North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 16 Sep 2013

Haha i think the one your on about is the one i posted about

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 16 Sep 2013

(16 Sep 2013, 8:35 pm)Michael Haha i think the one your on about is the one i posted about

Whoops, completely missed it.
There has been a bit more added to it

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 16 Sep 2013

Just stumbled across this cracker from someone wanting info about prices on the TTX to Boro.

Then in amongst all of the tooing and froing, this:

Andy Clifford You could use the one pass from Gateshead to testosterone roundabout then pay from there and vice versa
Like · 7 hours ago

This one made me laugh. They're like little kids.

Bearing in mind this discussion had been taking place several hours earlier and had obviously ended, the clock struck 5 and Hignett ran down.... Hickery dickery dock!
He must have just appeared from no-where to comment on the guys spelling after he said the services were appauling .

Ian Hignett Rather like your spelling!
Like · 4 hours ago

David Lenny-heww Leonard Cant remember anyone asking your opinion, can you
Like · 2 · 4 hours ago

George William Stewart this is a open forum so any one can comment danny and company
Like · 1 · 4 hours ago

Fyacebuk Polis Oh, the clock has gone 5. Go North East have clocked off and the big boys have came out to play.
Absolutely pathetic!
Like · 4 hours ago

Ian Hignett If you want others commenting then don't post on an open forum.
Like · 4 hours ago

George William Stewart no u r the pathetic one mr or mrs polis
Like · 4 hours ago

Fyacebuk Polis George, what benefit have you got from posting 'this is a open forum so any one can comment danny and
company' on a post which had been resolved 5 hours ago?
Like · 2 · 4 hours ago

Leyland Olympian Just as much benefit as Mr Hignett commenting on someone's spelling several hours later. I find it appalling that he hasn't commented on George's
though. Rather inconsistent.
Like · 1 · 3 hours ago

Fyacebuk Polis Whoo hooo, Mr Hignett! Mr Hignett, whooo hooo, you missed George's spelling mistakes. Leyland, I'm sure
he will spot them in 5 hours time
Like · 2 · 3 hours ago

Ken Kennedy Boy George. Any culture club reunions planned like?
Like · 3 hours ago

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 16 Sep 2013

(16 Sep 2013, 8:50 pm)Andreos1 Just stumbled across this cracker from someone wanting info about prices on the TTX to Boro.

Then in amongst all of the tooing and froing, this:

LOL - testosterone roundabout!

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 16 Sep 2013

(07 Sep 2013, 7:48 pm)aureolin haha I'll be back down Brighton myself for conference by then. I was actually tempted to go to the Labour Party conference this month, just for an excuse to get a few photos! I'm definitely taking the DSLR this time though.

Dragging up on an old conversation here, but I'm just starting to get through some photos now, Adrian!
Photos from 17/07 and 18/07 are up now. May be a few of interest if anyone wants to head to my photostream. Just North East ones at the moment though! Target is to get them all uploaded by 28/09 so I don't have a massive backlog for when I go to Edinburgh (again)!
I imagine I will get 19/07, 20/07, 21/07 and 22/07 done tonight as there's not so many photos in comparison! Tongue

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 17 Sep 2013

In a bizarre attempt to seemingly pretend he does work for GNE, everyone's favourite has answered a question about the Key Card with the following response

Ian Hignett Which college? and last 6 digits of the card No.
Edited · Like · 45 minutes ago

As Leyland and Fyacebuk have quite rightly pointed out, what Ian intends to do with that information is anyones guess Huh

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 17 Sep 2013

Q. How do you know when GNE's Facebook page is out of control?

A. When Arriva North East management start promoting the services they offer on their page.

We'll be at Durham University tomorrow promoting our services and ticket options for students

Pop along to the Palatine Centre at the Science Site in Durham between 11am and 2pm

Like · Comment · Share
3 people like this.

