Menu

Pages (146)    1142 143 144146   
Jimmi   12 May 2016, 8:11 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:03 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Just had a extreme thought for a photograph,  A Train flying over this bridge over a canal on the ECML but one thing is..... I will have to travel to just past Selby to catch this said shot.

Some bus shots this weekend though and I've got a good place for the 20/20As, Nowhere that's on Flickr.

You'll have to hope that I haven't got the same ideas that you have for the 20/20A as I'll be out getting them tomorrow. I'm intrigued!
South Tyne Lad   12 May 2016, 8:15 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:11 pm)Jimmi wrote You'll have to hope that I haven't got the same ideas that you have for the 20/20A as I'll be out getting them tomorrow. I'm intrigued!

Just outside West Rainton?  Wink

EDIT Benridge Bank which is on the exit from West Rainton, Heading to East Rainton

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Jimmi   12 May 2016, 8:24 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:15 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Just outside West Rainton?  Wink

EDIT Benridge Bank which is on the exit from West Rainton, Heading to East Rainton

Ooh, good one! Smile

No it wasn't quite in my ideas but I've got some ideas for that sort of area.
South Tyne Lad   12 May 2016, 8:28 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:24 pm)Jimmi wrote Ooh, good one! Smile

No it wasn't quite in my ideas but I've got some ideas for that sort of area.

I thought we had the same locations there!  Smile

That's the only area that I find appealing on the 20/20A. Or Cleadons a nice try but that's too close to where I live.

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   12 May 2016, 8:31 pm
I was going to try Fulwell for photos of the new Streetlites, Sunderland Road seems decent too. Not sure when though
Jimmi   12 May 2016, 8:34 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:28 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote I thought we had the same locations there!  Smile

That's the only area that I find appealing on the 20/20A. Or Cleadons a nice try but that's too close to where I live.

We didn't but now you've told me, I may steel it! Tongue

Nah, only joking!  Smile

Got some more ideas but It'll all come down to time, where the sun is etc.
South Tyne Lad   12 May 2016, 8:38 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:31 pm)Tom wrote I was going to try Fulwell for photos of the new Streetlites, Sunderland Road seems decent too. Not sure when though

Fullwells a good location, You'll get some good ones there. Smile

Tom   12 May 2016, 8:39 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:38 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Fullwells a good location, You'll get some good ones there.  Smile

Hopefully, couldn't think of many other places as the 20 route is so boring for most of it especially Durham-Sunderland
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
South Tyne Lad   12 May 2016, 8:40 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:34 pm)Jimmi wrote We didn't but now you've told me, I may steel it! Tongue

Nah, only joking!  Smile

Got some more ideas but It'll all come down to time, where the sun is etc.

You better not! Tongue

I admit I'm never really bothered where the sun is etc, Though thinking about it now, My position on the Bank should have the sun shining on the bus in the afternoon, Which coincides with my lie in haha.

South Tyne Lad   12 May 2016, 8:41 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:39 pm)Tom wrote Hopefully, couldn't think of many other places as the 20 route is so boring for most of it especially Durham-Sunderland

Aye, West Rainton is a good try though, Loads of opportunity's around the Village for photos, Not just where I'm going.

Tom   12 May 2016, 8:45 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:41 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Aye, West Rainton is a good try though, Loads of opportunity's around the Village for photos, Not just where I'm going.

Aye West Rainton is canny, you should get some good shots there - anywhere is better than Park Lane and Durham Bus Station though!
Jimmi   12 May 2016, 8:49 pm
(12 May 2016, 8:40 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote You better not!  Tongue

I admit I'm never really bothered where the sun is etc, Though thinking about it now, My position on the Bank should have the sun shining on the bus in the afternoon, Which coincides with my lie in haha.

I quite like it to be in a good place as it can make the photo look better I feel, think it would be better in the afternoon though. What I may try and do tomorrow is jump on a 20/20A between Durham and Sunderland and note what time I see the StreetLite's go past so I know where to be without standing like a melon somewhere for goodness knows how long waiting for one to materialise! Of course knowing me I'll mess all the shots up, not good at catching moving buses especially newer ones where I have to set the camera with certain shutter speeds to catch the destination blinds without their being lines through it.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
citaro5284   12 May 2016, 9:03 pm
I bet you end up at the Wearside version of Cling On Corner Jimmi.......
Jimmi   12 May 2016, 9:13 pm
(12 May 2016, 9:03 pm)citaro5284 wrote I bet you end up at the Wearside version of Cling On Corner Jimmi.......
Probably. I'm bound to at least pass through it, will probably get some lunch somewhere in Sunderland.
MrFozz   13 May 2016, 6:27 am
My Birthday today...not really in the mood for celebrating...

We finally got my sisters ashes back yesterday, so Me, My mam, Dad and partner are taking some to the beach later on to scatter 😀

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
BusLoverMum   13 May 2016, 10:47 am
(13 May 2016, 6:27 am)MrFozz wrote My Birthday today...not really in the mood for celebrating...

