North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - LeeCalder - 02 Aug 2022

(02 Aug 2022, 3:50 pm)Unber43 Seems to be above 200 partly/full cancelled buses tomorrow, with mutliple (2 or more) in a row cancelled on 4, 20, X20

Consecutive journeys on the 4 and 20 have been covered.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - idiot - 03 Aug 2022

Well my bus was 5 mins late so happy I will still be on time for work and £2 flat fare. Would rather it was a quid but hey ho...

On another note 5436 is bloody awful with rattles.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Charles41 - 03 Aug 2022

Interestingly there was a Stanley Travel decker working the X1 tonight. Think it might have been S3 STX.

GNE seem to be in complete disarray at the moment.

Charles

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Aaron21 - 03 Aug 2022

(03 Aug 2022, 6:45 pm)Charles41 Interestingly there was a Stanley Travel decker working the X1 tonight. Think it might have been S3 STX.

Charles
Don't worry. Next lot of changes coming up will free some drivers so the X1 won't be cancelled anymore (this is sarcasm)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 03 Aug 2022

(03 Aug 2022, 6:45 pm)Charles41 Interestingly there was a Stanley Travel decker working the X1 tonight. Think it might have been S3 STX.

Charles

To be fair, GNE have been sub-contracting some work out for ages now, to try and lessen the impact.

It's one of few things I'd give them credit for during all this disruption, as let's be honest, there's nothing forcing them to do it.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 03 Aug 2022

Mod note: To stop the same stream of discussion across three different threads, discussion around the Go North East: Minor Service Changes August 2022 has been split from this thread. You can find that discussion in it's new thread by clicking here.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Michael - 07 Aug 2022

Just seen this on the Stagecoach Cumbria Twitter:

#Carlisle  due  to staff failure  the 2007,2107.2207.and 2307 morton royal scot  and 2038,2138,2238 and 2338 harraby east 61 services will not run sorry

https://twitter.com/StagecoachCNL/status/1556211271820886018

Staff failure?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - citaro5284 - 07 Aug 2022

Metro are having a bit of a mare today as well by the looks of it.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/metro/updates?open=t_disruptions

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Andreos1 - 07 Aug 2022

After the shambles of a Saturday day out back in January, the folks tried again yesterday. 

They felt reassured that the driver shortage was not impacting on services. 
2 1/2 hours to get to Newcastle.

Some of that involved waiting for an X1 at The Galleries. They gave up waiting and decided to get on a 4 (bearing in mind they had got off one earlier and stood for quite a while), before heading to Newcastle via Heworth and the metro. 

Coming back was pretty naff too. 'waited, waited and waited' was the line used to describe the wait.

I don't think they're in any particular rush to try again.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 07 Aug 2022

Angel 21: 

The following full journeys will not operate 

From Newcastle: 10:53, 12:33, 18:02, 19:36.  
From Chester-le-Street to Newcastle:  10:49, 11:39, 18:50.
The following journeys will only run as far as Chester Le Street

From Newcastle: 12:43.
From Brandon: 09:07, 16:11.  
The following journeys will start at Chester Le Street

From Newcastle: 11:43.
From Brandon: 14:07.

Do you think GNE are being 100% honest here, or will there be more cancellations which never get put on the list?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 07 Aug 2022

(07 Aug 2022, 7:42 pm)Unber43 Angel 21: 

Do you think GNE are being 100% honest here?

Yes.

Those are the journeys that, as of 2048 this evening, will probably not run for one reason or another. Why would they be anything less than 100% honest at this stage?

(07 Aug 2022, 7:48 pm)MurdnunoC Yes.

Those are the journeys that, as of 2048 this evening, will probably not run for one reason or another. Why would they be anything less than 100% honest at this stage?
I meant do you think only these journeys don't run, or will the "larger gaps in the service 21" come out

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - citaro5284 - 07 Aug 2022

(07 Aug 2022, 7:50 pm)Unber43 I meant do you think only these journeys don't run, or will the "larger gaps in the service 21" come out

But you could have large gaps created tomorrow when service is out which are not created by a driver shortage.

(07 Aug 2022, 7:50 pm)Unber43 I meant do you think only these journeys don't run, or will the "larger gaps in the service 21" come out

Why ask "Do you think GNE are being 100% honest here?" if you meant something else? 

This gimmick of sensationalising gaps in the service is growing a bit stale. Yes, there might be disruption to the service, and, yes, it is unacceptable if you're a regular user of the service. But, honestly, do you expect anything but disruption nowadays? It all gets a bit repetitive and there's only so many times you can say "Oh no, that's shocking. What cowboys!!!" before it gets boring.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 07 Aug 2022

(07 Aug 2022, 7:42 pm)Unber43 Angel 21: 

Do you think GNE are being 100% honest here, or will there be more cancellations which never get put on the list?

When they're going to the effort of listing (sometimes hundreds) of cancelled journeys in advance every day, arguably tarnishing their reputation in the process, why do you think they'd start bullshitting people over a couple of extra 21 that may be missing?!

We already know that the list isn't updated frequently enough, either to add or remove journeys, but I really don't think that is dishonesty. More not having the capacity to do it.

(07 Aug 2022, 8:00 pm)Adrian When they're going to the effort of listing (sometimes hundreds) of cancelled journeys in advance every day, arguably tarnishing their reputation in the process, why do you think they'd start bullshitting people over a couple of extra 21 that may be missing?!

We already know that the list isn't updated frequently enough, either to add or remove journeys, but I really don't think that is dishonesty. More not having the capacity to do it.
They update it at 9am, well normally anyway surely by them they would know the full list and be able to add more.

(07 Aug 2022, 8:02 pm)Unber43 They update it at 9am, well normally anyway surely by them they would know the full list and be able to add more.

Stop being boring, move on with your life

(07 Aug 2022, 7:59 pm)MurdnunoC Why ask "Do you think GNE are being 100% honest here?" if you meant something else? 

This gimmick of sensationalising gaps in the service is growing a bit stale. Yes, there might be disruption to the service, and, yes, it is unacceptable if you're a regular user of the service. But, honestly, do you expect anything but disruption nowadays? It all gets a bit repetitive and there's only so many times you can say "Oh no, that's shocking. What cowboys!!!" before it gets boring.
Yeah tbh I am sick of mentioning, there are 2 hour waits all over the place now. which is why I have stopped mentioning it, which is why I only mentioned recently I believe was after the changes as there should have been plenty of drivers. And when there was a 7 50's missing in a row.

If its growing a bit stale to us to see 2 hour waits I wonder how people who regularly use the X1,4,50 how they must feel

(07 Aug 2022, 8:06 pm)Unber43 Yeah tbh I am sick of mentioning, there are 2 hour waits all over the place now. which is why I have stopped mentioning it, which is why I only mentioned recently I believe was after the changes as there should have been plenty of drivers. And when there was a 7 50's missing in a row.

If its growing a bit stale to us to see 2 hour waits I wonder how people who regularly use the X1,4,50 how they must feel

So the best way of not mentioning it is to mention it again?

To reiterate, stop being boring, move on with your life.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Clifton Hignett III - 07 Aug 2022

(07 Aug 2022, 8:08 pm)MurdnunoC So the best way of not mentioning it is to mention it again?

To reiterate, stop being boring, move on with your life.

Whilst I may live under the strict and, possibly over zealous regime of North Korea, their sphere of influence does not extend to this forum.

Unber43 has the right to post what he wants, no matter how ridiculous or boring it may be.

Jog on