North East Buses
Disruptions and driver shortages - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Operations, Management & Infrastructure (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disruptions and driver shortages (/showthread.php?tid=3532)

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 30 Sep 2022

(29 Sep 2022, 9:58 pm)Storx That's not the point though, there's other areas with services all over the place and there's duplicate services running.

Both Stockton and Riverside are having cancellations.

I'm sure the residents in Blaydon appreciate the hourly bus service at rush hour tomorrow on the 12 while there's 6 buses an hour running between Durham and Bishop Auckland (if Arriva haven't cancelled half their services) especially when that service used to be 4 buses an hour not too long ago.

It's all good operating buses in other operating areas but they should look after their own customers first. The people in Blaydon / Winlaton have no alternative, those going to Bishop Auckland have 4 buses an hour with a change.

With that logic, you might as well just scrap the X21 all together, since what's left of it would just duplicate the 21.

While you're at it, might as well scrap the 49A between Metrocentre and Gateshead since it just duplicates the 49. It's unfair for people in Dunston to have 4 buses an hour! Oh, then there's the 10s, everyone can just change at Crawcrook since they all duplicate each other to Newcastle.

It would make more sense for passengers for Arriva to pull the Durham-West Auckland 6, and have GNE run a half hourly to West Auckland, and Arriva run a half hourly to Cockfield, with mutual ticket acceptance.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 30 Sep 2022

(30 Sep 2022, 3:21 am)streetdeckfan With that logic, you might as well just scrap the X21 all together, since what's left of it would just duplicate the 21.

While you're at it, might as well scrap the 49A between Metrocentre and Gateshead since it just duplicates the 49. It's unfair for people in Dunston to have 4 buses an hour! Oh, then there's the 10s, everyone can just change at Crawcrook since they all duplicate each other to Newcastle.

It would make more sense for passengers for Arriva to pull the Durham-West Auckland 6, and have GNE run a half hourly to West Auckland, and Arriva run a half hourly to Cockfield, with mutual ticket acceptance.

It's not really the same as the 49/10 though.

Mind don't disagree with the second bit actually think I'll change it all around so it's now:

21: Scrapped South of CLS
X12: Still Running
X21: Still Running
6: Like you said

Would make more sense curtailing the short services rather than the long thinking about it. People going to the Arnison can change onto the 50 and the 6 or so stops not served on the X12 can change at CLS. It also helps getting the core section of the Angel running.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 30 Sep 2022

(30 Sep 2022, 3:21 am)streetdeckfan With that logic, you might as well just scrap the X21 all together, since what's left of it would just duplicate the 21.

Might aswell scrap the 20A and just have it run from Houghton to West Rainton.

And the 35 between Barnes Park and East Herrington. 

And you might aswell just only run the 47 between Blackhall MIll and Rowlands Gill.

Then you might aswell curb all the buses at Metro and just have the X45 extended to Newcastle.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 30 Sep 2022

(30 Sep 2022, 7:49 am)Unber43 Might aswell scrap the 20A and just have it run from Houghton to West Rainton.

And the 35 between Barnes Park and East Herrington. 

And you might aswell just only run the 47 between Blackhall MIll and Rowlands Gill.

Then you might aswell curb all the buses at Metro and just have the X45 extended to Newcastle.

Must've missed the bit where Arriva and Stagecoach are the principal operator in all those areas.

The ironic thing is a half hourly shuttle bus on the 10B with guaranteed connections with one of the 10's at Prudhoe with the 10A still running every 30 minutes would be better service anyway imo. Hourly bus services are a waste of time.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 30 Sep 2022

(30 Sep 2022, 7:54 am)Storx Must've missed the bit where Arriva and Stagecoach are the principal operator in all those areas.
Clearly they aren't doing a good job, by all accounts the 21 extension to Brandon, X21 to West Auckland are doing great numbers.

I assume as Dan mentioned that they had talks with Bowburn Amazon (i think) not sure how far they went tho, that any bus taken down their would do well.

