Menu

Pages (146)    19 10 11146   
Andreos1   07 Sep 2013, 7:27 pm
(07 Sep 2013, 7:19 pm)aureolin wrote Not sure, but I certainly miss the QCS arguments that you and they had. It's good to have that level of debate. It's boring if everyone just agrees with each other after all.

I got bored with it.
Loved the debate, but couldn't be ar$ed at the way he 'debated' back
Dan   07 Sep 2013, 7:39 pm
(07 Sep 2013, 7:12 pm)aureolin wrote This should be your priority Tongue I love the Brighton & Hove stuff.

You'll be waiting a long time for those photos, my friend. Pre-airshow photos first! :p
MrFozz   07 Sep 2013, 7:41 pm
(07 Sep 2013, 7:25 pm)Andreos1 wrote Well it's blatantly a dig at me haha. Saying that, even I don't know why I mention Fencehouses that much Huh

I am like that with Murton and Dalton Park sometimes, mentioning quite a few times
Adrian   07 Sep 2013, 7:48 pm
(07 Sep 2013, 7:39 pm)Daniel wrote You'll be waiting a long time for those photos, my friend. Pre-airshow photos first! :p

haha I'll be back down Brighton myself for conference by then. I was actually tempted to go to the Labour Party conference this month, just for an excuse to get a few photos! I'm definitely taking the DSLR this time though.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   07 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm
(07 Sep 2013, 7:41 pm)fozzovmurton wrote I am like that with Murton and Dalton Park sometimes, mentioning quite a few times

At the risk of going off-topic, but (probably before you became as active), I mentioned Dalton Park quite a few times.
For what is essentially the biggest attraction in the area and the planned extension, the transport links are shocking - unless you live in Seaham, Stockton Road/Ryhope Road or Sunderland City Centre.

I still firmly believe the X7 should have called there, but even then connections to/from Dalton Park would still need improving.
CatsFast101   07 Sep 2013, 8:18 pm
I've also got my suspicions of who is who... Before I go any further I apologise is this is way off I'm just having a laugh!

Clifton Hignett - I've got a feeling this could be AdamY. Sorry Adam I think you've left a few clues!
Ken Kennedy- I'm sorry Andreos1, I'll bet money on the fact you are one of the accounts and I've got a sneaky suspicion you are Mr Kennedy!
Fyacebuk Polis- Adam Malarkey. You seem quite keen on try defect the blame.. Are you the 'Fyacebuk Polis'??
Ant Nightie- I'm not sure who this is but I'm sure Daniels involved somewhere...
Leyland - I'm not sure Leyland is involved as such, he was active long before all this Ian Hignett. However he obviously reads this forum

But who knows?! I think deserves its own thread!! It's truly entertaining! Who's needs CBB? Haha
Dan   07 Sep 2013, 8:25 pm
(07 Sep 2013, 8:18 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I've also got my suspicions of who is who... Before I go any further I apologise is this is way off I'm just having a laugh!

Clifton Hignett - I've got a feeling this could be AdamY. Sorry Adam I think you've left a few clues!
Ken Kennedy- I'm sorry Andreos1, I'll bet money on the fact you are one of the accounts and I've got a sneaky suspicion you are Mr Kennedy!
Fyacebuk Polis- Adam Malarkey. You seem quite keen on try defect the blame.. Are you the 'Fyacebuk Polis'??
Ant Nightie- I'm not sure who this is but I'm sure Daniels involved somewhere...
Leyland - I'm not sure Leyland is involved as such, he was active long before all this Ian Hignett. However he obviously reads this forum

But who knows?! I think deserves its own thread!! It's truly entertaining! Who's needs CBB? Haha

Liam is "Big Brother" and he set up the Ant Nightie account... This is a task, everyone!
Oh god, I sound like a complete cock now. :p
Malarkey   07 Sep 2013, 8:26 pm
None of these Characters are me at all, I have better things to do than wind up passengers for the sake of it, personally although reading it, it has provided a good laugh, but I think it's getting a bit Stale now in my opinion. When I changed my name on here that was just a wind up to fool everyone but it failed as BJ10VUS noticed straight away.