Lisa Taylor What if you can't attend? What are the benefits?
4 hours ago via mobile · Like

Mark Ellis If you work at the University you should be getting an email with the information you need
4 hours ago · Like

Pauline Harrison Baker There aren,t any benefits. It,s a fortune for college students to get from Tyne and Wear to Durham.!!
4 hours ago · Like · 1

Mark Ellis It's only £14.90 for a week when bought online or £53 for a month with key lifestyle & that's regionwide travel - good value that
4 hours ago · Like

Lee Joshi i dont trust anyone from go north east ..con people ..ripping disabled off ...
4 hours ago · Like

John Lawson How is the disabled getting ripped off if they have a pass they get free travel
4 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Joanne Heron What about Durham sixth form? Do the 16 year olds from there get any decent travel options, it's costing £5.70 a day to get my 16 yr old to Durham city from Hetton bus station, bloody shocking that the kids can't get any discounts whilst going from Tyne and Wear to Durham! It's costing £115 a month for a round trip of a total if 12 mile a day! Is there anything else that will work out cheaper that will allow him to travel at 8am & 4pm cos the ticket I looked at excluded peak times, what's the point if that when kids start college at 9am? Any advice of the best option?
2 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Mark Ellis The Get Around tickets are available to all under 22's in full time education - have a look at www.simplygo.com/getaround for more info

Get Around
www.simplygo.com

Whether you’re at school, college or university you can save on your bus travel ...See more
about an hour ago · Like

Richard McGowan Or if you travel between Framwellgate Moor and Middlesbrough, you can go for free on Arriva X1, just show your campus card!
46 minutes ago · Edited · Like

Classic!

Anything and Everything - Adrian - 18 Sep 2013

Who's Mark Ellis? Does he work for GNE or is he another 'helper'?

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 18 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 5:43 am)aureolin Who's Mark Ellis? Does he work for GNE or is he another 'helper'?

It is the old Arriva Bod, who now works for GNE.
He got a mention in a GNE link just last night.

RE: Anything and Everything - gtom - 18 Sep 2013

(17 Sep 2013, 5:36 pm)Andreos1 In a bizarre attempt to seemingly pretend he does work for GNE, everyone's favourite has answered a question about the Key Card with the following response

As Leyland and Fyacebuk have quite rightly pointed out, what Ian intends to dweo with that information is anyones guess Huh

Has anyone reported that?

Grounds to ban him

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 18 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 9:05 pm)gtomlinson Has anyone reported that?

Grounds to ban him

The comment from Ian and subsequent comments from a couple of 'characters' outing him as a 50 odd year old civil servant (something along those lines, I can't remember exactly) who doesn't go to his local library as well as his wifes name - have all been deleted, presumably by GNE staff.

Just looking at the GNE page a few minutes ago and he is still posting.

RE: Anything and Everything - CatsFast101 - 18 Sep 2013

Someone should complain to Go North East about Higgnett asking for people's key card details, that's getting into data protection and stuff?

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 19 Sep 2013

(18 Sep 2013, 10:11 pm)CatsFast101 Someone should complain to Go North East about Higgnett asking for people's key card details, that's getting into data protection and stuff?

It probably is - in fact it definitely is.
What he could do with the information is another thing.

I had a look on the forum earlier today and he was still stirring up angst with the posters - in the same conversation GNE were.
One of the passengers got around the posts being deleted for swearing, by calling him a 'door knob'.
GNE haven't deleted it haha.

Jody Bob Partington
I am on the 44 from durham to newcastle I would just like to say the bus drivers customer service skills are appauling.I work for M+S and we strive for good customer service our customers mean everything to us. Obvs this is not the same for GNE. I do not apprieciate being spoken to like a piece of dog foul on his shoe and I am not impressed! Think he needs some extra training on how to speak to his customers thanks.
Like · · 9 hours ago
4 people like this.

