North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 12 May 2016

(12 May 2016, 8:03 pm)South Tyne Lad Just had a extreme thought for a photograph,  A Train flying over this bridge over a canal on the ECML but one thing is..... I will have to travel to just past Selby to catch this said shot.

Some bus shots this weekend though and I've got a good place for the 20/20As, Nowhere that's on Flickr.

You'll have to hope that I haven't got the same ideas that you have for the 20/20A as I'll be out getting them tomorrow. I'm intrigued!

RE: Anything and Everything - South Tyne Lad - 12 May 2016

(12 May 2016, 8:11 pm)Jimmi You'll have to hope that I haven't got the same ideas that you have for the 20/20A as I'll be out getting them tomorrow. I'm intrigued!

Just outside West Rainton?  Wink

EDIT Benridge Bank which is on the exit from West Rainton, Heading to East Rainton

(12 May 2016, 8:15 pm)South Tyne Lad Just outside West Rainton?  Wink

EDIT Benridge Bank which is on the exit from West Rainton, Heading to East Rainton

Ooh, good one! Smile

No it wasn't quite in my ideas but I've got some ideas for that sort of area.

(12 May 2016, 8:24 pm)Jimmi Ooh, good one! Smile

No it wasn't quite in my ideas but I've got some ideas for that sort of area.

I thought we had the same locations there!  Smile

That's the only area that I find appealing on the 20/20A. Or Cleadons a nice try but that's too close to where I live.

RE: Anything and Everything - Tom - 12 May 2016

I was going to try Fulwell for photos of the new Streetlites, Sunderland Road seems decent too. Not sure when though

(12 May 2016, 8:28 pm)South Tyne Lad I thought we had the same locations there!  Smile

That's the only area that I find appealing on the 20/20A. Or Cleadons a nice try but that's too close to where I live.

We didn't but now you've told me, I may steel it! Tongue

Nah, only joking!  Smile

Got some more ideas but It'll all come down to time, where the sun is etc.

(12 May 2016, 8:31 pm)Tom I was going to try Fulwell for photos of the new Streetlites, Sunderland Road seems decent too. Not sure when though

Fullwells a good location, You'll get some good ones there. Smile

(12 May 2016, 8:38 pm)South Tyne Lad Fullwells a good location, You'll get some good ones there.  Smile

Hopefully, couldn't think of many other places as the 20 route is so boring for most of it especially Durham-Sunderland

(12 May 2016, 8:34 pm)Jimmi We didn't but now you've told me, I may steel it! Tongue

Nah, only joking!  Smile

Got some more ideas but It'll all come down to time, where the sun is etc.

You better not! Tongue

I admit I'm never really bothered where the sun is etc, Though thinking about it now, My position on the Bank should have the sun shining on the bus in the afternoon, Which coincides with my lie in haha.

(12 May 2016, 8:39 pm)Tom Hopefully, couldn't think of many other places as the 20 route is so boring for most of it especially Durham-Sunderland

Aye, West Rainton is a good try though, Loads of opportunity's around the Village for photos, Not just where I'm going.

(12 May 2016, 8:41 pm)South Tyne Lad Aye, West Rainton is a good try though, Loads of opportunity's around the Village for photos, Not just where I'm going.

Aye West Rainton is canny, you should get some good shots there - anywhere is better than Park Lane and Durham Bus Station though!

(12 May 2016, 8:40 pm)South Tyne Lad You better not!  Tongue

I admit I'm never really bothered where the sun is etc, Though thinking about it now, My position on the Bank should have the sun shining on the bus in the afternoon, Which coincides with my lie in haha.

I quite like it to be in a good place as it can make the photo look better I feel, think it would be better in the afternoon though. What I may try and do tomorrow is jump on a 20/20A between Durham and Sunderland and note what time I see the StreetLite's go past so I know where to be without standing like a melon somewhere for goodness knows how long waiting for one to materialise! Of course knowing me I'll mess all the shots up, not good at catching moving buses especially newer ones where I have to set the camera with certain shutter speeds to catch the destination blinds without their being lines through it.

RE: Anything and Everything - citaro5284 - 12 May 2016

I bet you end up at the Wearside version of Cling On Corner Jimmi.......

(12 May 2016, 9:03 pm)citaro5284 I bet you end up at the Wearside version of Cling On Corner Jimmi.......
Probably. I'm bound to at least pass through it, will probably get some lunch somewhere in Sunderland.

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 13 May 2016

My Birthday today...not really in the mood for celebrating...

We finally got my sisters ashes back yesterday, so Me, My mam, Dad and partner are taking some to the beach later on to scatter 😀

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 13 May 2016

(13 May 2016, 6:27 am)MrFozz My Birthday today...not really in the mood for celebrating...

We finally got my sisters ashes back yesterday, so Me, My mam, Dad and partner are taking some to the beach later on to scatter ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well you couldn't have better weather for scattering.

FIL asked to be scattered in his leek trench. MIL has no intention of growing leeks, so is going to plant him with some carnations, in a spot nearby.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 25 May 2016

Happy towel day!

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 25 May 2016

(25 May 2016, 3:33 pm)MurdnunoC Happy towel day!
Get yourself some wine to celebrate as today is also National Wine Day!

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 25 May 2016

(25 May 2016, 4:15 pm)Jimmi Get yourself some wine to celebrate as today is also National Wine Day!

I don't drink wine or any other sort of alcohol.

Still, I have my towel, so all is right with the universe.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 26 May 2016

I didn't realise that War of the Worlds was so good in musical form - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObomwH2ztTM