I think Ian Hignett/Cliff and Ant Nightie are all the same person from outside the forum, who is not a member and Fyacebuk Polis is Daniel as I said earlier, which he pointed out in a post last night.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MrFozz   07 Sep 2013, 8:29 pm
(07 Sep 2013, 7:55 pm)Andreos1 wrote At the risk of going off-topic, but (probably before you became as active), I mentioned Dalton Park quite a few times.
For what is essentially the biggest attraction in the area and the planned extension, the transport links are shocking - unless you live in Seaham, Stockton Road/Ryhope Road or Sunderland City Centre.

I still firmly believe the X7 should have called there, but even then connections to/from Dalton Park would still need improving.

Your right, public transport links to DP are shocking and I would back your argument up on X7, but if the X7 was to stop there, I reckon it would be better cutting Seaham and being Sunderland-A19-DP-Peterlee, then head to Middlesbrough...I have also tried to argue a case for the X10 to stop there, to open links to Teesside and Tyneside...Only problem is that it is absolutely heaving sometimes and sometimes causes traffic to be backed up and would probably need the layout of bus stops looked at Not really sure if the demand would be there, but lets see what happens when phase 2 goes up, hopefully it will up the demand and present a good argument whether it can be better served...only time will tell Wink
Andreos1   07 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm
@ BJ1OVUS - I wrote out a reply, but it seems to have vanished.
How much money are you willing to stake on me being Ken? Cos whatever you bet, it will be staying in William Hill's till haha.

@Fozz - Maybe the extension, will lead to the bus stops being improved or moved - as well as additional buses serving a better range of towns/villages?
I'm not sure who said it, but diverting the X10, would mean introducing an extra vehicle onto the PVR.
DanPicken   08 Sep 2013, 1:11 pm
Ian Hignett
Can the chuckle brothers not just let people think they are stupid instead of proving it on here?
Like · · 20 hours ago near Gateshead
4 people like this..

Andy Clifford Very true blocked them idiots no offence gne
20 hours ago · Like · 3..

Clifton Hignett III I agree. The serious transport guru-ing should be left to trained professionals who know how to handle enquiries without being dismissive, arrogant, ignorant or rude.
20 hours ago · Like · 1..

Ian Hignett Likewise Andy.
19 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1..

Joshua Curry
Your busses take the piss going up lobbly hill bank, 15mph, its dangerous
Like · · 21 hours ago
4 people like this..

Ian Hignett No it's not. Provided they don't break the speed limit they are within the law.
21 hours ago · Like · 1..

Andy Clifford Josh rephrase it otherwise u will get band no offence it's to help u
21 hours ago · Like..

Fyacebuk Polis Hullo, hullo, hullo. It is very slow and does cause tailbacks. I caused tailbacks when I was driving my police car once. Mind the language sunny jim
21 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1..

Fyacebuk Polis @ Ian, there is also the danger caused by vehicles moving very slowly
21 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3..

Ian Hignett The danger is the driver behind trying to overtake. The weight of a bus plus passengers is clearly going to make progress slow, perhaps the council should re align the lanes and allow two lanes up and one down, which is never going to work as it would eliminate the bus lane and cause more congestion and delay.
20 hours ago · Like..

Fyacebuk Polis Are you saying bus passengers are overweight? That is a very serious accusation to make, in an open forum like this mind Ian.
20 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2..

Ken Kennedy Get a bus with a bigger engine.

Andy Clifford Ian here's only here to have a ago we know what u meant

Fyacebuk Polis Who is stupid Ian? You mentioned about the weight of a bus plus passengers

Ken Kennedy I can't believe you've suggested that those travelling towards Lobley Hill have an obesity problem Ian.
20 hours ago · Like · 3..

