You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.

Skip to main content

Marxista Fozzski
RE: Anything and Everything
(16 Sep 2015, 5:52 pm)aureolin wrote Stop right there my friend. It's a global [b]refugee crisis.[/b]

The use of the word 'migrant', often spun out from Murdoch rags, is a disgrace in my opinion. Refugee is defined as "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.". If anyone doesn't think it's forced, then I'd love for them to explain why.

Thats me put in my place I apologise for the words I use, the last thing I want is to upset or offend people

Nah, seriously, it is that nearly every news provider is giving it 'Migrant this, Migrant...

As for your last sentence, I would also like to see it being explained why the current has not been forced on them...

I believe these people desrve a better life, I would expect the same of me and my family were in the middle of a warzone, I would like to think there would be somewhere prepared to take me...

I still think fighting the authorities the wrong way to do things as is what has happened at Calais recently...

My questions still stands

1.What should happen to get it under control, should the Hungarians give them what they want andgrant them passage through to Germany?

2. What is the future for the Schengen Area?

(16 Sep 2015, 5:57 pm)LeeCalder wrote The refugee crisis is a major one at the moment, no matter who you are, you will be impacted by this in some way. Whether it is just hearing it on the news, or it is as front-line border force.

I too am for helping refugees in these times of war, however, I am not for taking in thousands economic migrants whilst this is taking place. The problem here though is, as a member of the European Union, almost anyone from another EU country can walk in.

Germany said a few weeks ago that basically anyone can come, it is a bit to late now to draw up a list of countries of whom can stay and can't stay. All they have to do is throw there passports over the Mediterranean and say we are coming.

The problem is, the majority of people that are coming (And the Slovak minister has been honest enough to say) are economic migrants. And, there is also evidence that ISIS are now using this route to get their Jihadists on European soil.

If we want to help genuine refugees, protect OUR society and want to stop the criminal trafficing gangs from benefiting as they are then we must stop the boats coming as the Australian's did, and then we can asses who qualifies for refugee status.

How do you seperate Economic Migrants from Refugees and also seperating terrorists from Refugees???
(16 Sep 2015, 5:52 pm)aureolin wrote Stop right there my friend. It's a global refugee crisis.

The use of the word 'migrant', often spun out from Murdoch rags, is a disgrace in my opinion. Refugee is defined as "a person who has been forced to leave their country in order to escape war, persecution, or natural disaster.". If anyone doesn't think it's forced, then I'd love for them to explain why.

Have you complained to all news papers and news channels about the use of the word 'migrant' then?

Example: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34272765
(16 Sep 2015, 6:33 pm)S813 FVK wrote Have you complained to all news papers and news channels about the use of the word 'migrant' then?

Example: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34272765

I'm not sure if I see the point of your post? What action (if any), that I've personally taken, is irrelevant from the point I've made above.

It's about defining the situation correctly, and I'm more than happy for anybody to provide explanation of why the word 'migrant' is (in my view, incorrectly) being used instead of 'refugee'.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Marxista Fozzski
(16 Sep 2015, 6:45 pm)aureolin wrote I'm not sure if I see the point of your post? What action (if any), that I've personally taken, is irrelevant from the point I've made above.

It's about defining the situation correctly, and I'm more than happy for anybody to provide explanation of why the word 'migrant' is (in my view, incorrectly) being used instead of 'refugee'.

I thought that too, what is the point being...I think the fact mentioned Murdoch in response to what I said, and that is where the 'have you complained' to media outlets came from
(16 Sep 2015, 6:24 pm)MrFozz wrote Thats me put in my place I apologise for the words I use, the last thing I want is to upset or offend people

Nah, seriously, it is that nearly every news provider is giving it 'Migrant this, Migrant...

As for your last sentence, I would also like to see it being explained why the current has not been forced on them...

I believe these people desrve a better life, I would expect the same of me and my family were in the middle of a warzone, I would like to think there would be somewhere prepared to take me...

