North East Buses
Next Stop Announcement Systems - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Next Stop Announcement Systems (/showthread.php?tid=3241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Feb 2022, 4:18 pm)Omega54 So will all buses get these new versions? That have NSA

..that have TFT screens, imagine so.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - OrangeArrow49 - 05 Feb 2022

Really impressed with the new format as it's more informative. The 684 doesn't have announcements, if these get amended for the renumber the "Denton Burn - Fox and Hounds" stop could be corrected to "Fenham - Fox and Hounds" and "Newcastle General Hospital" should be "Newcastle CAV Campus". Ideally "Denton Burn Library" should be "Denton Burn Shops".

Next Stop Announcement Systems - streetdeckfan - 05 Feb 2022

A clock! I've been asking for that for years!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Rob44 - 05 Feb 2022

there are clocks on all buses

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - streetdeckfan - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Feb 2022, 5:56 pm)Rob44 there are clocks on all buses
I haven't seen them on buses in years, certainly not new ones, even the ones that had them installed at the front seem to have had them removed.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Rob44 - 05 Feb 2022

phone, wrist, looking out of the window so see where the sun is in the sky.... all tell you the time

TBF your right ... i dont remember seeing any on the undated buses. Came in very usefull fo me whne the " hourly" 1a tried to leave the odeon 3 minutes early while the fun p were at teh shop putting on the lotto. Didnt fancey another hours wait in the rain and wind.

RE: Ne14ne1 - L469 YVK - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Oct 2021, 8:19 pm)streetdeckfan I've never tries SC's but as I've said before Arriva's sound awful. They sound like they just plonked a mic in front of someone in the office at the end of the day and just got them to read it out. She speaks quickly and quietly, meaning it's hard to actually understand what she's saying.

It doesn't help the fact that the screens rarely work, and the volume is often so low you can't even hear it over the engine.

Speaking of NSA displays not working, it looks like the upstairs LED screen on 6310 isn't working!
Much better than Queen Lizzie though!

RE: Ne14ne1 - Adrian - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Oct 2021, 8:19 pm)streetdeckfan I've never tries SC's but as I've said before Arriva's sound awful. They sound like they just plonked a mic in front of someone in the office at the end of the day and just got them to read it out. She speaks quickly and quietly, meaning it's hard to actually understand what she's saying.

Nothing will beat the Alan Robson NSAs that used to be on the Quaylink.

Next Stop Announcement Systems - streetdeckfan - 05 Feb 2022

Who was it they used to have on the angel? I vaguely remember it had something to do with Metro Radio.
That was bloody awful.

I personally prefer having a more neutral sounding announcement because north east accents are cringy af, but also because the accent varies so wildly they might be seen as having a preference for routes that cross accent boundaries

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - omnicity4659 - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Feb 2022, 7:31 pm)streetdeckfan Who was it they used to have on the angel? I vaguely remember it had something to do with Metro Radio.
That was bloody awful.

I personally prefer having a more neutral sounding announcement because north east accents are cringy af, but also because the accent varies so wildly they might be seen as having a preference for routes that cross accent boundaries

Steve and Karen

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Adrian - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Feb 2022, 7:31 pm)streetdeckfan I personally prefer having a more neutral sounding announcement because north east accents are cringy af, but also because the accent varies so wildly they might be seen as having a preference for routes that cross accent boundaries

Next you'll be telling me you prefer the loud buzzer, instead of the classic "Stand clear of the doors please" on the Metro.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - omnicity4659 - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Feb 2022, 5:37 pm)streetdeckfan A clock! I've been asking for that for years!

Go North East have had them on the LED signs since 2015 - appearing at every stop. My TFT screens at Arriva (where adopted in the country) have had them since 2019.

(05 Feb 2022, 6:11 pm)L469 YVK Much better than Queen Lizzie though!
Not really, although there were some mispronunciations, the announcements made by Oxford Voice were a lot better than the ones they have today in terms of clearness.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Ambassador - 05 Feb 2022

(05 Feb 2022, 8:20 pm)Adrian Next you'll be telling me you prefer the loud buzzer, instead of the classic "Stand clear of the doors please" on the Metro.
I’m holding out hope they’ll bring the celebrity geordie announcers back on the Metro, the only one I ever recognised was Mike Neville.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - streetdeckfan - 08 Feb 2022

On vehicles like the X21 B5s that have both the LED and TFT displays upstairs, are they still just using the LED display?

Next Stop Announcement Systems - Dan - 08 Feb 2022

(08 Feb 2022, 8:38 pm)streetdeckfan On vehicles like the X21 B5s that have both the LED and TFT displays upstairs, are they still just using the LED display?

The B5s don’t have TFT monitors - they’re CCTV screens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Ambassador - 09 Feb 2022

Sad these on the X39 yesterday,

My only feedback is the next departures from Metro stations showing (which I’d guess for the X39 is odd as it’s miles way from a station) is the text is very small. I was at the back and struggled to see the screen.

Loved the xx stops to Cobalt messaging and impressed how well it coped with a rather fast driver flying past stops Really positive move though

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Acky81 - 09 Feb 2022

Not impressed with the garbage regarding next northern and metro trains. One I was now where near a metro or rail station and Two it stated the next live departures which was two hours behind. How embarrassing!!! We aren’t London. Passengers just want to here next stops nothing else

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Adrian - 09 Feb 2022

(09 Feb 2022, 1:28 am)Acky81 Not impressed with the garbage regarding next northern and metro trains. One I was now where near a metro or rail station and Two it stated  the next live departures which was two hours behind. How embarrassing!!! We aren’t London. Passengers just want to here next stops nothing else

How do you know? Have you conducted more research than the operator on it? 

If I was heading towards Heworth on a 4, I'd find it quite useful to know when the next train is without having to look up the information on my phone. If I was on an X1 or whatever to Newcastle, I'd find it less useful as I generally know what train I'm on, but I'd appreciate the fact not everyone does.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Train8261 - 09 Feb 2022

(09 Feb 2022, 9:27 am)Adrian How do you know? Have you conducted more research than the operator on it? 

If I was heading towards Heworth on a 4, I'd find it quite useful to know when the next train is without having to look up the information on my phone. If I was on an X1 or whatever to Newcastle, I'd find it less useful as I generally know what train I'm on, but I'd appreciate the fact not everyone does.
I've seen them. Very nice. Just glad they actually display the times as I knew some buses when reaching Metrocentre or Central didn't display the train times

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - OrangeArrow49 - 09 Feb 2022

Now that I have seen these for real, on the 310 yesterday, I am even more impressed. Hopefully these will be implemented on the 684 soon.

Next stop announcements would be useful on the 11, 19, 41/41A and 42/42A.