeckfan.
I’d definitely opt for the road strip design but maybe green for the front part and black for the back, as I’m not a fan of black buses.

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - Michael - 11 Dec 2020

Ooo I like double decker one!, suits the bus really well.

(11 Dec 2020, 8:12 pm)ne14ne1 Nice work Streetdeckfan.
I’d definitely opt for the road strip design but maybe green for the front part and black for the back, as I’m not a fan of black buses.

Thanks!

I tried it the other way round but I wasn't really a fan, that's why I went with a dark grey instead of the black of old. 

[Image: Stripey-Loop-Inverted.jpg]

Ne14ne1 - ne14ne1 - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm)streetdeckfan Thanks!

I tried it the other way round but I wasn't really a fan, that's why I went with a dark grey instead of the black of old. 

[Image: Stripey-Loop-Inverted.jpg]

I see what you mean that green is a bit garish.

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - Storx - 11 Dec 2020

Idm the black on the B9TL's looks alright imo. The stripes is the nicer version out of those though however the pink version was the best version of the Loop branding imo, we need more bright liverys and pink is underused whereas the green is on the Saltwells, TT and Angel.

(11 Dec 2020, 10:50 pm)Storx Idm the black on the B9TL's looks alright imo. The stripes is the nicer version out of those though however the pink version was the best version of the Loop branding imo, we need more bright liverys and pink is underused whereas the green is on the Saltwells, TT and Angel.

Funny you should say that, I had a spare few minutes so did the rest of the colours.  

[Image: Stripey-Loop-Blue.jpg]
[Image: Stripey-Loop-Orange.jpg]
[Image: Stripey-Loop-Pink.jpg]

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - Storx - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm)streetdeckfan Funny you should say that, I had a spare few minutes so did the rest of the colours.  

Definitely prefer the pink, it's different and stands out more. That said I do like the blue aswell; think I prefer the green the least though.

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - GNE6312 - 11 Dec 2020

(11 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm)streetdeckfan Funny you should say that, I had a spare few minutes so did the rest of the colours.  

Is it me or does the blue variant look similar to cobalt and Coast. These are brilliant though and I do hope gne incorporates one of these.

(11 Dec 2020, 11:18 pm)Storx Definitely prefer the pink, it's different and stands out more. That said I do like the blue aswell; think I prefer the green the least though.

Yeah, I do really like the pink as well. I doubt they'll continue having four different colours if and when they rebrand them. I still do like the green though

(11 Dec 2020, 11:19 pm)GNE6312 Is it me or does the blue variant look similar to cobalt and Coast. These are brilliant though and I do hope gne incorporates one of these.

That's why I initially decided not to do the blue version, it's basically C&C but with a dark grey, and in my opinion looks far nicer than C&C.

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - ne14ne1 - 18 May 2021

Will post here as I guess it’s a livery/brand ‘fix’.
I saw this pic of vinyls I hadn’t noticed before on the rear of an Angel: https://flic.kr/p/2kYRggK - and I then noticed a good few Angels have now had the slightly revised vinyls applied so that the side and rear windows are clear of graphics.

More good work going on in the background to tidy up the fleet. (I hadn’t noticed it brought up on here so had presumed it was still only the 1 Angel knocking around with revised vinyls, but looks to be at least 3 or 4 done now).

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - Adrian - 20 May 2021

(18 May 2021, 9:25 am)ne14ne1 Will post here as I guess it’s a livery/brand ‘fix’.
I saw this pic of vinyls I hadn’t noticed before on the rear of an Angel: https://flic.kr/p/2kYRggK - and I then noticed a good few Angels have now had the slightly revised vinyls applied so that the side and rear windows are clear of graphics.

More good work going on in the background to tidy up the fleet. (I hadn’t noticed it brought up on here so had presumed it was still only the 1 Angel knocking around with revised vinyls, but looks to be at least 3 or 4 done now).

I noticed the rear graphics when I was out a few weeks ago. A massive improvement from the awful graphics showing passengers standing.

It's a shame about that colour match on the bottom of the engine door vs the bumper. Stands out like a sore thumb!

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - streetdeckfan - 20 May 2021

(20 May 2021, 11:59 am)Adrian I noticed the rear graphics when I was out a few weeks ago. A massive improvement from the awful graphics showing passengers standing.

It's a shame about that colour match on the bottom of the engine door vs the bumper. Stands out like a sore thumb!

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw them as well. Although I didn't mention it this time as I feel like I've mentioned it too many times!

Although while we're on the subject of colour matches, the colour matches for the road stripes aren't the best either, although it's really to be expected since vinyl and paint have different colour fade

RE: Livery concepts and 'fixes' - OrangeArrow49 - 21 May 2021

Could a skilled individual do a concept for the 74? Using the swoosh like the QuayCity, linking Hexham & Newcastle, plus Matfen, Stamfordham, Callerton and Westerhope on the cant rail above the windows, in white on navy blue. Using a yellow and navy colour scheme.