Joshua Curry kick offs ahaha a was only saying
20 hours ago via mobile · Like · 3..

Matty Woodhouse Ian fight me
20 hours ago · Like..

Fyacebuk Polis We know you were Joshua, I believe you. However, there is a lot of bitchiness amongst enthusiasts. Not sure why mind.

Joshua Curry fyacebuk polis knows the score
20 hours ago via mobile · Like · 1..

Fyacebuk Polis Thats cos Im down with the kids innit?

Joshua Curry Yeah mate

Fyacebuk Polis Have you reached the top of Lobley Hill Bank yet?

Joshua Curry Just now mate haha

Fyacebuk Polis Good stuff, hopefully the bus will be able to speed up a bit for the rest of your journey

Sharon Curry Eeh josh you've cause mayhem haha xc
19 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2..

Fyacebuk Polis Josh just passed on an observation or a statement - then Ian and Andy came barging in with their size 5 1/2s and it all errupted
19 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2..

Amanda Wilkinson

Do your buses ever run on time. Gets later every day. Utter joke 73 isnt here and its 4pm and i start work at 4. Ur service is shocking
Like · · 21 hours ago via Mobile

Fyacebuk Polis Hullo hullo hullo. Nah, very rarely. Apparently 91% of passengers are happy though!
Ps Hope you get to work soon
21 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 1..

Ken Kennedy The 73 is really unreliable at times. Where are you waiting Amanda? I love your hair by the way.
21 hours ago · Like..

Amanda Wilkinson Im now at wotk 15mins late. Socking service
21 hours ago via mobile · Like..

Ken Kennedy I've never seen them come in pairs mind.
21 hours ago · Like..

Fyacebuk Polis Kenneth!! You have been warned. Now leave the lady alone and let her do some work

Daniel Picken - me aye nauty ken

Andy Clifford Cannot see him as banned him due to language
21 hours ago · Like..

Fyacebuk Polis Who banned who Andy?

Andy Clifford I banned ken fyacebuk
20 hours ago · Like..

Andy Clifford from my feed
20 hours ago · Like..

Ken Kennedy That's a very serious accusation to make Andrew. I have never used bad language.

Fyacebuk Polis what language did he use? Apart from using language with s£xual undertones, I haven't seen him swear once. That is quite an accusation to make mind Andy.

Clifton Hignett III Who's Ken Fyacebuk? Why has he been banned? I was once banned from the Dunston Excelsior club after a turn I was doing went horribly wrong, it wasn't really my fault but I know the distress of exclusion.
20 hours ago · Like · 4..

Ken Kennedy You guys are missing the point. How do you expect me to cope without a plagiarised traffic update every day?

Fyacebuk Polis @ Ken Can you not see Andy's traffic updates? He gets about quite a bit so he can let the North East know about traffic jams
20 hours ago via mobile · Like..

Leyland Olympian A1231 Tyne And Wear - A1231 Queen Alexandra Bridge in Sunderland busy but moving between the B1405 Pallion New Road junction and the A1290 Queens Road junction. Perhaps this has affected the 73? Andy?
20 hours ago · Edited · Like · 1..

Fyacebuk Polis Andy must not be playing with his little chopper and eye in the sky tonight

Leyland Olympian Maybe he's on his way to the Stadium of Light but got off the 56 at Park Lane and is having a trip on the staff shuttle whilst awaiting further instructions?

Andy Clifford Oh my being bitchy lol
20 hours ago · Like..

Fyacebuk Polis Nah, he will have gone on the 8 etc

Fyacebuk Polis Both Ian and Andy have blocked me. Gutted - cos like Ant, I enjoy seeing their condescending advice too
19 hours ago via mobile · Edited · Like · 1..

Leyland Olympian ** Queen Alexandra Bridge traffic delays now cleared **
19 hours ago · Like · 1..

