North East Buses
Wrestling - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Wrestling (/showthread.php?tid=569)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

RE: Wrestling - MrFozz - 13 Jan 2015

(13 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm)MurdnunoC He was always going to get in eventually. Before his death, he was in talks about coming back in some capacity - he even appeared in a commercial promoting the video game 'WWE All Stars'. As for why he's being inducted now, well, the WWE HOF has promoted either themes or tailored the event around a particular star in recent years. Last year, the Ultimate Warrior was the big star; this year it's Savage. No point in putting them both together when there's money to be made by highlighting both in separate events?

Although I get why he's being inducted by Hulk Hogan, I'd rather see him inducted by his brother (and former WWE Superstar', 'The Genius' Lanny Poffo. 

I see where what you mean about who inducts him, would be nice to see his family be there to do it, but letting Hogan do it, I guess it is the appeal of Hogan is why he is inducting Macho Man...

Quick Question mate...

Did you ever believe the rumour that Savage was plowing when she was a teenager???

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 13 Jan 2015

(13 Jan 2015, 2:32 pm)MrFozz Did you ever believe the rumour that Savage was plowing when she was a teenager???

As you know, the term 'teenager' applies to any age from thirteen and nineteen. The age of consent differs from state to state in the US - in some states it's 14, in others it's 18. If Savage was porking Steph then it may have been legal, or illegal, depending on where deed was done.

Savage was released by the WWE in November 1994 after both parties failed to agree on a new contract. Steph was born on the 26th September 1976 which made her 18 at the time of the Macho Man's departure. With wrestling being wrestling, I'm guessing that any relationship between the two would have been common knowledge. For the relationship to fall any within legally murky territory, the relationship would have had to been going on for at least a year. If it had of went on for this long (or even longer), it's highly probable that Vince would have known. If the relationship (presuming it happened) caused Vince any concern, he would have taken steps to end it sooner rather than later. When all of this is taken into account, it seems highly unlikely that Vince would have continued to employ Savage until his contract ran out.

So, no I don't believe that Savage was doing Steph behind Vince's back leading to a hostile relationship between the two. 

However, Savage was instrumental in convincing Hall, Nash and a few others to jump from WWF to WCW. This is the most likely source of any bad blood.

RE: Wrestling - MrFozz - 13 Jan 2015

(13 Jan 2015, 5:04 pm)MurdnunoC As you know, the term 'teenager' applies to any age from thirteen and nineteen. The age of consent differs from state to state in the US - in some states it's 14, in others it's 18. If Savage was porking Steph then it may have been legal, or illegal, depending on where deed was done.

Savage was released by the WWE in November 1994 after both parties failed to agree on a new contract. Steph was born on the 26th September 1976 which made her 18 at the time of the Macho Man's departure. With wrestling being wrestling, I'm guessing that any relationship between the two would have been common knowledge. For the relationship to fall any within legally murky territory, the relationship would have had to been going on for at least a year. If it had of went on for this long (or even longer), it's highly probable that Vince would have known. If the relationship (presuming it happened) caused Vince any concern, he would have taken steps to end it sooner rather than later. When all of this is taken into account, it seems highly unlikely that Vince would have continued to employ Savage until his contract ran out.

So, no I don't believe that Savage was doing Steph behind Vince's back leading to a hostile relationship between the two. 

However, Savage was instrumental in convincing Hall, Nash and a few others to jump from WWF to WCW. This is the most likely source of any bad blood.

It was always one of those rumours that could have had some truth to it, I imagine the wrestling scene could be quite seedy at times, but I could not imagine Vince letting it slide if he knew Macho Man was slipping Steph a length, as you say Steph was 18 at the time of his departure and correct me if I am wrong Macho Man would have been north of 40, on the whole relationship between management and wrestlers, I remember hearing Steph say Vince was not happy with her and Trips getting together and actively discouraged it and drove them apart for a while, so I would not expect him to be anything less than fuming and stotting mad if she was involved in any way with M.M...

One of those rumours that will probably never go away, quite an amusing rumour imo though...

If it were the case, Vince could have probably put Randy S through a world of pain in revenge if he so wanted

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 13 Jan 2015

Vince addressing the Macho Man contract situation back in 1994.

RE: Wrestling - Malarkey - 20 Jan 2015

RAW was well worth stopping up for Last Night, with it being the Reunion of WWE Hall of Famers and the go home show before Royal Rumble on Sunday I honestly thought it would shit and overly predictable as they usually are, there were some great surprises too particularly in the Main Event Segment, not going to give any spoilers away for those who havent watched it yet so for now my lips are sealed.