Don't apologise - it wasn't meant to! Smile It's simply my frustration at the press, yet again, putting a spin on a hot topic to influence public opinion. Perhaps part of it is that they don't want to admit it's Europe's biggest refugee movement since the second world war.

I don't know how it can't be seen as forced. The modern world certainly plays a part in the blame too, seeing as we've been responsible for bombing their homes.
(16 Sep 2015, 6:45 pm)aureolin wrote I'm not sure if I see the point of your post? What action (if any), that I've personally taken, is irrelevant from the point I've made above.

Well, as you seem to have a problem with the word 'migrant' being used ("...use of the word 'migrant'...is a disgrace in my opinion"), one would assume that you wouldn't want the word 'migrant' used in any situation...

Judging by your reaction, i've obviously missed something but it was just the way i interpreted the post when i first read it.
Marxista Fozzski
(16 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote Well, as you seem to have a problem with the word 'migrant' being used ("...use of the word 'migrant'...is a disgrace in my opinion"), one would assume that you wouldn't want the word 'migrant' used in any situation...

Judging by your reaction, i've obviously missed something but it was just the way i interpreted the post when i first read it.

He doesn't want the word used in this situations like this, because it is incorrect to use, that much was said in his response...He doesn't want the word used, because he is right...
(16 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm)S813 FVK wrote Well, as you seem to have a problem with the word 'migrant' being used ("...use of the word 'migrant'...is a disgrace in my opinion"), one would assume that you wouldn't want the word 'migrant' used in any situation...

It's not that. I just didn't understand the relevance of the question. 

What I've done is I've written to my MP and MEP about it, and also signed a petition against a public funded body using the term. 

In my opinion, there's not a lot of point writing complaints to individual papers and agencies. For one, it'd be a full time job. Secondly, it'd be a sole voice against giant corporations. Best will in the world, but I'd be lucky if they even read the complaint.

I believe political pressure is the best way forward in this instance. Smile
Marxista Fozzski
(16 Sep 2015, 7:09 pm)aureolin wrote It's not that. I just didn't understand the relevance of the question. 

What I've done is I've written to my MP and MEP about it, and also signed a petition against a public funded body using the term. 

In my opinion, there's not a lot of point writing complaints to individual papers and agencies. For one, it'd be a full time job. Secondly, it'd be a sole voice against giant corporations. Best will in the world, but I'd be lucky if they even read the complaint.

I believe political pressure is the best way forward in this instance. Smile
Is Schengen under threat or will deals be done before it ever came to that?

As I have said before, fighting authorities on the Serb-Hungarian Border is not the answer, I just turned the news to see that Hungarian Police are fighting back quite heavy handed, using water cannons and tear gassing people...now that is uncalled, there are women and children, I know one thing, Tear Gas is horrible, it must be terrifying if it hits kids...

I am guessing it would need something like the UN, EU, Red Cross/Crescent to lean on Hungary to find a resolution
(16 Sep 2015, 7:17 pm)MrFozz wrote Is Schengen under threat or will deals be done before it ever came to that?

As I have said before, fighting authorities on the Serb-Hungarian Border is not the answer, I just turned the news to see that Hungarian Police are fighting back quite heavy handed, using water cannons and tear gassing people...now that is uncalled, there are women and children, I know one thing, Tear Gas is horrible, it must be terrifying if it hits kids...

I am guessing it would need something like the UN, EU, Red Cross/Crescent to lean on Hungary to find a resolution

I don't believe it is. Most countries in the agreement would actually stand to lose from a lot more if they were booted out of the EU. The only way it'd be under threat is if a powerhouse like Germany put up controls, but they're in fact doing the opposite. 

The heavy handed approach by Hungary is frankly shocking in my opinion, in what is supposed to be a modern world.
Marxista Fozzski
Anything and Everything
Could it be said the Soviet-Afghan War and Iran-Iraq War in the 80's be a factor in where we now found ourselves...