Bill Steven Lowery
X35 8.40am at South Hetton. driver had no change and thinks I am travelling to Deptford Depot in Sunderland to get my £10 change. He has my details. How long before I get my money back?
Like · · 21 hours ago

Fyacebuk Polis Hullo hullo hullo. Just send them an invoice with notification you will add interest. It might work, it might not.
21 hours ago via mobile · Like · 2..

Go North East If you are unable to to go to the depot to collect your change can you please email us the journey details so we can work out a way of returning any monies owed to you
21 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery Email address please
21 hours ago · Like..

Go North East customerservices@gonortheast.co.uk
21 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery Cheers
21 hours ago · Like..

Andy Clifford You can always get the staff shuttle to deptfrd from park lane as gne have said prev
21 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery Never seen that offer anywhere. And I still don't see why I have to go out of my way to get my cash abck. wait and see what the return email says.

Andy Clifford The staff shuttle has been advertised for years for customers claiming lost property etc to get to deptfrd bill
21 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery I haven't used public transport for decades - literally. Only been back to using them for a couple of months.
21 hours ago · Like..

Sarah Edmonds They took 10 quid from you???? That can't be right.
20 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery Didn't have the change! Mind you, the drivers attitude - that I was being a pain - didn't help
20 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery The argument was "You can come to the depot at the end of the day. I don't give you a receipt because the machine (THE MACHINE!!!!) will be right and show an excess of £10. As one of my friends pointed out, only of he doesn't make any mistakes or undercharges anyone.

Sarah Edmonds but they shouldn't take any more than the fare from you? That's your property. What if you couldn't afford to give the tenner? They can't chuck you off the bus, when you've offered to pay.
20 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery Yeah, could have caused real problems getting to work next week. On top of the usual shite service they "provide" anyway. Still waiting to hear from a complaint I made against one of the drivers almost a month ago!
20 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery Guessing customer services is off til Monday. I'll keep you informed.
19 hours ago · Like..

Fyacebuk Polis Apparently you need to wait 5 days to recieve a response. According to Ian Hignett, this can take longer if another depot needs to be contacted. Hopefully you get your money back, sooner rather than later
19 hours ago via mobile · Like..

Leyland Olympian http://www.simplygo.com/contactusform/
19 hours ago · Like..

Bill Steven Lowery Cheers, already sent them an email.
19 hours ago · Like..

Jim Kilpatrick Tuesday morning, 10.30. think happy thoughts. hehe.
16 hours ago · Like · 1..

gettin intresting and kens profile pic is Clifford the big red dog TongueTongueTongue
Dan   08 Sep 2013, 1:17 pm
I've not heard so much bull in all my life. Andy, the clue is in the name... It is a STAFF shuttle.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   08 Sep 2013, 2:03 pm
(08 Sep 2013, 1:17 pm)Daniel wrote I've not heard so much bull in all my life. Andy, the clue is in the name... It is a STAFF shuttle.

Not just that, he's ignoring the fact that the staff shuttles only run when public transport is unavailable. So unless this guy wants his change at either 1:00 or 4:00 in the morning, his point is mostly irrelevant.
Dan   08 Sep 2013, 2:14 pm
(08 Sep 2013, 2:03 pm)AdamY wrote Not just that, he's ignoring the fact that the staff shuttles only run when public transport is unavailable. So unless this guy wants his change at either 1:00 or 4:00 in the morning, his point is mostly irrelevant.