RE: Wrestling - MrFozz - 20 Jan 2015

(20 Jan 2015, 1:48 pm)Malarkey RAW was well worth stopping up for Last Night, with it being the Reunion of WWE Hall of Famers and the go home show before Royal Rumble on Sunday I honestly thought it would shit and overly predictable as they usually are, there were some great surprises too particularly in the Main Event Segment, not going to give any spoilers away for those who havent watched it yet so for now my lips are sealed.
Going to my pals to watch the Rumble on Monday, I cant pull all nighters anymore, gettong too old lol...havent watched Raw lately, so got a bit catching up to do.

I am looking forward to going to see the wrestling at The Metty Dome in April...

Hoping to go see a live show next year sometine

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 20 Jan 2015

(20 Jan 2015, 1:51 pm)MrFozz Going to my pals to watch the Rumble on Monday, I cant pull all nighters anymore, gettong too old lol...havent watched Raw lately, so got a bit catching up to do.

I am looking forward to going to see the wrestling at The Metty Dome in April...

Hoping to go see a live show next year sometine

You need to go and see a local show sometime. See how UK-based wrestlers perform. It won't be as glamorous or as polished as the WWE product, but an independent wrestling show can be just as fun.

(20 Jan 2015, 2:10 pm)MurdnunoC You need to go and see a local show sometime. See how UK-based wrestlers perform. It won't be as glamorous or as polished as the WWE product, but an independent wrestling show can be just as fun.
Something I keep meaning to get round to Adam...

To be honest, because of WWEs exposure it has put me off watching UK wrestling...

I do believe there is a british wrestling recap show on the made in t&w channel on sky on saturdays or sundays, which I will put on series link Big Grin

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 20 Jan 2015

(20 Jan 2015, 3:22 pm)MrFozz Something I keep meaning to get round to Adam...

To be honest, because of WWEs exposure it has put me off watching UK wrestling...

I do believe there is a british wrestling recap show on the made in t&w channel on sky on saturdays or sundays, which I will put on series link Big Grin

Yeah, there is a British wrestling recap show on Made in Tyne & Wear. I don't know what's recapped as I don't have the channel, but, generally speaking, independents don't come across well on television because of the huge contrast between the production values of each product. 

However, even if you don't enjoy the recap shows, don't let it put you off independent promotions. Obviously, the quality varies between promotions, but the live experience of say, an ICW show, is just as good as any other wrestling experience.

Is there much of a scene locally...

I remember a local promotion, North East Wrestling Society going round places like Peterlee and Seaham, they were even gonna come to Murton sometime, then they vanished...least I think they did...

I would love to set up a small business promoting things like small wrestling shows, but my product would be somewhere between backyard wrestling and the toilet lol

Wrestling - MrFozz - 21 Jan 2015

Has anyone signed up to WWE Network yet...

Not bad for only £9.99

As it is no commitment, I will only pay when I fancy watching a PPV...

RE: Wrestling - Malarkey - 24 Jan 2015

Best RKO Vine I have seen out of all the ones I have watched, question is how do you top that though.
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=763483340395424&fref=nf

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 25 Jan 2015

Justin Gabriel (Paul Lloyd) has reportedly quit WWE and is trending on twitter.

Born in South Africa and trained in England, Gabriel debuted on the main roster as part of the Nexus angle back in 2010.

He was pretty decent in the ring and certainly had 'the look' WWE likes. However, after the Nexus (and subsequently The Corre) had fizzled out, it was obvious that WWE creative had nothing for him. He lingered in the undercard and formed a tag-team with Tyson Kidd named 'International Airstrike' which, despite being popular with the 'WWE Universe', achieved little of note. More recently, he was used in NXT in a gatekeeper role in which up and coming talent faced to prove their worth.

I imagine he'll end up in either Lucha Underground or New Japan while sporadically doing a tour of the indies both in Europe and North America. If he's smart, he'll probably do quite well.

RE: Wrestling - Malarkey - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 9:58 am)MurdnunoC Justin Gabriel (Paul Lloyd) has reportedly quit WWE and is trending on twitter.

Born in South Africa and trained in England, Gabriel debuted on the main roster as part of the Nexus angle back in 2010.

He was pretty decent in the ring and certainly had 'the look' WWE likes. However, after the Nexus (and subsequently The Corre) had fizzled out, it was obvious that WWE creative had nothing for him. He lingered in the undercard and formed a tag-team with Tyson Kidd named 'International Airstrike' which, despite being popular with the 'WWE Universe', achieved little of note. More recently, he was used in NXT in a gatekeeper role in which up and coming talent faced to prove their worth.