The thing is with Arriva you have to change in Durham for pretty much anything, and if youre in Brandon you can get a bus straight to newcastle.

Maybe with Bowburn that GNE could possibly sent an hourly, 21, 20, 16, 50 down their. Not sure how great it would do as every 58 I see is dead (outside of peak) I saw a X58 at Gateshead and it had about 10 people on

And for all some of you might not agree, was it the USB's, Tables, Leather Seats quiet bus that may have took passengers off 49/49A ofcourse it was. A lot of them get off in Durham too

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 01 Oct 2022

What a disgrace Newcastle/Metrocentre have been today.

Trying to go from Metrocentre to newcastle was a joke, a 47 left Full, Standing with loads waiting, then proceeded 2 47's, one NIS, the other rammed, then 2 X45's one refused to let anyone on, the other was rammed. 

There were 3 47's within 20 mins delays were awful, then trying to get on the 56, we were 40 mins late, rammed full of awful teenagers screaming (I can't wait for the metro to run again). 

X1/56 has been ridiculously late, so has the X21, 60, 20. 

Poor 65's had two breakdowns within an hour of each other. 

I mean look at GNE Twitter is a disgrace something needs to be done by the horrendous reliability problem of the X30/31/45/X21/20/60/65 all need sorting out. Hell when 60's and X1's go NIS they don't even put them on Twitter.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - nova347 - 01 Oct 2022

(01 Oct 2022, 8:21 pm)Unber43 What a disgrace Newcastle/Metrocentre have been today.

Trying to go from Metrocentre to newcastle was a joke, a 47 left Full, Standing with loads waiting, then proceeded 2 47's, one NIS, the other rammed, then 2 X45's one refused to let anyone on, the other was rammed. 

There were 3 47's within 20 mins delays were awful, then trying to get on the 56, we were 40 mins late, rammed full of awful teenagers screaming (I can't wait for the metro to run again). 

I mean look at GNE Twitter is a disgrace something needs to be done by the horrendous reliability problem of the X30/31/45/X21/20/60/65 all need sorting out. Hell when 60's and X1's go NIS they don't even put them on Twitter.
Not to mention the delays on the 27 and other East Gateshead services.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 02 Oct 2022

(01 Oct 2022, 8:21 pm)Unber43 What a disgrace Newcastle/Metrocentre have been today.

What do you honestly expect with the Sunderland services when there's 42k supporters who usually fill 3 Metro's heading towards Newcastle attempting to use buses or driving instead adding delays everywhere. Not to mention people between Hexham / Durham / Metro Centre and Newcastle aswell which are all extremely popular train routes (believe it or not, not everyone prefers buses - infact most people don't).

Also obviously you didn't check the GNE Twitter too well as there was an unplanned march by the train drivers which messed everything up at Central yesterday which didn't help.

Ridiculous post.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 6:06 am)Storx What do you honestly expect with the Sunderland services when there's 42k supporters who usually fill 3 Metro's heading towards Newcastle attempting to use buses or driving instead adding delays everywhere. Not to mention people between Hexham / Durham / Metro Centre and Newcastle aswell which are all extremely popular train routes (believe it or not, not everyone prefers buses - infact most people don't).

Also obviously you didn't check the GNE Twitter too well as there was an unplanned march by the train drivers which messed everything up at Central yesterday which didn't help.

Ridiculous post.
Right, but you're missing the 3x 47's, and the 2x X45's and that happened during the planned march, there is no way they could have got to Consett and Back while it was on. 

And tbf the 10s were running relatively ontime and they weren't that busy actually. 

I mean I get the 56 delays, 9/24/5 will always suffer on match days, the 24 (old 20) always has.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Storx - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 8:35 am)Unber43 Right, but you're missing the 3x 47's, and the 2x X45's and that happened during the planned march, there is no way they could have got to Consett and Back while it was on. 

And tbf the 10s were running relatively ontime and they weren't that busy actually. 

I mean I get the 56 delays, 9/24/5 will always suffer on match days, the 24 (old 20) always has.