Deptford have shuttles on all day. Use one of the two silver vans all day and then often use a bus during peak periods. I believe when some vehicles go out of service after a day of work they often wait around and do one shuttle too
MurdnunoC   08 Sep 2013, 2:20 pm
(08 Sep 2013, 2:14 pm)Daniel wrote Deptford have shuttles on all day. Use one of the two silver vans all day and then often use a bus during peak periods. I believe when some vehicles go out of service after a day of work they often wait around and do one shuttle too

I forgot about the vans to be honest. I was on about the buses. In Blaydon, there's one that goes to Gateshead at approx 4:30-4:45 am getting there for 5-ish.
Adrian   08 Sep 2013, 2:22 pm
God I'll not be getting the M3 to concord again then. It'll be quicker me jumping in the driver changeover van and getting a lift to the depot. Big Grin

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   08 Sep 2013, 3:33 pm
That can't be right, last time I was down Deptford a few months back I had left my Jacket on the 2C and didn't realise, and I walked down from Park Lane. And I was told by a Driver who I spoke to that I could use the Shuttle until the Depot Manager came out and told me to get off the premises and that it was for only staff to use. I did argue the fact that it is a right treck and rather tiring for anybody to walk there and back. To which he replied I don't care just get off the premises or i'll ring the Police to remove you if you continue to argue.

So therefore I doubt any member of the Public who has an Item of lost property and needs to go to Deptford to collect it will be able to use the Shuttle Bus.
tyresmoke   08 Sep 2013, 5:13 pm
I'd be very surprised if public could use it... It is a staff shuttle for security reasons.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Andreos1   08 Sep 2013, 5:29 pm
I had to laugh when Andy was saying it.
It has to be true, there's a sign up haha.

I see Ken has been making friends with Trent and Stuart Smith today Smile
cbma06   08 Sep 2013, 7:28 pm
(08 Sep 2013, 5:13 pm)tyresmoke wrote I'd be very surprised if public could use it... It is a staff shuttle for security reasons.

I think the only way that you be able to get on the shuttle to Deptford Depot is if you going down for lost property and even then the Deptford control needs to know about it prior and also the driver of the shuttle needs to know if theres a Mr or Mrs somebody will be getting on board, or the item will be put on the shuttle for collection at bus station end then the item would have to be signed saying the person has signed for the item etc....

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Andreos1   08 Sep 2013, 10:40 pm
Adam Smurthwaite > Go North East 3 hours ago · Has the X25 due at 18:04 at the top of barley mow/top of vigo (before the tunnel) been removed from service?

Ian Hignett The 17:28 from Langley Park, which looks to be the one that you refer to, now terminates at Chester-le-
Street at 17:54.
Like · 3 hours ago

Adam Smurthwaite Ah, wonderful well in that case, how come the one after it at 18:55 shows up at wreckenton still, seems to be a bit random why they cut that off at chester but later ones still run later right?
Like · 3 hours ago

Ian Hignett No, clearly it was unviable to operate to Newcastle and then run back empty. One vehicle has to come off for the service to change from half hourly to
hourly in the timetable.
Edited · Like · 1 hour ago

Fyacebuk Polis What a perfect example of patient, non-condescending customer service Ian. If you're going to come on
here, fulfilling your sad sorry life by providing people with advice, do it without being patronising please or don't bother at all.
Edited · Like · 2 · 1 hour ago

I thought Fyacebuk had been blocked by Ian? Not sure why he wrote that. Either way, a 'new' character called Percy Main, featuring a profile picture of his namesake Percy Sugden has liked Fyacebuk's comment
Rapidsnap   11 Sep 2013, 9:30 pm
I believe some of the accounts posting stupid questions (like the WiFi on the MPD) on the GNE Facebook is in fact members of this forum hiding behind false names. Are some of you trying to be as bad as Kenco with his 6 thousand facebook accounts.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Michael   11 Sep 2013, 9:32 pm
Who ever it is, their sad because its pointless, their worse than ian for posting all the time

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   11 Sep 2013, 9:51 pm
I am starting to wonder if it actually is people from this site, or if they are lurkers from somewhere else.

We all laughed and joked about it initially, but when pressed, people denied it was them.
Nobody has any reason to lie or deny the 'characters' are them.

