Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Livery concepts and 'fixes'

Livery concepts and 'fixes'

Livery concepts and 'fixes'

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
11 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm #1
Sure there's a thread somewhere I could put these but after spending all of 10 seconds looking I couldn't find it, and I didn't want to keep messing up the other threads as I know it annoys some people!

During the live stream there was some discussion around the 'Loop' getting rebranded in the new year, that inspired me to do a few concepts of what it could be like using their two livery 'templates'.

It could potentially fall under either as it is a 'unique' route in that it is a loop.  You can also tell I put more effort into one than the other!

[Image: Stripey-Loop.jpg]
[Image: Swoopy-Loop.jpg]
streetdeckfan
11 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm #1

Sure there's a thread somewhere I could put these but after spending all of 10 seconds looking I couldn't find it, and I didn't want to keep messing up the other threads as I know it annoys some people!

During the live stream there was some discussion around the 'Loop' getting rebranded in the new year, that inspired me to do a few concepts of what it could be like using their two livery 'templates'.

It could potentially fall under either as it is a 'unique' route in that it is a loop.  You can also tell I put more effort into one than the other!

Andreos1

11 Dec 2020, 5:24 pm #2
(11 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)streetdeckfan Sure there's a thread somewhere I could put these but after spending all of 10 seconds looking I couldn't find it, and I didn't want to keep messing up the other threads as I know it annoys some people!

There's already a branding thread in the infrastructure section. 

Could it have gone in there?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Dec 2020, 5:24 pm #2

(11 Dec 2020, 5:13 pm)streetdeckfan Sure there's a thread somewhere I could put these but after spending all of 10 seconds looking I couldn't find it, and I didn't want to keep messing up the other threads as I know it annoys some people!

There's already a branding thread in the infrastructure section. 

Could it have gone in there?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

JP6004

11 Dec 2020, 5:31 pm #3

Almost as good as the blue/pink angel  Wink
JP6004
11 Dec 2020, 5:31 pm #3

Almost as good as the blue/pink angel  Wink

11 Dec 2020, 5:45 pm #4

Where do you get the base images for the buses from?
reymyster9
11 Dec 2020, 5:45 pm #4

Where do you get the base images for the buses from?

11 Dec 2020, 5:49 pm #5
(11 Dec 2020, 5:45 pm)reymyster9 Where do you get the base images for the buses from?

Mainly from the old timetables that had the vector graphics of the buses, I just removed the old livery and added my own.
streetdeckfan
11 Dec 2020, 5:49 pm #5

(11 Dec 2020, 5:45 pm)reymyster9 Where do you get the base images for the buses from?

Mainly from the old timetables that had the vector graphics of the buses, I just removed the old livery and added my own.

L469 YVK

11 Dec 2020, 6:15 pm #6

Both look good, perhaps make Gateshead on the second version slightly smaller.

Would be a tough choice to either stick with the corporate style or perhaps to tie in with QuayCity and Voltra (Newcastle & Gateshead) to go with the second version.

First version probably looks the cleanest of the pair.
L469 YVK
11 Dec 2020, 6:15 pm #6

Both look good, perhaps make Gateshead on the second version slightly smaller.

Would be a tough choice to either stick with the corporate style or perhaps to tie in with QuayCity and Voltra (Newcastle & Gateshead) to go with the second version.

11 Dec 2020, 6:47 pm #7
(11 Dec 2020, 6:15 pm)L469 YVK Both look good, perhaps make Gateshead on the second version slightly smaller.

I think for a decker, the swoopy style just doesn't seem to work as well.

For shits and giggles, I did a quick mock up on the old single decker and I think it works really well

[Image: Swoopy-Loop-L94.jpg]
streetdeckfan
11 Dec 2020, 6:47 pm #7

(11 Dec 2020, 6:15 pm)L469 YVK Both look good, perhaps make Gateshead on the second version slightly smaller.

I think for a decker, the swoopy style just doesn't seem to work as well.