Go North East I'm sorry to hear that, Jody. Can you please confirm the specific service details and exactly what happened?
9 hours ago · Like

Jody Bob Partington i got on the 44 at sacriston at half passed ten it was the first time i had used my key card so didnt know i had to declare my destination and he looked me up and down and said am waiting for u too tell me where ur going you stupid girl i had stood there for about two minutes could he not have asked me where i was going instead no! he is rude and insulting
9 hours ago via mobile · Like

Ian Hignett Could you not have asked the driver in the first place how to use the key card? by your own admission you were using it for the first time.
8 hours ago · Like · 1

Go North East Thanks for the extra information. Apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort this caused.
8 hours ago · Like · 1

Kayleigh Bedingfield He didn't have to call her stupid!
8 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

Jody Bob Partington i did but there no need to call me a stupid girl ian i am 21 and do not expect to spoken too like that esp when i am a paying customer. his customer service is lacking at the end of the day and big companies need to know this !
8 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1

Ian Hignett Thought the issue was about customer service? asking the driver how to use the card is a perfectly acceptable question, whatever time of day. Drivers are not mind readers, so at peak times they cannot quote the fare unless they know where the passenger is going. Agreed that the allegation of what the driver said is an issue.
8 hours ago · Like · 1

Cheryl Wall People ave enough to think bout in the morning without thinking about asking how to use a key card he is a bus driver at the end of the day even if she had asked his attitude wouldn't have been any different it's totally uncalled for!!!

Ian Hignett If you are 21 and working, as you say then you need a valid ticket on your card or you would have to buy the standard adult single, in the case of the latter you would have to state your destination anyway.
8 hours ago · Like

Jody Bob Partington i am not saying that it the fact his attitude towards me and calling me what he did ian this not ur post so leave it u obvs have nothing better to do do yah !

Leyland Olympian Yes Ian - stop having yet another go at a GNE customer on here. This issue lies with the driver's attitude. End of. Stop trying to make out that Jody is doing something wrong when she's unsure how to use her key card for the first time. GNE have enough details now to deal with the driver. Jody - Ian is well known for being rude and argumentative to customers on here yet GNE unfortunately do nothing to stop him.
8 hours ago · Like · 5

Jody Bob Partington thank u leyland means alot i do not need him having ago atm thanks again
8 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Go North East Could you also confirm the direction you were heading in before we pass the information on?
8 hours ago · Like

Ian Hignett It's an open forum so anyone can comment, if you want a private conversation with GNE then use a different method of communication. I am not having a go, I've already said that the alleged incident of what the driver said to you is an issue which needs to be addressed. I just find the use of the key card strange.
8 hours ago · Edited · Like · 1

Cheryl Wall Yeah go leyland he obviously has nothing beta to do if he has a pop at nearly everyone that puts something forward to GNE
8 hours ago via mobile · Like

Jody Bob Partington i have just purchased a key pass for unlimated travel ian. also metro centre GNE thanks

Kayleigh Bedingfield My comment keeps getting removed. Yet you wont remove his awful comments! Glad I don't use GNE if this is the way they treat customers and let men bully young girls on their fb page!!!

Go North East Kayleigh, the details will be passed onto the driver's manager so it can be dealt with when we receive a little extra information. In regards to your post, it was removed due to the use of profanity.
8 hours ago · Like

Ian Hignett I am not bullying anyone, I am stating FACTS!
8 hours ago · Like · 1

Kayleigh Bedingfield I used that word Jody and it was removed. Ian your just a small minded little man who needs to get out more. Stop bashing young women. Sad sad man.

Kayleigh Bedingfield Your a door knob Ian

Jody Bob Partington haha ian needs to get a life there no need for trolls lol

Kayleigh Bedingfield He probably works for Arriva lol

Jody Bob Partington nah GNE he is a mole ! ! keyboard bashing TROLL
8 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2

Leyland Olympian GNE - Jody said in her OP that she was travelling towards Newcastle.

Go North East Leyland Olympian, I did notice this after my comment - apologies for the oversight.
8 hours ago · Like · 1

Jody Bob Partington GNE why is ian allowed to troll my post and go on the way he has with me but if it was me ad be removed from ur page he is not a very nice man at all. i feel intimidated by him and i am being made to feel like i have done something wrong ?