I am not condemming or condoning the posts, however, standing up for the 'characters' actions, each of the people behind them have their own reasons for posting. I do believe the posts have shown the GNE page up for the farce it can be.
It has also shown Mr Hignett and Mr Clifford up, some would say deservedly.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   11 Sep 2013, 10:22 pm
(11 Sep 2013, 9:30 pm)GMitchelhill wrote I believe some of the accounts posting stupid questions (like the WiFi on the MPD) on the GNE Facebook is in fact members of this forum hiding behind false names. Are some of you trying to be as bad as Kenco with his 6 thousand facebook accounts.

I personally think that is what, whoever is hiding behind these accounts, wants people to think. I'm sure I read a few days ago that they named people from this forum on there - myself included. I don't think it necessarily means they're from this forum. As we're an open community, everyone from everywhere can read our threads. Member or not. I wouldn't want to see it any other way. There's too much "boys club" in the enthusiast world as it is, without NEB going the same way.

Whilst I would say that the Wi-Fi on the MPD posts clearly came as a result of what I and others posted on here, the above would still apply. Someone maliciously posting questions that are taken from this forum, is an ideal opportunity to convince others to put 2 + 2 together, yet come up with 5. The obvious answer is not always the right one.

Seeing as Wi-Fi was mentioned, I'll go on record and say that the poor customer service, in response to those "stupid" questions, is twice as unforgivable as those posting the questions in the first place. But if they will insist in presenting that image of their customer care, they'll always encourage those who will mock. Such is life.

Dan   12 Sep 2013, 6:31 am
MOD: Merged Post 297 to Post 300 to this thread, where similar discussion resides.

I must admit at first I thought it was hilarious, and I found it even better that discussions on this forum were being posted on Go North East's Facebook page, where customer services would be alerted to it. I also liked how our points regarding how dangerous Social Media is for a business came to light.

Member or not, I hope the person(s) behind these Facebook posts has made Ian and Andy aware of their actions; and that, although they may be helping customers out in out of office hours, their words, actions and participation on Go North East's Facebook page does not only have the potential to cause upset when their posts are more "aggressive", but it also has the potential to tarnish Go North East as a company also.
I appreciate that some members of this forum are friends with at least one of the two parties and will not agree with points raised on this thread, and will think that, because someone has set up fake Facebook account(s) to make their point, they're worse than Ian and Andy, but I do strongly believe that it had (and quite possibly still has) the potential to finally get things sorted on that page - and I'm glad someone has finally done it.

I do feel it would be appropriate for one of us to get in touch with Customer Services again. They have witnessed the potential damage that can be caused during out of office hours when they are not there to moderate posts, and they should realise how vital it is for them to not allow posting during out of office hours (or any of the other suggestions that were given previously).
tyresmoke   12 Sep 2013, 7:38 am
Funnily enough I did post a simple question regarding the availability of wifi on the X84 on Sundays, of course it was never answered!

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

MrFozz   12 Sep 2013, 8:03 am
(08 Sep 2013, 7:28 pm)cbma06 wrote I think the only way that you be able to get on the shuttle to Deptford Depot is if you going down for lost property and even then the Deptford control needs to know about it prior and also the driver of the shuttle needs to know if theres a Mr or Mrs somebody will be getting on board, or the item will be put on the shuttle for collection at bus station end then the item would have to be signed saying the person has signed for the item etc....

I know this is a few days old now...But regarding the Staff Shuttle, I have been on it twice when I left mobile phones on buses, suppose it helps when my mate is the shuttle driver, went down and back on it
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   12 Sep 2013, 8:05 am
(12 Sep 2013, 7:38 am)tyresmoke wrote Funnily enough I did post a simple question regarding the availability of wifi on the X84 on Sundays, of course it was never answered!

I find you're more likely to get an answer through Tweeting them.

Andreos1   12 Sep 2013, 8:07 am
At taking the risk of starting an argument (which is not the intention) if Ian, Andy or the person who is friends with them on here, can justify some the attitude shown, when offering the information on that forum - then I will be very surprised.
Excuses may be offered, but I am not sure justification can
Pages (146)    19 10 11146