How true is it that the CIA were heavily arming Mujahid Fighters, I know Hollywood can twist things till it is unrecognisable, but that was what was put across in the film Charlie Wilsons war and people have hinted, that the outcome of the Soviet-Afghan war directly led to the rise of the Taliban, al-Qaeda and 9/11...

While talking about Iran-Iraq, was that the conflict that nearly finished Reagen after it was discovered he was arming Iran to fund a seperate insurgency somewhere
(16 Sep 2015, 7:24 pm)aureolin wrote I don't believe it is. Most countries in the agreement would actually stand to lose from a lot more if they were booted out of the EU. The only way it'd be under threat is if a powerhouse like Germany put up controls, but they're in fact doing the opposite.

The heavy handed approach by Hungary is frankly shocking in my opinion, in what is supposed to be a modern world.

Germany put controls up over the weekend.
I think Austria have done it too.

I think they can only do it on a temp basis.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(19 Sep 2015, 6:34 pm)DanPicken wrote Noticed we're on 999 threads so I think the thousandth should be one revealing the new mod.
Problem there is it would go out of the window if someone creates another thread before the announcement for the new forum mod is ready to be made and we don't really know how close the decision of who to make the new mod is yet.
Marxista Fozzski
(19 Sep 2015, 6:34 pm)DanPicken wrote Noticed we're on 999 threads so I think the thousandth should be one revealing the new mod.
Would be a good touch, but Jimmi is right...

Now it has been mentioned, some awkward sod I wouldn't be surprised if someone created the 1000th just to stop Dan Picks idea happening Big Grin
(19 Sep 2015, 6:59 pm)Jimmi wrote Problem there is it would go out of the window if someone creates another thread before the announcement for the new forum mod is ready to be made and we don't really know how close the decision of who to make the new mod is yet.
(19 Sep 2015, 8:57 pm)MrFozz wrote Would be a good touch, but Jimmi is right...

Now it has been mentioned, some awkward sod I wouldn't be surprised if someone created the 1000th just to stop Dan Picks idea happening Big Grin

Of course I'm right

Sure enough that idea has now totally gone out of the window.
Start uni today, i hope you are going to wish me luck... not with uni... with the metro! 2 days a week i'll be using the metro!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(22 Sep 2015, 5:57 am)Michael wrote Start uni today, i hope you are going to wish me luck... not with uni... with the metro! 2 days a week i'll be using the metro!
Good luck using the Metro...You are a brave soul
(22 Sep 2015, 9:00 am)MrFozz wrote Good luck using the Metro...You are a brave soul

Wasn't bad, both were on time!
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Marxista Fozzski
(22 Sep 2015, 3:12 pm)Michael wrote Wasn't bad, both were on time!
The term 'famous last words' come to mind...

You have doomed yourself now to a lifetime of late metros or trains that just don't turn up Big Grin
(22 Sep 2015, 3:14 pm)MrFozz wrote The term 'famous last words' come to mind...

You have doomed yourself now to a lifetime of late metros or trains that just don't turn up Big Grin

I get the earlier one just incase!

Also, there's 43 people in my class....
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
(22 Sep 2015, 3:18 pm)Michael wrote I get the earlier one just incase!

Also, there's 43 people in my class....

I used to get the 8:42-ish from Felling for a 9am lecture. Packed like sardines, nose to armpit, it was.

If I had to do that journey again (shudder) I'd have to get an earlier one if only because I can't walk anything like so fast up past the Herschel building, any more.
(22 Sep 2015, 3:31 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I used to get the 8:42-ish from Felling for a 9am lecture. Packed like sardines, nose to armpit, it was.

If I had to do that journey again (shudder) I'd have to get an earlier one if only because I can't walk anything like so fast up past the Herschel building, any more.

I get the 8:35am metro from Sunderland or Northern, gets me to Newcastle Central for 9:05amish - 10 minute walk to the college - so its not bad at all.
Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.