For shits and giggles, I did a quick mock up on the old single decker and I think it works really well

[Image: Swoopy-Loop-L94.jpg]

ne14ne1

11 Dec 2020, 8:12 pm #8
Nice work Streetdeckfan.
I’d definitely opt for the road strip design but maybe green for the front part and black for the back, as I’m not a fan of black buses.
ne14ne1
11 Dec 2020, 8:12 pm #8

Nice work Streetdeckfan.
I’d definitely opt for the road strip design but maybe green for the front part and black for the back, as I’m not a fan of black buses.

Michael

11 Dec 2020, 8:13 pm #9
Ooo I like double decker one!, suits the bus really well.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Dec 2020, 8:13 pm #9

Ooo I like double decker one!, suits the bus really well.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

11 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm #10
(11 Dec 2020, 8:12 pm)ne14ne1 Nice work Streetdeckfan.

Thanks!

I tried it the other way round but I wasn't really a fan, that's why I went with a dark grey instead of the black of old. 

[Image: Stripey-Loop-Inverted.jpg]
streetdeckfan
11 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm #10

(11 Dec 2020, 8:12 pm)ne14ne1 Nice work Streetdeckfan.

Thanks!

I tried it the other way round but I wasn't really a fan, that's why I went with a dark grey instead of the black of old. 

ne14ne1

11 Dec 2020, 9:00 pm #11
(11 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm)streetdeckfan Thanks!

I see what you mean that green is a bit garish.
ne14ne1
11 Dec 2020, 9:00 pm #11

(11 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm)streetdeckfan Thanks!

I see what you mean that green is a bit garish.

Storx

11 Dec 2020, 10:50 pm #12
Idm the black on the B9TL's looks alright imo. The stripes is the nicer version out of those though however the pink version was the best version of the Loop branding imo, we need more bright liverys and pink is underused whereas the green is on the Saltwells, TT and Angel.
Storx
11 Dec 2020, 10:50 pm #12

Idm the black on the B9TL's looks alright imo. The stripes is the nicer version out of those though however the pink version was the best version of the Loop branding imo, we need more bright liverys and pink is underused whereas the green is on the Saltwells, TT and Angel.

11 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm #13
(11 Dec 2020, 10:50 pm)Storx Idm the black on the B9TL's looks alright imo. The stripes is the nicer version out of those though however the pink version was the best version of the Loop branding imo, we need more bright liverys and pink is underused whereas the green is on the Saltwells, TT and Angel.

Funny you should say that, I had a spare few minutes so did the rest of the colours.  

[Image: Stripey-Loop-Blue.jpg]
[Image: Stripey-Loop-Orange.jpg]
[Image: Stripey-Loop-Pink.jpg]
streetdeckfan
11 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm #13

(11 Dec 2020, 10:50 pm)Storx Idm the black on the B9TL's looks alright imo. The stripes is the nicer version out of those though however the pink version was the best version of the Loop branding imo, we need more bright liverys and pink is underused whereas the green is on the Saltwells, TT and Angel.

Funny you should say that, I had a spare few minutes so did the rest of the colours.  

Storx

11 Dec 2020, 11:18 pm #14
(11 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm)streetdeckfan Funny you should say that, I had a spare few minutes so did the rest of the colours.  

Definitely prefer the pink, it's different and stands out more. That said I do like the blue aswell; think I prefer the green the least though.
Storx
11 Dec 2020, 11:18 pm #14

(11 Dec 2020, 10:57 pm)streetdeckfan Funny you should say that, I had a spare few minutes so did the rest of the colours.  

Definitely prefer the pink, it's different and stands out more. That said I do like the blue aswell; think I prefer the green the least though.

GNE6312

11 Dec 2020, 11:19 pm #15

Is it me or does the blue variant look similar to cobalt and Coast. These are brilliant though and I do hope gne incorporates one of these.
GNE6312
11 Dec 2020, 11:19 pm #15

Is it me or does the blue variant look similar to cobalt and Coast. These are brilliant though and I do hope gne incorporates one of these.

11 Dec 2020, 11:29 pm #16
(11 Dec 2020, 11:18 pm)Storx Definitely prefer the pink, it's different and stands out more. That said I do like the blue aswell; think I prefer the green the least though.

Yeah, I do really like the pink as well. I doubt they'll continue having four different colours if and when they rebrand them. I still do like the green though

(11 Dec 2020, 11:19 pm)GNE6312 Is it me or does the blue variant look similar to cobalt and Coast. These are brilliant though and I do hope gne incorporates one of these.