Metro Centre I could imagine for the 47's, guessing people have chose them for whatever reason. The trains are usually quite busy heading along there. Not to mention the knock on effects of everyone driving everywhere, the roads were awfully busy for a Saturday yesterday

I believe there were some cancellations that way aswell which won't help.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - DeltaMan - 02 Oct 2022

The bus I was on took nearly 25 minutes between passing Metrocentre Holiday Inn and passing Riverside depot. It was "Christmas" levels of traffic...at the end of September.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Adrian - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 6:06 am)Storx What do you honestly expect with the Sunderland services when there's 42k supporters who usually fill 3 Metro's heading towards Newcastle attempting to use buses or driving instead adding delays everywhere. Not to mention people between Hexham / Durham / Metro Centre and Newcastle aswell which are all extremely popular train routes (believe it or not, not everyone prefers buses - infact most people don't).

Ridiculous post.

You mean this tweet, which is likely the most vague they've ever put out? https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1576201796833402881

"due to traffic congestion/protest march/football traffic" - the football traffic was in Sunderland and the 'protest march' was in Newcastle!

It wasn't a march by train drivers, as you suggest, and most services had gone to pot for the day long before the (planned) demo at Grey Street had started. The march following it was unplanned, but it was through Grainger Street in about 5 minutes. Perhaps an easy excuse for the social media team on the day though?

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - BusLoverMum - 02 Oct 2022

It's not like marches and protests are an unusual feature of Saturdays in Newcastle, particularly now the students have returned.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - Unber43 - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 12:02 pm)Adrian You mean this tweet, which is likely the most vague they've ever put out? https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1576201796833402881

"due to traffic congestion/protest march/football traffic" - the football traffic was in Sunderland and the 'protest march' was in Newcastle!

It wasn't a march by train drivers, as you suggest, and most services had gone to pot for the day long before the (planned) demo at Grey Street had started. The march following it was unplanned, but it was through Grainger Street in about 5 minutes. Perhaps an easy excuse for the social media team on the day though?
Its the same when they put out 

we are experiencing high passenger levels and traffic congestion our services are experiencing delays upto 45 mins

I mean thats great, but where, will my service be affected? Will Services be cancelled? Are they turning at Gateshead (unannounced a lot do). 

Saturday was just a catastrophe as you say before the football match in Sunderland and the Protest in newcastle. Both were planned. 

Its again bad planning.

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - MurdnunoC - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 1:10 pm)Unber43 Its the same when they put out 

we are experiencing high passenger levels and traffic congestion our services are experiencing delays upto 45 mins

I mean thats great, but where, will my service be affected? Will Services be cancelled? Are they turning at Gateshead (unannounced a lot do). 

Saturday was just a catastrophe as you say before the football match in Sunderland and the Protest in newcastle. Both were planned. 

Its again bad planning.

I wish you'd hurry up and take those driving lessoms you threatened to do a while back

What a shambles!!!

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 2:49 pm)MurdnunoC I wish you'd hurry up and take those driving lessoms you threatened to do a while back

What a shambles!!!

I've been trying to book in driving lessons for a while now and there's literally zero availability. A friend who is already taking lessons is even struggling to get slots with her instructor!

(02 Oct 2022, 3:14 pm)streetdeckfan I've been trying to book in driving lessons for a while now and there's literally zero availability. A friend who is already taking lessons is even struggling to get slots with her instructor!

Give me £20 an hour and I'll teach ya.

Disruptions and driver shortages - Dan - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 3:20 pm)MurdnunoC Give me £20 an hour and I'll teach ya.

You’re not a trusted source, sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02 Oct 2022, 3:41 pm)Dan You’re not a trusted source, sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-LOL

RE: Disruptions and driver shortages - streetdeckfan - 02 Oct 2022

(02 Oct 2022, 3:20 pm)MurdnunoC Give me £20 an hour and I'll teach ya.

Only if I can keep bringing up how canny Liz Truss is, and how she actually has a plan...