North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 16 Sep 2015

Could it be said the Soviet-Afghan War and Iran-Iraq War in the 80's be a factor in where we now found ourselves...

How true is it that the CIA were heavily arming Mujahid Fighters, I know Hollywood can twist things till it is unrecognisable, but that was what was put across in the film Charlie Wilsons war and people have hinted, that the outcome of the Soviet-Afghan war directly led to the rise of the Taliban, al-Qaeda and 9/11...

While talking about Iran-Iraq, was that the conflict that nearly finished Reagen after it was discovered he was arming Iran to fund a seperate insurgency somewhere

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 17 Sep 2015

(16 Sep 2015, 7:24 pm)aureolin I don't believe it is. Most countries in the agreement would actually stand to lose from a lot more if they were booted out of the EU. The only way it'd be under threat is if a powerhouse like Germany put up controls, but they're in fact doing the opposite.

The heavy handed approach by Hungary is frankly shocking in my opinion, in what is supposed to be a modern world.

Germany put controls up over the weekend.
I think Austria have done it too.

I think they can only do it on a temp basis.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 19 Sep 2015

Bet there will be some sore heads and lots of dancing on the streets of Tokyo tonight [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: Anything and Everything - DanPicken - 19 Sep 2015

Noticed we're on 999 threads so I think the thousandth should be one revealing the new mod.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 19 Sep 2015

(19 Sep 2015, 6:34 pm)DanPicken Noticed we're on 999 threads so I think the thousandth should be one revealing the new mod.
Problem there is it would go out of the window if someone creates another thread before the announcement for the new forum mod is ready to be made and we don't really know how close the decision of who to make the new mod is yet.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 19 Sep 2015

(19 Sep 2015, 6:34 pm)DanPicken Noticed we're on 999 threads so I think the thousandth should be one revealing the new mod.
Would be a good touch, but Jimmi is right...

Now it has been mentioned, some awkward sod I wouldn't be surprised if someone created the 1000th just to stop Dan Picks idea happening Big Grin
(19 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm)Jimmi Problem there is it would go out of the window if someone creates another thread before the announcement for the new forum mod is ready to be made and we don't really know how close the decision of who to make the new mod is yet.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 21 Sep 2015

Today's top poster: Michael (31 posts)... oh dear

RE: Anything and Everything - DanPicken - 21 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 7:44 pm)Michael Today's top poster: Michael (31 posts)... oh dear

And 31 of them are questions. Tongue

(21 Sep 2015, 7:46 pm)DanPicken And 31 of them are questions. Tongue

Wink

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 21 Sep 2015

(19 Sep 2015, 8:57 pm)MrFozz Would be a good touch, but Jimmi is right...

Now it has been mentioned, some awkward sod I wouldn't be surprised if someone created the 1000th just to stop Dan Picks idea happening Big Grin

Of course I'm right

Sure enough that idea has now totally gone out of the window.

Yup....-.-

RE: Anything and Everything - DanPicken - 21 Sep 2015

(21 Sep 2015, 8:06 pm)Michael Yup....-.-

Not surprised who did it though.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 22 Sep 2015

Start uni today, i hope you are going to wish me luck... not with uni... with the metro! 2 days a week i'll be using the metro!

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 22 Sep 2015

(22 Sep 2015, 5:57 am)Michael Start uni today, i hope you are going to wish me luck... not with uni... with the metro! 2 days a week i'll be using the metro!
Good luck using the Metro...You are a brave soul

(22 Sep 2015, 9:00 am)MrFozz Good luck using the Metro...You are a brave soul

Wasn't bad, both were on time!

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 22 Sep 2015

(22 Sep 2015, 3:12 pm)Michael Wasn't bad, both were on time!
The term 'famous last words' come to mind...

You have doomed yourself now to a lifetime of late metros or trains that just don't turn up Big Grin

(22 Sep 2015, 3:14 pm)MrFozz The term 'famous last words' come to mind...

You have doomed yourself now to a lifetime of late metros or trains that just don't turn up Big Grin

I get the earlier one just incase!

Also, there's 43 people in my class....

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 22 Sep 2015

(22 Sep 2015, 3:18 pm)Michael I get the earlier one just incase!

Also, there's 43 people in my class....

I used to get the 8:42-ish from Felling for a 9am lecture. Packed like sardines, nose to armpit, it was.

If I had to do that journey again (shudder) I'd have to get an earlier one if only because I can't walk anything like so fast up past the Herschel building, any more.

(22 Sep 2015, 3:31 pm)BusLoverMum I used to get the 8:42-ish from Felling for a 9am lecture. Packed like sardines, nose to armpit, it was.

If I had to do that journey again (shudder) I'd have to get an earlier one if only because I can't walk anything like so fast up past the Herschel building, any more.

I get the 8:35am metro from Sunderland or Northern, gets me to Newcastle Central for 9:05amish - 10 minute walk to the college - so its not bad at all.

Sunderland are fucking shit, only know because my dad came up and told me haha