That's why I initially decided not to do the blue version, it's basically C&C but with a dark grey, and in my opinion looks far nicer than C&C.
streetdeckfan
11 Dec 2020, 11:29 pm #16

(11 Dec 2020, 11:18 pm)Storx Definitely prefer the pink, it's different and stands out more. That said I do like the blue aswell; think I prefer the green the least though.

Yeah, I do really like the pink as well. I doubt they'll continue having four different colours if and when they rebrand them. I still do like the green though

(11 Dec 2020, 11:19 pm)GNE6312 Is it me or does the blue variant look similar to cobalt and Coast. These are brilliant though and I do hope gne incorporates one of these.

That's why I initially decided not to do the blue version, it's basically C&C but with a dark grey, and in my opinion looks far nicer than C&C.

ne14ne1

18 May 2021, 9:25 am #17
Will post here as I guess it’s a livery/brand ‘fix’.
I saw this pic of vinyls I hadn’t noticed before on the rear of an Angel: https://flic.kr/p/2kYRggK - and I then noticed a good few Angels have now had the slightly revised vinyls applied so that the side and rear windows are clear of graphics.

More good work going on in the background to tidy up the fleet. (I hadn’t noticed it brought up on here so had presumed it was still only the 1 Angel knocking around with revised vinyls, but looks to be at least 3 or 4 done now).
ne14ne1
18 May 2021, 9:25 am #17

Will post here as I guess it’s a livery/brand ‘fix’.
I saw this pic of vinyls I hadn’t noticed before on the rear of an Angel: https://flic.kr/p/2kYRggK - and I then noticed a good few Angels have now had the slightly revised vinyls applied so that the side and rear windows are clear of graphics.

More good work going on in the background to tidy up the fleet. (I hadn’t noticed it brought up on here so had presumed it was still only the 1 Angel knocking around with revised vinyls, but looks to be at least 3 or 4 done now).

Adrian

20 May 2021, 11:59 am #18
(18 May 2021, 9:25 am)ne14ne1 Will post here as I guess it’s a livery/brand ‘fix’.

I noticed the rear graphics when I was out a few weeks ago. A massive improvement from the awful graphics showing passengers standing.

It's a shame about that colour match on the bottom of the engine door vs the bumper. Stands out like a sore thumb!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 May 2021, 11:59 am #18

(18 May 2021, 9:25 am)ne14ne1 Will post here as I guess it’s a livery/brand ‘fix’.

I noticed the rear graphics when I was out a few weeks ago. A massive improvement from the awful graphics showing passengers standing.

It's a shame about that colour match on the bottom of the engine door vs the bumper. Stands out like a sore thumb!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

20 May 2021, 12:13 pm #19
(20 May 2021, 11:59 am)Adrian I noticed the rear graphics when I was out a few weeks ago. A massive improvement from the awful graphics showing passengers standing.

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw them as well. Although I didn't mention it this time as I feel like I've mentioned it too many times!

Although while we're on the subject of colour matches, the colour matches for the road stripes aren't the best either, although it's really to be expected since vinyl and paint have different colour fade
streetdeckfan
20 May 2021, 12:13 pm #19

(20 May 2021, 11:59 am)Adrian I noticed the rear graphics when I was out a few weeks ago. A massive improvement from the awful graphics showing passengers standing.

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw them as well. Although I didn't mention it this time as I feel like I've mentioned it too many times!

Although while we're on the subject of colour matches, the colour matches for the road stripes aren't the best either, although it's really to be expected since vinyl and paint have different colour fade

21 May 2021, 4:43 pm #20
Could a skilled individual do a concept for the 74? Using the swoosh like the QuayCity, linking Hexham & Newcastle, plus Matfen, Stamfordham, Callerton and Westerhope on the cant rail above the windows, in white on navy blue. Using a yellow and navy colour scheme.
OrangeArrow49
21 May 2021, 4:43 pm #20

Could a skilled individual do a concept for the 74? Using the swoosh like the QuayCity, linking Hexham & Newcastle, plus Matfen, Stamfordham, Callerton and Westerhope on the cant rail above the windows, in white on navy blue. Using a yellow and navy colour scheme.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average