Go North East Jody, we tend to allow the majority of posts go unmoderated as it is an open forum. Obviously, in the case of profanity any posts we come across will be removed. If you'd prefer to have a one-to-one conversation with us I would suggest contacting us via private message, or using our live chat facility: www.simplygo.com/contact-us
8 hours ago · Like

Jody Bob Partington i dnt mind the open forum it just that man !
7 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3

Fyacebuk Polis Ian is well known on this page. Posts from paying customers are littered with 'Higgnetisms'. Complaints have been made to Go North East, but he is allowed to continue. I suggest everyone blocks him and reports him for his behaviour. If Go North East unwilling to do anything - maybe Facebook will. It doesn't present Go North East in the best light either, when they are letting a grown man troll, upset and antagonise their paying customers
5 hours ago · Edited · Like · 1

It was clear that the post from him was intended to be confrontational, it ended up involving the poster, her friends and a couple of the 'characters' - but GNE didn't seem bothered one iota.

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 22 Sep 2013

Here's a funny one...
https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/10153261934580710

No doubt Hignett was at SHOWBUS, so didn't get the opportunity to post in their absence.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 3:04 pm)Daniel Here's a funny one...
https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts/10153261934580710

No doubt Hignett was at SHOWBUS, so didn't get the opportunity to post in their absence.

So nobody official has posted today, apart from that solitary post mentioned?

That is shocking.

Hignett will be kicking himself having missed out on the opportunity to step into the GNE shoes.
He would have been Clifford's hero!

(22 Sep 2013, 4:50 pm)Andreos1 So nobody official has posted today, apart from that solitary post mentioned?

That is shocking.

Hignett will be kicking himself having missed out on the opportunity to step into the GNE shoes.
He would have been Clifford's hero!

It's happened a few times now - first time there's been an apology for it though...
I've messaged them three times recently to receive no reply - even when mid-discussion re: my key card.

I've been waiting now for a month for it to turn up, only to be told the other day they didn't bother sending it out. They didn't reply to me after I said I'd forward the details of the e-mail to them again so they could send it out to me. No reply after I said 'Hello? You didn't answer the above message?' a day later either.

Absolute joke.

RE: Anything and Everything - tyresmoke - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 4:56 pm)Daniel It's happened a few times now - first time there's been an apology for it though...
I've messaged them three times recently to receive no reply - even when mid-discussion re: my key card.

I've been waiting now for a month for it to turn up, only to be told the other day they didn't bother sending it out. They didn't reply to me after I said I'd forward the details of the e-mail to them again so they could send it out to me. No reply after I said 'Hello? You didn't answer the above message?' a day later either.

Absolute joke.

That's terrible customer service and sadly a typical representation of GNEs current status!

(22 Sep 2013, 4:57 pm)tyresmoke That's terrible customer service and sadly a typical representation of GNEs current status!

I was told they would cancel my current (or previous, depending on how you look at it) Key Card, so I've no idea whether it works or not..! Going to message them first thing tomorrow morning @ 8am (providing they decide not to have an extra day off) and ask them to sort it out...

This is the company who apparently win Social Media awards!

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 5:02 pm)Daniel I was told they would cancel my current (or previous, depending on how you look at it) Key Card, so I've no idea whether it works or not..! Going to message them first thing tomorrow morning @ 8am (providing they decide not to have an extra day off) and ask them to sort it out...

This is the company who apparently win Social Media awards!

There was something on the other day, linked to The Chronicle relating to online influences or some sort of tosh.
GNE were after nominations.
Andy Clifford started going on about something, so I lost interest.

They really are a shambles and having had the need to contact them in the past, nothing surprises me with them or their attitude.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 22 Sep 2013

(22 Sep 2013, 5:09 pm)Andreos1 There was something on the other day, linked to The Chronicle relating to online influences or some sort of tosh.
GNE were after nominations.
Andy Clifford started going on about something, so I lost interest.

They really are a shambles and having had the need to contact them in the past, nothing surprises me with them or their attitude.

I think one of the 'characters' actually volunteered a nomination for Clifford himself.