I imagine he'll end up in either Lucha Underground or New Japan while sporadically doing a tour of the indies both in Europe and North America. If he's smart, he'll probably do quite well.
Could see him going to Ring of Honour or if he is stupid TNA and joining the X-Division, elsewhere just been reading The Rock is in Philli and may make an appearance at the Royal Rumble tonight, apparently told a fan to "wait and see". 

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 25 Jan 2015

(25 Jan 2015, 2:45 pm)Malarkey Could see him going to Ring of Honour or if he is stupid TNA and joining the X-Division, elsewhere just been reading The Rock is in Philli and may make an appearance at the Royal Rumble tonight, apparently told a fan to "wait and see". 

Could TNA even afford him? They've recently signed Angle, Anderson and Jeff Hardy (as well as a few others) to new deals. I imagine those three alone will have taken a sizeable chunk out of their current budget. I mean, this is the company who wouldn't pay AJ Styles - arguably their most recognisable 'home grown' talent - what he thought he was worth and let him walk. Ditto Christopher Daniels. I know if I were a wrestler, I wouldn't touch TNA with a barge pole unless I had complete control over my independent bookings. 

He might end up in ROH at some point. The former 'Bertie del Rio debuted on ROH TV last week. So much for that one-year, US no-compete clause eh?

Wrestling - MrFozz - 26 Jan 2015

I am assuming people will have seen or heard The Rumble by now...

I have not watched WWE properly for a few weeks now...

Is Bubba Ray Dudley back for good? was DDPs appearance just a cameo, I know he makes cameos every now and again...

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 26 Jan 2015

(26 Jan 2015, 2:40 pm)MrFozz I am assuming people will have seen or heard The Rumble by now...

I have not watched WWE properly for a few weeks now...

Is Bubba Ray Dudley back for good? was DDPs appearance just a cameo, I know he makes cameos every now and again...

Don't know whether he's back for good, but, with The Ascension's gimmick of belittling old tag-teams, I suspect Bubba will be appearing alongside D-Von sometime soon.

I actually prefer Bubba as Bully Ray in TNA. Easily the best work of his career. 

RE: Wrestling - MrFozz - 26 Jan 2015

(26 Jan 2015, 5:32 pm)MurdnunoC Don't know whether he's back for good, but, with The Ascension's gimmick of belittling old tag-teams, I suspect Bubba will be appearing alongside D-Von sometime soon.

I actually prefer Bubba as Bully Ray in TNA. Easily the best work of his career. 

I used to love The Dudleys back in the day, would love to see them back together in WWE again...

So what is your opinion of the direction going towards 'Mania, d'ya think Sting will be involved, I dunno a match against Trips perhaps and do you think The Rock will be there in Reigns' corner...

From reviews I have read, it went down like a wet fart, seems nobody was happy with Daniel Bryan being eliminated when he was and apparantly the WWE Network cancel subscription webpage went into meltdown with people trying to cancel there account

RE: Wrestling - MurdnunoC - 26 Jan 2015

WWE has been absolutely shite in recent months.

I've got no real interest in watching Sting wrestle Triple H. There's been no attempt made to explain the why Sting has a problem with 'Haich or The Authority - why should I care?

Roman Reigns should've been the hottest thing going into the Rumble. Fair enough, his injury may have derailed some of the plans WWE had for him. However, since his return, WWE have seemingly stripped him of any aura he once had and exposed his weaknesses in the process. He's quickly becoming just another guy. Putting him with The Rock only emphasises this - he should've been able to win the people over without the help of a relative.

Dudley's were alright, but their act was stale by 2005 when they left for pastures new.

RE: Wrestling - MrFozz - 26 Jan 2015

(26 Jan 2015, 8:33 pm)MurdnunoC WWE has been absolutely shite in recent months.

I've got no real interest in watching Sting wrestle Triple H. There's been no attempt made to explain the why Sting has a problem with 'Haich or The Authority - why should I care?

Roman Reigns should've been the hottest thing going into the Rumble. Fair enough, his injury may have derailed some of the plans WWE had for him. However, since his return, WWE have seemingly stripped him of any aura he once had and exposed his weaknesses in the process. He's quickly becoming just another guy. Putting him with The Rock only emphasises this - he should've been able to win the people over without the help of a relative.

Dudley's were alright, but their act was stale by 2005 when they left for pastures new.

Dont think it appeals to me either, I personally think Sting in WWE is about 10-15 years too late, and then I would have preferred to see him fight The Undertaker.

As for recent events, I was not amused with Lesnar getting the Belt and turning it into something of a mickey mouse strap, I mean what is the point of having a world championship if the champ is hardly around, and Lesnar is boring, his matches are the same, a few suplex's, a couple of keylocks a bit of a beatdown, then F5 thats my opinion on him...

I am gonna try put your advice into practice and keep a look out for other promotions sometime Big Grin