We finally got my sisters ashes back yesterday, so Me, My mam, Dad and partner are taking some to the beach later on to scatter ?

Well you couldn't have better weather for scattering.

FIL asked to be scattered in his leek trench. MIL has no intention of growing leeks, so is going to plant him with some carnations, in a spot nearby.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
MurdnunoC   25 May 2016, 3:33 pm
Happy towel day!
Jimmi   25 May 2016, 4:15 pm
(25 May 2016, 3:33 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Happy towel day!
Get yourself some wine to celebrate as today is also National Wine Day!
MurdnunoC   25 May 2016, 6:06 pm
(25 May 2016, 4:15 pm)Jimmi wrote Get yourself some wine to celebrate as today is also National Wine Day!

I don't drink wine or any other sort of alcohol.

Still, I have my towel, so all is right with the universe.
Michael   26 May 2016, 5:43 pm
I didn't realise that War of the Worlds was so good in musical form - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObomwH2ztTM

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
BusLoverMum   26 May 2016, 6:47 pm
(26 May 2016, 5:43 pm)Michael wrote I didn't realise that War of the Worlds was so good in musical form - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObomwH2ztTM

Husband bought a copy of it for me, thankfully before the rather soul-less remake of it.

Excellent stuff, definitely.

Though as a student, I had a flatmate who played it constantly. Wasn't surprised when I knew most of it word for word!
James101   27 May 2016, 10:43 pm
Can't quite remember where but there was a discussion a few weeks back about the tone bus companies take with customers via Twitter.

To add to that, check out this corker I spotted from First recently:
[Image: 0256c21a6ad8af47d0a8f92761ff193d.jpg]

There's another one along the lines of a customer asking why they've pulled Sunday journeys on their route. First's reply was 'to run a bus all the way out there for 3 passengers isn't viable'.

Harsh, but true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrFozz   02 Jun 2016, 12:30 am
Despite my life falling apart 3 days ago...

Within the last hour I have gone from being 'In a relationship' to being 'engaged'

S813 FVK   02 Jun 2016, 7:33 am
(27 May 2016, 10:43 pm)James101 wrote Can't quite remember where but there was a discussion a few weeks back about the tone bus companies take with customers via Twitter.

To add to that, check out this corker I spotted from First recently:
[Image: 0256c21a6ad8af47d0a8f92761ff193d.jpg]

There's another one along the lines of a customer asking why they've pulled Sunday journeys on their route. First's reply was 'to run a bus all the way out there for 3 passengers isn't viable'.

Harsh, but true!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That annoys the hell out of me. Customers complaining expecting the company to know exactly which bus that they are waiting for but then the response will never usually satisfy them anyway.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   02 Jun 2016, 7:41 am
(02 Jun 2016, 12:30 am)MrFozz wrote Despite my life falling apart 3 days ago...

Within the last hour I have gone from being 'In a relationship' to being 'engaged'

That was quick Fozz

Congrats Smile

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Andreos1   02 Jun 2016, 7:44 am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-36426608

Boy knocks down Lego statue - Is it bad that I expected to see our very own NK53 standing by a pile of bricks? Angel

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
MrFozz   02 Jun 2016, 9:30 am
(02 Jun 2016, 7:41 am)Michael wrote That was quick Fozz

Congrats Smile
She knew it was coming, I was planning to do it at the end of the month in Belfast, I thought WTF, do it now and she said yes...

Despite our hassles and my recent meltdown, the love never was lost, I have gained the most beautiful (step)daughter, my little princess [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] she is probably more excited than Me and Stace, I have also inherited a wonderful, Joseph Stalin as my Father-in-Law [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] and her mam is awesome as well, who have accepted me without question.

I am one very happy bloke this morning.

Very bittersweer though, the one person I want to be there with us is not, my sister, although I can hear her saying 'Fucking finally' with a hint of laughter in her voice...

Out of interest, would my wedding be the first 'NEB Wedding' [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

NK53 TKT   02 Jun 2016, 9:32 am
(02 Jun 2016, 12:30 am)MrFozz wrote Despite my life falling apart 3 days ago...

Congratulations Smile
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
NK53 TKT   02 Jun 2016, 9:34 am
(02 Jun 2016, 7:44 am)Andreos1 wrote http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-36426608

Boy knocks down Lego statue - Is it bad that I expected to see our very own NK53 standing by a pile of bricks? Angel

Never been to China, the nearest I have been to there is Singapore in 2007 Tongue
MurdnunoC   02 Jun 2016, 9:41 am
(02 Jun 2016, 9:30 am)MrFozz wrote Out of interest, would my wedding be the first 'NEB Wedding' [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Don't know about an NEB Wedding but you should definitely consider a wrestling-style wedding where nothing goes wrong and everything goes to plan. Who knows, at the wedding reception, you could end up being attacked by The Undertaker, Jake The Snake Roberts, and a cobra.

But in all seriousness, congratulations.
Pages (146)    1142 143 144146